Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Presenting: "Smallville" Autograph Cards!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting: "Smallville" Autograph Cards!!!

I got this idea from attending the local "Star Wars Fan Day" a few days ago, where they gave away promo cards to get signed by the guests. These would ideally serve the same purpose. I made them completely in Photoshop, and here's the few I've done so far (including a closer look at the overall design). They're still in progress, and more will be added, but I wanted to get some general reactions first, especially since Laura Vandervoort will be attending Wizard World Texas in a couple of weeks. Any thoughts?

(11/15/07 - Note: The "bigger preview" link for this image has been removed. The latest update includes every card so far, and another large preview link.)

Last edited by moviefan2k4; 11-15-2007, 01:11 AM.

These are cute.

I'd like to see some more recent pics featured as well.

Comment

Don’t mean to rain on your parade because they are all very cool looking but I think this crosses the line of copyright infringement laws. I could be wrong but most actors won’t sign a picture that is not register or licensed. Especially if they are Getty images, Getty is cracking down on sites and individuals that use their images without consent with huge fines.
      This is just an FYI.

Comment

I don't even know where to find the Getty Company, much less how to get their images. All my shots were obtained from various fansites and message boards. The cards are not licensed, because obviously they haven't yet been made available to anyone. The raw files are still on my PC, and as I said, are in progress.

As for the images themselves, I'd assume they're already licensed by the studio's TV division; otherwise, they'd never have been published anywhere in the first place.

Comment

The initial post has been updated; I look forward to more replies!

Comment

I would still like to see more recent pics of Clark/TW and some of him as Bizarro, the ones you've picked are all early Clark. And as much as we might not like to see Clark always dressed in that blue t-shirt and red jacket, it is his signature look on this show. Oh, and one Chloe/AM look from those promo pics last year.

I like the updated template.

Comment

I wouldn't know where to find any hi-res shots of Tom as Bizarro, and I've looked practically everywhere for a good shot of him in the red/blue combo...nothing.

As for Allison, I'll probably add at least one shot from Season 6, but that'll be it until new photos come out. I'll also be doing cards for Lionel, Jonathan, Martha, and Jimmy Olsen. plus, i also intend to do cards for some of the more notable guest stars (Shawn Ashmore, Jessie Metcalfe, Sarah Carter, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Margot Kidder, Dean Cain, the JLA members, etc.) It depends primarily on image availability, and also on which ones can be suitably adapted for the template.

Comment

I don't understand why people are complaining about these so much...

I like 'em, moviefan! Especially the last one of LV and the second of JH. Very cool colour schemes.

Comment

Thanks, Runestone. For some strange reason, it seems as though any artwork I post on these boards doesn't get much attention. My DVD covers are infinitely better-designed that these cards, and even they haven't resulted in more responses (links are at the bottom of the page). It puzzles me immensely.

Comment

Well, here's the newest designs in this collection. I started doing cards for Whitney, Jason, Jonathan, Martha, and Lionel. What do you think?

Comment

OK, here is another preview. This is every card done for the set so far, with the exception of a Christopher Reeve tribute card (still working on it). You can find a bigger preview at this link. Be aware though, that as before, even the bigger shot does not include the full-resolution versions. I haven't fully worked out a sharing plan yet.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
                        [B]Well, here's the newest designs in this collection. I started doing cards for Whitney, Jason, Jonathan, Martha, and Lionel. What do you think?
                        They all look great. Very well done. I especially like the Martha & Lionel pics. There never seem to be enough promotional shots of them laying about.

Comment

Only 2 for lois?

Comment

A lot of the other pics I saw for Lois just didn't have a good color balance. they were either tinted blue, cut off at the top of her head, too dark, etc. I want to do more cards for the characters, but usable shots are difficult to find.

Comment

I haven't updated this thread in a very long time (almost eight years!), but there's a good reason for that. I'd abandoned my attempts to get these cards printed, and the frustration wrecked my inspiration. But after seeing a YouTube video about better construction methods, my interest in this was re-ignited. Sadly, I erased my old Photoshop files, but have now started redoing them from scratch. Here's what I have so far, for the front and back of Kara's Season 7 card. Once the overall design is finalized, I can change the colors, text, and photos for various characters. I hope to update this thread much more often in the future, but that will depend on how much feedback I get. So, post away!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎