No announcement yet.

#1-15: "Fly By Knight"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1-15: "Fly By Knight"

You know the drill: Count down to the episode's airing and discuss the show LIVE with other fans as it airs! (Really. You know you want to!)

As a special bonus this week, some preview images on KITTSite: http://www.kittsite.com/flybyknightgallery1.htm

Enjoy!

Pretty good episode tonight, the story and plot was very classic knight rider feel. The crash plot and kidnapping was well plotted. And the DEA agents were good and The acting all around was pretty decent. Loved the classic mustang transformation on kitt that was pretty good. Cant wait to see next week's episode.

Comment

This was a very well-done episode, and I love that they're including more humor between Mike and KITT. I still wish they'd have kept Charles alive, because then the whole thing would be great. Still, this new approach to the series is a welcome change from all the sexual crap that infested several of the earlier episodes. Next week's show looks to be heading a bit more in that direction; I hope the trailer for it was misleading.

Comment

I think tonights episode may have been my favorite so far the one thing I could think of to make it better though would have been kitt turning into a trans am when the decided to go old school instead of the old mustang but it worked with the show.

Comment

^I second that. I had hoped for a TransAm transformation, too.

All in all I enjoyed the episode but two things bugged me:

1. those machine guns at the end. They looked exactly like the ones the batmobile had in the first Batman movie. While they fitted the role in that case, I find them completely out of place with KITT. Granted, he didn't kill the man, but why have those weapons in a car whose primary directive is the preservation of human life at all costs?

2. KITT's interaction with Mike has definitely improved but KITT's personality changes are too fast and this "I can decide for myself" angle sounds too KARRis to me.

Besides these two complaints, I think the writers and GST have been doing a very good job in the last three episodes in changing this series and making it more similar to the original. As I wrote last week, this is what it should have been from the beginning. Let's hope for a season 2!

Comment

I liked it overall, but I have to agree about the guns. Both KITT's and Michael's. Not only was it completely out of place, but I thought it disrupted the moral. I mean you're a kid and you just see the heroes shooting guns very recklessly, and then you get told "it won't bring your dad back" to shoot him. It makes it just like the old saying "do what I say, not what I do". It may be just me, that kind of hypicriticism makes anything said meaningless.

All that being said, this episode did have some great moments in it. The "lover's spat" between KITT and Michael was hillarious as was the stepping on the brakes.

Granted KITT's use was much more reckless, but it bugs me that Michael had one too. It would've been more effective for me if he'd gotten someone's guns away from them. The original rarely used a gun, and he never carried one.

Comment

[QUOTE=GuardianAngel;4461093]^I second that. I had hoped for a TransAm transformation, too.

All in all I enjoyed the episode but two things bugged me:

1. those machine guns at the end. They looked exactly like the ones the batmobile had in the first Batman movie. While they fitted the role in that case, I find them completely out of place with KITT. Granted, he didn't kill the man, but why have those weapons in a car whose primary directive is the preservation of human life at all costs?

Unfortunately, the show is sponsored by Ford, so I have an inkling we won't be seeing any Trans Am.
              It doesn't really make any more sense for the Batmobile to have machine guns, because Batman doesn't kill. The BatPod had guns on it, but they were only used to shoot holes in doors & windows & things. Superheroes do cause a lot of property damage, don't they?

Comment

I really like the direction that the show has taken. This show was very well done. The interaction between KITT and Michael, the humor, the action. It all worked out. There are many reasons for KITT to have machine guns, that do not include killing other people. Next week looks good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianAngel
                  Those machine guns...fit the role in that case, [but] I find them completely out of place with KITT. Granted, he didn't kill the man, but why have those weapons in a car whose primary directive is the preservation of human life at all costs?
                  Well, if you go by the original 1982 pilot episode "Knight of the Phoenix", Devon specifically tells Michael that the first KITT's primary rule was preserving his life, not just people at random. The Foundation does help people, but they also fight criminals, and sometimes that means opening fire, be it in self-defense or otherwise. Besides, the new KITT didn't even hit the guy; he just blew out the windshield.

Comment

KITT: Don't worry, Sarah. I got this.
                    (communication ends)
                    Sarah (to herself): Mike and Kitt have been spending way too much time together.

Another funny part:
                    Mike: "Get your nerd on, Billy." lol (what made it funnier was that we didn't see Mike as he said it, just his voice on the phone)

And a corny one in the teaser right before the opening credits:

KITT: Isn't that what we get paid to figure out?
                    Mike: You get paid?

Best ep in a while for me (I wasn't too big a fan of the two eps before this one). Some of the best Kitt/Mike interplay in the entire series was right here in this episode. Kitt was the "snootiest" he's ever been (as per Mike's own words). lol I liked the part where Kitt stopped the car fast on Mike to let him know what "changing the subject" really meant, heh. Cool filming/directing/editing and music/scoring throughout also added to the fun of this episode.

Mike: Epic rescue, Kitt.
                    KITT: Thank you, Michael.

Fun scene/rescue. Has Kitt always called him Michael? I can't recall...seems more and more he's being called Michael instead of Mike by others, especially in this ep. Or maybe I haven't been paying enough attention...

Some shameless Ford advertising in this, notably a big fat zoom-in on the Ford logo in one scene early on...

One question: Why did Mike talk down that kid from blowing away the guy that killed his father? Lol it's not like anything would have happened to the kid--because well he's a kid. Perfect chance for justice/revenge or whatever you want to call it...I mean who among us WOULDN'T pull the trigger given that situation? Didn't buy it. Another criticism I had was also to do with the kid, he seemed to care an awful lot about Mike and Kitt, yet he only just met them. There wasn't the proper development for some of the reactions we got out of our over-excited little friend... Cheesy. heh

Anyway once again really enjoyable ep.

9/10
                    Last edited by Xanderman; 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the whole talking down part was to give the story a moral for kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderman

One question: Why did Mike talk down that kid from blowing away the guy that killed his father? Lol it's not like anything would have happened to the kid--because well he's a kid. Perfect chance for justice/revenge or whatever you want to call it...I mean who among us WOULDN'T pull the trigger given that situation? Didn't buy it. Another criticism I had was also to do with the kid, he seemed to care an awful lot about Mike and Kitt, yet he only just met them. There wasn't the proper development for some of the reactions we got out of our over-excited little friend... Cheesy. heh

Anyway once again really enjoyable ep.

9/10
                        Are you serious? Do you think Mike should have encouraged a child to pop a cap in someones head? Does being a kid make murder acceptable? Just because he would be protected by the young offenders act, does not give a kid the right to do what ever he pleases, especially murder. Give your head a shake dude!! Mike and Kitt are the good guys!! Good guys don't kill unless necessary. Besides, I think a better revenge would be to let buddy rot in jail, possibly to become cell mates with a dude looking for a new
                        b!tch.

On another note...I too was totally expecting to see Kitt transform into a Trans-Am. That would of been wicked cool!! Ford would probably not allow that...Those bastards!! I am a hardcore KR fan who grew up with the Hoff! I hope they can at somepoint in the series convince ford to let Kitt change into the Trans. It also bothers me that all vehicles in this show are Fords. The Focus that Zoe was driving, the explorer the bad guys drove and the blue woody-wagon aerostar that was highjacked by them. Total stupidity!! I would think that ford would realize that viewers would notice this and realize people might not buy Fords because of the irritation factor of this. Also, the first commercial of every break is the ford commercial that starts with a black F-150 that looks just like KITT, Ford needs to back off and let other vehicles into the show!! KITT IS A FORD!!!! That is all the advertising they need! Just my 2 cents!!

Overall I loved this ep. The acting seems to be getting better every week and I hope we see more seasons after this one. KR has such a huge fanbase and there are so many opportunities to bring in old school KR lore it would be a shame not to explore those avenues. I would love to see Bonnie (Patricia MacPherson) brought in to help repair a damaged Val Kilmer...I mean KITT. Hoff must be brought in for a multi epi story arc. How cool would it be for KI 2000 and KI 3000 to work together, perhaps to defeat KARR. Just a fanboys wetdream...but Have both KITTs fight both KARRs. Father and son working together would be sweet!!! I know KARR was destroyed a few eps ago...but I can dream can't I?

One man can make a difference, but the 2 men can kick major A$$, especially the HOFF!!

Peace out y'all. WORD.
                        Last edited by SpiderPunk; 02-12-2009, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antithesis
                          I'm pretty sure the whole talking down part was to give the story a moral for kids.
                          The lesson being, if somebody murders your dad, kids, whatever you do, don't murder them back if you have the perfect opportunity. Just say no to revenge. lol

Kid: What about drugs?
                          Lesson Giver: Say no to that, too.
                          Kid: What about unprotected sex?
                          Lesson Giver: Just say no to EVERYTHING, ok kid? Sheesh.

Originally posted by SpiderPunk
                          Are you serious? Do you think Mike should have encouraged a child to pop a cap in someones head? Does being a kid make murder acceptable? Just because he would be protected by the young offenders act, does not give a kid the right to do what ever he pleases, especially murder. Give your head a shake dude!! Mike and Kitt are the good guys!! Good guys don't kill unless necessary. Besides, I think a better revenge would be to let buddy rot in jail, possibly to become cell mates with a dude looking for a new
                          b!tch.
                          Lol part me agrees with you of course, but another part of me, the part of me that demands blood for blood vengeance, says otherwise. heh The kid could have died happy one day knowing that he personally "dealt" with the man that took out his dad when he was young. lol (And I'm not saying Mike should have encouraged him, he just shouldn't have gone out of his way to talk him out of it. Mike should have minded his own damned business. Lol.)

Besides, one day that guy will probably get out of prison. Sure he'll be an old man, but who do you think he might pay a visit? That's right, little Timmy or Danny or whatever he's called.

Older Timmy/Danny/whoever: Why.....WHY!!!
                          Killer: Why do you think? You pointed a gun at me. NOBODY points a gun at me and gets away with it. *BLAM!*

And later, at his funeral...

Mike: Gee whiz Kitt, I guess it wasn't a good idea to let that guy live afterall, eh?
                          Kitt: Tell it to somebody who cares.
                          Last edited by Xanderman; 02-12-2009, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Xanderman, I think Mike stopped him because he knew the recoil from the gun probably would have hit him in the face and severely disfigured him. That would not help his chances of getting laid as a teenager...Mike is all for unprotected sex and just wants the kid to grow up to have lots of it! So Mike did the kid a favor. Besides that kid was a genious. I am sure the whole time buddy was in jail he would be inventing/building some device that would kill him slowly...possibly a testicle removal machine that also breaks kneecaps and then ultimately rips out the beating heart, stuffs that heart full of testicle, then bakes it into a pie..Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, testicle heart pie.

And later, at the funeral...

Mike: Gee wiz KITT, I guess it was a good idea to let that guy live afterall, eh?
                            KITT: Tell it to somebody who cares. Like that kid who is now president of the world famous Testicle Heart Pie Corporation.

----- Added 5 Minutes later -----

BTW Xanderman, you laugh out loud a lot! Do you live in an apartment? Do your neighbors complain? LOL.
                            Last edited by SpiderPunk; 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Xanderman, I think Mike stopped him because he knew the recoil from the gun probably would have hit him in the face and severely disfigured him. That would not help his chances of getting laid as a teenager...Mike is all for unprotected sex and just wants the kid to grow up to have lots of it! So Mike did the kid a favor.
                              Hahaha

And later, at the funeral...

Mike: Gee wiz KITT, I guess it was a good idea to let that guy live afterall, eh?
                              KITT: Tell it to somebody who cares. Like that kid who is now president of the world famous Testicle Heart Pie Corporation.

BTW Xanderman, you laugh out loud a lot! Do you live in an apartment? Do your neighbors complain? LOL.
                              Dude you're hilarious. lol Thanks for the laughs.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming...heh.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎