some batman questions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some batman questions?

some batman questions

1.did batman even want to have a sidekick in the first place as i dont ever remember him being thrilled about it.

2. what are there names and identities of all batmans sidekicks including the robins, the batgirls and any others

3. are dick and bruce friends or is there hostility between them

4. is there a comic series that deals with terry mcguiness the batman of the future

5. does batman ever have children in current canon

6. in else world has batman ever gained kryptonian powers, a green lantern ring or superspeed like the flash

7 is there an elseworlds where the world find out batman and supes identity.
    Last edited by ajax; 03-04-2005, 10:26 AM.

what are there names and identities of all batmans sidekicks?

1st Dick grayson/ Robin I
    2nd Jason Todd/ Robin II
    3rd Tim Drake/robin III

4th Stephanie Brown/ Robin IIII/ Spoiler

in else world has batman ever gained kryptonian powers?

No but in Superman: Speeding Bullets Kal-el is found b the wayne and becomes batman with powers.
    Last edited by kal-EltheRebel; 03-04-2005, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Re: some batman questions?

Originally posted by ajax
      some batman questions

1.did batman even want to have a sidekick in the first place as i dont ever remember him being thrilled about it.

2. what are there names and identities of all batmans sidekicks including the robins, the batgirls and any others

4. is there a comic series that deals with terry mcguiness the batman of the future

6. in else world has batman ever gained kryptonian powers, a green lantern ring or superspeed like the flash

1. Both Dick Grayson and Jason Todd were Batman's wards, and became Robin to revenge their parents. Batman helped them with this, reluctantly. Tim Drake figured out Batman's identity and pestered him into making him the new Robin.

2. Batgirl I - Barbara Gordon, now Oracle.
      Batgirl II - Cassandra Cain, daughter of assassin David Cain.

3. Dick and Bruce are friends with a definite mentor-to-student tension.

4. There was a Batman Forever comic, but in the DCU, that Batman doesn't actually exist, and probably never will in DCU proper.

5. Again, that's something that hasn't happened yet, and probably never will in the future except as elseworlds or possible timelines. You'll never see Bruce becoming a daddy in the mainstream DCU.

6. Someone else already answered this one.

7. Not that I know of, at least not as the main plotline. I think there are a couple Elseworld's where the identities of most or all of the mainstream DCU's heros are well-known.

Comment

Originally posted by ajax
        some batman questions

Well, It depends on which origin story you read. He seems to make Dick grayson into Robin pretty quickly in Dark Victory. To my knowledge that's the latest book that's cannon.

After Dick Left, he replaced him almost immediately with jason Todd.

After Jason Todd, Tim Drake had a difficult time convincing Batman that he needed a Robin, and it was a long while and very rigorous training with a couple of Masters that he really became Robin.

When Tim Drake leaves, the very same week he gives the Job to Tim's Girlfriend, the spoiler.

I think people have already explained the Robins and Batgirls, but there were some other "sidekicks"

Batman also used to have a Hunchback by the name of Harold whom he rescued from Penguin. It was Harold that kept all of the Bat-gadgets up to date.

Jean Paul Valley was an assassin from a mystic order that broke free of his programming. It was Jean Paul Valley that Bruce asked to become Batman when he had his back broken.

Stephanie Brown was the 4th Robin, but Batman just used her to make Tim Jealous. She originally was the spoiler, a masked do-gooder that tried to "spoil" her father's crimes.

More then anything Dick want's Bruce's pride and approval. Dick is always trying to live up to Batman's idealized expectations.

Bruce... Well... He does Love Dick Grayson. He has made Dick his heir. But the truth is I've always suspected Bruce was afraid of Dick leaving him, of Dick rejecting him. So Bruce pushes Dick away before Dick has a chance to leave him.

You see this time and time again, Bruce and Dick Heal the rifts, Do a little father\son bonding, and then Batman does something stupid that pushes Dick away. Then the rifts are heald again, then again Batman does something to push him away.

Yup, Batman Beyond. For the most part it was rather average, but issues 20\21 were great issues featuring the future Justice League's Green Lantern. I really do love that kid.

Sort of kind of maybe but probably not.

In the late 80's before Elseworld was created there was a graphic novel in which Batman fights Ra's Al Ghul. During the end Talia runs away from her father and in the epilogue she drops off a baby boy to an orphanage. The implication was that baby was Talia's and Bruce.

Nothing ever came from that story and most people considered it Out of Continuity, an Elseworld before there were elseworlds.

In Batman Speeding Bullets, Little Kal El's ship lands right outside Gotham city where he is adopted by the waynes.

I know there is an elseworld where Bruce wayne becomes Green Lantern and fights Sinestro, but for the life of me I can't remember what its called.

I know of no elseworld where Batman gets superspeed.

Many many many.

In kingdom Come Bruce's identity is revealed, in Citizen Wayne its about a reporter trying to find the identity of Batman\janus, in another one with Scarecrow Bruce wayne never bothered to hide the fact that he was Batman. There's probably more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Comment

The elseworld story arc where Batman was chosen to be a GL was called Batman: In Darkest Knight

Comment

cool

Comment

Originally posted by Slade
              The elseworld story arc where Batman was chosen to be a GL was called Batman: In Darkest Knight
              Darkest Knight was a pretty good story. A good mix of Batman and GL.

Comment

yea IT SOUND AWSOME

Comment

Originally posted by Preus
                  Darkest Knight was a pretty good story. A good mix of Batman and GL.
                  Hmm... I loved Elseworlds, and although they still do imaginary stories, I wish they still had those particular series going. I remember some of my favorites... one that I vaguely recall had Kal-El never leaving Krypton, and somehow ending up with a GL ring. Ah, nostalgia. Unfortunately for me, I misplaced my Elseworlds books, which I had kept separate from my regular issues... and now have nothing to look back on fondly...

Comment

yea kal was always supposed to be a gl.

Comment

What was that girl Robin's name in The Dark Knight Returns?

Comment

Most of these have been answered, but here goes an in-depth #2: "what are there names and identities of all batmans sidekicks including the robins, the batgirls and any others?"
                        --------------------

Robin #0?: a younger Bruce Wayne was Robin briefly in the pre-crisis mythos.

Dick Grayson: Robin #1/Nightwing
                        Jason Todd: Robin #2- killed by the Joker
                        Tim Drake: Robin #3
                        Stephanie Brown: Robin #4/ The Spoiler- also killed to death

Carrie Kelly: Robin in the Dark Night Returns, Catgirl in the Dark Night Strikes Again

The Huntress (Silver Age) was the daughter of Golden-Age (Earth 2) Batman and Catwoman. Her name was Helena Kyle, and she died in Crisis on Infinite Earths. The current Huntress is Helena Bertinelli.

Selina Kyle: Catwoman
                        Kathy Kane: Batwoman (pre-crisis only, but Kathy Kane exists in post-crisis world)

Jean Paul Valley: Azrael (briefly Batman II)
                        Zatanna Zatara: the pretty magician who often teams up with Batman

Batgirls:
                        Batgirl #1: a sidekick to pre-crisis Batwoman
                        Batgirl #2: Barbara Gordon, now Oracle
                        Batgirl 2.5: Barbara Gordon from an alternate time-stream, died in Zero Hour
                        Batgirl #3: Cassandra Cain

And finally (I'm sure I didn't cover everybody, but I'm close!) Clark Kent has teamed up with Batman for probably 60 years...although which one is the sidekick depends on which one is more popular at the time. They know each other's secret identities, and Superman has entrusted Bruce with a kryptonite ring in case he ever gets out of control.

teh end
                        Last edited by Gangbuster; 03-10-2005, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Okay for any newbies in here. I am going to attempt to give you a strictly modern age the hell with crisis idea of who is who with batman:

Batman: Bruce Wayne

Alfred Pennyworth: Bruces butler, batmans organizer

Robin: Tim Drake

Commissioner James Gordon: Batmans friend and colleague> NOTE: After Jim Lee/Jeph Loeb Recent run "HUSH" it is possible that Gordon knows Batman's idenity.

Nightwing: Dick Grayson original robin, (Robin in movies)>NOTE: took over for Bruce after the events of knights end as Batman for a short period.

Oracle: Barbara Gordon (James Gordon's Daughter, original Bat-girl, shot and paralyzed by joker), Batmans information gatherer.

Huntress: Holy crap I hate this character so much I can't even remember her name, is/isn't going out with nightwing? (any pros could answer this but I either don't know, or don't care.)

Azrael: Jean Paul Valley, again a character that survives (in my opinion) strictly because of batmans no killing bad guys rule (thats right Batman DOES NOT kill ANYONE!) Took over for Bruce after Bane broke his back, went nuts tried to kill Robin, let the Abbator die (crappy one dimensional villian)

Catwoman: Selena Kyle, once a thief, always a thief, but she isn't near a bad as the rest of the bad bad guys. found out Batman's idenity during the above mentioned "HUSH"

Superman: Clark Kent. Mutual respect between Clark and Bruce enable them to work together, they are however anything but friends. (Also, Bruce is in possession of what may be? the last bit of Kryptonite on earth, in the form of a ring, basically Batman is about the only person who could take out Supes.

WHew!

P.S. Anyone know anything about T. Welling as Kent in batman begins?

Comment

It's a false rumor.

Comment

Robin Four:Stephanie Brown/ Spoiler

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡