No announcement yet.

Headstrong - Clark/Lex

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headstrong - Clark/Lex

Here is my 6th video for Smallville, and it centers on Clark and Lex's "destined to be at odds" deteriorating relationship. First verse is Clark's POV, second is Lex's POV. The rest is both. Spoilers through Season 6's Crimson episode.

*Please note: this song uses one instance of the word s**t.

Streaming link: http://www.neuralcluster.net/index.p...d=52&Itemid=37

Feedback is appreciated! Music is by Trapt. Thanks to my betas HumansRSuperior and Lexcelsior. My other videos are in RedK Rush's video thread.

Lyrics:

Circling your, circling your, circling your head,
    Contemplating everything you ever said
    Now I see the truth, I got a doubt
    A different motive in your eyes and now I’m out
    See you later
    I see your fantasy, You want to make it a reality paved in gold
    See inside, Inside of our heads (yeah)
    Well now that’s over
    I see your motives inside, decisions to hide

Back off I’ll take you on
    Headstrong to take on anyone
    I know that you are wrong
    Headstrong we’re Headstrong
    I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong
    I can’t give everything away
    I won’t give everything away

Conclusions manifest,
    your first impressions got to be your very best
    I see you’re full of $#!T, and that’s alright
    That’s how you play, I guess you’ll get through every night
    Well now that’s over
    I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold
    See inside, inside of our heads (yeah) Well now that’s over
    I see your motives inside, decisions to hide

Headstrong we’re Headstrong

I know, I know all about
    I know, I know all about
    I know, I know all about
    I know, I know all about your motives inside, and your decision to hide

Headstrong, we’re Headstrong
    ...where you belong
    Last edited by RedK Rush; 12-20-2007, 11:54 AM.

OMG!!! Another RedKRush video!!!!
    Can't wait to see it!!!!!!

I'm downloading it right now, so I'll leave feedback later!!

It sounds cool, a Clark and Lex video

Jill

Comment

It's here!!!! Yay!! I'm so excited to see this. Too bad, my internet connection is running slow today . But the link is taking a little too long to open for some reason. I'll have to wait.
      I'll leave feedback as soon as I can. Thanks!!

Edit: No, it's downloading now. *jumps in excitement* !!
      I just forgot to 'save target as' the last time.
      Last edited by Dania; 01-07-2007, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks to you both! I'm glad to see the excitement.

All autolinks have been sent.

Comment

Yay! First comments!

Great video! Cool montages - I love these Lex/Clark videos that you put together, they remind me of how many times they beat the snot out of each other over the course of the last 6 seasons - LOL!

Love the incorporation of all of the Zod footage and of course Lex's strut down 33.1 from Subterrenean.

I rather enjoyed that this one seemed to be filled w/ the 2 being ticked off and angry at each other throughout most of it, went well w/ the music.

I always love your editing, you never get bored watching a RKR production! Great job!

Ok, now, ahem where's a Clois video?

*Big grin*

Hee hee!

RKC

Comment

*continures jumping with joy* Is it okay that I'm this excited about watching the video? LOL. I just finished downloading it. Saw it!

From just the few clips it started with, I knew this was going to be a favorate! I love what you've done with the clips, like the one where Lex's car crashes into Clark, the first time they met. The effects and editing on these first few clips really grabbed my attention for the rest of the video. The voice over made it all the more suspenseful!
            -And as usual with your videos, the pacing of the clips with the song lyrics match perfectly! Like with this lyric "A different motive in your eyes and now I'm out," you showed the scene from the Season.3 finale when Clark finds the room Lex has on him. I like how it was done, focusing on the look in their eyes. Then with "I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality," you had the scenes of Lex's dream of being president then the posters of him during his election to be senator. You do this so well!
            -Again, I love how it starts with Clark's point of view and his doubts on Lex then it switches to Lex's. I like how you showed parallels from Clark's perspective to Lex's. The parts when Clark is flying, busts into the plane and the close up of Lex looking through a crack in the plane, worked so well with the second time the song went "I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality."
            -The scenes with them fighting during the chorus were intense. Especially since you made it so, the first time, it's Clark who acts on his doubts and attacks Lex. Then the second time around, it's Lex who takes Clark on instead. The song really is perfect for the video, or maybe it's you who has made it perfect with your awesome editing.
            -I like that you used the scene from 'Reunion' during "This is not where you belong," and you have Lex closing the door on Clark after telling him he's not wanted there.
            -I love the editing with Lex's dream sequence. When he lookes around with a smile on his face and in the same frame everything is drying around him.
            -Everything was great with the voice over and showing level 33.1 and the space ship.
            -The ending was perfect with lex saying "But now I know your secret."
            *In conclusion, that was one AMAZING video. Definitely my favorate Clark/Lex video as of now. Thanks for sharing. I knew this was going to be great when you said you were making it, but it still surpassed my expectations. Brilliant job! I'm going to watch it again now. Thank you so much for sharing, RedK Rush.

Comment

Originally posted by RedKryptonClark
              Yay! First comments!

Great video! Cool montages - I love these Lex/Clark videos that you put together, they remind me of how many times they beat the snot out of each other over the course of the last 6 seasons - LOL!

Love the incorporation of all of the Zod footage and of course Lex's strut down 33.1 from Subterrenean.

I rather enjoyed that this one seemed to be filled w/ the 2 being ticked off and angry at each other throughout most of it, went well w/ the music.

I always love your editing, you never get bored watching a RKR production! Great job!
              Hi RKC, and thanks for the feedback! Yep, this one was all about angst, snot kicking (lol) and the relationship going down the tubes. It was actually pretty fun to edit.

Thanks for watching and enjoying, and especially complimenting my editing. That means a great deal.

Originally posted by RedKryptonClark
              Ok, now, ahem where's a Clois video?

*Big grin*
              Uh.. hmmm... That's a good question. I have to have a Clois idea smack me in the head first! So feel free to teleport any over.

Thanks for watching and complimenting, RKC.

Comment

Originally posted by RedK Rush
                Uh.. hmmm... That's a good question. I have to have a Clois idea smack me in the head first! So feel free to teleport any over.
                I always thought the song "All At Once" (by The Fray) would make a great Clois video. There are other suggestions but if you ever decide to make one, this is a pretty good song.

Comment

Originally posted by Dania
                  *continues jumping with joy* Is it okay that I'm this excited about watching the video? LOL. I just finished downloading it. Saw it!

From just the few clips it started with, I knew this was going to be a favorate! I love what you've done with the clips, like the one where Lex's car crashes into Clark, the first time they met. The effects and editing on these first few clips really grabbed my attention for the rest of the video. The voice over made it all the more suspenseful!
                  -And as usual with your videos, the pacing of the clips with the song lyrics match perfectly! Like with this lyric "A different motive in your eyes and now I'm out," you showed the scene from the Season.3 finale when Clark finds the room Lex has on him. I like how it was done, focusing on the look in their eyes. Then with "I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality," you had the scenes of Lex's dream of being president then the posters of him during his election to be senator. You do this so well!

-Again, I love how it starts with Clark's point of view and his doubts on Lex then it switches to Lex's. I like how you showed parallels from Clark's perspective to Lex's. The parts when Clark is flying, busts into the plane and the close up of Lex looking through a crack in the plane, worked so well with the second time the song went "I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality."

-The scenes with them fighting during the chorus were intense. Especially since you made it so, the first time, it's Clark who acts on his doubts and attacks Lex. Then the second time around, it's Lex who takes Clark on instead. The song really is perfect for the video, or maybe it's you who has made it perfect with your awesome editing.

-I like that you used the scene from 'Reunion' during "This is not where you belong," and you have Lex closing the door on Clark after telling him he's not wanted there.

-I love the editing with Lex's dream sequence. When he lookes around with a smile on his face and in the same frame everything is drying around him.

-Everything was great with the voice over and showing level 33.1 and the space ship.

-The ending was perfect with lex saying "But now I know your secret."

*In conclusion, that was one AMAZING video. Definitely my favorate Clark/Lex video as of now. Thanks for sharing. I knew this was going to be great when you said you were making it, but it still surpassed my expectations. Brilliant job! I'm going to watch it again now. Thank you so much for sharing, RedK Rush.
                  Oh Dania, wow this is awesome feedback! I had hoped you'd like this video, since I know you were looking forward to it. Thanks so much for giving so many details and letting me know what you liked about it. I'm glad you thought the song was perfect! It was one of those that I couldn't get out of my head and the only way to get rid of it was to vid it.

About the beginning, where I cut up the pilot bridge scene. I really wanted that to look like Lex was *trying* to hit Clark..hehe! I'm not sure if it actually came across that way but that's what was intended there. I'm very glad you liked that section! It was actually the last section that I put into the video, yesterday. I had just done the ending clips and wanted to do something similar in the beginning. Thanks for mentioning it! I think the second opening audio clip is a bit too loud (ugh, I can't stand the background music there) so I'll be re-editing it to lower the volume.

For the clips I used for 'a different motive in your eyes and now I'm out..'. that was the very first section that I put into the timeline. I knew just what I wanted! I'm glad you liked it. I'm also glad you liked the scenes I chose for the fantasy/reality lyrics. We all know that Lex wants power and that's what I wanted to show. Clark's was more difficult but it didn't take long for me to think up a manipulation of Lex seeing him through the hole in the airplane.

I'm glad you enjoyed Lex's dream sequence clips. Masking that was a pain (literally.. my wrist hates me), but it's something that I'm proud of in the end. Thanks for mentioning the editing there!

Thank you for all of your compliments! I'm smiling, thinking that this is your favorite Clark/Lex video now.

I always thought the song "All At Once" (by The Fray) would make a great Clois video. There are other suggestions but if you ever decide to make one, this is a pretty good song.
                  Thanks for the suggestion, Dania. I'll have to look into that one. The Fray is not a band that I listen to often, due to overexposure a few months ago, but I can surely take another look at that song.

Maybe a Clois video would work best after Hydro.
                  Last edited by RedK Rush; 01-08-2007, 02:16 AM.

Comment

About the beginning, where I cut up the pilot bridge scene. I really wanted that to look like Lex was *trying* to hit Clark..hehe! I'm not sure if it actually came across that way but that's what was intended there.

Thank you for all of your compliments! I'm smiling, thinking that this is your favorite Clark/Lex video now.
                    Oh, yeah, that's right! Now that I look at it that way, it does look like Lex is trying hit Clark. That's a fantastic job you've done on that scene. Now I like that part in the video even more.

And I'm glad I made you smile. Your video definitely made me smile a lot.

Maybe a Clois video would work best after Hydro.
                    I definitely agree with that!
                    And I'm sure any song you pick will be great. I love all the songs you've chosen for your previous videos, so I totally trust your choice in music.

Comment

Oh, yeah, that's right! Now that I look at it that way, it does look like Lex is trying hit Clark. That's a fantastic job you've done on that scene. Now I like that part in the video even more.

And I'm glad I made you smile. Your video definitely made me smile a lot.
                      Ah, thanks so much. It does go by so fast in the video, we've seen those scenes millions of times, and there's so much to see directly after it, that it's probably hard to actually see that the 'hitting' was meant to be intentional on Lex's part. I probably would have missed it! I'm glad that the editing of the bridge scene works even better for you now.

Again, really glad you enjoyed this. Thanks for the encouragement in the RKR thread. That actually helped me to finish it before I moved. Thank goodness. I didn't want an unfinished video hanging around in my head while moving boxes.

I do hope to do a Clois video one day. I think I'd have to watch Seasons 4+ again, though, to remember all of her scenes. I have at least three ideas floating around in my head, none of them Clois. Not sure which will be next, though. We'll see what pops up.

Comment

Again, really glad you enjoyed this. Thanks for the encouragement in the RKR thread. That actually helped me to finish it before I moved. Thank goodness. I didn't want an unfinished video hanging around in my head while moving boxes.
                        You're welcome and thank you. You're so sweet. I'm so glad to know that I helped.

Originally posted by RedK Rush I do hope to do a Clois video one day. I think I'd have to watch Seasons 4+ again, though, to remember all of her scenes. I have at least three ideas floating around in my head, none of them Clois. Not sure which will be next, though. We'll see what pops up.

Whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be beyond great, as usual with your videos.

Comment

linkage please!

Comment

Originally posted by WriteAngel1
                            linkage please!
                            You got it, WriteAngel1.

Comment

I need a link over here.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀