Wonder Woman meets Clark (Red-K)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Woman meets Clark (Red-K)

A/N: This story is complete.

I wrote it back in season 5, but this specific story is set a few years after then. (Around 2010 onwards.) So, it's basically AU at this point. (Some things may mesh with the current SV continuity, but it's not because I tried. It would just be a coincidence.)

So, basically, Lois never dated Oliver. Lana and Lex never got married and had a fake baby crisis. Lana & Clark never dated post-secret. And Chloe didn't date Jimmy Olsen & she's not a meteor freak.

Clark, Lois, Lana and Chloe are, at this point, in college at Metropolis University. This fic has also been posted at another site under the name "Undercover at Metropolis University".

Disclaimer: Don't own any of it ... anything at all for that matter. I'm broke, so please don't sue me.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter One:

A small town in Kansas...

The dark-haired woman knelt down beside the body near the ditch. Taking care not the disturb anything; she picked up the wallet near the victim’s lifeless hand. She opened it and saw the driver’s license. Her mouth turned down in a frown of dismay and grief. Maddie Williams – she had been twenty-one years old. Only four years younger than she herself was. The poor girl had her whole life in front of her and it had been snatched away by a madman. A madman she was determined to bring to justice.

“Well, Agent Prince? Are you all done with your stuff, yet?” The local sheriff’s gruff voice broke into her thoughts. She looked up at short, rotund man bursting out of his brown uniform. She stood and, pulling herself to her full height, looked down at him with frustrated blue eyes.

“Sheriff Wilkins. I thought we asked you and your team to let us handle this. From this point on, this is a federal investigation.” The authority was clear in her voice and she waved her hand in dismissal.

Sherriff Wilkins looked up at the beautiful, cold FBI agent and swallowed nervously. He didn’t know what to do. Things like this never happened in Cherry Hills, Kansas. This was the first murder they had seen in twenty years and, hopefully, it would be the last. “Ah, yes, Agent Prince. It’s just that – well…” he gulped as the full force of her gaze narrowed in on his flushed face. He began sweating even more profusely. “It’s just that the mayor has asked me to speed up the process. For the family - they want to bury her, you see.”

Agent Prince’s gaze softened a bit and she stepped back from the small man, giving him more breathing space. “I understand, Sheriff Wilkins. And believe me when I say that it is not my intention – or the FBI’s for that matter – to make this harder on the family.” She paused and looked down at the nude body lying on the dirt, posed in an awkward angle. “But, we have to let my team finish their investigation. Not only for Maddie’s sake, but also for the sake of the other three victims this man has killed before her.”

Christine Gardiner, her partner, strode up to the pair and interrupted the conversation, “Diana, get a load of this.” She held up a card in her gloved hand and Diane grabbed it from her to inspect it more closely.

“It’s a Met U. card,” Diana said slowly, feeling her heart beat faster with excitement as she gazed down at the student ID.

“Yup,” Chris nodded with satisfaction. “It’s him, Diana. It’s gotta be. She’s the fourth one from that school.”

Glancing at the sheriff, who was listening to this whole conversation with a very interested, alert expression on his face, Diana cleared her throat and signaled to her partner to stop talking. Chris followed Diana’s gaze and nodded slightly to acknowledge that she got the message.

She waited until they were in their car, heading back to the motel to finish the thought.

“So, you agree?” Chris finally said, when she felt they had gotten far enough away from the Cherry Hills police department to talk freely.

“Yes,” Diana nodded. “I was thinking the same thing, even before you found the ID. It has to be him. He picks a girl from a small Kansas town that’s going to Met U. Kills her and then dumps her body back in her hometown.” She flipped open the notes in the binder on her lap and went through the pages. It wasn’t needed – Diana had memorized the information in them long ago. But, she liked the feel of the pages and looking at the faces of the victims reminded her why she was doing all this.

“It’s very odd. So many questions,” Diana murmured, as she perused her notes. “Why does he kill them in Metropolis and then bring back to their hometown? Why not just leave them there? What’s with the small town thing? Why does he only pick people from Kansas? I wish I could tell what he was thinking.”

Christine burst out laughing and Diana raised a perfectly arched brow. “What’s so funny?”

“I don’t know…it’s just funny when you say stuff like that.” Christine gazed at her partner out of the corner her eye briefly and then turned her attention on the dirt road. “I mean, with all your powers and stuff, I find it funny when you – Ms. Wonder Woman – get all helpless.”

Diana shot Chris an angry look. “You won’t think it’s funny when we find another girl in a ditch, Chris.”

Immediately, Christine sobered up and said in a defensive and slightly hurt voice, “Jesus, that’s not what I meant, Diana. I was not, in any way, trying to minimize the tragedy here, okay? I was just saying that it’s odd to watch you do things the old fashioned way – detective work, instead of just doing your thing and getting the guy. Gotta say,” her usual disarming grin crept back up, “it’s nice to see you be human once in awhile – like the rest of us mere mortals.”

Diana looked at Chris, the retort dying at her lips as the wheels began turning in her mind. “That’s it, Chris! That’s why I can’t find this guy. I’m not thinking like him – not thinking like a mere mortal.”

“Uh, what does that mean?” Christine looked at Diana with curiosity in her hazel eyes.

“That means that we’re going to Met U.” Diana said with a decisive nod of her head. “I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before. I shouldn’t go to him. He should come to me. I’m going to be his next victim.”

Christine’s jaw dropped in surprise. “You wanna go undercover? At Metropolis University? Pretending to be college student?” Christine burst out laughing again, ignored the glare her partner was shooting her way. “That’s hilarious. And won’t work – this guy goes for small town chicks born and bred in Kansas. You’re an Amazonian princess, sweetie. He won’t go for you.”

Diana nodded. “Yes, that’s true - however….” She raised a brow archly and smiled a mischievous smile. “Since I’ve effectively convinced the US Government that I was born in New York, then I don’t think getting past the Met U. admissions office is going to be that difficult.”

“One of these days, you have to tell me how you did that.” Christine sighed. “Okay, fine, I’ll help you go undercover as a coed.” She scowled at the beautiful woman sitting next to her. “God knows you’re gonna need my help. I mean, just look at you.”

Diana glanced down at the black tailored suit she was wearing. “Why, what’s wrong with me?”

Christine snorted. “You don’t look anything like a college student. You look like the president of a bank, for God’s sake. Or a teacher.”

“That’s because I spend most of my time wearing blue underwear and a halter top,” Diana reminded her friend with flushed cheeks. “It makes it easier to separate the two identities.”

Christine slid a sardonic glance at her friend. “Well, it’s time for the two identities to meet each other. At least a little. We gotta get you to look hot if you want this guy to seek you out.” She smiled as she pulled into the parking lot of mall, giving Diana look full of glee. “And that means…. we get to go shopping.”

Diana groaned.

Two days later in a small apartment near Metropolis University…

“Hell, no! It’s way too dangerous,” Clark stood against the wall, his arms crossed stubbornly at his chest. He glanced from Chloe to Lana and wondered how he got himself into these situations.

“It is not – not for us, anyway.” Chloe shot back, looking towards Lana for support.

“Lana, tell her she’s out of her mind.” Clark looked at Lana pointedly, obviously waiting for her to speak up and tell Chloe she was insane.

Lana cleared her throat and avoided Clark’s gaze. “Actually, I agree with Chloe.”

“What?”

“Clark, try to understand,” she finally looked up at him with pleading eyes. Clark was staring at her with shock. “Maddie was a good friend of mine. A really good friend. I have to help find out what happened to her. I can’t just let it slide, when I know we can help. What’s the point of you having powers if we can’t help people we care about?”

Clark let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his black hair in frustration. He gazed down at his petite friend with a concerned and tender look on his face. Even though he and Lana had stopped dating long ago, he still considered a very close friend and would do anything for her. Well, anything that didn’t involve getting her and Chloe killed, of course.

Chloe sensed that Clark was beginning to weaken. Typical – she spoke reason and he argued. Lana looked at him with big, brown puppy eyes and he melted. She sighed – there was nothing she could do about it. Except, maybe, use it to her advantage. Chloe made a mental note to use Lana to convince Clark to do things more often.

“Look,” Chloe said briskly, “I’ve got it figured out. Maddie told Lana that the guy she was seeing was part of this special fraternity. This fraternity apparently meets in the basement of this private club – you need a password to get into their parties. The only people allowed in are the members of the fraternity and the girls they invite.”

“That’s the last time I saw Maddie,” Lana interrupted. “She was getting ready for the party.”

“So, do you know where it is? And who’s in this fraternity?” Clark asked, with a raised brow, finally letting his curiosity get the better of him.

“No,” Lana admitted sadly. “Here’s the thing – Maddie had a big mouth when it came to this stuff. She wasn’t even supposed to tell me that much. But she was so excited she couldn’t keep quiet about it. We’re lucky we have even that much info.”

Clark stretched himself out on Lana’s bed and hooked his hands behind his head. Staring at the ceiling for second, he contemplated what they were suggesting and frowned. “I don’t know. Even with me backing you guys up, it’s still too dangerous. We should just let the police do their job.”

“What’s too dangerous and who’s stopping the police from doing their job?” Lois breezed into the room and tossed her backpack on Chloe’s bed. She looked at her friends with curiosity and opened the mini-fridge to grab a soda.

Clark flushed and sat up. He felt the odd lurch in his stomach that always when Lois entered the room. He kept a tight rein on himself and made sure his face didn’t betray his emotions. He’d already been though that once with Lana. Clark had learned long ago that it was best not to wear your heart on your sleeve when you had feelings for someone. And, unfortunately, it appeared that he was beginning to have feelings for Lois Lane.

He wasn’t going to make the same mistakes with Lois that he’d made with Lana. Actually, at this rate, he wasn’t going to be making any mistakes with Lois at all, since she never looked at him as anything but a friend. And, he had not intention of forcing her to see him otherwise. He also had no intention of letting another person know his secret, and that made it even more impossible for him to pursue her.

“Nothing, Lois,” he finally answered. “We were just talking about an article Chloe’s working on.”

Chloe and Lana gave Clark an odd look. He pretended not to notice it, but Lois did.

“What article? I didn’t see Perry give you an assignment.” Lois took a sip of the soda and her eyes narrowed as she contemplated them suspiciously. “Are you guys hiding something from me? Smallville, spill it.” She glared at Clark and he looked away.

Chloe rolled her eyes. “Clark, there is no way we can hide this from Lois Lane. If there is anyone more nosy than me, it’s my cousin.” She turned her attention to Lois, “we’re coming up with a plan, Lo, to find who killed Maddie and the other girls.”

Lois considered that announcement for a moment. She cast a look at Lana, “ah, you’re in on this, too?”

Lana flushed. “Of course I am. It was my idea, actually. Maddie was a good friend of mine.”

“Oh, I see. I’m sorry.” Lois nodded thoughtfully and took a sip of the drink. A moment later she declared, “okay, well, count me in, girls.” She nodded to include Clark in the term. He scowled back at her.

Lana smiled a bit at the familiar exchange. “Thanks, Lois. We were pretty sure we could count on you. We already know what you’re going to do.” She started outlining their plan to Lois.

Clark picked up Chloe’s journalism text-book and focused on the blue cover while Lana and Lois talked things through. He was finding it very hard not to stare at Lois and that wasn’t something he wanted to do with Chloe in the room. That girl was way too observant.

“….and that’s all you have to do.” Lana finished summarizing the plan.

“Hhhmm,” Lois sat down and her mind worked through everything Lana had said. She shook her head decisively. “It’s not going to work.”

“Why not?” Chloe asked.

“Because there is no way that Smallville here can get into a secret fraternity.” Lois pointed out, her hands indicating towards a plaid and jeans wearing Clark.

Clark’s head shot up in surprise and he raised his brow. “What does that mean?” He prepared himself for an insult. He wasn’t disappointed.

She smirked. “For one thing, you need to be a massive hottie to get into one and for another, it would require Smallville to lie.” Lois cast a meaningful look at Lana and Chloe. “We all know he sucks at that.”

Clark rolled his eyes but kept quiet.

Lana and Chloe exchanged a glance. They were both aware that Clark was a lot better at lying that most people believed at first glance. And as far as the hotness factor was concerned…. Well, they had a secret weapon for that. All they needed was for Lois to leave so they could convince Clark about it in private. Lois definitely did not need to know that part of the plan.

“You leave that to us, Lois,” Chloe said, ignoring the questioning look Clark threw her way. “We’ll figure out a way to make him so hot that those guys will be begging him to join.”

Clark looked wounded as Lois laughed. “Excuse me, I’m sitting right here. I can always leave and let you guys do this alone, you know.”

“No, don’t go, Clark,” Lana said quickly, “sorry.” She shot Chloe and Lois a quelling look as the two tried to stifle their giggles at Clark’s hurt expression.

Chloe got herself under control first. “Look, Lois, could you just go take care of your end? We’ll work on turning Clark into a hottie in the mean time, okay?” Chloe shooed her cousin out the door, while Lois protested on not getting to be in on the Smallville makeover.

When Lois had finally left, Chloe shut the door tightly and closed all the windows. Lana reached under Chloe’s bed and dug out a shoe box. Clark watched all of this with an uneasy expression on his face. He x-rayed the box in Lana’s hands and saw that it was filled with papers and various things from Smallville High. He also saw that a smaller box was inside the shoe box. He zeroed in on the smaller box and focused his vision on what was inside. Clark winced when he realized what it was. It was one of their class rings. He stopped ex-raying and looked at his two friends.

“Are you guys crazy? That’s your plan?”
    Last edited by eas; 11-29-2007, 07:26 AM.

Great,I like it good job PPMS.

Comment

More please!

Comment

Of course you should continue. i was actually thinking of doing something like this but not now. You go right ahead ma'am

Comment

Thank you! You guys are sweet. Um, if there's anything that's not right about it... let me know. I don't know if I'm being too descriptive, etc. First foray into "fan fiction."

Note: I don't use 'Kal' when talking about Clark on Red-K. I just Clark because I figure that since he's so against his Kryptonian heritage, he'll just embrace his dark side using the name Clark. (Also, I know a guy named Kal & I detest him... so I couldn't use the name without getting willies. )

BTW-- this is PG-13.

Chapter Two:

“Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea!” Lana yelled, trying to be heard over the pounding beat of the music at the club.

Chloe shook her head and grabbed Lana’s hand, moving them to a quieter corner. She stopped and took an anxious sip of her drink. Chloe stared at the tall man across the room, talking to a petite, blonde girl. Devastatingly handsome in his tight black t-shirt and dark blue jeans, he was easily the best looking man in the club. Something that hadn’t escaped anybody’s notice – every once in awhile a girl would brush up against him and he’d look down to give them a wicked grin or wink. He didn’t even glance in either Lana or Chloe’s direction.

“God, it’s been like this for the past two nights. How the hell are we going to get him to focus? He’s supposed to be helping with this investigation – not causing more problems.” Chloe groaned.

“Why didn’t you tell me that Clark is impossible to control when he’s on Red-K?” Lana glared at her friend accusingly and then at directed the hostility towards Clark. He was oblivious as he went onto the dance floor with two girls in tow.

“Nothing’s going to happen, you said.” Lana reminded Chloe. “He’s been on it before with no problems, you said. He can take the ring off at any time… is this sounding familiar to you? Does that,” Lana gestured towards Clark, “look like a guy that’s about to take off the ring? Or listen to anything we say? He’s been avoiding us ever since he put that thing on. At this rate, we’re never going to figure out what happened to Maddie.”

“Forget Maddie, Lana.” Chloe contemplated Clark’s behavior with a worried frown. “At this rate, we’re not going to be able to get Clark to take the ring off. He’s having too much fun.” Chloe paused and looked at Lana with a guilty expression. “You’re right – this was a bad plan. He could hurt someone. We need to focus on getting him to become Clark again.”

“Well, let’s break out the kryptonite, then. That’s the plan, right? If he gets uncontrollable, I use the green stuff and you grab the ring.” Lana hand tightened on her glass and she took a deep gulp of the frothy pink drink. Even though she was wearing a tank top, it was still hot in the jam packed room.

“The thing is, Lana, he’s a lot more powerful than that. I don’t know if it’ll work. I’d forgotten how incredibly,” Chloe paused, searching for the right word, and then continued, “stubborn and… well… MEAN he can be. The normal Clark is nothing like that, so I just didn’t realize that…” her voice trailed off.

“That this wasn’t going to be so simple?” Lana finished for her.

Chloe nodded, feeling miserable and guilty. This is what happened when she chased a story – common sense apparently went out the window.

Sensing her friend’s guilt, Lana relented. She threw her arm around Chloe and gave her a quick hug. “It’s okay, Chlo. We’ll figure something out. We always do.”

“Yeah, of course, we do.” Chloe didn’t look convinced, but gave Lana a watery smile, anyway. “I guess. If we survived the weirdness of Smallville for decades, then we should be able to figure this out.”

“Look,” Lana said with a determined expression on her face, “we just have to get a hold of him and pull out the green rock. We need to get him alone.” She looked across the room to the corner where Clark was holding court on the dance floor, surrounded by a bevy of sexy women. Lana’s dainty nose wrinkled in distaste. “It might be hard to get him away from his fan club. But, we have to try.”

Chloe shook her head and groaned in frustration. “We’ve tried that, Lana. He knows what we’re up to—he’s never going to be caught alone with us. That’s why he’s been avoiding us.”

“Oh, really? Because I thought it was the fact that we’re ‘buzz-kill’ and ‘prudes’?” Lana repeated Clark’s words with amusement.

“Well, that, too.” Chloe laughed. “C’mon, let’s try to find Lois and see if she can corner him. Maybe she can get him alone and we can work with that.” She made a face. “Lois doesn’t know about his ‘allergies’ so he probably won’t run from her.”

Clark watched Chloe and Lana move away from the bar, and breathed a small sigh of relief. Maybe they were finally giving up. The two had been on his case to stop and think about the investigation. As if he had time to waste with a bunch of stupid jocks and their secret club. He was having too much fun flying solo. He grinned at the thought. Why couldn’t the two of them understand that? While there was a part of him that knew that it was all because of the ring – the majority of him didn’t give a damn. He was ready to loosen up – the normal Clark Kent was way too uptight. He always put other people first – it was time to think about himself for a change.

The song ended and he glanced down at the vapid blonde clinging to his arm… she was stroking his chest with one hand and looking at Clark with a blatant invitation in her eyes. For some reason, it annoyed him. He felt strange and wanted a challenge. Not some piece of meat that was ready to jump him in public. Clark smirked – he had more class than that.

“Hey, Smallville! Wanna dance?” A voice broke into his thoughts. His heart started beating faster and he unceremoniously pushed the blonde girl away. He turned slowly and looked down at Lois Lane. Her hazel eyes were sparkling with amusement and her beautiful lips were smiling.

“I don’t know, sweetheart. Are you talking to me?” Clark flashed her a wicked smile as he checked her out. He didn’t even try to hide the desire in his eyes as he let his gaze wander down her body. A nice body – decked out in a white sparkly shirt and a short black skirt. Her long legs were perfect – he noticed that she was wearing strappy, black high heels and her nails were painted a wicked deep red. For some reason, that fascinated him.

“Of course I’m talking to you, Smallville!” Lois said in an exasperated tone. His eyes jerked up and he saw that her face was flushed and she looked slightly flustered. Of course, being Lois Lane, she quickly recovered herself and made a show of looking around the crowded club. “Do we see any other Smallvilles around here? I do believe you’re the only one.”

Clark’s arm snaked around her slim waist and he pulled her flush against his body, before she even had time to let out a sound of protest. “You know, Lois, I don’t really think there’s anything ‘small’ about me,” he said smoothly, while his free hand played with the ends of her long hair. His voice was soft and silky like velvet. “Wouldn’t you agree? Maybe it’s time we find a new nickname?” He looked down at her with amusement as she futilely tried to get out of his grasp, liking the feel of her body moving against him.

Lois stopped struggling once she realized that Clark’s arm was like steel. No matter how much she moved, it made no difference – his arm didn’t budge. And, furthermore, he wasn’t breaking a sweat. She looked up at him and her eyes narrowed. Far from looking like this was requiring any effort, he looked amused – and faintly bored. Lois felt a surge of anger at the cavalier way in which he was treating her. Clark was acting like a first class jerk and while she could deal with jerks – after all, she did all the time – for some reason it was really pissing her off that Clark Kent was acting like one. For God’s sake, it went against the laws of nature. The sun rose in the morning, Lois Lane kicked butt and Clark Kent was nice – that’s the just the way it was.

She looked up at him and Lois caught her breath as she gazed up at his handsome face. He was smiling wickedly and his beautiful blue-green eyes were staring at her so intently she felt hot. She swallowed and stared up at him for a full moment before she realized what she was doing. She made a face and frowned at him.

“Maybe we should stick to the other one, then,” Lois finally suggested, through gritted teeth. “Farm boy….Or maybe I should start calling you Plaidman or something.”

Clark almost laughed. He had to hand it to her. Most girls would have freaked out by now. Not Lois – she had to continue baiting him. He loosened his hold and she instinctively moved a few steps back. This time he didn’t hold it back – he let out a mocking laugh.

Lois flushed at the sound of his laugh. “Listen, Sma—I mean, Clark. You’re obviously taking this whole ‘undercover’ thing way too seriously. You do realize that since I know you, you can drop the act – I already know you’re a dork.”

Clark lifted a brow, not bothered by her insults. “Really? Hhmm, that’s interesting. Did you ever consider, Lois,” Clark moved forward and closed the distance between them, “that this may be the real Clark? That the other one is the act?” He knew she was nervous – a mere mortal wouldn’t have known, but he could her heart beating faster. She was hiding it well.

“No, Clark, I didn’t consider that,” Lois looked really annoyed now. He stopped smiling. “I know this isn’t you. I’ve lived with you, remember? I’ve known you for awhile. This…” she gestured towards his clothes, “is not you. I’m not sure what Chloe and Lana did to you, but we’re going to fix it.” Lois grabbed a hold of his arm. “C’mon, let’s go outside to talk.”

Clark shook her hand off and he looked past her, avoiding her earnest gaze. His eyes landed on a gorgeous woman leaning back against the bar. She was undoubtedly the most beautiful woman in the room. Distracted, he said, “Nice try, Lois. See you around – I see someone more… fun.” He moved past a sputtering Lois and didn’t hear her yell, “Hey, don’t walk away from me. Clark Joseph Kent, I was talking to you!”

His eyes were on the black-haired woman across the room. He saw that she was watching him closely but she didn’t make a move to get closer to him. She waited for him to walk to her. As he got closer, he slowed down, taking in her outfit. She was wearing a red halter top, with a short dark blue skirt. Her legs were miles long and were encased in knee-high red boots. She wore heavy gold bracelets on her wrists. When he was right in front of her, he noticed that her lips were a deep red and her eyes were like dark sapphires, fringed with long, black eyelashes. He had been wrong – she wasn’t just the most beautiful woman in the room. She was the most beautiful woman he’d ever met. She didn’t bother to move as he stepped closer to her. Looking faintly bored, she gave him a quizzical look.

“So, you’ve been waiting for me, huh?” Clark asked, fascinated by the beauty.

“Waiting for you? I don’t even know you.” Her voice was husky and soft.

He leaned in closer to her, expecting her to pull back. Instead, she straightened and brought herself to her full height. Clark’s eyes widened in surprise when he saw that she was at his eye level. They were the same height. Involuntarily, his eyes went down to her shoes and he saw that she was wearing heels. So, she was a bit shorter than him – but that still made her the tallest woman he’d ever met. She was at least six feet.

Clark found that he was a bit unsettled by that. Unbidden, an image of Lois floated through his mind. Now, Lois was the perfect height – not too short, like Lana. Or too tall like this woman. He frowned – why was he thinking of Lois Lane when this beautiful creature was in front of him? He banished thoughts of the annoying brunette from his mind and focused on the mysterious woman.

“Well, let’s take care of that, shall we? I’m Clark… and you are the most beautiful woman in this place. But, what’s your name?” Clark gave her a wicked grin.

“I’m Diana,” she replied, but didn’t return his smile. She looked at him curiously. “Are you always this… well… subtle… Clark?”

He let out a laugh. “Not always, no. Something’s gotten into me tonight, I guess.” He glanced down at the ring on his right hand. “Maybe we can explore my… subtleties… somewhere private?”

She bit her lip. For a second, it seemed to Clark like she was trying hard not to laugh. He frowned – that didn’t make sense. Before he could ask, she responded, with a serious look, “Ah… that seems fine. Why don’t we go back to your place?” She slid her arm around his waist and tugged at him lightly. He didn’t move and continued to examine her with a frown on his face. Something didn’t seem right.

Startled, Diana stared at the young man next to her. She’d tugged at him – and he hadn’t moved. Tentatively, she tugged a bit harder. Again, he was hard as rock. She pulled at him with a bit more strength, and he didn’t budge. She frowned - if she had pulled at any normal human with that level of pressure, they would have gone flying. She considered forcing him to move, but decided she didn’t want to push it. It wasn’t the time or the place.

Diana let her arm slide away from him and took a step back. She looked into his blue-green eyes warily, all of her senses on high alert. She didn’t make a move to touch him - she didn’t want to fight him without knowing his full strength. And, she couldn’t fight him in such a public place. Innocent people might get hurt.

“Why do you look so surprised?” Clark asked her suspiciously.

Diana quickly plastered the “vapid bimbo girl” smile on her face that Christine had forced her to practice in front of the mirror. “I’m just surprised that you’re taking so long to leave.” She placed her hand on his muscular arm and batted her eyelashes, all while cringing inside. “Let’s go to your place, Clark. Show me your… subtleties.” She breathed the last word in a hushed whisper, hoping she sounded like a flirty college girl.

It was all lost on him. Clark had stopped looking at her and was instead focused on the side of the room. She followed his gaze and saw that he was watching three young women in the corner. They were talking to each other and gesturing towards Clark with worried expressions on their faces.

He looked back at her with a grim expression. “Sure, let’s go.” Before Diana could even blink, he grabbed her hand and pulled her through the crush of people towards the exit.
          Last edited by eas; 03-21-2006, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Fantastic. I've always loved reading about Lois, Clark and Wonder Woman. Please, more, soon.

Comment

it's better and trust me your first trip into fanfiction was better than mine but hey I'm still writing too. And feel free to check out my stories.

Comment

Certainly nothing wrong with your writing. The descriptions make al the better.

Comment

More please!

Comment

Chapter Three:

“Okay, what’d you do to him?” Lois said. She’d finally been able to get Chloe and Lana to stay still for a moment to interrogate them on Clark’s attitude.

The two friends avoided Lois’s gaze, looking everywhere but at the taller woman glaring at them.

“We didn’t do anything, Lo…. He’s just acting. Doing his part for the investigation.” Chloe finally said.

Lois shook her head. “There is no way you didn’t give him something. Smallville is not that good of an actor. He hit on me, Chloe. Me!! Do you honestly think Clark would have done that if he was in his right mind?”

“Um, seriously? Well, I don’t know….” Chloe smiled a bit.

Lana, who’d been looking for Clark throughout this exchange, suddenly grabbed a hold of Chloe’s arm. With her other hand she gestured towards the side of the room. “There he is, Chloe. Talking to that girl. We have to get him away from her and out of here. NOW.”

Lois turned just in time to see Clark leaning in closer to a tall, dark-haired woman. The two of them formed a very striking picture. Lois scowled and tried to stop the jealousy that flared up in her at the sight.

“Whoa,” Chloe exclaimed, “Who’s that? She makes Angelina Jolie look like the ugly stepsister.”

Lana nodded in agreement.

“Not really,” Lois scoffed. “She’s way too tall… almost masculine, if you think about it. And what’s with all the gold jewelry? One woman does not need to wear that many bracelets. And the boots? Please.”

Chloe and Lana exchanged a knowing look and grinned. Lois and Clark’s not-so-secret crush on each other was a huge source amusement for everyone who knew them.

Lana cleared her throat. “Yeah, sure, Lois - she’s not good looking at all.” She gave Lois a sympathetic smile– Lana understood where Lois was coming from. If she had caught her boyfriend, Victor, talking to that woman, Lana was sure that she’d be pretty jealous, too.

Lois didn’t respond and just kept staring at Clark. Suddenly, Clark turned towards them and looked right at Lois. She held his gaze until he turned away abruptly, and she saw him say something to the woman, grab her hand and head towards the door. The woman looked surprised, but seemed to have no problem keeping up with him.

“Looks like your prey is getting away, girls.” Lois said dryly
                    “Let’s go, Lana.” Chloe pushed her way to door, but had some problems getting through the group of people blocking the exit. Lana and Lois hurried to catch up. They finally made their way out into the cool night and looked around. Clark was nowhere to be seen.

Chloe let out a frustrated groan. “Great. We’ve lost him. And he’s with some girl. There is no telling what’s going to happen. We have to find him.”

“What? How are we going to do that? He could be anywhere. Like, literally, anywhere.” Lana reminded Chloe.

Lois looked confused and frowned. “Well, it shouldn’t be too hard. He can’t have gone far. We were just a few minutes behind him.”

Chloe and Lana didn’t bother to answer. They couldn’t very tell her that in Clark terms “not very far” could mean anywhere from downtown Metropolis to the Himalayas.

Lois considered it for a moment. “I know where he went.”

“Really?” Chloe raised her brow.

“Think about it. Whatever you guys did to him – and I know you guys did something to him, so don’t bother denying it - has turned him into a weird, horny rat, right? Essentially, the epitome of a normal college guy.” Lois took in their blank expressions and explained patiently, “So, it’s obvious. He’s going to do what any normal college guy would do – he’s going to take her back to his place.”

“I don’t know…” Lana paused, trying to imagine Clark taking the woman back to his tiny apartment in downtown Metropolis.

“I think she’s right, Lana.” Chloe turned to Lois. “Okay, Lo, here’s what going to happen. You are going to go back in there so you don’t get fired. We need you to keep that job, remember? All part of the plan? Lana and I will go Clark’s apartment.”

“Wait, I thought we’re putting the ‘Maddie plan’ on hold? Shouldn’t we get Clark normal first? I’ll come with you.” Lois replied.

“No!” Chloe almost yelled. She calmed down a bit and tried to explain. “No…no…we’re definitely not giving up on the Maddie thing. This is just a little detour.”

“Yeah, Lois.” Lana pushed Lois back towards the entrance. “Chloe and I will focus on Clark and you focus on getting invited to work the party.”

“OK.” Lois looked unconvinced, but allowed herself to be ushered back into the club.

Chloe and Lana breathed a sigh of relief once she was out of sight.

“I think we may need to get Victor in on this, Lana.”

Lana eyes widened in alarm. “No way, Chloe! He’s going to be so mad if he finds out we put Clark on Red K. He made me swear I wouldn’t pursue the Maddie thing. We can’t tell him.”

“But he’s the only one we know that’s strong enough to go up against Red K Clark.” Chloe pointed out.

Lana sighed. “I don’t know about, Chloe. Victor’s just really strong and fast. But Clark’s got heat vision and stuff. They’ve never fought each other, but there’s a huge chance that Clark would end up killing him. I’m not getting him involved in this. We just have to figure it out ourselves.” Lana rolled her eyes. “Besides, I’m sick of being the girl that has her boyfriend constantly saving her. I should be able to some things without his help.”

“Lana, no offense, but this not the time to be developing pride. I mean, if Clark can hurt a guy that’s part machine then I don’t even want to think about what he’s going to do to us.”

“Look, let’s just find him and try to reason with him. Use kryptonite… whatever. If it turns out we can’t handle it, I promise I’ll pick up my cell and call Victor, okay?”

It was Chloe’s turn to sigh and roll her eyes. “Okay, but let’s just hope your fingers are still functional by that point.”
                    Last edited by eas; 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Yay you updated !!

Nice chapter. No strike that , very nice chapter

Comment

Chapter Four:

“Hey, slow down, Flash. What’s your hurry?” Diana quickened her pace to keep up with Clark’s longer legs. They’d made it down two blocks in less than thirty seconds. They were in a deserted alley in a seedy part of town. What was he running from?

Clark stopped so abruptly that Diana almost crashed into him. He turned around and said, “What did you just say?”

“What’s your hurry?” Diana repeated, confused by the expression on his face.

“No,” he said slowly. He was still holding on to her left hand, and he tightened the grip just a bit. “Before that. Did you just call me Flash?”

Diana looked perplexed. “Ah, yeah, I guess I did.” She tried to pull away from him, but he held her hand too tightly. She eyed him curiously. “Why? What difference does it make?”

“I’m not him.”

“Well, of course you’re not him. He’s much shorter than you.” Diana cocked her head to the side and studied the scowl on Clark’s face. “It’s just an expression, Clark. What - do people not use it in Metropolis?”

Clark ran his hand through hair in agitation. There was something about this woman that really bothered him. Of course, people used that expression a lot – even in Metropolis. Bart was based out of Central City, but he was still pretty famous outside of his hometown. Still, he felt like she meant something by that. Like she knew who he was – and the reference was not innocent at all.

“Well, I don’t like it – don’t compare me to that clown.”

“That clown?” Diana frowned. “He’s a hero. He puts his life on the line and saves people every day. And you’re calling him a clown?”

Clark shrugged and pretended to think for a moment. “Well, let’s see, sweetheart. A clown wears a costume and runs around… and people clap. The Flash wears a red body suit and runs around…and people clap.” Clark smirked, “I rest my case: he’s a clown. Maybe a fast one, but a clown, none the less.”

“He doesn’t put on a show for people,” Diana shot back. “He saves people’s lives. He’s a hero. What, you don’t believe in people being selfless and doing things for the greater good?”

“Let’s just say that I believe in doing things for Clark’s greater good.”

“Hhhmm,” Diana considered him for a moment. “So you’re saying that if you had the Flash’s abilities, you wouldn’t use them to help people? What would you do - ignore them?"

Clark started laughing. Little did she know…. Bart had actually been a thief back when they’d first met. Unfortunately, Bart had gotten all boring and good in the past year when he’d decided to become the Flash. Now all he could talk about was saving the world and making it a better place.

Clark cringed to think about the goody-goody two shoes he, himself, always was. Clark sighed… if only Clark could convince Bart that his old life was better. Probably not – Bart would be all responsible and try to take the ring away from him. So he’d probably just end up killing one of the few guy friends he actually had left. Clark just didn’t want to deal with the aggravation. Maybe he would go talk to Lex. Lex always had fun projects that involved lots of money. His eyes lit up at the thought of moving into Lex’s mansion.

“Well?” Diana’s eyes challenged him. “What would you do?”

“Well, sweetheart,” Clark grinned, “I’d -- ”

Suddenly, Clark felt a shooting pain behind his eyes and his head started pounding. “Aaaahhh!” Clark started to fall to the ground, unable to stand the intensity of it.

Instinctively, Diana grabbed a hold of him before he could hit the ground. She helped him sit down, kneeling beside him to support him. Clark grasped her arm with one hand, squeezing it tightly, and used the other massage his temple.

Diana waited until the pain had passed and his trembling had stopped before speaking. “What happened? What was that?”

Slowly, Clark opened his eyes and found himself looking into a pair of two very beautiful blue eyes – eyes that looked equal parts worried and suspicious.

“Nothing. I just suffer from migraines, that’s all.” The lie came easily. Clark wasn’t about to tell her that it was a side effect of the Red K.

She didn’t look like she believed him, but she helped him up. When they were finally standing again, and he had gotten full control of his breathing, he let her go. Just then, Clark realized that he’d been holding on to her pretty tightly. Diana’s bones should been crushed. He looked at her bare arm and saw that there wasn’t even a bruise.

Clark backed away from her a bit and his hands clenched at his side. It could mean only one of two things – either she was a meteor freak or she was Kryptonian. He was going to go with the latter, considering her height and bearing. It definitely fit with the odd vibes he’d been getting.

“Well, I’m glad you feel better.” Diana said cautiously, noticing the shift in his stance and mood.

“You can drop the act,” Clark replied, mentally preparing himself for a fight. “I know who you are and why you’re here.”
                        Last edited by eas; 03-16-2006, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Great update. Story geting better by the update ; )

Comment

Hey eas , just wondering when the next update is coming.

Honestly cant wait for Kal/WW confrontation.

Comment

Wonderful - I can't wait. More please.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎