No announcement yet.

Morena Baccarin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morena Baccarin

Morena is getting some amazing reveiews. When this airs she'll need her own thread. I don't want to offend original followers but she is definitely going to rival Diana.

Yes this is a new take on a beloved character. From the clips it seems that Anna is an entirely different take on Diana. I really loved Jane Badler's overt sexuality which Morena doesn't seem to have (which I'm sure was done on purpose by the actress). Anna seems much more cerebral and cold where Diana was more like a predator. I'm excited to see this new show!! My only wish is that Jane Badler does show up at some point (much like the original Apollo showed up on Battlestar Galactica) even as a different character, I'd love to see her again!!!

Comment

Aside from being amazingly beautiful, Morena Baccarin is a brilliant actress. I've been a fan of hers since Firefly and enjoyed her role on Stargate SG1.

Comment

Morena was made for this role.

When I first heard that there would be a V reboot I was excited and fearful the folks at ABC would screw it up. I have fond memories of the series.

As casting info became available, I became even more hopeful for this series.

I for one am happy that series first choice for Anna (Famke Janssen) did not pan out. Morena was made for this role. She has it all.

Will she rival Diana? Personally, I hope the Anna character is a little more sinister than her counterpart from the old series. Personally, I would like the Lisa (Laura Vandervoort) character to provide some of the sexuality that Diana had.

How about Jane Badler making an apperance as Anna's mother? Or a member resistance? Lots of possibilities.

Anyways, I am bored out of my mind (recovering from a broken upper arm). I suck at paint shop but threw together a new wallpaper for my PC. Kinda crappy (with the arm and all) but thought I would share.

Comment

Would you guys like it if I already set up a V Characters & Cast subforum?

Comment

Originally posted by MRV
            When I first heard that there would be a V reboot I was excited and fearful the folks at ABC would screw it up. I have fond memories of the series.

As casting info became available, I became even more hopeful for this series.

I for one am happy that series first choice for Anna (Famke Janssen) did not pan out. Morena was made for this role. She has it all.

Will she rival Diana? Personally, I hope the Anna character is a little more sinister than her counterpart from the old series. Personally, I would like the Lisa (Laura Vandervoort) character to provide some of the sexuality that Diana had.

How about Jane Badler making an apperance as Anna's mother? Or a member resistance? Lots of possibilities.

Anyways, I am bored out of my mind (recovering from a broken upper arm). I suck at paint shop but threw together a new wallpaper for my PC. Kinda crappy (with the arm and all) but thought I would share.

cool pic. the link didn't work though. love the red satin!

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite

Yes, that would be great

Comment

K-Site, I'm putting together a thread over the weekend
                that I hope will reintroduce the original cast and kind of
                give some background history and present biography.
                I hope that no one beats me to this...I have some
                pretty good ideas for a thread. This would be for new
                fans that wouldn't have to go searching all over for
                information. It will be cool if no one gets there first.

Comment

Whoops wrong address!

Comment

I also think that's a great idea.

As for Morena, can't say I was excited when she was cast in the show since I've never seen her in anything but from the trailers and promotional stills I have to say she creeps the **** out of me and to me that's doing her job. I can't wait for this show!

Comment

I wonder if Morena and Alan will get some of the other Firefly alum on the project. Summer Glau would make for a creepy lizard lady. Gina Torres has a very stong on screen personality and could be either a resistance fighter or visitor. Perhaps a connection to the Ryan character? Jewel Staite stated on her twitter account that she would make a great guest star. Not sure I see her in this series tho.

In Morena news, her character of Inara Serra was named to the ScienceChannels Top 10 Alien Chicks. Wait till they see her as Anna.

----- Added 1 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Glove
                      K-Site, I'm putting together a thread over the weekend
                      that I hope will reintroduce the original cast and kind of
                      give some background history and present biography.
                      I hope that no one beats me to this...I have some
                      pretty good ideas for a thread. This would be for new
                      fans that wouldn't have to go searching all over for
                      information. It will be cool if no one gets there first.
                      Looking forward to this thread.
                      Last edited by MRV; 05-21-2009, 03:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If they ever went the same way and introduced a starchild, Summer Glau would be perfect for that part.

Then again best staying clear for the series going down that root.
                        Last edited by Peace; 05-22-2009, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Here are some Morena Baccarin press interviews where she talks about "Anna" plus her own experience with watching the original series:

Comment

I didn't know much about Morena before I found out she'd be in V (even though, I've been told for forever to watch Firefly and just haven't gotten the chance yet) and I have to say that I've been very impressed with her.

Those interviews shows her to be very well-spoken and that says a lot to me.

Looking forward to seeing her as Anna!

Comment

just think Famke Janssen was up for Anna wonder how that would of turned out

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎