No announcement yet.

Electric Superman?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Superman?!?!?

Who and what was Electric Superman? What were his powers and how did Superman become that way? Can someone give me all there and all knowledge of Electric Superman?!?!?

You want information on the Supermen two, electric boogaloo? /sigh

Short version or long verison?

short version: DC wanted to make money so they made a stunt about giving Superman new powers and a new costume. After DC made their money they put Superman back to his traditional duds. Oh yeah, and they released a 3d Superman comic with the littl red\blue glasses. That's really all you need to know.

Long version: For some strange reason that was NEVER explained Superman changed into an enerry being. Somehow Superman begin exisitng in an "energy plane" and needed a new containment suit to still be super. Also, as Clark Kent he was now competely normal. It was explained in WIZARD (an oh-so-trendy comic magaizine) that Superman changed into an energy being because he either traveled into the bottled city of Kandor (which is out of phase with our plane) or because he got a Super-sized energy boost in "Final Night" when he dived into the sun. Both explanations are 1)rather stupid, 2)don't make sense 3) contradict continuity and 4) were never explained in the actual comic. I am sorry, but we shouldn't have to subscribe to a stupid magazine to get plot points.

Boring stories followed for a few months and then Poof Superman splits into Superman red and Superman Blue for no reason. Something about The Cyborg having a big gun or something. Of course the two supeman had classic odd couple personalities. Red was a hothead, Blue was calm. Etc. This followed for another few months when they decided to do the millenium Chicken stoyline... uhmm I mean Millenium Giants storyline. The millenium Chicken storyline was from Young Justice 1,000,000 and a Great read, if you can find it then get it! You won't be disapointed!

The millenium Giants on the other hand was a ho-hum generic storty that.... sucked. Giants appear to destroy the earth and Superman has to stop them. The millienium giants were so powerful nobody could defeat them so Superman Blue and Red give their life to protect the earth. Regular Superman comes back. Again, in the comics its never explained how or why that happens. In an issue of Wizard We're told that stopping the millenium giants causes superman to lose all the excess energy he had gained from sun-dipping, restoring him to how he regularly was, bu again, that was from Wizards magazine, not the actual comic.

IMO, its best to pretend the whole thing never happened.

Comment

I want to know what happened to Yellow Superman... that's why I want to know. I mean, his suit is blue, red, AND yellow. There should have been three Supermen with one of them being yellow gosh darnit!

(read: *vomit*)

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        I want to know what happened to Yellow Superman... that's why I want to know. I mean, his suit is blue, red, AND yellow. There should have been three Supermen with one of them being yellow gosh darnit!

(read: *vomit*)
        He was there, he was just afraid to appear "on camera".

Because he was yellow, see.

Yeah. <ahem> Is this thing on?

Comment

Originally posted by mvblacnyte
          He was there, he was just afraid to appear "on camera".

Because he was yellow, see.

Yeah. <ahem> Is this thing on?
          AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Kinda lame, but kinda hilarious at the same time. Nicely done.

Comment

That arc drew me back in for a few months then I got bored with it and dropped out until Superman went back.

Comment

They totally lost me when they did that. I was upset about the costume/power changes but i gave it a chance for awhile. Then it just got confusing to my simple brain. Dropped out for awhile till the real Man of Steel returned.

Comment

I was about 9 (probably younger) around the time this change happened. I thought it was cool as hell. Superman was made of energy and could shoot lightning out of his fingertips!

I'm proud to say I know better now.

Comment

Yeah, I never did like Superman Red and Blue too.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎