No announcement yet.

Charlie's Angels (2011)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie's Angels (2011)

Another TV classic is being revisited, according to Variety.

Of shows that would be a "good idea" or a "bad idea" to remake, I think Charlie's Angels might be in the "good idea" category. The series had always been about legacy, either in the original TV series or in the movies, and the general concept - three attractive P.I.'s - never really goes out of style. I'd go so far as to put Charlie's Angels on the list of shows that I think should and could be touched upon again (though Dallas - which is also a possibility for a return on TNT - is my #1).

Josh Friedman of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles fame is exec-producing and writing it. I'll be watching, since anyone knows me knows how I love TV revivals. As long as it remembers what made the original work and doesn't try to make it serious, it could do well. (Knight Rider, I still think failed because they tried adding an ensemble cast and make it "good.")

Cool Drew Barrymore is one of the exec. producer. I was hoping she'll be one of the Angels because I love her as an actress and she'd bring some comedic relief on the show but that's probably not going to happen. I'm dreading that it's on ABC. They normally cancel a lot of shows :P So hope this one stays strong all the way because I'd be sure watching it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fugoukakusha
      Cool Drew Barrymore is one of the exec. producer. I was hoping she'll be one of the Angels because I love her as an actress and she'd bring some comedic relief on the show but that's probably not going to happen. I'm dreading that it's on ABC. They normally cancel a lot of shows :P So hope this one stays strong all the way because I'd be sure watching it.
      I thought the article said it was being developed by abc's production company but didn't have a network to air it yet meaning it might not air on abc though I could have read it wrong. I just hope it doesn't end up on fox the network known for cancelled shows.

Comment

They might as well put it in the CW cause they're becoming the tv remake channel and the series would cater to the female demographic. Besides Dawn *what's her name* would jump at the opportunity to get rid of Smallville ASAP, if it meant replacing a far better show with something like Charlie's Angel.

*Just like in movies, the original will always surpass the remake. It's going to be no different*

Comment

Sounds cool, but I'm with you, Craig. The Dallas- revival is also my #1!!

Comment

It depends on who they cast...

Comment

^^ it really does. I'm looking forward to hearing some news about that

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                They might as well put it in the CW cause they're becoming the tv remake channel and the series would cater to the female demographic. Besides Dawn *what's her name* would jump at the opportunity to get rid of Smallville ASAP, if it meant replacing a far better show with something like Charlie's Angel.

*Just like in movies, the original will always surpass the remake. It's going to be no different*
                You know what though? A CW Charlie's Angels could actually work. As long as the three women aren't "rich easy girls" like you see on the rest of the network and they instead embrace the whole female-empowerment thing.

It could be a multi-gender hit if they got the right cast. I think part of what made say Buffy successful is yeah it had a strong female lead and romance aspects for women, but also, guys found SMG (and to some, Alyson Hannigan too) very appealing, plus they liked the adventure aspects.

Comment

In researching and curiosity about the probable remake I found out some names that people have thrown out *suggestions only*, but: Kristen Bell, Felicia Day and Summer Glau.

Who would you guys like to see in the cast?
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-15-2009, 11:52 AM.

Comment

im really hoping this will rock and i for one would say that Kristen Bell, Felicia Day and Summer Glau would rock on this show. maybe even Eliza Dushku and Miricle Laurie!
                    Last edited by LexGossip; 11-15-2009, 11:22 AM.

Comment

People loooove a good spy-like show. We haven't had one in a while. Minus Burn Notice. I hope it gets picked up.

Comment

Smallville's Al Gough & Miles Millar give it another go.

Comment

Wow, I hadn't heard about a remake. That would be awesome! I would definitely check it out. It would fit on CW. But as a few of you have said, it would depend on who they cast and their chemistry. I know 3 or 5 years ago they tried something similar (can't remember the title), but it didn't work out. It was canceled. I think they might have made the girls too groofy.

Comment

It's apparently in the works for ABC, although oddly I agree with you - The CW would be a better fit.

Comment

Is this going to be a mid-season replacement or is it too early to tell?

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

So they're going to drag the story for 10 unnecessary seasons (if they last longer than 2 seasons if at all)?
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎