Episode 3.12 - There's Got To Be A Morning After Pill

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 3.12 - There's Got To Be A Morning After Pill

Talk about the Feb. 6 Veronica here!

Well, YQ22, Im pretty sure you can add Dean's son to the list. He was after all, about to be shipped off to boarding school.

Did Bonnie suddenly become, different? Or am I thinking of a different Bonnie, who was walking out of a frat room early in the morning saying "another frat boy, what the hell?"

And why, of course, couldn't Chip Dillar have been the father? Unless Im being stupid, and she slept with someone else? I dont know, but we never really did find out who the father was.

Aside from those few quirks, I really enjoyed this episode.

Veronica learned from the MotW, something that hasn't happened in a while. It showed when she didnt cube Madison's car. It was also full of great quotes, let alone the one from the bible.

"Best way to forget your own problems? Dive into someone elses"

I really think that the episode, a little more successful than the last one, kept a better pace without my fav characters, Wallace, Mac, Piz and Parker.

Veronica and Keith working together was nice again. Am I sensing a relationship between Mindy and Keith?

Im kind of nervous about Veronica and Dick. Veronica's kind of pissed about Logan and Madison, well not kind of pissed, VERY pissed. And now so is Dick. If the two of them get closer through all of this, will our worst nightmare come true?

I really didnt expect Phillis that much, and it was a nice touch. I thought it would have been her father.

Did anyone notice that the earshot witness was also the guy who offered mac to put some booze in her pop? That was cool.

Veronica was herself again, throwing a tantrum in front of the door, and bugging his office.

This episode along with the last one, whose title is too long to type and/or look up, showed a more promising start to the new mystery, than the first one. However, neither were as good and enjoyable as SHOW ME THE MONKEY

4 out of 5

Comment

I liked this episode, except for the Logan/Veronica angst. Ugh.

Comment

I loved it. Ever since the return episodes have been quite amazing. I enjoyed a few things about this episode:

1) The opening was my favorite Veronica Mars opening (minus Maddison riding Logan). I thought it was so artistic. The music was so right and the snow scene over Logan's appartment looked amazing. (Can't wait to get that avatar!) It was great.

2) The LoVe angst. Lets all be honest, Veronica does deserve better. It's the truth. He slept with an enemy. A *****y enemy at that.

3) The mystery was interesting and I couldn't figure out who the pill-snatcher was. Nice mystery.

4) The scene with Keith and Veronica at that Christian place. I love when Keithe say's his last name is Drew and that Veronica is his assitant Nancy.

5) Only thing missing from this episode was Parker, Wallace, Mac and Piz.

I loved it, however. And my money is on the Dean's son for murderer.

Verdict: 10/10
        Last edited by CallMeClark; 02-07-2007, 06:04 AM.

Comment

This episode was good. I wish they wouldn't keep tearing Logan and Veronica apart though. They should have just let them work on their relationship instead of throwing in the whole Madison thing. Too much back and forth stuff. I am starting to like Dick a little bit more now. He seems like he might have more to him than you'd think. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

Comment

I really liked this episode. It was a relief finding out that Veronica isn't really pregnant. I kinda got honked at her for deleting the message from Logan without listening to all of it - sure the tone starting out was snarky, but she has seen his colors change before.
            What I loved about this episode was that the writers proved me wrong. Veronica DID learn something and does appear to have grown as a person because of what she has learned.
            I just hope that we don't find Logan with some other random bimbo because he believes Veronica will never forgive him, then Veronica being the interruptus in their coitus. Even she thinks that's tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowlord367 Well, YQ22, Im pretty sure you can add Dean's son to the list. He was after all, about to be shipped off to boarding school.
              I suppose, but being shipped off to boarding school seems kind of "light" for a motive to kill your father.

Originally posted by Shadowlord367 Did Bonnie suddenly become, different? Or am I thinking of a different Bonnie, who was walking out of a frat room early in the morning saying "another frat boy, what the hell?"
              Yeah, I know, I had the same problem with Bonnie.

Originally posted by Shadowlord367 Aside from those few quirks, I really enjoyed this episode. Veronica learned from the MotW, something that hasn't happened in a while. It showed when she didnt cube Madison's car. It was also full of great quotes, let alone the one from the bible.

"Best way to forget your own problems? Dive into someone elses"
              Yeah, hopefully V's beginning to let go of her anger to Madison (and Logan) get on with it, whatever that is.

Originally posted by Shadowlord367 Veronica and Keith working together was nice again. Am I sensing a relationship between Mindy and Keith?
              Yes to the first and I hope not for the second. The Drew part was just too cute for school.

Originally posted by Shadowlord367 I really didn't expect Phillis, and it was a nice touch. I thought it would have been her father.
              Me neither. Understanding, forgiveness, family loyalty, etc.

5 out of 5.

Did Tina Majorino and Kristen Bell get in a fight??? Mac is never there.

Comment

Mac is only in a certain # of episodes and Rob is saving them. I know she will be in last five back-2-back. Plus Mac is on another TV show.

Comment

I think this has really been the best episode of the season. Not because it was action packed, or particularly witty, but because it left me smiling to myself at the end. I enjoyed every part of it.

First of all, their is Bonnie. She has changed a lot but frankly I can believe the prospect of having a baby and dealing with who the father is and telling your parents would cause someone like her to change a great deal and mature. That mystery was well done and well executed, and led nicely into Veronica's personal storyline.

Next, Logan and Veronica. I hope that this will be the last time we see them together. I was never a fan of Logan and Veronica myself and I am happy to see it over. I loved how angry she got at him, he deserved it. Yes, it was cruel that she didn't listen to his message but if you mess up that many times I think that its not worth feeling to upset about. It really felt like their breaking up fit this time and is final. Logan will recover, they will come to a conclusion...but I don't believe (and I hope) that they will ever be a couple again.

Finally, the lesson at the end. Thats what left me smiling. Not only was the scene nicely pieced together with the voiceover but the sense that she was learning and changing from that "and you get even" attitude from Season 1 was nice and encouraging.

Anyways, I thought it was nicely done, I like the growth in Veronica and Dick and I would rate it 5/5.

Comment

First of all, let me agree with Shadowlord, it seemed Bonnie suddenly got a personality transplant from the last time we saw her and given her affinity for Pi Sigs, how could she narrow the potential fathers down to just Dick & Tim?

Secondly, why would Bonnie’s roommate lie to Veronica about who gave Bonnie the pregnancy handbook? She was explaining why she changed her mind about Tim. Why throw in a total lie – especially as the present of the handbook was given as a reason why Tim would not have given Bonnie the RU486? If the roommate wanted to get away with it, telling Veronica the truth at that point in the story made much more sense.

It seems the only reason she lied was to mislead the home TV viewers – and as a fictional character, she should not be aware that there are home TV viewers. This was bad, bad, bad mystery writing.

Thirdly, Veronica did not solve the crime. When Veronica jumped to the wrong conclusion, Bonnie solved it. Maybe they should have named the show “Bonnie Capistrano.”

Fourthly, Veronica paying to have Madison’s car stolen seems to me to be grossly out of character. I haven’t priced cars in the past couple of years, but Madison’s car had to have been more than $50,000 worth of property. What gave Veronica the right to simply steal more than $50,000 from Madison Sinclair no matter how much she dislikes her?

When Veronica reneged and decided not to crush the Madisonmobile, I didn’t think she showed any character growth. Her character had to mutate to get her to order the car heist in the first place and then return to normal to cancel it before the fade out. As with Bonnie’s roommate – bad writing.

Which brings us to the whole Madison storyline. First of all, Madison did not drug Veronica’s drink at the Pomeroy party. Madison did not know the drink was drugged when she gave it to Veronica. Dick Casablancas drugged the drink.

And who then carted the drugged Veronica off to a bedroom and told his brother to rape Veronica? Again, Dick Casablancas. So why does Veronica have no trouble being buddy-buddy with who really facilitated her rape – yet, hates Madison so much she can justify stealing $50,000 that doesn’t belong to her?

And who did Veronica have a relationship with? Logan. If Logan slept with Madison, why does Madison deserve the revenge? Madison had no relationship with Veronica. In fact, Madison owes Veronica nothing in terms of who she sleeps with.

During the whole scene in Logan’s suite, I just wanted to slap Veronica. Why does everything have to be about her? When Logan had sex with Madison, why should he still have to place Veronica above everything else? They were finished as a couple. He was under no obligation to think of her before he thought of what he wanted to do that night.

Finally, I hate mopey, dopey Logan. Give me the guy who smashed Veronica’s headlights with a crowbar or who taunted the PCH’ers until they beat the crap out him. The guy in this episode – I wish she was back with Duncan before she hooks up with this pathetic whiner.

Other than that, it was a fine episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowlord367
                      Did Bonnie suddenly become, different? Or am I thinking of a different Bonnie, who was walking out of a frat room early in the morning saying "another frat boy, what the hell?"
                      -I agree, Bonnie did a total 180, but hey it had to for the episode to work.

Originally posted by BlancheDuBois
                      I really liked this episode. It was a relief finding out that Veronica isn't really pregnant. I kinda got honked at her for deleting the message from Logan without listening to all of it - sure the tone starting out was snarky, but she has seen his colors change before.
                      -to be honest, If I was her and got a this message of some guy rambling about something I would delete it aswell.

Originally posted by EChid
                      Next, Logan and Veronica. I hope that this will be the last time we see them together. I was never a fan of Logan and Veronica myself and I am happy to see it over. I loved how angry she got at him, he deserved it. Yes, it was cruel that she didn't listen to his message but if you mess up that many times I think that its not worth feeling to upset about. It really felt like their breaking up fit this time and is final. Logan will recover, they will come to a conclusion...but I don't believe (and I hope) that they will ever be a couple again.
                      I agree, Veronica and Logan are much better when there not together...not in a mopping way but got other things in their life way. Is it just me or does it seem like Logan does nothing, but hang out in his loft; he needs to get out more and enjoy life while still young.

Originally posted by EChid
                      Finally, the lesson at the end. Thats what left me smiling. Not only was the scene nicely pieced together with the voiceover but the sense that she was learning and changing from that "and you get even" attitude from Season 1 was nice and encouraging.
                      I agree the lesson was one of the better ones this season, ranking in my top 5. Sometimes revenge just doesn't solve anything, and learning to forgive or at least forget does do some people some good.
                      Last edited by Mysticlies; 02-08-2007, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Yes, Bonnie's about-face was off-putting. One could argue that once her parents heard of her pregnancy, she couldn't just pretend it never happened. Speaking from experience, having a crime perpetrated against you is a sobering experience. She'd been given a drug specifically to cause a miscarriage. Like so many characters on this show, she had to grow up in a hurry. It would be interesting to follow her and see if she goes back to her frat-boy-using ways.

Phyllis. Ah, Phyllis. It seems that bit was indeed poor writing. Unless Phyllis wanted to make Tim out to be even more caring than he had been.

I would have listened to that message. Not when in a hurry, though. Sadly, I've been around enough drunks in my life to know that their intended course and initial direction are often at odds with each other. It sometimes takes a little while for them to get back to the point they meant to make.

Logan's response to so many of the hurts in his life (even the ones he causes) is to drink. That boy needs some help in the form of a 12-step program.

I agree with BillyBatson about the whole Madison storyline. Dick was responsible for the drugs in the drink and the rape scenario. Why Veronica, whose mind is usually most impressive at figuring out 'whodunits', can't see that is beyond me. I do wonder why Madison had such a strong dislike of Veronica even from the first episode. Was it something that happened before Lilly's death, or because of Duncan breaking up with Veronica and her being an outcast? Did Veronica take her spot in Pep Squad that year? Yeah, I'm being sarcastic with that last question, but I would like to know the pre-history between those two. Veronica's dislike of Madison is a reaction to how she's been treated by Madison. Madison disliked Veronica before the drugging and subsequent rape. Gimme some backstory, writers!

Comment

Madison dislikes Veronica because at the Pomroy(sp) party she saw Dick with Veronica( they were both drunk) and kissing and all that..um remember A Trip To The Dentist..when V went around asking everyone if they remembered what happened at the party.

Really Dick didn't know that he was drudding V either. He intended for Madison to drink it...but Madison decided to give Veronica a trip to the dentist..spit in her cup...then gave it to her. Besides pretty much all of the 09ners hated V at this point because of her father and all that jazz with the Lilly murder, V siding with her dad..not her friends...

I don't know that Dick knew she was drugged when he pushed Beaver into the room with her. He may have just thought she was wasted so he was trying to help his little brother lose his virginity. Not that is makes it right.

Madison wrote Slut on the back of Veronica's car..because whore was to many letters or something like that.

Veronica dislikes Madison because shes your run of the mill Bitca. Madison slept with Lamb, switched at birth with Mac, now she slept with Logan..boo frakin' hoo..btw..I Loved LoVe..but now I'm ready for it to be over. Let V be single for a while eh...

Comment

Yeah. I remember all of that. But Madison spit in the spiked drink BEFORE she gave it to Veronica. If, as Meg told Veronica in ATTTD, Madison spits in the drinks of people she doesn't like, then she didn't like Veronica before the drugged kissing event with Dick. Her only reason for disliking Veronica seems to be that V is siding with her father over her friends. That might be a lot at 15 or 16, but in the grand scheme of things it's not much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BlancheDuBois
                              Yes, Bonnie's about-face was off-putting. One could argue that once her parents heard of her pregnancy, she couldn't just pretend it never happened. Speaking from experience, having a crime perpetrated against you is a sobering experience. She'd been given a drug specifically to cause a miscarriage. Like so many characters on this show, she had to grow up in a hurry. It would be interesting to follow her and see if she goes back to her frat-boy-using ways.

Phyllis. Ah, Phyllis. It seems that bit was indeed poor writing. Unless Phyllis wanted to make Tim out to be even more caring than he had been.

I would have listened to that message. Not when in a hurry, though. Sadly, I've been around enough drunks in my life to know that their intended course and initial direction are often at odds with each other. It sometimes takes a little while for them to get back to the point they meant to make.

Logan's response to so many of the hurts in his life (even the ones he causes) is to drink. That boy needs some help in the form of a 12-step program.

I agree with BillyBatson about the whole Madison storyline. Dick was responsible for the drugs in the drink and the rape scenario. Why Veronica, whose mind is usually most impressive at figuring out 'whodunits', can't see that is beyond me. I do wonder why Madison had such a strong dislike of Veronica even from the first episode. Was it something that happened before Lilly's death, or because of Duncan breaking up with Veronica and her being an outcast? Did Veronica take her spot in Pep Squad that year? Yeah, I'm being sarcastic with that last question, but I would like to know the pre-history between those two. Veronica's dislike of Madison is a reaction to how she's been treated by Madison. Madison disliked Veronica before the drugging and subsequent rape. Gimme some backstory, writers!
                              Totally agreed. Veronica obviously didn't like her before the rape because she was a snobby stuck up ***** and she couldn't keep her mouth shut. Now she wants to kill her. I'm surprised that she didn't impound her car. It was very good of her to act as the big person.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎