No announcement yet.

No Ordinary Family (ABC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Ordinary Family (ABC)

ABC pilot about a super-powered family headed by The Shield's Michael Chiklis as the dad and with Dexter's Julie Benz as the mom.

More details are at http://tinyurl.com/ksiteno, but here's the network's official description:

The Powells are pretty much your average, everyday American family. That is until their plane crashes in the Amazon jungle. After that, well, let's just say the Powells are a little less ordinary.

Jim is a frustrated police sketch artist married to Stephanie, a brilliant and successful scientist. Although they still love each other, their marriage has lost some of its spark. All of that changes, though, when Stephanie takes Jim and their two teenage kids along on a research trip to the Amazon. The Powell's plane crashes into a swampy river; they manage to escape, but, their pilot, unfortunately, isn't so lucky.

As the Powells gratefully return to their old lives, they are shocked to discover that they have suddenly developed some rather extraordinary abilities. Jim is super strong with amazing reflexes. Stephanie can suddenly move at lightning speed. Daphne can hear everyone's thoughts – including those of her 16-year-old-boyfriend, ick! Then there's JJ, who miraculously goes from clueless to brainiac, seemingly overnight. The Powells are reinvigorated by their new powers, but they quickly discover that the toughest challenges may be the most ordinary ones. Sure, they can stop criminals, but all the super powers in the world can't fix emotional problems. The Powells better get their act together, soon, though, because that pilot they left for dead at the bottom of a river... he just woke up.

From Brother & Sisters' Greg Berlanti and Jon Feldman comes a wild new dramedy about a totally relatable family who just happen to be a little bit amazing.

Cast:
    Michael Chiklis as Jim Powell
    Julie Benz as Stephanie Powell
    Jimmy Bennett as JJ Powell
    Kay Panabaker as Daphne Powell
    Romany Malco as George St. Cloud
    Autumn Reeser as Katie Andrews
    Christina Chang as Det. Yvonne Cho

They'll announce in May if it's actually happening. Right now I think I like the concept of The Cape on NBC better; I also don't know if I like the title; it makes me think of Modern Family which is a good series but the titles are easily confused.

A couple thoughts why does michael chiklis have superstrength I mean they may as well make him his fantastic four character again if they are gonna give him the same power. the last name powell makes me think of the show charles in charge
    Daphne with the powers of matt parkman from heroes reminds me of heroes and how annoyed I was when they killed off that show's daphne. And leaving the pilot for dead only for him to return can't the show come up with a better way to find a villian then the old I was left for dead and now I want revenge story.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite

They'll announce in May if it's actually happening. Right now I think I like the concept of The Cape on NBC better; I also don't know if I like the title; it makes me think of Modern Family which is a good series but the titles are easily confused.
      I also was thinking "Modern Family" when I saw the title of this show.

I think eveyone will be going to the swamp river to get powers.

I do like the shows plot. I will be watching it if it airs.
      Last edited by targis; 03-26-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

ABC's ordered it for their Fall schedule!

Comment

I'll at least tune in for the airing of the pilot episode since It sound like with the right writers it could be good plus it has julie benz who I think is very beautiful.

Comment

Sounds suspiciously like a live-action version of "The Incredibles". I'll give it a shot if it doesn't conflict with my other shows.

Comment

Here's the promotional trailer.

I was a little lukewarm on the first half; felt it was kind of generic looking to be honest. But once the superpowers kick in I really started to like it. I still think I'd rather see an actual comic as a TV series, like Fantastic Four, and I still hate the name.

Also recently posted on KSiteTV - Promo images!

Comment

not bad, anything with Superheroes I'm down for, but I'm gunshy about liking any new show in case it gets pulled. Plus what's the central conflict? besides they have powers and need to adjust is someone after them? will there be others like them? Is there gonna be a Sylar-like character? What???

Comment

Not sure about this yet. And I think it would have been better to do a live-action Fantastic Four show. It has the family dynamic and supervillains and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by dru-zod2501
                    not bad, anything with Superheroes I'm down for, but I'm gunshy about liking any new show in case it gets pulled. Plus what's the central conflict? besides they have powers and need to adjust is someone after them? will there be others like them? Is there gonna be a Sylar-like character? What???
                    I know from reading the script that there is a bad guy, but I don't know where they're going with it.

Comment

Again, "The Incredibles"...that trailer looked really interesting maybe I'll watch it if they put it on-demand the day after each episode.

So what is with all the "superhero" themed shows popping up for the fall? I won't be surprised if the other big networks get on the band wagon.

Comment

Hmm do you know if this is what they showed during commercials for the Vampire Diaries finale? I remember liking the preview, and it did mention that it would be on ABC family, though I don't remember the name of the series.
                        ---
                        Just watched the trailer. This doesn't look like the one I saw. Damnit. It was about witches or something.
                        Last edited by LuthorKent90; 05-18-2010, 08:48 PM.

Comment

I just watched the latest promo, I really like it, it seems very well produced and should be (IMO) be awesome.

Comment

Smallville's Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer join No Ordinary Family!

Comment

Thanks Craig

I just watched the preview and it looks really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎