Collapse
No announcement yet.

Secret Circle (The CW) - Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised to see some CW stars from canceled shows pop up, the CW tends to do that quite a bit. I could see Brittany Robertson as Diana, she would be quite good. And actually Austin Butler, who played Jones on LUX, would be a good Adam. Ethan Peck has been "my" Nick since I read the books, he's got the right look, he can do broody, he's a great actor, totally perfect. I think Cassie will be hard to cast, I honestly can't really think of anyone that's the "perfect" Cassie.

Comment

I like Ethan Peck as Nick...I can definitely see that.

Comment

Originally posted by flyflyaway
        I wouldn't be surprised to see some CW stars from canceled shows pop up, the CW tends to do that quite a bit. I could see Brittany Robertson as Diana, she would be quite good. And actually Austin Butler, who played Jones on LUX, would be a good Adam. Ethan Peck has been "my" Nick since I read the books, he's got the right look, he can do broody, he's a great actor, totally perfect. I think Cassie will be hard to cast, I honestly can't really think of anyone that's the "perfect" Cassie.
        I see Brittany roberstson as Cassie not Diana...

Austin Butler...I can't see as Adam....

----- Added 51 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by WickedJenn
        Ooh Secret Circle series, I'm in the midst of these books right now. I like them a lot and I'm excited to see how they develop this, I only hope it's as good as TVD!

I love the books!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by WickedJenn
        I like Ethan Peck as Nick...I can definitely see that.
        Yeah, I think he would work.
        Last edited by Sugar; 02-10-2011, 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Most likely...Supernatural > this new crap.

But, in regards to promotion...this new crap > Supernatural on CW's mind.

Comment

Someone is still bitter over the preemption lol.

I would like to see Austin Butler, but Britt Robertson not so much.

Comment

Maybe partially, but I'm saying that just because I've recently read the pilots the CW ordered, and they all sound so lame, even this actually(maybe it's because it's from the same dude/dudette/whoever who created Vampire Diaries, which I still think is dumb, lol).

I mean...let's take this for example...Awakening? Two sisters coming together during a zombie outbreak? Hahahaha...the CW's version of zombies will most likely be wearing Prada.

Comment

I am all for witches. Hehe.

So glad the pilot got picked up. We know that there will for sure be spots open (one on Wednesday -- and one Friday). And if OTH ends then that gives a 3rd spot. The network needs some genra show to take over SV, IMO.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the CW will obviously renew Gossip Girl. 90210, though, isn't too great with ratings(but the show never was but still received a renewal last season), so, who knows...Tuesday should stay the way it is with OTH and Hellcats...Wednesday needs a spot, or, if they're smarter than usual, they should move that model show for summer only to give a break for two news shows on Weds., and of course Friday's spot that was for Smallville, but, I can't really see any new pilot that's good enough to be paired with Supernatural. Most likely, it'll be Nikita as this witch show will most likely be paired with Vampire Diaries.

Comment

Secret Circle has a great chance to get picked up if you look at the other pilots. Plus it's now involved Kevin Williamson, which considering the popularity of TVD, it's a very very good sign. If it's picked up, it will 100% be paired with TVD on Thursdays, no question about it. TVD sucessfully launched Nikita this year, and it will be expected to do the same for another show next year. Nikita will move to Fridays with Supernatural.

The only other pilot I forsee maybe having a chance is Hart of Dixie, considering it's a Josh Schwartz project, and if Rachel Bilson does get the lead that's a pretty good casting coup for the CW. They don't usually get big names that have a decent fan following.

But other than that the other pilots sound like the usual drivel that the CW greenlights...and then it never sees the light of day.

I'm just so anxious to see who they cast for Secret Circle! I'm fairly sure that most of the cast will be "unknowns", like TVD cast was, with maybe one major name, like Ian Somerhalder was, to get more buzz for the show. But Kevin seems to really enjoy finding those new actors that he can mold and shape and help make a career for.

Comment

Hopefully the SV/SPN combo fans still come to watch Supernatural when Nikita take's SV's spot.

Comment

Only time will tell. I just want some supernatural element-like shows to be picked up!

Comment

looks like a lot of you would be happy to hear that Brittany Robertson has been cast as an unknown character in the Secret Circle. I hope she is Diana than Cassie but she was awesome as Lux but still couldn't keep the viewers wanting more. I'm happy to see her as Cassie but I really don't see it, i want her as Diana if i have to be honist, but still good news. the news comes from EW.com

Brittany Robertson now has a back-up plan.

She’s been cast in The CW’s promising supernatural pilot Secret Circle.

The casting is in “second position” to Robertson’s starring role on Life Unexpected, which is on the bubble for renewal. The CW has not yet decided on the show’s fate and casting actors in a new project when their current series is still part on a network’s lineup is increasingly common this time of year. Still, the casting could in theory impact the fate of Unexpected if The CW loves the Secret Circle pilot (and Robertson in it), and decides that new project is a better fit than Unexpected for one of its fall slots.

Secret Circle is based on a series of books by author L.J. Smith about a young woman who moves to a new town and discovers that not only is she a witch and part of a secret coven, but she’s also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil. It’s from Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios.

Comment

Here are more character details - this sounds cool!

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

I think it's so funny that someone recommended Britt Robertson for Secret Circle here in the thread and then she turned out to be!
                            Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-17-2011, 04:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

i know, and thanks for that, do you have the discriptions for sally, melissa and thomas as well? or just them? i'm intrested in seeing who they are and what they bring to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by LexGossip
                                looks like a lot of you would be happy to hear that Brittany Robertson has been cast as an unknown character in the Secret Circle. I hope she is Diana than Cassie but she was awesome as Lux but still couldn't keep the viewers wanting more. I'm happy to see her as Cassie but I really don't see it, i want her as Diana if i have to be honist, but still good news. the news comes from EW.com

Yay!!! Great news!! Though sad about Life Unexpected...

----- Added 40 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by LexGossip
                                The reason I see Britt more a Cassie then Diane is that I see Diane being played by someone more elegant. Britt is good at playing sweet and edgy and girl next door and tough, which would work perfect for Cassie. Diane needs to be someone that is more elegant and "shiny". Sorry, I couldn't find another word for what I'm picturing.
                                Last edited by Sugar; 02-17-2011, 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎