No announcement yet.

Grimm (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grimm (NBC)

Totally going for the Supernatural audience... Fridays at 9PM on NBC.

Remember the fairy tales your parents used to tell you before bedtime? Well, those weren't stories, they were warnings.

Detective Nick Burkhardt thought he was ready for the grim reality of working homicide in Portland, Oregon. That is, until he started to see things... things he couldn't quite explain. Like a gorgeous woman suddenly transforming into a hideous hag, or an average Joe turning into a vicious troll. Then, after a panicked visit from his only living relative, Nick discovers the truth about his visions: he's not like everyone else, he's a descendant of an elite group of hunters known as "Grimms" who are charged with stopping the proliferation of supernatural creatures in the world. And so begins his new life journey - albeit a reluctant one at first - as he solves crimes with his partner who knows something about Nick has radically changed but can't quite put his finger on it. Along the way, Nick finds himself unexpectedly getting help on some of the more difficult cases from Monroe, a guy who seems normal at first but is soon revealed to be what you might call a "big bad wolf." Literally!

While the Brothers Grimm wrote fairy tales that children have adored for generations, imagine if the villains were real, and Nick was the only one who could stop them.

From executive producers David Greenwalt (Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Jim Kouf (Angel, National Treasure) comes a new world of police work where all cases have a storybook connection... but not always happily ever after.

The premise is very similar to the comic series Fables which was optioned for tv at some point even the use of the Big Bad Wolf. I have seen this show development since I go to many tv websites but for someone who is not in that habit they probably are wondering what is going on. I'll be watching the pilot since it is the type of stuff I watch but those are some bad teasers since it is not clear what the show really is. Hopefully the tv spots will explain more.

Comment

So this is Supernatural without the 2 brothers?

Comment

Sounds intresting. So before networks were going the Superhero route and now the fantasy world route with supernatural this and that other new show about fairy tales?

may check this one out too.

Comment

Here's the 4-minute promo trailer:

NBC has released a nearly four minute long promotional trailer for Grimm which will come to Friday nights this fall.

Comment

It probably won't make it past the first season knowing NBC. I will give it a shot, but definitely won't watch it live if Supernatural stays in the same slot.

Comment

Thanks for the promo! I'll definitely check it out when it comes on. But I'm not really a fan of the lead actor, so I have a feeling my interest won't last long. Funny how they used "Once upon a time" in their promo since that's the title of another new series about fairy tales...

Comment

looks pretty good. ill watch but like the person above said it will be my second choice if supernatural is in the same time spot. and Chuck is on fridays too. it seems Chuck will be this shows lead in so both are fridays on NBC.

Comment

I'll give it a go, like Dex said above it's on NBC so it's probably already dead in the water. lol

Comment

I think it'll last 13 episodes, because hopefully the pairing with Chuck and Grimm will do well.

I really liked the promo trailer a lot.

Comment

looks good but i wish it wasn't on fridays but monay, tuesday or wednesdays maybe then it will have a chance of surviving who knows though maybe it will do well for fridays but does anyone feel that this is a rip off of supernatural without the brothers

Comment

I'll watch. If anything it will make read the Grimm fairytales again.

Did that promo just give away the pilot?

Comment

A new show starting on fridays doesn't seem like a good choice. I like Chuck, SPN, Fringe and now Grimm looks cool. I'm hoping they put another show on friday with it so it airs at 9pm instead of at 8. I'd say I could record Fringe on saturdays but their re-runs lately has been the news, which makes no sense.

Comment

not sure when but if you have Twitter and follow Grimm you can watch the Pilot episode before it airs.

it needs to be moved to another day. fridays are already filled up for most people that i dont think its fair to add a new show. with other shows being cancelled maybe they will move it to one of those time slots.
                            Last edited by superhippie2000; 10-14-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

i watched the first episode since nbc is showing a preview but i dont see this holding my interest long term though i'll dvr it and hope watching it on my 32 inch tv i'll get hooked on it more then i did watching this episode on my laptop.
                              Last edited by krpto; 10-16-2011, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎