No announcement yet.

Pan Am (ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan Am (ABC)

HereŽs another pilot for ABC that could land on this yearŽs fall schedule! The pilot is called Pan Am and it includes a wide range of top notch actors like Christina Ricci, who you might recognize from Monster, Annabelle Wallis from The Tudors and Keli Garner from The Aviator!

HereŽs the plot:

Period drama about the pilots and flight attendants who once made Pan Am the most glamorous way to fly.
    This could be an awesome and fun TV-show! It is a period drama, which sadly lack on broadcast television networks today, therefore, this show could be the beginning of period dramas!

Add'l info:

Official Description courtesy of Inside TV on EW -

“PAN AM”

Passion, jealousy and espionage… They do it all – and they do it at 30,000 feet. The style of the 1960s, the energy and excitement of the Jet Age and a drama full of sexy entanglements deliciously mesh in this thrilling and highly-original new series.

In this modern world, air travel represents the height of luxury and Pan Am is the biggest name in the business. The planes are glamorous, the pilots are rock stars and the stewardesses are the most desirable women in the world. Not only are these flyboys and girls young and good looking, but to represent Pan Am they also have to be educated, cultured and refined. They’re trained to handle everything from in-air emergencies to unwanted advances – all without rumpling their pristine uniforms or mussing their hair. There’s Dean (Jonah Lotan) – a cocky, charismatic and ambitious new pilot – the first of a new breed not trained in the war. On the sly against company policy, he’s dating Bridget, a stunning beauty with a mysterious past. A rebellious bohemian, Maggie (Christina Ricci) turns into a buttoned up professional for work so she can see the world. Rounding out the crew are flirtatious Collette (Karine Vanasse), the adventurous Kate (Kelli Garner) and, finally, Laura (Margot Robbie) – Kate’s beauty queen younger sister, a runaway bride, who recently fled a life of domestic boredom to take to the skies.

“Pan Am” stars Christina Ricci (“Penelope”) as Maggie, Kelli Garner (“Going the Distance”) as Kate, Karine Vanasse (“Polytechnique”) as Colette, Margot Robbie (“Neighbours”) as Laura, Jonah Lotan (“24”) as Dean and Michael Mosley (“Justified”) as Ted.

Jack Orman (“ER,” “Men of a Certain Age,”), Tommy Schlamme (“The West Wing,” “Parenthood,” “Mr. Sunshine”) and Nancy Hult Ganis (“Akleeh and the Bee”) are the executive producers of “Pan Am.” Orman is also the writer, with Schlamme directing. “Pan Am” is produced by Jack Orman Productions, Out of the Blue Entertainment and Shoe Money Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television.

Airs Sunday nights at 10 P.M. EST.
    Last edited by WickedJenn; 07-31-2011, 07:12 PM. Reason: Info added

seems like an odd topic for a tv show. i dont know just seems like a series about passing out peanuts and pointing on emergency exits lol.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      seems like an odd topic for a tv show. i dont know just seems like a series about passing out peanuts and pointing on emergency exits lol.
      LOL! I think that the show will be very character driven. It will probably take place on the plane for a good portion of the episode without focusing too much on the peanuts and emergancy exits
      It will center around the lives of these different characters... The plane might just be a minor aspect of the story...idk! WeŽll see how this turns out!

Comment

YES, ABC has picked up Pan Am! Also saw a short clip and it is totally cute! This really will be fun to watch!

Comment

Pan Am premieres tonight! Christina Ricci is in this.

Comment

I really enjoyed the pilot! I'm usually pretty picky about what period shows I try out, since I don't like they them very much. I loved the opening/closing shots of the airport and flight attendants. Beautiful! I didn't think they could do too much with a show that's focused on a plane, but in the pilot they did a lot of flashbacks. And I have to say, flights have change A LOT since the 60s.

Comment

New show tomorrow night! Does anyone watch this show besides me?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                short answer No!...sorry to disappoint. It's just that most of these new shows aren't holding anyone's attention; at least not long enough. It's going to repeat of last season when bombs after bombs were dropped. Even the ones that seem to be doing well by seasons end won't make it to see a second season....and if they do than 2 years it probably it. I think nowadays its a miracle when a show last more than a few seasons.

Comment

ABC needs to give the show a different timeslot immediately! Walking Dead, football and MLB playoffs beat it up last night. E is speculating that it may not be long before the show is canned.

This is just sad that ABC has stuck the series in such a bad timeslot. It used to be Friday night was the so-called death slot for shows. Smallville, Supernatural and Fringe proved that to be no longer true. I'm starting to think that unless it's sports, Walking Dead or Fox's Animation Domination, Sunday night may be the death knell. Come on ABC. Give the show another day to improve. Christina Ricci is a fabulous actress but ABC puts her show on a slow night?

It's not like there's no promotion. When I watched Last Man Standing and Charlie's Angels last wk, there were commercials for Pan Am. Is it a lost cause or can the show be saved with a new timeslot?

Comment

It's sad...I really hope they give the show a chance. It's a pretty good show. I knew I had to give it a try if Christina Ricci was going to be in it. I was so shocked to find out that an actress that only worked in movies was doing a tv show. But I've started to notice a lot of famous movie actors are starting to move to tv. Probably the only place to find good parts and good writing now days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                      Since you asked... No, I didn't watch but it isn't just this show, the new multiple girls shows doesn't appeal to me and I guess they don't appeal to others as well because one by one they have been cancelled no matter what night they are on. I think Pan Am is going to follow.

Comment

I really hope Once Upon A Time helps Pan Am's ratings. Seen a lot of ads for Once so hopefully people will tune in for bothe shows.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎