Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon - New Wonder Woman TV Series (The CW)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon - New Wonder Woman TV Series (The CW)

The first 71 or so pages of this thread are about the 2011 Wonder Woman TV pilot by David E. Kelley for NBC that didn't go anywhere. For discussion of the CW project Amazon, it all starts here.

Wonder Woman might be returning to TV in a new series created and envisioned by David E. Kelley.

Kelley isn't the first person I'd think of for a project like this, but still, the idea of a new Wonder Woman on TV sounds like a great one... especially if someone like Bridget Regan is cast. Thoughts? Let's hear 'em.
    Last edited by KSiteTV; 09-08-2012, 12:03 PM.

Oooh I just heard about this, it sounds great! I hope they go through with this series; I'm sure it will help fill the large void Smallville will leave when it's over.

Comment

nah, because of the restrictions they have, WW better imo when she's teamed up with Bats or Supes. If would be interesting as a mini-series however, modern-take though is usually a gamble and has potential to go wrong like WW getting high or tweeting or something or the drama that's was seen on SV throughout the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicus
        nah, because of the restrictions they have, WW better imo when she's teamed up with Bats or Supes. If would be interesting as a mini-series however, modern-take though is usually a gamble and has potential to go wrong like WW getting high or tweeting or something or the drama that's was seen on SV throughout the years.
        Nothing against Smallville producers, I am happy they not getting the project. If WW does make it to TV I don't want to see an angst filled Diana Prince, or even worse having Diana have a male BFF who is created for the show be shoehorned into her hero duties dumbing her down.

Comment

The original WW gave us Lynda Carter. That alone is worth a shot at a re-do, as long as they don't use that aweful costume that the comics are using now. Plus, wouldn't it be cool to have Welling do a guest spot as Supes?

Comment

There's been Wonder talk for years with no result, so I greet this news by saying "TV show or it didn't happen." (Let's not hold our breath in other words.) It's like execs get screwy when it comes to Woman. This could mean Wonder is the only super hero portrayal these grown men actually care about and they want to get it right, or it could mean she's the one they care least about and they keep shelving her for that reason. Eh.

David Kelley...... Watching Ally McBeal, I was always saying the only thing missing from the show was some lasso action.
            Last edited by InactiveUserID; 10-01-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

I've seen a lot of Kelley's shows like The Practice and Ally McBeal, it would be interesting how he'll approach a superhero show.

Comment

Even though I'd be all over this like stars on Diana's spangled butt, my cynicism about viewer support is at an all-time high. I don't think I could take getting behind a new WW show just to have it tank.

Comment

The movie comes out in 2012 now apparently... can they do both?

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                    Nothing against Smallville producers, I am happy they not getting the project. If WW does make it to TV I don't want to see an angst filled Diana Prince, or even worse having Diana have a male BFF who is created for the show be shoehorned into her hero duties dumbing her down.
                    Yep

Comment

Originally posted by dash142
                      The movie comes out in 2012 now apparently... can they do both?
                      Warner Bros. has misfired so many times on a Wonder Woman feature I think a TV show might be a better bet anyway. I doubt that a feature could be cast, completed, and out by 2012 anyway... like how many years has a Flash movie been in development?

Or I'm hoping, 'cause I'm a TV guy.

Comment

Yeah I agree the T.V would be better, espicially if they actualy have her wear the tights. (The real ones, not the crap she's wearing in the comics right now.)

Comment

Produces zero buzz for me, I'm afraid - they should go for a Justice League or Nightwing show.

Comment

maybe i will watch it if wonder woman is Erica Durance...

Comment

A Wonder Woman in modern time or a Wonder Woman in world wars two like the first saison with Linda Carter? i'm curious

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎