Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing Daylight (PG-13)

Title/Link: Chasing Daylight
    Author: MZ-Supermanfan or Jackie
    Pairings: Clark & Lana / Lois & John / Lois & Clark <----This is what you came for! :P
    Rating: PG-13
    Warnings (if needed): There will be some NC-17 chapters, but I will post them in the appropriate forum. I'll give you a heads up when it happens.
    Spoilers (when applicable): Entire Series. References will be made to all major enemies and some major events.
    Short summary: Okay. I received a prompt. Wasn't sure how I would fare, but I did manage to type up a few pages and start thinking of the plot. This will have a lot of breaks/moves in time (not time jumping, just remember to take a look at the date at the top of each section.

In season 8, Lana went through the procedure to get the suit. She did absorb the Kryptonite, but they found a way to reverse it. Lois Lane is currently dating John Corben and they live in Star City (Both working for the DP Star City Branch). The story revolves around the reunion between Lois and Clark.

Chasing Daylight

Chapter 1

November 2012
    Smallville

His eyes were riveted to the page, each word telling a story, direct, informative. And then he saw it... an error .

Who the hell misspells gradual? But he knew the answer to that. A tilt started at the corner of his mouth as he found himself engrossed once again in the words 'Star City's Visiting Vigilante'. “Bruce.” Of course the name was never mentioned, but it wasn't as though Clark lived in a cave. The unintentional pun brought a snort from his throat.

He looked to the By-Line, saw her name, in bold letters. His eyes darted to the loft stairs. He didn't have much time. Lana would be there soon, returning to him to tell tales of her recent endeavors.

His hands went to the scissors, clenching them tightly. A ritual, repeated so often that he wasn't sure if he could ever stop. He ran a palm over the paper. The Daily Planet, Star City Branch. Smooth out any wrinkles. Then he cut, precise, bordered the edge of the article. The square rested on the table and he took the other pieces, discarded them in the trash. He would burn them later.

But for now.... his hand ran tenderly over the printed words as his other one reached for a book. It was thick, made even thicker with each foreign paper shoved between the pages.

Pieces of her.

At least Lana wasn't much of a reader these days. Isis was in full swing, but he steered clear of the project. He wouldn't want her to be upset over something so... simple? Or was it? Here he was, cutting newspapers and putting them in books.

He ran his thumb over the cover of the book as he flipped the pages, articles pressed between them. He could hear her before he saw her, a subtle change in the wind outside, a whistle. She was fast, as fast as he was. An equal in all the physical senses.

Swiftly he shut the book, placed it on the shelf. A shelf that housed two more books filled with her articles.

Almost every one from the past three years. From fluff pieces to murder investigations. Lois Lane, Investigative Reporter. She was stories above the basement.

“Clark?” Lana. Her voice rang from down the stairs. Why she hadn't just sped to him, he wasn't sure.

“Up here.” As though she didn't know. For the past month things had been tense between them. Her questionable work at Isis, the surveillance she kept on Lois. It was unfair of him to say she was targeting her. Lana kept surveillance on several people across the world. Lana wasn't aware that Clark knew that, but it was hard for her to keep secrets from him.

The fact that she tried was unnerving.

“I was waiting for you in Metropolis. I thought you were going to work today?” Of course. When he picked up the newspaper he found himself back at the barn, eager to complete the task.

“I went. Just needed to come home for something.” His said as his hand went to his tie, straightening it, then smoothing out the wrinkles.

“I was worried. I went to the planet to give you this. It was at the Isis foundation.” Lana held out her hand, a thin object resting between her fingers.

An envelope, classy and elegant. He turned it over and looked at the address. For some reason his hand was shaking.

X-ray vision was a *****....

He tossed it to the table. Lana didn't have the same power, but she also knew what it was. In an almost comforting gesture she placed her hand on his shoulder.

It was the first time they had touched in three weeks. A surprise when they slept next to one another almost every night.

“Do you want me to RSVP? We don't have plans.” Not that they made plans. Between both of them trying to do what they could to help the people of Metropolis.... in some cases others across the country, they just couldn't seem to make time.

Something tugged at the back of his mind. If he said no then Lana's suspicions would be confirmed... that he still felt a draw to Lois. Without any more thought he nodded. “We'll be there.”

And he prayed that when the time comes his heart won't break the moment she says, “I do.”

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

October 2012
    Star City

John rubbed a hand on his chest, avoiding the center. It wasn't fair to Lois. This life, but he couldn't deny her. He loved her, had loved her for the past two years. His body appeared almost entirely human. Except for the damn hole in his chest.

A hole covered with glass and glowing red.

When they had moved to Star City they had encountered another group of heroes, similar to Oliver Queen's in Metropolis. John had been without a purpose until they approached him, accepted him into the group. And they were well funded.

Where he had once been missing skin they conducted graphing experiments. And now... now he looked like any other man, except for the center of his chest. No heart, just a glowing red rock.

His other life, before they changed him, was over. There was no one to go back to. Now he only moved forward, and he wanted to move forward with her.

A hand went to his shoulder, squeezed gently. “I'm tired of licking, John. It's your turn.” He could see her reflection in the mirror.

She thrust an envelope before him and he smirked, swiping it from her hands. “I could have sworn that when you said you wanted envelopes I told you, 'Get ones that use stickers'.”

“Stickers are Tacky. Your turn to lick.”

“I know something that I'll be happy to-” A hand hit him on the shoulder and he broke out into a laugh. “Fine. Give me a stack. I'll do ten.”

“Twenty.” She growled, already holding the envelopes. How the hell did she move so fast? Not that she actually was superhuman.... he had just been distracted.

“Okay. Twenty. Hand 'em over.” He held out his hand, stepped out of the bathroom, making his way to the kitchen. Taking a seat at the table he gave an exaggerated sigh and grinned at Lois. How he had become so lucky, he had no idea.

He was halfway through the stack, licking the envelope then placing it address side up on the rest. Normally he didn't bother looking at who they were sent to but this time the name caught his attention.

Clark Kent and Lana Lang.

He tensed, feeling uneasy. Lois was unaware of Clark's abilities. She also was unaware of the fact that Clark couldn't be in John's presence.

The Kryptonite in his chest prevented that. This time it wouldn't kill him... it would just remove his inhibitions.

There was so much that could go wrong at the wedding if Clark was there.

He swallowed hard and looked across the table, saw Lois at her computer typing. Probably for an article. “Lois?”

“Yea.” She didn't look up, not until he said her name again. “What is it?”

“You invited Clark.” Not necessarily an accusation, but... there was a tightness to his words.

“I have known him for a long time John.” And she had also been in love with him.

“But you haven't talked to him in years. What is this about?” The tightness was gone. He could understand, could attempt to relate.

“I just want him in my life and maybe him coming to the wedding can be a catalyst for that.” He gave a slow nod and licked another envelope. Finally she turned her gaze back to the computer. He should have tried to talk her out of it, but then she would have become angry. Or even worse... curious.

And he could deny her nothing.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Wow...something different. I loved it. I am excited to see where you take this story. Great Job!

Comment

woow.... John and Lois... now thats one forte that writers havnt ventured into... cant wait for more.... coz i luvd the first chapter

Comment

This is a great beginning. Question though: does Lois know of John's lack of heart (well, in the physical sense at least)? And does Clark, or has Clark, encountered John? I.e. does he know of John's Krptonite heart.

I'm guessing this is going to be a Red-K/crash-the-wedding style story

I wonder why Lana's keeping surveillance of Lois...

Okay, so that was two............ okay three ................ questions. My bad!

Keep up the great work, looking forward to more.

Comment

Originally posted by imhooked
          Wow...something different. I loved it. I am excited to see where you take this story. Great Job!
          It's going to be fun to write.. that's for sure.

Originally posted by chantelle
          woow.... John and Lois... now thats one forte that writers havnt ventured into... cant wait for more.... coz i luvd the first chapter
          Working on number two now.

Originally posted by SQ.
          This is a great beginning. Question though: does Lois know of John's lack of heart (well, in the physical sense at least)? And does Clark, or has Clark, encountered John? I.e. does he know of John's Krptonite heart.

I'm guessing this is going to be a Red-K/crash-the-wedding style story

I wonder why Lana's keeping surveillance of Lois...

Okay, so that was two............ okay three ................ questions. My bad!

Keep up the great work, looking forward to more.
          1. Lois is aware of John's condition
          2. Clark is aware of John's condition. They did fight, which I will get into a little bit.
          3. Well.... Lana's... Uh... Stay tuned for that one. :P

Comment

I'll agree with whoever said this has never been ventured before. I applaud you for coming up with the courage to write such a story . Needless to say, I'm hooked, hence waiting for more .

Comment

awesome awesome awesome start this is great you KNOW I LOVE RED K envolved in any story AWESOME start babe

Comment

Originally posted by mz-supermanfan
                It's going to be fun to write.. that's for sure.
                1. Lois is aware of John's condition
                2. Clark is aware of John's condition. They did fight, which I will get into a little bit.
                3. Well.... Lana's... Uh... Stay tuned for that one. :P
                Thanks.

I think it's pretty easy to deduce why Lana's keeping a Big Sister/Big Brother ever watchful look at Lois. And I am pretty sure I know the end to that thought, regarding Land as well.

After all, we were all very privy to it in S5E04 "Aqua". You know the scene(s) I'm talking about The one with the four of them (Lois, Clark, AC, Lana) in the Talon. And the one at the very beginning where Lois and Clark get into their wonderful banter sessions -- forgetting their surroundings and companies (Chloe's highly and all-too-telling amused smirks and Lana's oh-so-extremely tight-lipped and non-plussed bordering on envious expressions)

Comment

This one is different from every single fic i read so far, because they never wrote about Lois and Corber together and Clark being with Lana after the Ksuit.
                  I thought it was pretty interesting to read and i can't wait to see what's coming up next.
                  For me, everytime we have a red-k story means lots of fun and i have a feeling that's what i'll have reading your story. So keep the uptades coming

Comment

As different as this story is Jackie, I'm on board! It's hard to pass up any of your stores and yes...even one's with Clana. Because I know in the end, you'll do Clois justice! And I can't wait!!!

Comment

wow, that´s really good. I loved the chemistry between John and Lois.

Have Clark and Lois a romance in the past?, when exactly did Lois go to Star city?, after Chloe´s wedding?, what happened there????...

I will be looking foward for the up date.

congrats...vey interesting story!

Comment

John and Lois??? well you really got me with that one, tha's... well strange?? but a good strange, it was unexpected, I thought they were gonna be a couple with no ring attached and no life changing question and response in there
                        Well I gotta say I really want to see Clark's face when he sees Lois again, the man made a mistake and be a big boy and deal with it.... Yes Lois Lane was the one, but you preferred simpleton, crazy and overrated Lana.

I really have to know what's going to happen next, I'm going to be one with my laptop until you update something

Comment

Finally a chance to read this. Been wanting to allllllllll day!.. I love the John and Lois hook up (tho of course I want Clois) .. ugh at Clana and not surprising to see they have problems.. its really surprising they made it that far at all.

Sad thing is I don't want John hurt..I like him.. Lana i don't hate her but *shrugs* whatever..lol

PPMS! this is very good..eager to see where it goes.

Comment

Woah! Love the premise. I'm in.

Comment

Love this! Can't wait to see how this plays out!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎