No announcement yet.

New Timeslot - Mondays at 9PM

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Timeslot - Mondays at 9PM

Because of the writers' strike, FOX has decided not to air 24 until they have a full season's worth of episodes, which means they've decided also to move Sarah Connor's timeslot... to Mondays at 9.

Also, they have announced that the series premiere will be a 2-parter with the first part airing the night before, on Sunday.

While this means that Sarah Connor will probably get a lot more advertising promotion than it otherwise would have had... I'm sad that it won't have 24 following it. I was also looking forward to a night of Sarah Connor followed by Heroes.

With the writers' strike, Heroes could very well be in repeats at that time... but when it comes back... then what? I have a feeling one favorite might try and knock the favorite off. Thank goodness for DVR, I guess.

I feel a bit of a conflict of interest creating websites for two shows that are up against each other, but that wasn't always the plan.

What does everyone else think of this development? Or does it matter now when two good shows are on at the same time, thanks to the whole video-recording aspect?

On the upside, this could very well be the making of the show, and be quite a big payoff for holding episodes back.

Comment

It will all depend if the strike gets over in time for Heroes to even come back this season. If it doesn't, then great. If it does, then one of these guys is likely to end up moving.

Of course it might not matter. If the writer's strike lasts that long, a lot of people are going to be driven to other forms of entertainment, mainly the internet. And if that happens, a lot more people are going to end up learning how to find and downlaod episodes, even if they don't have Tivo or want to record it on VCR.

This strike may have the unintended consequences of forcing an early move by the consumer to primarily digital entertainment. If John Q Public is forced to gain a little technical knowledge in order to get his daily entertainment fix from the web, it's unlikely that he's going to want to go back to the inconvenience of broadcast television.
      Last edited by JudasAce; 11-08-2007, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the update. As for the strike I don't see it ending just yet. Also I like the idea of it airing the first 2 episodes so close in dates. My concern is that it only has 12 episodes so it may take a while to get going.

Comment

Holy crap, going up against Heroes is a big mistake. I estimate most of the current Heroes watchers will want to watch Terminator, but will forget or not stay up with Terminator because Heroes is so such a success right now.
          Going up against Heroes is a big mistake for FOX.

Comment

I'm completely looking forward to the new Terminator series but, if it has to go up against Heroes, Terminator is getting TIVO'd and watched at 10pm...

At least I won't have to sit through the crappy commercials!

Comment

Well, the writers of this show will make an insane amount of money once they get a piece of the DVD sales. This looks like it is going to be an incredible series. Finally, something other than Football on a Monday night.

Comment

I suspect Fox will move the show from at least the 9PM timeslot, if not from Monday all together. Chuck has a pretty big following, but im not sure how it would compare to this show.
                I suspect Fox moves it to another day of the week.

Comment

Re: New Timeslot - Mondays at 9PM

Mondays 9pm???
                  Aaaaargh, FOX can be so stupid when they really want to be.

Originally posted by KryptonSite
                  I feel a bit of a conflict of interest creating websites for two shows that are up against each other, but that wasn't always the plan.
                  Hehe, don't worry Craig - we forgive you.

Comment

Its definately going to be a conflict of interests for me, I don't have Tivo or a dvr or any of that stuff. I'll probably rely on internet downloads for one or the other. Wish I didn't have to though.

Comment

It will be rough, there is no way I would abandon Heroes, but I would have to watch Sara Conner.
                      This may be where the Network Websites replaying the episodes will come in real handy.
                      Right now I watch Heroes at least twice online, one for the commentary and one regular viewing.
                      My wife catches up with what she misses also that way.

Comment

all i have to say is thank goodness for DVR/TiVo

Comment

NBC actually has pulled Heroes from its winter schedule - so no conflict anymore!

Comment

I really hope that in fall of 08, its not a choice for viewers, watch heroes or terminator, i know i am projecting way in the future, but i hate it when 2 shows i love are on at the same time.
                            I know I have dvr but its not the same.

Comment

I agree with you 100%. Hopefully there won't be a conflict when the time comes that both shows are new.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎