Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Kill Me - (Chloe/Clark - Jimmy Eat World)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Kill Me - (Chloe/Clark - Jimmy Eat World)

Chloe remains faithful in her feelings for Clark, despite their 'just friends' status. She simply doesn't give up on him.

Music is 'Kill' by Jimmy Eat World. I felt that the song very clearly spelt out Chloe's feelings of unrequited love for Clark as well as her frustrations with him. Spoilers through season 6's episode 'Freak'.

Streamed link: http://www.neuralcluster.net/index.p...d=54&Itemid=37

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fHpZInmPbg

More by me: RKR's video thread

Jimmy Eat World - Kill Lyrics

Well, you're just across the street
    Looks a mile to my feet
    I want to go to you
    Funny how I'm nervous still
    I've always been the easy kill
    I guess I always will

Could it be that everything goes 'round by chance? (chance?)
    Or only one way that it was always meant to be (be)
    You kill me, you always know the perfect thing to say (hey hey, hey hey)
    I know what I should do, but I just can't walk away

I can picture your face well
    From the bar in my hotel
    I wish I'd go to you
    I pick up put down the phone
    Like your favorite Heatmeiser song goes
    It's just like being alone

Oh God, please don't tell me this has been in vain (vain)
    I need answers for what all the waiting I've done means (means)
    You kill me, you've got some nerve, but can't face your mistakes (hey hey, hey hey)
    I know what I should do, but I just can't turn away

So go on love
    Leave while there's still hope for escape
    Got to take what you can these days
    There's so much ahead
    So much regret
    I know what you want to say
    (Know what you want to say)
    I know it but can't help feeling differently
    I loved you, and I should have said it
    But tell me just what has it ever meant

I can't help it baby, this is who I am (am)
    Sorry, but I can't just go turn off how I feel (feel)
    You kill me, you build me up, but just to watch me break (hey hey, hey hey)
    I know what I should do, but I just can't walk away
    Last edited by RedK Rush; 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM.

Heyyyy !!! Can I have the link?? .....Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
      Heyyyy !!! Can I have the link?? .....Thanks
      You got it.

Also autolinks have now been sent.

RKR

Comment

Heyy I LOVED it !!!!! I mean I am out of words !! ..... Great JOB!!! Congrats!
        Last edited by RedKRules; 03-16-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

May I please have the link?

Comment

Originally posted by RedKRules
            Heyy I LOVED it !!!!! I mean I am out of words !! ..... Great JOB!!! Congrats!
            Thanks for watching. I'm glad you loved it!

link sent kate22689. Enjoy.

Comment

link please?

Comment

Originally posted by smchic92
                link please?

You got it.

Comment

You know me...

Link please!! I so love your videos

Comment

Loved it! So sad! Poor Chloe is always getting burned, always! Awesome video! You are so talented!

Comment

Jill, PM sent.

Originally posted by kate22689
                      Loved it! So sad! Poor Chloe is always getting burned, always! Awesome video! You are so talented!
                      Thank you! Yeah, poor Chloe always gets the crumbs, huh?! I'm really glad you loved this, and thanks for the feedback.

RKR

Comment

RKR....

This video was a thing of BEAUTY!

By far one of the best Chlark vids I have ever seen. Not only did you use my favorite band, you also chose one of their best songs for the video. It fits Chloe's POV so well. Not only was the song perfect, your editing and pacing molded to the song so wonderfully. I really enjoyed your new keyframing technique in this video with having the video slowly turn at an angle, and I loved the inverted flash transitions as well. You also made nice use of sepia @ times as well like @ 1:00.

Highlights of the video...

The opening VO montage. Excellent audio work. The levels were perfect, and there was just a hint of background music. It is impossible to get it all out, and you got it as good as it could be.

- The overlay from Zero @ .22-.25 in the barn looked AWESOME!

- Outstanding work from .53-.59. The cuts from the Rush scene were awesome and I LOVED the manip of how you went to Clark leaving the Talon and Chloe putting her head into her hands frustrated. Probably my favorite part of the video.

- I loved how you cut up the Vortex interaction from 1:00-1:09. This was one of my favorite parts. I have tried to edit that interaction scene before and it is a pain in the ass. You had really nice hard cuts with the Clark reaction shots and I loved how you ended with Chloe sulking on the tree.

- Outstanding editing on the Arrival bit from 1:44-1:47. I loved the overlay with Chloe's eye and the ghosting you did on her profile before she looked up.

* I do have to admit though, it felt a tad bit off not to see Clark in that scene. From a creative standpoint, I would have tried to get Clark in there somewhere either saving Chloe, or Chloe seeing what he was doing.

- The bit with the letter from Fever @ 1:53-2:01 was so great. Loved how you overlayed the actual letter over Chloe and the fade work there was outstanding! I also really liked the fact you put this over the lyric of "Please don't tell me this has been in vain".

-The Vessel sequence from 2:20-2:38 was outstanding. I love how you cut the scenes leading up to the kiss. The fades looked great. Then it got even better when you intercut the kisses with the Vessel kiss. Just matched the music really well and I just love flashback sequences in general.

- Awesome quick cuts from 3:06-3:09 and then I loved how you exited out with the flashes to match the beats.

- Great scene to end on!!

* I only had one gripe about the whole video. I didn't really care for how you faded in the middle of the almost kiss @ .49. It seemed a bit akward to fade while they were going towards one another. I think it would have worked better if you had gone to where it appeared they kissed, and then you went to Chloe standing by herself.

RKR - You should seriously make a video for every song on the Futures album. A good portion of your vids have been to Jimmy Eat World songs off Futures. I hope that you get around to doing a video per song for the whole CD. I would love to see what you could do w/ "23" which is probably my all time favorite song.

Definately one of your all time greats in terms of the Smallville fandom.

I rank this in my TOP 5 favorite Chlark vids ever. I loved it that much. If you go back and do one of your infamous re-edits and fix the kiss scene from Tempest, the video would be perfect.

Amazing!

Comment

I gotta have a link to this. I need it after reading reviews of promise.

Comment

Hey RKR thanks for the link to your new You Kill Me vid.Really awesome job on this one! I loved the whole vid. The song was a great choice with a very Chlark vibe to it and I really liked how you strutured the vid from Chloe's POV. Impressive lyric matching and scene selection throughout the vid! The scenes you used went perfectly with the song. Awesome editing and pacing to the song as well. Very awesome job on the whole vid!

Awesome opening with the fever VO with opening montage of scenes. That was a great way to start off a vid like this. The overlay at 21-24 was very cool looking. And that was a very unique way to use it, which I liked a lot. Very clever scene/lyric matching on the "Funny how I'm nervous still, I've always been the easy kill" lyrics at 32 -40 with the obscura/tempest scenes. I really liked how you did the sequence from 1:00-1:10 with the scenes from the first episode of season 2. The timing on the drum beats at the beginning of that section was especially awesome.Very cool lyric matching on that part too. 1:19-1:24 And I thought your use of the scene from the end of fever was an awesome way to end that section of the vid!

Very awesome section from 124-138 with the Chloe learns the secret sequence with scenes from the Jinx and Pariah eps. It was a clever idea to sequence it together that way and made for a very effective portrayl of that element from the fourth season. The eye overlay of Chole in the FOS scene from arrival at 1:44 was very cool . And the fever overlay at 1:55 was even better. Really nice job with both of those overlays. The 2:09 blank sequence and the lyrics for "can't face your mistakes" with Clark looking at lana was an awesome lyric match, and the follow up with the Spirit prom stuff was very clever.

I really loved how you did the kiss sequence around the vessel kiss from 2:24-2:38 with the sepia tone. That was very awesome and it was also very nicely matched to the music there. Very cool stuff from 2:55-3:00 too. The lyrics "I know what you want but can't help feeling differently" made for an awesome match for the Chlark scene from the end of Devoted. The Chloe sequence from 3:10-3:20 was really cute and was a great way to show a part of Chloe's character. 3:40-3:46 I really liked what you did with the different hug scenes here. Finally, ending with the Freak scene was an awesome choice and made for a very fitting conclusion to the vid!

Very awesome vid RKR!

keith

Comment

Hey thanks for the link. You know I always love your video's, even if its Chlark angst. poor Chloe, always the same, hopefully one day those writers will remember that letter, wishful thinking I guess.

Well great effects as well, like how the letter was used, really cool. Bravo On another great video.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎