No announcement yet.

Iron Man (2008)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Man (2008)

Well it seems Iron Man finally has the green light XD and since it's John Favreau directing it we don't have to worry about the movie being 90% CGI ^^ Seems there's a good possibility that Tom Cruise will be the one to play Tony/Iron Man.

I'm not a huge fan of Marvel comic books but I do LOVE their movies so I can't wait for this.

here's the article

Favreau steaming up Iron Man
    Posted by Clint Morris on April 28, 2006
    Possibly the best news of the week – next to the news that Jenna Jameson has offered to clean out my cat’s litter tray this weekend – has to do with Swinging’ Jon Favreau being tapped to steer Tony Stark’s first big-screen jaunt.

Favreau, hot off the moderately successful “Zathura”, has signed on the carbon contract to direct “Iron Man”, the long-awaited film adaptation of the Marvel comic (at one stage set to star - or at least he was keen to star – Tom Cruise).

Apparently “John Carter of Mars”, which Favreau was set to helm, has fallen though because of Paramount’s commitment to that other space film series “Star Trek”, so a slot suddenly opened up in his schedule. I’d say it’s worked out for the best – “Iron Man” is the kind of film that could earn a filmmaker some sparkly gold teeth.

Arthur Marcum and Matt Holloway ("Convoy") will write the film, which was originally set up at New Line with Nick Cassavettes (“The Notebook”) directing.

Marvel’s Avi Arad has been keen to work with Favreau, ever since they met on the set of FOX’s “Daredevil”, a few years back, in which the former played Froggy Nelson in.

In the comic, Iron Man's real identity is that of billionaire industrialist Tony Stark, who develops an armored suit that lets him fly and shoot "repulsor rays." The comic debuted in the 1960s, and Iron Man's origin involved Stark being a prisoner of the Viet Cong. The comic evolved into Stark fighting spies, both political and industrial, while also battling alcoholism.

Favreau tells The Hollywood Reporter that he’s going to try and steer from using too much CGI in the movie. "I've always been very reticent to use CGI to the extent that it has been used by other filmmakers. I think that now, through motion-capture and the integration of miniatures with CGI, like in 'King Kong,' I'm starting to be a lot more convinced by what the technology can do. But the idea of using CGI and relying solely on that to tell your story, those days are past. I think that integrating practical filmmaking and augmenting it with CGI is the key to making it an emotionally involved story."

Among Marvel’s other upcoming films are “Hulk 2”, being written by Zak Penn (“X3”), David Self’s “Captain America”, “Ant Man” from writer/director Edgar Wright, the Mark Protosevich penned “Thor”, and “Nick Fury”.

oh and sorry if there's a thread on this movie already but I checked a few pages and didn't notice one

I'd like Leo DiCaprio as Tony Stark. That's what I heard awhile ago.

Comment

I don't like Tom Cruise very much, but he would be a good Tony Stark. I could see him playing that role. I suppose if he wants it and Favreau is alright with it, Cruise has got a shot.

Comment

The only thing I'm unsure about with Tom Cruise playing Tony Stark is how he would look with a light moustache/goatee. I just can't see that looking good because every time I try to imagine it in my mind he looks funny lol

Is there anyone good with photoshop that can throw the current version of Tony Stark's facial hair on a picture of Cruise? XD

Comment

In my head, I can see Tom Cruise playing Tony Stark. I'd like to see that very much, actually.

Comment

hmm maybe he will look fine with the facial hair. I'm just so used to him clean cut. Here is a picture I founc of him with a heavy 5:00 shadow

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMilPxlNEei0BTqSjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=122umqj8e/EXP=1146427343/**http%3a//christianspoo.com/people/cruise_tom.jpg[/IMG]

a little more wouldn't be bad

hmm can't post pictures anymore?

Comment

How big are the chances we´ll hear the song "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath in the movie or at least in a teaser trailer?

Comment

Iron Man (ironmanmovie)'s profile on Myspace, the place where people come to connect, discover, and share.

Recently named as the director of the upcoming Iron Man film, Jon Favreau has taken it to the people. The filmmaker has created a MySpace group in order to gather fan ideas and input about Iron Man, and what they would like to see in the film.

Currently, there are five topics of discussion, including “Tony Stark Casting” started by Favreau when he asked who fans would like to see (as well as who they would not like to see cast) as the hero, a forum devoted to whether or not Stark should have a goatee or moustache, calls for James Caviezel and Oded Fehr to play Stark, and, of course, a negative forum, started by a fan who hopes the film gets mired in development hell.

The group can be found here: http://groups.myspace.com/ironmanmovie

Comment

Ugh. i do't want Cruise to play Tony. I am so sick of his face. Dicaprio?? I don't know about that one. Maybe whats his name...I know that doesn' t help much. But it is the guy that was in Ocean's 11, and The talented Mr. Ripley....God what is his name!! Matt Damon!!! Ha! I knew it all along. Ummmm....maybe not him either now that I think about it. Who else would be good?

Comment

I think Peter Gallagher would´ve made a decent Tony Stark if he´d done it ten years ago, but now when he´s over 50 I´m not sure if they´d want him.

Plz, let it not be Tom "My Sanity´s On A" Cruise. (You liked that? I came up with it myself). Even if he´d do a good job as an actor, his private life is waaaay too distracting by now.

Hold on, what´s Michael T. Weiss doing nowadays? You know, the guy who played Jarod on The Pretender?

Comment

please no tom Cruiz, he plays the same chacter in like everyother movie. no range at all.

Comment

From a recent interview with MTV, Jon Favreau said that he wants an unknown for the Iron Man role. Looks like no Tom Cruise! Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by k18
                          From a recent interview with MTV, Jon Favreau said that he wants an unknown for the Iron Man role. Looks like no Tom Cruise! Yay!
                          Iron Man is one of those films that has the potential to be the most phenomenally fun film ever or a complete and total dud. It has that kind of range in my eyes. I'd really love to see a great Iron Man movie, though. If you can't get excited about that, you don't have a pulse.

It's also interesting that Iron Man will be fully funded by Marvel. Theoretically, that should ensure strict adherence to canon. Could be a really revolutionary film as far as that is concerned.

Comment

ohh how much i would love to be iron man...if only they would have casting calls here

Comment

Sweet. That's cool to hear that Marvel's going to finance it. You always take a risk with the comic movies and having some director who's not a fan put "his" vision of it on film. Hopefully we'll get closer to Spiderman or X-men and less like Fantastic Four and Daredevil.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎