X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By My Side

Title: My By Side
    Rating: TBA
    Summary:

He banged on the walls, fists pounding harder than he'd ever hit anything. "It's no use," He sank to the floor. "We're stuck here."

After being kidnapped by a blue kryptonite weilding man, Clark and Tess are trapped inside a nuclear bunker with no way out.

Oh the irony. The day that I post that I have no ideas for Cless, I get at least 5. I've been playing with some of them since before Legacy but this one took my fancy for unknown reasons.

It's more character driven than anything I've done before which will be good, I hope. By My Side will be a long story, about the size of Legacy or longer, but it won't be as action packed. I've written half of the first chapter already - thank you Maths Class- so that should be up soonish. The next chapter will take a while because my exams start next week *cries and crawls into a hole to die* so please don't beg me to update fast. It makes me feel obligated to. And knowing me, I probably would update - badly though- so please... take pity on the poor stressed student.

But tell me what you think of the idea. Pretty please.

sounds awesome! it's Clessy, so im down with it anyway :P

Comment

sounds great! Waiting patiently.

Comment

Yay! The idea sounds great so far, can't wait to read it. Good luck with you exams!

Comment

Yay! I was hoping you'd post another Cless story soon. It sounds great, I can't wait to read it. Good luck with exams!~

Comment

Wow, that sounds like it's going to be another one of your amazing stories. Can't wait to read it, but take your time. Your exams are more important, so good luck!

Comment

Sounds awesome! I love the idea Good luck with your exams!

Comment

Hi Mercy, you made my Saturday morning! Don't stress too much about your exams, I'm sure everything will work out. As for the story, sounds great! *sits patiently waiting for first chapter*

Comment

WOOOOT!! You have no idea how much this has made my day!.. Awesome.. can't wait for it!

Comment

Wow. I'm glad you guys like the idea so here's the first chapter:

Disclaimer: I own nothing. No seriously...

Chapter 1:

Clark Kent woke at the sound of a strangled scream. He sat up immediately, looking for the source of the noise. “Lois?” He called for his fiancé before blinking slowly. This wasn’t their room. This wasn’t even his house. And the woman screaming obscenities at the closed door was defiantly not his fiancée. “Tess?”

“Clark,” Tess Mercer turned to face him, green eyes wide with panic and wet with unshed tears.

He untangled himself from the blanket he was wrapped in and tried to stand. His legs bucked, sending him sprawling backwards. Clark fell back onto the bed, black spots dancing across his vision.

Tess winced, “Probably should’ve warned you about that. The dizziness should get better in a little while.” She walked away from the door, perching herself on the edge of the king sized bed. “How’s your head?”

Clark tilted his head to the side, eyes squeezed shut and groaned. He’d never been good at feeling like this. “I feel like I did after my bachelor night,” He opened one eye and watched the concrete grey wall opposite spin like a carousel. “What the hell happened?”

“You don’t remember either?” Tess asked, surprised. “I was hoping you would.”

“You don’t remember anything?” Clark slowly pulled himself up, trying to overcome the dizziness.

She gave him a concerned glance when she saw his bloodshot eyes, “You should like back down. You don’t look so great.”

“Thanks,” He said sarcastically, running a hand messily through his black hair. “What do you remember?”

“The last thing is yelling at Oliver for blowing the budget then it just goes blank and I woke up here.”

“And where is here exactly?” Clark looked up and around at the room, taking it in for the first time. It was sparsely decorated; the only piece of furniture in the room was the bed. The walls, ceiling and floor were made of concrete. He guessed from Tess’ previous cursing that the steel door to their right was locked.

“I don’t know!” She snapped before wincing and putting a hand to her forehead, rubbing it gingerly. “Sorry. I just…” She took a deep breath and flopped backwards onto the bed. “Don’t know.” She closed her eyes, “Whatever they gave us I really don’t like it.”

“You feel like crap too?”

She opened one eye and gave him a pointed glare, “Yes Clark.”

“That was a stupid question, wasn’t it?”

She nodded, “But you get a free pass this time.”

“What do you think it was,” He pressed. “There has to be something to do with Green K or I wouldn’t be so useless.”

Tess spoke with her eyes closed, “The last time something like this happened, it was all a dream. Maybe we’ll get that lucky again.”

Clark frowned at her, “When was that?”

“Last year. Your mother was trying to find out where the Book of Rao was.”

“My mother did that?” Clark asked, disbelieving.

She chuckled humourlessly, “The Red Queen did a lot of things, Clark.” Tess opened her eyes and looked up at Clark. “She had to, to protect you.”

“I wish she didn’t,” Clark said softly. “People shouldn’t have to protect me like that. It’s supposed to be the other way around. I’m supposed to save them.”

“Clark, this is hardly the time or place for an ‘I’m a lone ranger’ speech,” Tess chastised him, more harshly than she intended. “Never know who’s listening,” She added, her eyes pointing glancing around the barren room.

Clark realised his mistake, “Sorry. I can’t think straight.”

She waved a hand lazily, “Don’t worry about it. Oliver should be here any minute to get us out of here.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“He’s Oliver. He loves to play the hero. And he’d never let me forget him saving me again.”

Something about her reasoning didn’t sit right with him. “Since when you trust Oliver so much?”

“I trust Oliver,” She replied indignantly and sat up. “I trust Emil more though,” She smiled a little. “We’ve been trialling these subcutaneous trackers Emil invented. They should have our location by now and, even with Oliver’s timing, he should come soon.”

“Why didn’t either of you tell me about that?”

She shrugged, “It’s just side project. Nothing major. You have more important things to focus on.”

“Still, you should have told me. Secrets aren’t good, Tess.”

“You’re seriously going to start that argument now?” She raised an eyebrow. “We’ve probably been kidnapped by a psychopath but as long as I don’t keep secrets, it’s all good.”

“Tess…” He trailed off; knowing sarcasm was her defence mechanism. “Don’t you think you’re over reacting just a little?” He didn’t want to antagonise her any further but picking a fight wouldn’t help anyone.

She huffed and crossed her arms, “Yes,” Tess reluctantly admitted, pursing her lips. “But you still have to pick your timing better.”

“Lois keeps telling me that,” He smiled at the thought of his fiancée. “Lois, what if she got hurt?” He started to panic.

“I’m sure she’s fine,” Tess reassured him. She’s probably trying to find you.”

“And then she’ll end up in trouble and I won’t be there to get her out of it.”

“Hey,” She reached over and put a hand on his shoulder. “Calm down. Lois is fine. She can look after herself.”

“But she always gets in over her head,” Clark continued anxiously. “She needs me.”

“Lois Lane can look after herself,” Tess repeated firmly. “Trust me, I’ve taken her on and lost. She’ll be okay.”

“But what if I was with her when I was taken? What if she got hurt?”

“Well then, if she got hurt,” Tess stressed the if, “She’ll be in the hospital giving the nurses hell.”

“What if she’s in another room like this one?” Clark continued to panic.

“Clark,” Tess said more firmly. “Thinking like that isn’t going to help you or get you back to Lois. You have to calm down.”

He sighed, “I don’t like being not able to do anything.”

“I gathered that,” Tess said dryly. “Just try to calm down. Panic doesn’t help anyone.”

He turned to face her, “How can you be so calm?”

“Calm?” She laughed, “I’m not calm. I just have to keep it together or I’ll be in the corner crying my eyes out.”

“You could handle it worse,” Clark replied.

“It could always be worse,” Tess retorted. “What are you doing?” She asked as he stood up unsteadily.

“Going to open the door,” He answered tightly, straining to keep upright. The world spun around him and the floor rose up like an unsteady plank of wood. “I thought you said the dizziness got better.”

“Well, you can stand now can’t you?”

“I thought you meant that it disappeared,” Clark frowned as he slowly made his way across the room.

“You have obviously never been to college,” Tess said, “Or had a hang over. It doesn’t disappear for a while. You just deal with it.”

“I don’t like it,” Clark muttered as he reached for the doorknob.

“No one does Clark.”

“I really don’t like it.” He repeated and grasped the door handle. He turned it but nothing happened. He tried again but it barely shook. Using both hands, he twisted with all his might. But it didn’t budge. “It’s not moving.”

Tess refrained from a sarcastic retort. ‘Maybe you just need to wait a while to get your strength back.”

“That’s not how Green K works. I should be able to open the door, it’s not that strong.” Clark glared at the door as it was offending him. “I should be able to open it.”

“Maybe there’s still some Green K in your blood,” Tess suggested.

“Maybe,” Clark said, unconvinced. “It doesn’t feel like Green K though. It’s more like what ever Zatanna put in that wine for the party.”

“Magic?” Tess asked. “Well that would narrow down the suspect pool for kidnappers.”

He tried the door again and this time it opened. He smiled, turning back to face Tess. “You were right. I just needed some-” The metal barrel in his face made him loose his voice.

“Up against the wall, boy. And no funny business.”

Comment

Oh Oh Oh Oh OH.. I should be writing but i had to pause to read this and EPIC! great start.. can't wait for the rest.. I love how its Tess calming Clark down hahaha..

PPMS!

Comment

Oh Oh Oh Oh OH.. I should be writing but i had to pause to read this and EPIC! great start.. can't wait for the rest.. I love how its Tess calming Clark down hahaha..
                        Thanks That part wasn't supposed to be in there but it kinda wrote itself.

Comment

OMG! This story is freaking hilarious! And Blue K idea? So hot!

Originally posted by Mercy_Mermaid
                          And the woman screaming obscenities at the closed door was defiantly not his fiancée. “Tess?”
                          This is TOO funny! If you don't know CF is always swearing on her Twitter...

“Clark, this is hardly the time or place for an ‘I’m a lone ranger’ speech,” Tess chastised him, more harshly than she intended. “Never know who’s listening,” She added, her eyes pointing glancing around the barren room.
                          Love the snarkiness and the banter is gold in this

“I trust Oliver,” She replied indignantly and sat up. “I trust Emil more though,” She smiled a little.
                          Oh Emil
                          “You have obviously never been to college,” Tess said, “Or had a hang over. It doesn’t disappear for a while. You just deal with it.”
                          Sassy Tess!

He tried the door again and this time it opened. He smiled, turning back to face Tess. “You were right. I just needed some-” The metal barrel in his face made him loose his voice.

“Up against the wall, boy. And no funny business.”
                          Your cliffhanger is unbelievably good!

I WANT MORE!!!!
                          NOW!!!!

Comment

If you don't know CF is always swearing on her Twitter
                            Really? Did not know that.

Love the snarkiness
                            Well, snark is what I live for. And how do you do that laughing face. It's too cute.

Oh Emil
                            Yeah, I'm in love with him after Fortune. *swoons at him singing*

I WANT MORE!!!!
                            NOW!!!!
                            Now might be a while away....

Comment

Loved the chapter! I really wonder who kidnapped them... Great cliffhanger btw, PPMS!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎