No announcement yet.

Legion of Super Heroes? These producers now sound really good

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legion of Super Heroes? These producers now sound really good

When I first read about Doomsday, I thought these new producers had no clue what they were doing. Doomsday has no place in the story of young Clark. But as soon as read the spoilers about Clark working in the Daily Planet (and I hope he’ll be wearing glasses) in Season 8, I suddenly had new respect for them and actually started looking forward to the new season…. They’re making it so something is actually happening with Clark, he’s moving forward. He’s not just pointlessly doing nothing, just as excuse for the producers to drag out a show so they can continue making money. These new producers are doing something Al & Miles should have been doing over the last few seasons.

Now that I’ve read the Legion of the Super Heroes are coming up, I’m wondering if this could even turn out to be Smallville’s best ever season. I mean, they are a great part of the young Superman mythology who we’ve never seen in live action before. So these producers are not only looking at the movies, they’re looking at the whole history of the character. They’re truly making this their own unique version of the story, that has elements of different versions of the story. But it‘s still Clark‘s story……. I just can’t wait to see what they do with this whole season.

And I really can’t wait to see the episode when Clark first meets Saturn Girl, Cosmic Boy and Lighting Lad…… I wonder if it might in any way resemble this cartoon
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't mind having them around, but I don't want them to steal the spotlight from Clark.

Comment

Green Arrow stole the spotlight from Clark because he really has his own story. But the Legion of Super heroes' story is going to be about how they work with Clark.

Comment

don't give the credit to the producers give it to geoff johns who approached them in the first place

Comment

I think it is very cool that a current DC comic writer approached Smallville to write an episode using his characters, as he's written them. At this point, the Smallville story of the adolescence of Clark Kent has been told, so this is the next direction in which to take Smallville.

Comment

i think it will be good to read some of his interviews about legion of three worlds where he talks about the legion and their effect on superboy as a youth.

there are links to two more at the bottom of that article (which i think are better for our purposes than the main article)

Comment

ForzaItalia, I think one of the new producers said he won't be wearing glasses...at least not yet.

Comment

Actually we shouldnt be saying they are new producers they have been writers/assoicate producers on the show since season 2. This season they are now the showrunners and head producers with al/miles getting the boot.

Comment

these producers always been good.i always thought that season 8 would b one of the top seasons.com on now these producers wrote classic episodes

Comment

Here’s how I see it…… There’s 11 DC Heroes we might see this year:
                    1. Green Arrow
                    2. Black Canary
                    3. Aquaman
                    4. Cyborg
                    5. Impulse
                    6. Martian Manhunter
                    7. Kara / Supergirl
                    8. Maxima
                    9. Saturn Girl
                    10. Lighting Lad
                    11. Cosmic Boy

Notice only 3 of them really belong in the story of young Clark Kent before he becomes Superman.

Comment

I think that since they are only around for a single episode it will most likely be the story i've been pushing from the beginning, the one from Superman: The Animated Series.

Comment

sounds like legion could be another justice episode. i can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Mar-El
                          ForzaItalia, I think one of the new producers said he won't be wearing glasses...at least not yet.
                          Aw man! This sucks, I was so looking forward to Clark wearing his traditional glasses. I hope they see sense mid-season at least.

I'm excited about the Legion of Superheroes episode because not only is it being written by the creator of it (making it more authentic and in tune with the mythology probably), seeing as they're from the future, maybe they'll tell Clark of his exploits as Superman in the far future? It will be particularly interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by Québec
                            I don't mind having them around, but I don't want them to steal the spotlight from Clark.
                            See, I've gotten over that, mostly. I want Clark's overall story to be great in the season, but for at least a few episodes, I don't care if they focus on him. I just want to be entertained, and this will do it.

Comment

We could see the writers depict a Legion flashback that retroactively shows clark in the suit which would reflect their history and clark's future. By doing this, it would not violate the edicts of the show, but allow the fans to see what 'could' be!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎