Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous Beauty

Title: Dangerous Beauty
    Pairing: Lois & Clark
    Rating: PG-13 (It may vary, if it does I'll let you know)
    Genre: Historical AU
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

Summary: Clark Kent is a Prince in love, with a common woman: Lois Lane. When Lois' father dies she must support herself, her aunt tells her about the world of courtesans. As a courtesan Lois and Clark can be together, but will the scandalous world Lois is about to enter swallow her whole?

A/N: Hello all! This will is my next multi-chapter story! A few people have been telling me they'd be very interested in me writing another historical AU piece with Lois & Clark, I hope you all don't think it's too redundant. It's inspired by the movie Dangerous Beauty, it won't follow it completely (obviously). And if you've seen that movie don't worry the only people that will be *ahem* together in this story will be Lois and Clark.

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Chapter 3
    Chapter 4
    Chapter 5
    Chapter 6
    Chapter 6.1 (NC-17 Version! You've been warned)
    Chapter 7
    Chapter 8
    Chapter 9
    Chapter 10
    Chapter 10.1 (NC-17 Chapter! You've been warned)
    Chapter 11
    Chapter 12
    Chapter 13
    Chapter 14
    Chapter 15
    Chapter 16
    Chapter 17
    Chapter 18
    Chapter 19
    Chapter 20 (NC-17)
    Chapter 21
    Epilogue
    Last edited by AnneBoleyn; 04-19-2011, 11:34 AM.

I'm in!!!!!!!!! I love AU, especially when they go medieval

Comment

I would love to read it. I can't seem to get enough of these Historical AU pieces on Lois & Clark. I am waiting for updates on three other stories on FF and DI now, so please help put me out of my misery and write your story. Thanks.

Comment

Sounds like a good AU story. Look forward to reading it.

Comment

Seems like a good idea. Hope you write it. I'm interested.

Comment

Anne!

You've got another historical/AU story to share with us?! Well, you can count me in! I love the summary and cannot wait to see how the story unfolds!

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to this!

I love historical drama and Clois will just make it even better!

Comment

Oh what a great idea for a story !!

yes please write it...can't wait to read it..

Comment

Please by all means.. I love AU's and historical stories and seeing Clark and Lois in different elements is always fun. Please continue!

Comment

I'd definitely read it, Anne .
                    I like AU stories and as long as it's only Clark and Lois together, then I'm all good .
                    I mean, I know sometimes it's necessary for Clois to be with others, but I still want to read only about them together.
                    So, please write the story, I'll definitely read it .

Comment

Wow guys thank you for so many quick positive responses!!! Looks like this story is definitely going to happen<3

And ebatcl, have no fear, it'll only be Lois & Clark together. Lets just say Lois is going to be a very unconventional courtesan

Comment

Yesm i just subscribed to the thread. Waiting for first chapter ;-).

Comment

Personally, i'm a sucker for AU AND historical novels, so of course i'll say go for it, Anne . Not only for this reasons but also because historical stories is kind of you territory, aren't they? You made a masterpiece with "matter of love and state". Your descriptions are acurate and there's also some political plot.
                          I saw the movie only once, a long time ago, and gotta confess i didn't payid much attention to it so i don't recall the details of the plot, only the main story line... ahh i don't care about the movie, i want to know about your story

Comment

This sounds interesting. Please continue.

Comment

Okay here we go! (if you guys want PM's for this story let me know)

Dangerous Beauty

Chapter 1

Four women sat around a large table practicing their stitching, one sat with a book hidden in her lap and her fabric bundled up on the table with her needle in her hand in case her cousins mother decided to waltz in. Lois Lane was not a traditional woman, in a time where reading, writing, and learning was discouraged among women Lois would sneak around and absorb as much information as she possibly could.

Outside a roar of masculine tone filtered up the stones of the houses and through the wooden windows. It was the first day of spring and the fresh wave of courtesans had come into Metropolis and every man, married or not made sure to be in attendance to see the fresh painted faces. Lois’ mother had died in childbirth leaving her the only child of the Lane family. Her father had raised her and provided for her as best as he could, that was how Lois had known about the parade of courtesans, her father had taken her to the parade when she was young. Lois admired the expensive fabric of their dresses, their beautiful carriages, and how the men admired them. Men gave them flowers, jewels, and various other gifts. What a joy it must be, young Lois always thought, to be loved and admired by so many.

But Lois quickly realized her place in the world was to be seen and not heard, that was the role of every woman, with the exception of the courtesans. Lois hated the fact that her life was planned out for her from the moment she was born and was revealed to be a girl. But as Lois grew older she knew she was becoming less desirable to men, men wanted a wife in her early teens, and Lois was now nineteen. Her younger cousin, one of the two people she was closest to in her life, was eighteen and engaged, her husband was due in Metropolis in two weeks time. Lois only hoped for her cousins happiness, and that her husband would allow her some freedoms for Lois’ cousin was as much a free spirit as she was. Lois’ father had acquired a husband for her two years ago but Lois’ dowry had dwindled down to very little and the man rejected her, it was quite an unusual feeling: being rejected by a man you had never met only because you didn’t have enough money for his taste.

Lois’ father was in the army and they were among the lower ranks in society. Lois had thought that she would be able to travel with her father around the world but he would not allow it, instead Lois was often dumped with her cousins family, the Sullivan’s. However, when Lois was young her father was stationed to protect a province known as Smallville, it was the only time he had taken Lois with him on a mission. He had grown very close with the man who founded the land Jonathan Kent, he and his wife Martha agreed to allow Samuel and his daughter Lois to have their own quarters in the Kent's rather large estate. It was there that Lois had become friends with the Kent’s only son: Clark. For the year that eight-year-old Lois was living in the Kent estate in Smallville she and Clark had grown so close, they were attached at the hip and even though Lois was young she knew she was in love with Clark Kent, the Prince of Smallville. On the final night she was there Clark roused her from a deep sleep and brought her out into the gardens where he gave her a modest necklace in the shape of a heart. “I would like for my heart to belong to you Lois.” He told her with a boyish smile.

Lois accepted the token, “I shall always keep it safe.” And then without a second though she kissed him, her first kiss.

Lois and Clark had remained extremely close even after Lois and her father settled back in Metropolis, which was not a far ride at all from Smallville. Clark seemed to pop up quite often for leisurely trips to Metropolis, Lois always dreamed it was to see her, and one night all her suspicions had been confirmed.

~~

She and Clark sat outside Lois’ modest home watching as the water from the small body of water they lived near rushed past. The sun had recently set and multiple candelabras had been lit to give the yard a romantic glow. It was a particularly chilly night so Lois wrapped herself into Clark’s warmth, he wrapped his arm tightly around her shoulder.

“I must admit I have missed you Clark.” Lois admitted as she gazed out at the glittering water and the various boats sifting through the night waters.

“As I have missed you Lois.” Clark placed his chin atop her head gently nuzzling into her soft hair. He had come to Metropolis with the intention of putting all of his feelings out on the line but he had been here for twelve hours and still didn’t have the courage to put himself out there in such a vulnerable way. If he was being honest with himself each time he had come to Metropolis, always to catch a glimpse of her, he had wanted to tell her, but something held him back. “I…”

Lois’ head perked up. She pulled away from him her light hazel eyes piercing his deep blues. “What is it Clark?”

Clark sighed as his gaze traveled from Lois’ face to her neck. His eyes landed on the silver chain that hung there which disappeared into the valley of her breasts. Clark tentatively reached out and grasped the silver chain, pulling it towards him. He noticed Lois’ breath hitch as he pulled the old pendant out of her bodice. His eyes locked with Lois.’ “You still have this?”

“Of course.” Lois smiled, a small blush rising up onto her cheeks. “I told you I would always keep your heart safe Clark. It is with me, protected at all times.”

Her simple words relieved Clark of the weight that seemed to be holding him down. He reached up, both hands threading through her long curly brown hair, cupping her face. “My heart still belongs to you Lois. I… I love you.”

Lois sighed, her eyes glittering at his confession, something she had always wanted to hear from his lips. It almost didn’t seem real. Lois reached up and wrapped her small hands around his wrists. She smiled before replying, “I think I’ve loved you since the moment I saw you Clark. You will always have my heart in return. I love you.”

Clark smiled so brightly Lois swore the sun wasn’t even so dazzling. He fiercely captured her lips kissing her so passionately she never wanted the moment to end. She wanted to stay wrapped up with him, in the night forever, but all things had their end.

~~~

That night was still etched in Lois’ memory even though it had happened years ago. She loved Clark more than life itself unfortunately the world didn’t care about love as much as it did position and prosperity. Lois’ father was quick to remind her that Clark could never marry her, he was to marry someone of his station, not below. Clark was reminded of that fact constantly on his end. It didn’t stop the two of them however, Clark still loved and visited Lois often and did everything he could to not marry anyone, much to the dismay of his father.

Lois was pulled out of her book and daydreams by her cousin, Chloe, kicking her swiftly in the shin. Lois looked up to see her aunt enter the room, she dropped the book to the floor quickly, it landed with a loud bang and Lois grabbed her fabric and began sewing for the first time that day. Her aunt closed the windows upon entering and shot a quick look to the girls upon hearing the sound of the book falling. Lois looked to Chloe for help. “Is there something wrong mother?”

“Nothing at all dear.” She said stiffly as she once again exited the room. Once she was gone Lois’ head turned at the sound of a firework exploding outside. She knew she couldn’t be cooped up in that stifling house any longer. She smiled as an idea came to mind and sighed before slumping down into her chair, reaching for her book.

“I feel faint.” She panted. The other girls at the table rolled their eyes knowing exactly what Lois was up to. “Chloe.”

Chloe got up from her chair and gently pulled Lois to her feet. “Come on we’ll get you some water.”

Lois tucked the book into a pocket in her dress and swiftly pulled Chloe out of the room and through the house towards the back entrance. “Lois where are we going?”

“Where do you think cousin?” Lois smiled deviously as they exited the house running through the hoards of men crowding Metropolis’ streets. Their pale white dresses flowed behind them as they made their way to the main street where the carriages were still carrying in. Finally the two pushed their way up to the street watching the women as they passed, in their lush red and orange dresses. These women were like living fire, everything about them screamed lively, unlike Lois and Chloe who stood in the street with their unassuming dresses and hair styles. Lois’ eyes fell on someone coming in on horseback, she grabbed her cousins arm. “Chloe look, there’s Alexander Luthor!”

The color drained from Chloe’s face as the idea that someone they knew could see them at such an event. Women were not exactly welcomed at these events, unless they were taking part in the parade of course. Lex Luthor had been a close friend of Clark Kent’s as well as Chloe’s family. He was a good man who was trying to find his place in the world, out of his fathers shadow. Chloe turned around, “Lois we should leave what if he sees us?”

Lois giggled femininely. “Oh Chloe, you have no need to worry. He’s not looking at us.” Lois paused pointing at the upcoming carriage with two beautiful blonde courtesans hanging out of it. “He’s looking at them.”

“Come on!” Chloe said grabbing her hand trying to pull her away from the proceedings.

“Chloe no! What bad could come of this?” Lois giggled as Chloe shook her head and ran back towards her home, leaving Lois alone.

As the parade drew toward a close Lois began to walk back to her aunts home. She passed an alley on the way and was startled when she felt someone grab her hand and pull her in. Her heart calmed slightly when she saw those familiar deep blue eyes. “Clark!” She gasped. “Don’t do that, you nearly scared me to death!”

“I’m sorry my love.” Clark smiled placing a hand on her cheek. “I didn’t mean to frighten you. It’s been some time.”

He was right, it had been almost two months since Lois had last seen Clark, but none of that mattered he was here now. Lois looked at him and raised a curious brow. “What are you doing here Mister Kent?”

Clark smiled, knowing she was just playing with him, she was not mad in the least. “Every man within a hundred miles comes to see the courtesan parade. You don’t normally see many women come for the viewing however.”

“Well I’m not most women.” Lois said proudly.

“No you’re not.” Clark smiled kissing her lips tenderly.

“Clark!” A familiar voice was closing in on them, Lex.

“I must go. Shall I visit you later?” Clark asked searching her eyes. Lois smiled and nodded her approval. Clark kissed her pink lips one more time before rushing out of the alley to find his friend. Lois stood still for a moment simply tracing her lips with her small pointer finger the tingle of Clark’s kiss still there. With a final smile Lois shook her head and returned to her empty home.

Lois opened the front door watching as their handmaid Beatrice stood there, a hand on her hip. Beatrice had been with the Lane family for as long as Lois could remember. She was an elderly woman, Lois’ father thought it would be helpful to have another woman around to teach Lois the ways of women. “Lois you’re home. I thought you would miss dinner, again.”

“I’m sorry Beatrice I got caught up over at Chloe’s.” Lois smiled pulling her forgotten book from her pocket. Lois said down at the table and opened it continuing where she left out.

“Mistress Lois you should not poison your mind with books.” Beatrice shook her head. “You should be concentrating on your etiquette lessons and minding your manners. You will never find a husband acting the way you do.”

“Actually Beatrice I will never find a husband because I have no dowry. That’s really all that matters isn’t it? How much a man can get from you? The fact that a woman’s worth is determined by how much money or livestock she comes with is sickening!” Lois was extremely passionate about the ways women were treated in society. It didn’t make her very popular, nor desirable. But she was desirable to the only person that mattered, Clark.

Later that night Lois was sat in her room, a single candle burning writing in her journal. She was pulled from her writing by the sound of something hitting her window. Lois smiled as she rushed toward her balcony pulling the doors open, there was Clark standing there. “How did you get up here?”

“I climbed the side of your balcony. I am strong Lois.” Clark smiled before shaking his head remembering there was a reason he was there. “I haven’t much time, I must ride back to Smallville tonight but I wanted to give you this.”

In his hand he held a small piece of paper folded up. Lois knew what it was, a letter or poem of some kind. Clark was quite the skilled writer and ravished her with words often. Lois returned the favor as best as she could, she was positive that the more she sent and wrote the better she got, she was sure she would be better than Clark one day!

“Don’t read it until I’ve gone.” Clark requested.

“When will you be back?” Lois asked him.

“As soon as I possibly can be.” Clark answered honestly. “You know I can’t stay away for long.”

“These nighttime rendezvous will have to come to an end when my father returns in two weeks time.” Lois said sadly.

“We shall find a way to be together.” Clark reassured her, and for whatever reason she believed him. Lois always believed in Clark. He was the one man who never lied to her, never left her.

“And they shall absolutely end when you are married.” Lois said sadly.

“Have you picked out a wife for me already darling Lois?” Clark asked her. “We can let what may happen in the future meddle with the time we do have.”

“Lois?” The couple heard Beatrice outside of her bedroom. “Are you okay I heard some commotion?”

“I’m fine Beatrice thank you.” Lois called to her before looking up at Clark. “You should go.”

“I should.” Clark said but not moving from where he was. As if they were drawn towards one another physically Lois took a step towards Clark and he wrapped his arms around her back. She tilted her heard up as he lowered his head, his lips cushioning hers. Lois sighed through her nose as she parted her lips slightly to allow Clark’s tongue into her mouth. In these moments Lois was quite sure of one thing: even if Clark did marry he would always be hers, just as Lois would always be Clark’s. Clark was the only man Lois would ever allow to possess her in every way.

Slowly Clark pulled away placing one final sealing kiss on Lois’ swollen lips. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Lois declared as she watched him descend down the side of her balcony and disappear off into the Metropolis streets. Contentedly Lois walked back into her bedroom where she undressed and got into her white night clothes. As she got into bed she unwrapped the letter Clark had given her, reading the words that he wrote.

A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:
                              Its loveliness increases; it will never
                              Pass into nothingness; but still will keep
                              A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
                              Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing.

You are still as beautiful as ever Lois. My Lois, I love you
                              ~Clark Kent

___
                              Well there it is! Chapter 1 of Dangerous Beauty. Thanks so much for letting me know you guys would be interested in this story and for reading! What did you think?? Was it too sappy? I wanted to give everyone a little bit of background in this opening chapter. I wanted to make sure that Clark and Lois wrote letters to each other, a little wink to their non AU history. And yes Lex is good... for now. The poem that Clark wrote Lois is absolutely not mine lol, it's an excerpt of John Keats' poem A Thing of Beauty. Love it? Hated it?? Leave me some comments and let me know what you think!! Again if you want PM's for the story let me know=]
                              Last edited by AnneBoleyn; 03-31-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎