• Show
Clear All

• Declared Intent (PG-13) Future Clark Fic

Title/Link: Declared Intent
    Author: MZ-Supermanfan or Jackie
    Pairing: Lois & Clark
    Rating: PG-13
    Warnings (if needed):
    Spoilers (when applicable): Up to Season 9 and possible references to events that occurred during Season 9. So, if you haven't seen up to the Season 9 Finale then it's recommended that you do not read the story.
    Short summary: Set after Doomsday. Future Clark meets present day Lois.

Author's Note: Hoping this turns out pretty well. First Chapter is a little short, but I wanted to get this out before midnight. Enjoy. Thank you Lois & Clark Fan for the fun idea.

September 2009

It always seemed that if something horrible was going to happen in Metropolis it was going to be at night. Clark was a little grateful for that. His activities as the Blur had risen in number and protecting his identity was a priority.

Clark was patrolling near suicide slums, listening intently for disturbances. It was unnaturally quiet and he cut the patrol short, taking a leap to land on LuthorCorp tower. He raised a hand to his ear. “All quiet on this side. You have anything?”

Some police calls from the Planet. You should check it out.” The voice in his ear, Chloe Sullivan, helped to give him some direction. He could have found it on his own, but for the past week he had been trying to become a better 'team player' as Oliver called it.

He super-sped to The Daily Planet and found the reason for the calls. A car was sitting where the rotating doors once stood. A few stories up was a broken window and Clark knelt, judging the amount of power it would take for a calculated leap. A second later he was through the window. He x-rayed the building, finding only three individuals within. Considering the time of night he knew two to be custodians. The third was in the basement bullpen.

Clark sped down the stairs, glad the only occupants of the building had locked themselves in a storage closet. Onlookers would have been unfortunate.

At his old desk stood a man who was sifting through the clutter. He was dark skinned and for a moment Clark considered he could be related to John Jones. Clark hadn't made a sound as he moved closer, but the new arrival turned to face him directly. He wore a gray body suit, complete with gloves, boots and a cape. His expression was far from friendly.

“Clark Kent. I'm surprised you made it here so soon.” The man's eyes glowed red and Clark took a step back, distancing himself as the other man approached steadily. “Here or there, I'm still going to kill you.”

“You can try.” Clark responded, more confidently than he felt. False bravado was sometimes better than none. The man moved, just as fast as Clark could and Clark found himself on his back, blood running from his mouth. Clark's eyes widened. He had been floored with a single punch.

His opponent raised his hand, holding a small wand. The wand extended and a sword appeared in his fist. It came down and Clark rolled, avoiding the blade. If the man was able to hurt him with a punch then he wasn't going to risk what damage the sword could possibly do.

“What do you want?” Clark was back on his feet, his hands in front of him in a placating gesture.

“To kill you of course.” The man looked at Clark like he was crazy then he threw his head back and laughed. “But you don't know who I am yet. That's alright, though. I've never been one for fame.” He sped forward towards Clark, intending to drive the sword through him.

Clark sidestepped, reacting just a tad slower than necessary, feeling the graze across his arm. Blood dripped from the wound. “Who are you?” Once again Clark distanced himself from his enemy, but he ignored the question, moving in for another strike.

It was then that something extraordinary occurred. A purple light appeared, and man suddenly stood between Clark and his opposition.

“Glad I made it in time.” The voice was eerily familiar and Clark looked at the new arrival, taking in the red and blue and that god-awful cape. His examination was cut short when he heard his own voice... coming from someone else.

“Use your heat vision. He's a Martian.” Clark looked at his double and gave a clueless nod, “Don't think about it, just do it. They're telepathic.”

Clark looked around, wondering where to start, but his double took control, setting fire to the floor, encasing the Martian in a fiery ring. “That should hold him for a minute.” And then Clark was given an opportunity to stare at what he would become. The older version of himself was confident, radiated control. His hair was slicked back, he was just a little leaner, and Clark wondered when he would adopt such a commanding presence.

“I need to stay here for a week to handle the Martian and we can't both be in this time line. When you get to where you are going, just stay with The League. They're your babysitter for the next seven days. Got it?” And then his older version struck Clark on the chest, a tiny object attaching to his shirt. Before he pulled his hand away he took the headset off Clark's ear. “Good Luck.” Older Clark winked and watched his younger version disappear in a purple light.

Awesome start.

Definitley looking forward to reading more.

Post soon.

Comment

This seems funny to watch judging by Clark's face
      It's a good start, I wonder what's future Clark going to encounter in the past
      Update when you can no pressure

Comment

Woah. Fabulous start. More please.

Comment

Awesome start.
          Definitley looking forward to reading more.
          Post soon.
          You got it

This seems funny to watch judging by Clark's face
          It's a good start, I wonder what's future Clark going to encounter in the past
          Update when you can no pressure
          I did enjoy the PClark and FClark interactions. Though we won't be following PClark's story... though we will probably find out what he went through near the end.

Woah. Fabulous start. More please.
          Here you go.

Thanks for the reviews guys and now you can read some of the explanation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 2~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Just you and me now, Theo.” Clark looked at the Martian, disgust on his face. Traveling back in time to kill his younger self was a good idea, but as always the Martian had bad execution. Theo laughed from his fire prison.

“You and I both know that the ring won't produce the piece you need for another seven days, Superman.” Clark walked around the bullpen, amazed by it's appearance. It had been several decades since he had set foot in the building.

“I think a trip to the sun is in order. Remind me, what does that do to a Martian?” Clark spared him a glare, watching the fire, checking to see if needed adjusting. He would have to get out of the suit and soon. If the calculations were correct then he should have landed in the year 2009. An 80 year leap. The first time he had lived through this time-line none of this had happened.

Of course the Martian had to change that.

He put the earpiece to his ear. Think, Clark. What all was going on in 2009? He spoke slowly, pressing the commo button. “Watchtower, this is...?” He trailed off.. what was it they called him? Scout?

I know who it is, Boyscout. What was the situation at the Planet?” Boyscout, of course.

“I've contained a rogue Martian. I'll be heading over there in a few hours.”Clark approached the fire, stepping into it and looping his arms under Theo's, lacing his hands behind the Martian's neck. His enemy put up a feeble struggle, weakened by the fire.

“It's over, Martian.” Then he launched himself upwards, taking flight.

A trip to the sun was both draining and invigorating. The Martian fought most of the way and Clark, unable to use his heat vision in space, resorted to physical control.

When they returned to Earth Clark chose to land at the Farm. Even in the future it still belonged to him. The Martian was unconscious and would remain so for the better part of the day. Clark set him in the barn, tying him to one of the support beams.

He looked around the barn, smiling as he took in it's unaltered state. He found himself in the loft, rummaging through the trunk. “I know it's here somewhere. Aha!” He pulled out the shirt, grimacing at it's design. It was a spare “Blur” shirt. Resting just under it was a pair of black jeans. “Joy.” He muttered and then spun, a natural motion for changing clothes and carefully he placed The Suit in the trunk. The jeans were a little loose and he wondered how he had become so lean.

He spared a glance to the lower level of the barn, glaring at the still unconscious Martian. It was closing in on three hours since he had spoken to Chloe. A smile replaced the frown he was just wearing. It would be good to see her again. His eyes traveled to the boots the Martian was wearing. “I bet you're a 12.” A moment later he was lacing the boots. They were a good fit.

“Clothes, check. Boots, check. Wallet... where's the wallet?” Again he was rummaging through his own things, but felt like they belonged to someone else. In the dresser he found an ID and some cash. “Mental note, replace younger Clark's money...” He felt like something was missing and as he passed a mirror he groaned. “Glasses. I don't have them yet.” He wasn't sure if that was a benefit.

He untied the Martian and put him over his shoulder. An instant later he was stepping into watchtower. It was in it's primal stages, but he knew what would become of it. How it would be the center of The League. And across the way he saw the petite blonde that he hadn't seen in almost sixty years. “Chloe.” She turned, an eyebrow raised. She looked... so young.

“Going to stand there all day, Clark?” He moved forward, dropping his 'prisoner' on the couch. Chloe walked over, crossing her arms as she looked at the Martian. “This the rogue Alien you were talking about?”

“Yep. Theojaxon Jones. He's powerless now.” Chloe's gaze shifted to look at him. Her eyes widened and she took a step back.

“Who are you?” Clark couldn't help the grin that appeared. He should have known she would figure something was wrong.

“Do I really look that different? It's me, I'm just a little older. You might want to take a seat, Chloe.” She responded, more out of shock than obedience. He cast a quick look at Theo before moving a chair to sit across from her. “So, the Martian over there is from my time. We have a group that tracks time line shifts and of course when someone has it in their mind to kill me they tend to get creative. Theo jumped here and I followed. I sent your Clark forward. There's a whole list of things to do when you travel, but it's never good to have two of the same person in the same time line. In about seven days One of the Team will be bringing him back. Until then you're stuck with me.” He grinned, placed his hands behind his head and leaned back in the chair.

Something crossed his mind and the grin fell. “Lois.” If his memory served correct... and it usually did... then Present Lois was still in the future. He let out a snort. Of course he comes to the past and that Lois is in the future. When was the good Karma going to come around?

“She's still missing. We're not sure where she is right now.” Chloe responded and Clark turned to look at her. How much could he give away about the future?

“I know where she is. I just need to keep an ear out tonight for her. Your Clark would have saved her, but since I sent him forward it's going to have to be me.” He should have braced himself for this.

Lois, to him, had been dead for the past twenty years. It had been one of the hardest experiences to live through, but it had also reinforced the fact that he wasn't human. He had forgotten that he might have to face her.... and he wondered how he would ever be able to walk away.

Lois Lane. He had missed her desperately. He sighed, releasing a steady breath. Calm, Clark. You'll be okay. It's Lois. But he wasn't so sure...

Comment

I always hate the fact that Clark was going to outlive Lois, is just I don't know unfair? sad? but well for something they decided to put things that way...

Chloe is a clever cookie there's almost nothing that can pass her intuition..
            I want to see the whole future Clark and present Lois reunion

Fantastic update, keep it up!!!

Comment

Wow! You've got me again. I am so hooked on your stories...I need more! And ooh...what in the world is going to happen when future Clark meets present Lois? Please update soon!!!

Comment

He'll try to keep things the same, but will it work? After all, when he see's Lois again, who knowsd what his reaction will be.

Wonderful so far. More, please?

Comment

Wow, another great story. Keep updating, this is great.

Comment

Cool story! More please!

Comment

Originally posted by MariVe
                      I always hate the fact that Clark was going to outlive Lois, is just I don't know unfair? sad? but well for something they decided to put things that way...

Chloe is a clever cookie there's almost nothing that can pass her intuition..
                      I want to see the whole future Clark and present Lois reunion

Fantastic update, keep it up!!!
                      I'm definitely going to enjoy writing that scene. Hopefully I can get it out early tomorrow... if not tonight.

Originally posted by TeamClois
                      Wow! You've got me again. I am so hooked on your stories...I need more! And ooh...what in the world is going to happen when future Clark meets present Lois? Please update soon!!!
                      As always, I'm super stoked that you're enjoying it.

Originally posted by bloodymary2
                      He'll try to keep things the same, but will it work? After all, when he see's Lois again, who knowsd what his reaction will be.

Wonderful so far. More, please?
                      I think Clark is going to find a way to work it out.

Originally posted by kena02
                      Wow, another great story. Keep updating, this is great.
                      Writing more right after I post this.

Originally posted by Miray
                      Cool story! More please!
                      Glad you like it

Comment

Really good. But are things going to change when future Clark saves Lois. Present Clark was still in his 'no Clark Kent' phase and saving her brought him out of it. Also what is he going to see in the future?

This is really interesting, can't wait for more.

Comment

Originally posted by KatherineKent
                          Really good. But are things going to change when future Clark saves Lois. Present Clark was still in his 'no Clark Kent' phase and saving her brought him out of it. Also what is he going to see in the future?

This is really interesting, can't wait for more.
                          We're probably going to hear about PClark's experience at the end of the story. This one follows FClark so when the switch occurs we get to hear both sides. I'm going to roll with the idea that even if things change then FClark can find a way to set it right. Let's see how that goes I'm glad you're enjoying it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 3~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clark stood on the roof of LuthorCorp tower, an odd expression on his face. This was the place he had been when he had heard the train and he still planned on maintaining the time-line... as much as he could anyway.

He figured his younger self was busy being briefed on what needed to be done. The League would make sure that events go according to plan, leaving as little unchanged as possible. His mere presence was already a concern.

His eyes were intent on the rail, and when he saw the train barreling forward he sprung into action. There were days that he would still leap, but when his feet impacted the ground he took to flight. He remember the first time he flew... or floated, with Lois in his arms. He dropped the thought, not needing the distraction.

Carefully, he placed himself between the train and the ground, lowering the nose. He had tried to prepare himself, but when he looked up what he felt was indescribable. Seeing her face again caused a rush of euphoria. Lois.

His wife, the mother of his children. One day. Several years ago in his mind. He told his legs to step back, but they disobeyed and he remained footed firmly to the ground. She was unconscious. Instinct dictated that he remove her from the threat. Follow your gut, Clark.

Then he was inside the train, kneeling down and pulling her up into his arms. The memory of her was so clear it was as though he had seen her yesterday. He was gentle, lifting her in his arms. There was only one safe place that was nearby and he took her straight there.

Chloe, as usual, was working when he stepped into Watchtower. “She's going to see you, Clark.” Chloe waved her hand up and down, indicating to his outfit.

“It will be fine. She finds out soon enough.” Don't change things... But he found himself unable to leave. I didn't think it would be this hard. Seeing her again. An unwanted voice spoke from behind him.

“If it isn't the Mrs.” Clark found himself grinding his teeth together at the sound of Theo's voice.

“Watch it, Martian.” He turned and shot a menacing look behind him. The Martian was currently cuffed to one of the rails by the wall. He was an annoyance, but they had to deal with him until the ring produced a second transmitter.

The irritant was forgotten as Clark turned his attention back to Lois, laying her on the couch. He touched a hand to her cheek, his breath catching. “You've had lots of bad ideas, Clark, but this one might be your best bad idea yet.” He muttered to himself, staring intently at the female in front of him. She started to stir and he knew he had another opportunity to leave.

“Clark?” The word came out as a hushed whisper and Clark felt a smile tug at his lips. She wasn't even fully awake yet and it was his name she called. Her eyes opened and he remained, his hand moving to her shoulder.

“Lois.” Forget the time-line. The League and the Legion were going to be pissed, but Clark would fix as much as he could before he left. Her eyes were on him now and the utter confusion in her gaze had Clark leaning closer. “You're safe.”

“For now.” His no-kill rule was being pushed to the boundaries as the Martian spoke up once again. Clark rolled his eye.

“Chloe. Knock him out with something.” A bat would be preferable, but he knew she would probably just inject him with a sedative.

Lois watched the exchange, her eyes darting between Clark, Chloe, and some guy handcuffed to the wall. “Where'd the Daily Planet go?” Clark's memory was working in overdrive. She thought she should be at the planet, since she didn't remember her time in the future.

“Lois, you've been missing for three weeks.” Chloe spoke up while Clark stayed silent. He didn't trust himself to speak to her. What if he said the wrong things? Changed the future for the worse. The things he had changed already were going to be difficult to set right. Before he went back he would have to talk to his younger self, set the path.

“What?” Lois started to sit up, but Clark placed a restraining hand on her shoulder.
                          “Wait. You have a concussion.” Facts. He could talk facts. Facts and strategy all day long. But even as he tried to convince himself there was no way he could leave her side for the next six days.

“You look older, Smallville.” Don't break down, Clark. It was a constant inner struggle not to pick her up, take her to the farm, and reunite with her in ways that... well that just weren't appropriate for their current relationship. “And what the hell are you wearing?”

Comment

Lois always did have the best lines!!! Thank you for another wonderful chapter! I really enjoyed her comment at the end, but it was Clark’s reaction to seeing her again that had me grinning like crazy!!!

And ooh boy, now that she’s awake, how will Clark explain himself? Not only that, but how will he be able to control his urges - his cravings for Lois who also happens to be his wife? What’s poor Clark to do when a part of him wants to rip her clothes off & have his way with her while the other wants to maintain order & the consistency of the current timeline? He’s got quite the dilemma on his hands, but I hope during his six day stay in the past some of his dreams will come true. It would definitely give him something to hold on to when he has to return to his Lois-less world alone. So sad.

Please update soon. I'm anxious to see what's instore for future Clark & present Lois & what's going to happen between Clois once everything is back to normal.

Comment

Great update! Future-Clark is seriously messing with the time-line, but I guess it could make things better! PPMS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎