Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Napoleon Dynamite: The Animated Series (FOX)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napoleon Dynamite: The Animated Series (FOX)

they are making a cartoon based on the movie. ive seen the movie a bunch of time and im still wondering if i like it or not lol. not sure if this will work or not. feels similar to when they made Clarks The Animated Series.

Get ready for all those obnoxious quotes from 2004 to make a resurgence: Fox has ordered a six-episode cartoon series of the inexplicably popular flick 'Napoleon Dynamite.'

According to the Live Feed, the original cast members -- including star Jon Heder -- will be lending their voices to the cartoon. 'Simpsons' veteran Mike Scully, along with Jared and Jerusha Hess, are writing and executive producing the project.
    Adding OD per EW:

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE
    Based on the hit film, NAPOLEON DYNAMITE is an animated series that follows the continuing adventures of America’s most awesome awkward teenager and his quirky family and friends as they struggle to navigate small-town life in rural Idaho. The original cast from the film – Jon Heder, Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirez, Tina Majorino, Sandy Martin, Jon Gries and Diedrich Bader – will voice their characters in the series, and many new characters will be added along the way. NAPOLEON DYNAMITE (Heder) is a 16-year-old boy convinced – for no apparent reason – that he is destined for greatness and blessed with unlimited “sweet abilities.” He spends his days practicing ninja moves, drawing ligers, soul dancing and bragging about his “girlfriend in Oklahoma” whom nobody has ever seen. Napoleon’s brother, KIP (Ruell), is an unemployed 32-year-old who lives at home and believes he would be an amazing catch for any girl who would respond to his online come-ons. The Dynamite brothers live with GRANDMA (Martin), a crusty woman who can often be found four-wheeling with her lady friends at the local sand dunes. Napoleon’s allies include PEDRO (Ramirez), his unflappable best friend who has recently been elected class president; and DEB (Majorino), an incredibly sweet girl who sees the good in Napoleon and dreams of someday being his wife. Napoleon’s UNCLE RICO (Gries) lives out of an orange custom van, where he obsesses over his botched high school football career and dreams up ways to become rich and famous. Then there’s REX KWON DO (Bader), a self-proclaimed martial-arts master who runs the local dojo. Guest voices in the debut season include Jennifer Coolidge (“American Pie,” “Legally Blonde”), Sam Rockwell (“Choke”) and Jemaine Clement (“Flight of the Conchords”).

Airs Sunday nights at 8:30 P.M. EST beginning mid-season.
    Last edited by WickedJenn; 07-19-2011, 07:50 PM.

Jon Heder could've done better stuff with his career where did it stall?

The movie was an abomination. I'm skeptical to say the least but Fox has been somewhat fair with their animation now

Comment

Well I LOVED the movie and can never not rewatch it when it's on. I can't wait to see all of the nutjobs ala animation on television.

Comment

ill watch it i like most of fox animated shows, except American Dad. I cant stand that show lol

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎