No announcement yet.

Day One (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One (NBC)

Heroes' Jesse Alexander has a new project in the pipeline.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

"NBC has handed a pilot order to "Day One," a futuristic drama from "Heroes" writer-producer Jesse Alexander.

The project, produced by Universal Media Studios, chronicles the aftermath of a global event that devastates the world's infrastructures when a small band of survivors strive to rebuild society and unravel the mysteries of why the event took place and what the future has in store."

Sounds kind of like the BBC's Survivors. What does everyone else think?

Actually sounds really cool. Love the large scale, thought provoking series. Hope this isn't NBC apologizing for Heroes, cuz that would be like them saying that its beyond repair.

Comment

Sounds kind of neat. It'll probably get some bashing from Jericho fans.

Comment

I would give this show a try. Sounds intriguing!

Comment

As much as I liked Jericho, I didn't make the connection until you pointed that out. I guess Survivors was fresher on my mind because I was just watching that the other week.

Comment

Yes....sounds too much like Jericho. So perhaps if they play up the "global event" part which we didnt know about early in Jericho. Otherwise it better have a strong cast and script.

Comment

If it's about a town, it'll be a rip off of Jericho. If it's about country of people and supernatural events start happening, it'll be a rip off of The Stand.

Comment

Alex Graves (who directed the pilot for Fringe) is directing the Day One pilot.

Comment

This actually sounds really cool!

Comment

It is funny because I have never seen a single episode of Jericho, and even I asked myself "Isn't that the same exact plot of Jericho?" after reading the description..

Comment

I've managed to get a hold of more info about Day One (not online) and the Jericho comparison may ultimately be proven moot when and if this actually airs. Jericho seemed to be a bit more of a series about a family in the face of crisis; Day One seems like it'll be a group of people who end up with a connection but they're for the most part total strangers. Some of the characters, I think, will be quite compelling in a LOST sort of way.

I'm pretty hopeful with Jesse Alexander writing - even though Heroes let him go, he did some good work on that show, and also for Alias, which was a great show in its early years especially.

I'll post more a little bit later. But yeah... I think it could be a hit if NBC picks this up. It seems like a much better development season this year with a lot better shows than last year!

Comment

I've only watched parts of Jericho eps but it does sound similar. Premise also has some similarities to Dark Angel, which is good since I loved that. Dark Angel was set in a near future where an electromagnetic pulse turned the U.S. into a third world country overnight.

Nice to hear the Fringe connection for the pilot, love that show too. And the Heroes' producer involvement will no doubt bring along similarities with that show, with the premise of a mysterious global event being similar to the eclipse stuff on heroes causing superpowered people to begin appearing around the world, strangers who ultimately group together in order to try and figure out what it all means and what their purpose is (which this season is apparently to play Prison Break fugitives on the run).
                        Last edited by Xanderman; 03-01-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                          Heroes' Jesse Alexander has a new project in the pipeline.

From the Hollywood Reporter:

"NBC has handed a pilot order to "Day One," a futuristic drama from "Heroes" writer-producer Jesse Alexander.

The project, produced by Universal Media Studios, chronicles the aftermath of a global event that devastates the world's infrastructures when a small band of survivors strive to rebuild society and unravel the mysteries of why the event took place and what the future has in store."

Sounds kind of like the BBC's Survivors. What does everyone else think?
                          Wow, that plot sounds a lot like the book "Alas, Babylon" by Pat Frank (very very good).

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                            I've managed to get a hold of more info about Day One (not online) and the Jericho comparison may ultimately be proven moot when and if this actually airs. Jericho seemed to be a bit more of a series about a family in the face of crisis; Day One seems like it'll be a group of people who end up with a connection but they're for the most part total strangers. Some of the characters, I think, will be quite compelling in a LOST sort of way.

I'm pretty hopeful with Jesse Alexander writing - even though Heroes let him go, he did some good work on that show, and also for Alias, which was a great show in its early years especially.

I'll post more a little bit later. But yeah... I think it could be a hit if NBC picks this up. It seems like a much better development season this year with a lot better shows than last year!
                            The lack of quality, compelling serialized TV from last year's pilot season (which this season's new series are a product of) is a result of the strike, no doubt.

I like this one, because its actually a serialized drama. So much of next year looks like its a lot of comedy shows.

Comment

This sounds like it might be good. If it gets picked up, I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎