The New Doctor Who Logo!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Doctor Who Logo!

What do you think?

Er... it's not the best. It's not terrible, but... I don't know. Seems a bit, what's the word, generic? I've heard people saying its an echo of past logos, but apart from the fact that 'Doctor' is placed on top of 'Who', I see no resemblance.

Comment

I am not a fan

Comment

According to SFX, there is now a revised version (which they show) on the BBC publicity site. This has the "Doctor Who" ("the logo" in BBC brand-speak) written out horizontally (as opposed to the "Doctor" above the "Who" arrangement shown initially), with the DW "police box" ("the insignia") splitting the "Doctor" and "Who". We will have to see what the rules are for usage of the logo and insignia, but this latest arrangement might be aimed at magazine and website mastheads, and it could easily turn out to be the version for the new title sequence (maybe we see the TARDIS turn into the insignia in a sudden "lens flare" that also reveals the logo).

It may be less dramatic than the current version, but after a few hours I'm beginning to warm to it. I have to say that it will probably be a lot easier for the BBC and its licensees to use for merchandising. The lettering on the current logo might be simple enough, but the fiery orange backround must be hard to keep consistent and the elongated oval shape does not suit all applications (I have a copy of "Doctor Who Magazine" beside me, and they have to chop the ends off the logo to fit it on the front cover). The ability to alter the layout of the logo and mix-and-match with the insignia will probably be a great help to designers.

Comment

It's not as colourful and friendly as the current surfboard one.

It'll take some getting used to.

Comment

I like the Tardis version. The plain text is a bit dull.

Comment

When I first saw the actual logo, I was very, "hmmmmmm...". But it is starting to grow on me, and I do prefer it a lot more to the current surfboard logo!

Well, whatever changes we're seeing now, we all know that the overall show is going to be nothing short of brilliant. It is being led by the writer of some of the best episodes of the entire series, after all. How could it not be brilliant?

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎