No announcement yet.

Season 5: What Worked? What Didn't?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 5: What Worked? What Didn't?

Hey, I want to throw a question out to everyone on the forum and see what you think... as far as Season 5 went, what do you all think worked, and what didn't work? Was it better than previous years? Worse? What would you rather see, or like to see more of?

Throw your opinions out here on the thread. My only request is that you PLEASE don't turn this into a debate thread. Just post your opinions, and if someone posts something you disagree with, move on.

Thanks!

There's a thread thats almost exactly like this on page 2 started by Nospam. Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you wanted to combine

OK, JMHO,

What worked:

The first 3 episodes of the season were on fire and hitting on all cylinders. Clana worked just fine while angst free in Mortal.

James Marsters as Professor Fine, and the harbinger of Zod

The Chlark partnership (for the most part, though it should be more then brains/brawn, and a more equal thing)

Clark interacting with other "super" friends, i.e. Aquaman, Cyborg, Angel of Vengeance

Martha taking Jonathan's senate seat. And more Martha/Clark scenes.

Lionel knowing the secret.

Everytime they write Clark as kind, heroic and compassionate, it works. Do it more often.

What didn't work:

Anything and everything related to Clexana, meaning Clark/Lana/Lex. In fact, anything romantic triangle related has no place on this show anymore. Stick a fork in it people.

The drawn out death of Clana. Did they break up in Reckoning? Or Tomb? Or Cyborg? No, it was Hypnotic. Who cared at that point?

The handling of things after Reckoning. An episode that should've brought about tremendous change really didn't.

The darkness and depressing nature of the show currently.

Lana's drug trip.

Too much left for viewers to figure out since it apparently occured on Offscreensville.

The lack of development for Lois Lane (ED is great, figure out how to use her). Why wasn't there a significant scene of Lois reacting to Jonathan Kent's death? She claimed the Kents were the parents she wished she had.

Overall, I think season 5 started off great, ran into a hitch with Fanatic and Lockdown (too completely throwaway filler eps, IMO), and was hit or miss since Reckoning. I enjoy all the seasons of SV, but the latter half of this season is actually the first time I ever got annoyed with the show. But overall, it feels stronger then last season, not as good as the first 3.

What I'd like to see next year is a more proactive Clark. I want him to go back to college, Met U. I want to see him develop an interest in journalism. And I want him to get more comfortable in his skin. I want to see him and Jor-El reach an understanding. I absolutely, positively want to see him moving beyond his relationship with Lana. I'd like to see him with someone else, and I'm open to Chloe, Lois or Lori Lemaris. Just advance him beyond Lana. After that, anything is workable.

I want to see Lex take a more definitive turn to evil. Woobie Lex is tired now, time to ramp up the diabolical. I want to see him working on the Level 33.1 thing. I want him to get his sidekick in Mercy Graves. IMO, he's never more fun then when he's obsessing over Clark.

Clex needs to continue to interact in some way. TW and MR are too great together not for them to interact.

If Chloe is not going to get with Clark, then get her a love interest. Its past time for the girl.

I want to see Lois enroll in Met U too, and I want to see her interest in journalism emerge. I want her and Clark to have more meaningful interaction that doesn't involve them taking verbal jabs at each other.

If Lana must remain on the show, then figure out a way for the character to stand on her own 2 feet, and not as a love interest for anyone.

And bring back Perry White, Bart, Cyborg, for starters. Maybe we could see Pete again too.
    Last edited by BadToad; 04-30-2006, 07:32 PM.

Comment

What didn't/doesn't work.....

I think most of us would agree that Clark's red jacket/blue shirt in 99% of the scenes --just doesn't work

(I know that it is not as insightful as BadToads, I apollogize )

Comment

i think the red and blue symbolizes supermans tights and since he always wears the same thing they need to do that here

Comment

Thanks for reminding Mr Hasselhoff (BTW, loved you last album ).

What doesn't work:

Clark's damned omnipresent red jacket. In fact, revamp the guys wardrobe already. He had more variety in previous seasons. Just who the heck did Tom piss off?

Comment

Originally posted by BadToad
            Thanks for reminding Mr Hasselhoff (BTW, loved you last album ).

What doesn't work:

Clark's damned omnipresent red jacket. In fact, revamp the guys wardrobe already. He had more variety in previous seasons. Just who the heck did Tom piss off?
            The effects for the meteor shower scene in Commencement last season used up all of the money on Welling's wardrobe. So now he's been stuck wearing that red jacket for the most part.

Comment

exactly, its not the colors that are bad, but the lack of change

I personally would love to see him in a turtleneck (of course only if it is cold out)....maybe a polo shirt.....anything besides the current outfit...we need some variety

(and think you for the complement on my last album, please feel free to become a member of my fan club or purchase my DVD performance on the Berlin Wall)

Comment

Okay, here's my opinions on what worked and what didn't work in S5:

What worked:

1. James Marsters as Milton Fine/Brainiac. This is definitely one of the most interesting plots that SV has done recently and Marsters has done a great job with the role.

2. The Lionel/Jor-El plotline is also very intriguing and I'm interested to see where it goes.

3. The angst-free Clana in the first few episodes was actually rather cute and didn't take over the entire show like it did in the past. I didn't mind them having sex either and the sex scene was rather tastefully done.

4. I agree with BadToad concerning the first three episodes. They were very strong and fast paced and interesting and it's too bad the rest of the season didn't hold that sort of momentum.

5. As a Lex fan I also like the fact that unlike season 4 Lex is actually getting some significant screentime this season. I may not like alot of his storylines very much, but I do appreciate the fact that he's been important in many of the plotlines and isn't just off on the sidelines drinking scotch in his mansion like he was in S4.

6. CONTINUITY. The continuity has been alot better this season and you can tell that the writers have been trying really hard to make it better. There's still some problems, but it's definitely not as bad as it was last year.

7. Lionel/Martha. It really makes no sense from Martha's perspective, but I enjoy these two character's interactions so much that I'll consider the Mionel a plus.

Now here's the things that didn't work:

1. RECKONING. I've never been more disappointed from a tv episode in my entire life. I've even tried rewatching this turkey and I can't do it, that's how much I absolutely hate and despise it.

2. CLEXANA TRIANGLE. Words can't express how much I hate this particular storyline.

3. The way that the end of Clana was handled was terribly contrived and badly written. I felt sorry for Clana fans, it was so horribly done. The beginning of Lexana was also badly written and contrived too.

4. Lana as a krypto-drug addict and all of her actions since Reckoning make absolutely zero sense.

5. Chloe knowing the secret and her partnership with Clark was initially very cute and well handled but now it has become extremely annoying and Chloe has become a very over-the-top and unrealistic character with her brilliant hacking skills and saving the day more than Clark. She's become more of a plot device and a deus ex machina than a real person.

6. Lois. I like Lois alot but she's been a complete waste this season. It's like she's the new Pete. I wish they'd give her a decent storyline.

7. Jonathan running for senator. That plotline was a complete waste of time IMO.

8. Too many badly done A plots. This has always been a problem with SV but it seems like it's even worse this season when there's such a promising Brainiac plotline that's being ignored so we can have boring FOTW based plots instead.

9. With the exception of Mercy and a few scenes in Void all of the episodes following Reckoning have been extremely weak.

10. Not enough of the Superman mythos. I appreciate the fact that we've got the FOS and Brainiac and certain other spoilery Superman things this season, but it seems like this stuff has been ignored and we've just been thrown crumbs of it every once in a while and the plots have instead focused on boring FOTWs, horror movie rip-offs, and the romantic angst.

11. Lex. Like I said, I'm enjoying the fact that he's actually getting more screentime but I wish they'd stop it with the Lexana garbage and instead focus more on his growing evil.

12. Too dark and grim.

I'd say that S5 is stronger than S4 but definitely not as good as the first three seasons. I really, really miss the old pre-season 4 SV.
                Last edited by MBCorp; 04-30-2006, 07:21 PM.

Comment

What I loved

My favorite part of season 5 has been the partnership we've seen between Clark and Chloe. Episodes like Mortal, Hidden, Thirst, Splinter, Solitude, Vengeance, Tomb, Hypnotic, and Fade are my favorites because they showcase the amazing partnership these two have. Chloe and Clark have the healthiest relationship and I love it. Tom and Allison have the best chemistry, they play off each other so well. Very refreshing to see.

I've loved seeing Clark's journey this season, he is slowly but surely becoming Superman. He was always a hero, but this season he has faced moral dilemmas such as in Aqua (eco-terrorism), Vengeance (revenge) and Fade (can he choose who he can save)

Another aspect that has captured me is the journey Chloe is on. Every single episode where she is heavily featured is amazing. I just can't wait till she becomes the ace reporter for the Daily Planet. She is a major reason I keep watching. Thirst was a great episode because of Chloe's voice over. That made the episode for me. Chloe's outifts have been great this season.

Of course, Lex's path has been fun to see and very tragic. Lexmas and Void were great Lex episodes in getting us to understand why he is the way he is.

And my favorite, the Chloe and Clark friendship. Its what keeps me watching episode after episode. And I hope that all these wonderful moments will pay off in the end.

James Marsters was a good addition

Lana showing her true colors was awesome! she moved from the man she claimed to love since she first saw him to Lex in the blink of an eye! loved that.

2 Lana free episodes were a great break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Lionel's arc has been great.

The Vengeance/Fade writing team is a great addition!!!!!

The Lex/Choe rivalry is amazing! I just can't wait till Chloe has something big on him (level 33.1) and exposes him!!!!! that scene in Fragile was just so powerful. Michael and Allison have great chemistry.

Intentionally funny scenes are fun. The mugging scene in Vengeance was so awesome.

the Martha/Chloe scene was long over due.

The Vengeance Chronicles were a great surprise, love it. (but they didn't have nearly enough Chloe)

Favorites: Mortal, Hidden, Thirst, Splinter, Solitude, Vengeance and Tomb. (Mr. DeKnight is awesome!)

Now what I disliked.

Clark and Lana, although not heavily featured (thank you! for keeping on the background the first few episodes. I would have hated their relationship even more if it was the A plot in every episode) I was bored by them. I could never see why they were in love, we were told they were in love but never saw it.

Lois, I just don't like her. She has no use in Smallville. I want her gone, don't care how but she needs to go. She is in no way the Lois I grew up with. Its too late to change her without pulling a major lightswitch. She is just too dumb.

Johnathan as senator was dumb. If anything Martha should have run, she was more qualified.

I found Lana's acceptance of Clark in Reckoning to be out of character. Visitior and Extinction showed us that she was afraid/non-accepting of freaks and those that are different.

the Lana/Lex/Clark triangle...can we just please let Clark get over her...she's not all that much Smallville makes her to be. I'll never understand why everyone in Smallville has to fall in love with her.

I hate that Martha puts Lois in a pedistal.

Lois complaining about her love life is boring and pointless.

worst episodes: aqua, fanatic, lockdown, hypnotic, and fragile.

What I want to see?

I want to see Clark in Metropolis, I want to see him go to Met U as a journalism major like Chloe. Both working at the DP as partners.

More Chloe! Rising up the DP ladder!

Chloe and Clark need to get together. She loves him and accepts him for who she is and that's what he is looking for, he needs to give Chloe another look.

Less Lois, much less. Please!

Chloe's mom! played by Helen Slater.

More Chloe and Lex. They are the smartest young characters in SV and we need to see more of their verbal judo.

Allison Mack's Chloe as a main character, giving her a 4th billing, joining the big three to become the big four!

I'd like more of the Lex and Lana partnership.

Compared to last year

Compared to last year, season 5 was a positive change. Last year revolved too much around Lana. Frankly, Lana is the most bland, boring character in Smallville (Lois is a close second).

I loved that this year we did not have many Freak Of the Weeks!
                  Last edited by MsSullivan; 05-01-2006, 07:12 AM.

Comment

What worked:

Chloe - She's awesome. I dont' think she was unrealistic with her computer skillz. Girl's been doing it since season 1, she's just gotten better at it (especially with Gabriel's help and we learned that in Hidden). I love how she's so much like Lois Lane.

Chlark - Their relationship/friendship/partnership is truly amazing. It's the best written on the show... keep it up! Now I'm just waiting for them to get together finally!

Continuity - It was much better this season!

Clark - While he had a few hiccups along the way, he is making strides towards the SUPERhero he will one day be.

My favorite episodes of the season? In sequential order: Arrival, Mortal, Hidden, Thirst, Splinter, Solitude, Vengeance, and Tomb (my #1).

What didn't work:

Clana - Ugh. They bore me silly. I never understood why they loved each other. Instead of being shown why, we were told. Thank goodness it wasn't featured heavily, but please let it be over and done with.

Lana - Please, PLEASE do something with her if you have to keep her on the show. I think Kristin is a good actress when she can play up that mean b*tchynes like she did in Nicodemus and Spirit. I'd like to see her go FULL ON EVIL with Lex. That'd be interesting to watch.

"Lois" - Get rid of her. I don't care about her, she's annoying and it literally pains me to watch her. She has no place on the show so you have to shoehorn her in episodes when other characters could've easily fit that role. We already have a Lois Lane in Chloe anyways so...

What I'd like to see:

Chloe continuing on her journey to becoming the "hot shot reporter" for the Daily Planet. And more scenes/episodes dealing with her mother. Well, just more AM/Chloe-centric episodes in general!

Clark continuing to show more progress towards Supermandom lol and maybe a new power (if flying is out.. how about superbreath?). As well as going to Met U with Chloe and working at the Daily Planet with her. Or at least showing more interest in journalism.

Chloe and Clark together romantically.

Lex and Lana working together against Clark and Chloe.

"Lois" off the show completely.

Michael McKean back as a part time cast member as Perry White. (wishful thinking? probably lol)

More Metropolis crime stories, less krypto Freak of the Weeks.
                    Last edited by chlarklove; 04-30-2006, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Worked

- The Chlark Partnership - especially teaming up to investigate; they were my hook to the show, and they continue to be awesome. TW and AM bounce off each other beautifully.

- Lex's evil spiral; keep him smart (ala Vengence) and keep him craving more and more things; MR's having a lot of fun with it and it's making it fun to watch.

- bringing back Level Three and 33.1; AWESOME.

- Lion-El; he keeps us guessing, JG has insane amounts of Talent and while anyone trusts him is WTF worthy, the material he's given he always works.

- Lana, the Evil Broad. KK works better when she's playing Lana with a side of ***** and it works for her. It really does.

- Brainiac, Nam-Ek, Aethyr, Zod -- It's so cool to see real villina and JM as Brainiac was beyond inspired casting. Those arcs have been thrilling and really should of been focused on more.

Doesn't

- Martha being almost over her husband for twenty years and clinging to a man who kidnapped and tortured her SON. It makes her look beyond stupid.

- EDLois; she fails at every turn. All the jobs, men, things, fall into her laps and ED doesn't have the chops to make her a character to be invested in; she's obviously there for skin and I'd rather see mythos. And she is not Iconic in the least.

More of

- Lexana vs. Chlark; the Black hats vs. the White hats. We've spent 5 years watching the divide that I saw back in drone develope; I'm ready for it to start playing.

- Chloe & Clark, in the DP solving mysteries. I miss the Torch and I'm anxious to see them scooby more; additionally I'd love to see more of the human side of their relationships and personalities that went into hiding after Reckoning.

-- Metahumans and more Superman Rogues; I love a good FotW - but the thing here is GOOD. I'd love to see former freaks return - from S1 and S2; love to see the formation of Metallo for instance. More LuthorCorp, Level Three, 33.1

- Clark going up to Met U to speed through his education.

- Chloe finally getting the L3 expose. Would LOVE that.

- Clark donning the glasses. Seriously, he's hanging out in the Planet so much, it's about time.
                      Last edited by Chiriru; 05-01-2006, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Erica Durance and Lois Lane didnt work in Season 5.. in my opinion she still doesnt need to be on smallville.. her character is useless.. all the Clois foreshadowing for the Superman Movie hasnt helped either.. its become terribly annoying to shove it in our faces

Clark and Lana's relationship could've been so much more.. When Lana found out it was so awesome, with me shaking all through the opening scene.. it was depressing to see the show's writers to hit the reset button..

what i want to see for season 6..

I want to see Clark and Lana's relationship to Blossam again in Season 6 and to her to know the SECRET!! Enough is enough!

Please let kristin go if your going to have her suck face with some random guy or lex.

and Hopefully an episode showing how Krypton looked with Tom and Kristin playing the key roles..

A Kal V.s Isobel episode would be a bonus
                        Last edited by ClanaFan2005; 05-01-2006, 05:03 AM.

Comment

What has worked:

James Marsters as Milton Fine and that whole storyline.

Lana - she has been so much more interesting this season that I've found myself adoring her, as opposed to hating her. Especially every scene she has with Lex. They are just fabulous together.

Lex - Considering he's my favorite character, I hated that he bored me last season. He's slowly been becoming his iconic self this season, and that thrills me. I especially liked that we got a reasoning as to why he chooses the path he does in Lexmas, and Fade has to be one of his best eps ever for the simple fact that he was finally being smart in it. Too often, Lex is portrayed as an idiot, and someone like that can't take on the JLA.

The Martha/Clark relationship - Most of it has been fabulous to watch with the whole mother/son thing, though occasionally they really need to communicate a little bit more.

Chloe/Clark - Their relationship has just been awesome. I love seeing them work together. They are the perfect twosome as friends and partners. Allison and Tom have mad chemistry together.

Cyborg - That episode, along with Run from season four, was the perfect example of how to bring in a future superhero. (As opposed to Aqua.) It was a great way to do an episode without pertaining to the overall season arc, as well.

Metropolis - Seeing more events take place in Metropolis is great! As is the portrayal of Metropolis itself. Although, Lex could do to use more interaction there than he has.

Continuity - Still not perfect, as the characters seem to forget there were seasons prior to season four, but much, much better than ever.

What didn't work

The Clark/Lana relationship back and forth stuff just needs to stop, period. I lost track of how many times they broke up/didn't break up over this season. It became monotonous and boring. Lana has moved on, and that's good, whatever her intentions. Clark needs to move on, too.

Martha/Lionel - As much as I love seeing Annette and John work together, it should have happened in a totally different manner. Perhaps more as foes than this potential lover thing because it just makes Martha look stupid. How can she totally ignore the things she knows for a fact Lionel has done to her family in the past? To even begin to refer to him as 'friend' just causes me to lose every ounce of respect I had for her as a character.

The offline storylines - A significant amount of viewers have no idea there are online stories going on, nor do they care. If the stories are that important to create a separate medium for them to the extent that been done to the Fine/Lex storyline, then perhaps we should be seeing that onscreen?? Things like Lex's dialysis last season, Chloe's reasons for suddenly hating Lex after he saved the life of her and her father, and now everything Lex is doing behind Fine's back should be seen on the show. They are a part of motivations behind characterization, and there are plenty of pointless storylines that we could do without.

Lois - She wore out her welcome after 'Crusade'. She was fun and all in that, but then just became ridiculous. How this character is ever supposed to become a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist is beyond me. She's obnoxious, flighty and none too bright. The idea of Clark ever choosing her over someone like Chloe is impossible to fathom.

The senatorial storyline - Not only was having Jonathan run and then win the race ridiculous (the man can't keep the finances of his own farm going!), but it had been set up seasons ago for Lex to go after the post of Mayor in Smallville. That would have worked, and it would have worked for Jonathan to have won it since he was so well liked in town. Why that was tossed aside for the senator race made no sense to me.

What I hope to see more of

Lexana vs Chlark - Kristin and Michael are sparkling together, Tom and Allison are the same. Pit those four against each other and there would be fireworks everywhere. Lana is fascinating as a darker, more layered character, and a perfect contrast to Chloe, just as Lex and Clark contrast one another. I hope we get more of this because it just makes sense.

Clark becoming his iconic self - There have been moments this season where I begin to see a future Superman, though certainly not enough. Fade helped immensely with Clark pointing out his distrust of Lex, but never once hesitating to save him. In the past season and a half, Clark has appeared to actually want Lex dead, and that's not Superman. He was also great with Maddie, and I would like to see more of that with adults, not just children.

Lex hating Clark - The show has covered the whole Clark hating Lex thing to infinity, and that makes no sense for the future. Superman has said time and time again that Lex has good in him, and has always fought for that while remaining distrustful. On the show, Lex has much more reason to hate Clark and yet hasn't taken that step. I'd like to see some sort of reversal here - something that shows us it's Clark that Lex doesn't want in his life, and Lex that Clark still wishes he could save.

Chloe as Lois - There is no way this doesn't make more sense than Lois as Lois. Period. Chloe has everything Lois was meant to have - brains, courage, spunk, and she knows the truth about Clark. Maybe it wasn't meant to happen from the beginning, but they just need to go with it now.

Lex knowing about Clark - Just let it happen. Many times in the comics, Lex has known the truth about Clark/Superman (he has in the latest storyline) and the world didn't end. It's ridiculous beyond imagination that Lex wouldn't know the truth about him at this point with all he has seen and collected over the years, not to mention how he would never associated Clark with Superman is unbelievable. The show has strayed from regular canon in many instances - it might as well take it to the next level, instead of insulting viewer's intelligence constantly.

Overall, I'd say season five comes just behind season three as my favorite.

Wow. Didn't mean to get so verbose.
                          Last edited by Aelora; 05-01-2006, 06:19 AM.

Comment

What worked:

The first three episodes of the season were really well done. The stories were great and the Clana was incredible. This just goes to show what can be done when they make non-angsty Clana. It would be even better if Lana was just allowed in on the secret.

James Marsters. I love his Milton Fine! I don't know much about Brainiac, but this man can act! Even though everyone knew he was the bad guy, he made you stop and wonder what was going on in his head. Whoever wrote his part did an amazing job!

Letting Lana be a strong woman. Yes, I know she was a vampire and all, but she rocked when she was allowed to stretch her legs a little. They should do that more often.

What didn't work:

Lexana. Can I say yuck? There was no build up, no chemistry, nothing makes this work. Get rid of it as soon as possible because it isn't doing anything for the show, including the ratings.

Stop with the damn foreshadowing! Yes, we all know Clark marries Lois 10 years into the future! You don't have to bash us over the head with it every stinking time! Give us a little credit for knowing what's going on and for those who don't, they won't get it anyway so what's the point??

Clana break up. Which one? All of them. "Reckoning" started off beautifully, but pushing the reset button was downright mean. There could have been a million different ways of handling it and this was probably the worst. And don't get me started on "Hypnotic". Having him lie to her face and tell her that he doesn't love her was just horrendous. Again, it could have been handled better. I've only been watching clips of the shows since "Reckoning" and that was one I had to see just because I had heard it was so bad. They weren't kidding. It was terrible.

Double-O Chloe is just beyond stupid. Is there anything this girl can't do?? Hey, let's hack into some wireless surveillence stuff or break into a high security lab. No problemo! Let's have her put those investigative powers into something like writing news articles. Isn't that what she's suppose to be doing? And let the poor woman have a man for a change (just not Clark). She needs to get over her pining for him because it just will never happen. Not when you've got all of the foreshadowing if Clois going on.

Oh, and having Chloe tell Clark he needs to move on? Please... He obviously has issues with any relationship. Telling him to move on is stupid until he can actually handle it, which he obviously can't yet.

When you have a story planned to span the length of the season, maybe you should consider actually having more than 5 episodes dedicated to it. There were a few in the beginning and now a couple at the end, but nothing in-between. Continuity sucked, but it always does when it comes to Smallville so that's no big surprise.

GET LOIS OUT OF SMALLVILLE! She doesn't belong there and she's more of a pain in the ass than anything. She has no purpose whatsoever. Who would believe that a high-school flunky who got expelled from college could end up as a state senator's chief of staff! Everyone should just forget college. It obviously doesn't mean anything.

Oh, and why is it the guest star characters get to learn Clark's secret and Lana doesn't? He doesn't seem so concerned about that.

Rehashed storylines. Didn't we already have a FOTW who could disappear? Even some of the lines are sounding rehashed! If they're having so much trouble coming up with new ideas, bring in some new blood. It's getting old fast.

What I would like to see in Season 6:

NO MORE LEXANA! Enough said about that.

A re-building of the Clana relationship. I don't know if this means romantic or not, but even in the mythology, Lana is a good friend to Clark. Right now I don't see that as happening. She deserves to know the truth about him after all of this time. And denying the use of the Kristin / Tom chemistry is just insane. Those two light up the screen when they're together.

Let Lana be a strong woman! Why does she have to keep getting passed around to all these different men?? If she's not going to be with Clark, let her be on her own for a while and give her something to do! Get rid of Lois and let Chloe and Lana do things together. They are roommates afterall. Lana is more than just a pretty face and they should use that. Otherwise just let Kristin out of this hell hole and watch things go into the toilet.

Give Clark a damn backbone. When he stood up to Lionel at the end of "Mercy", I could see the Superman coming out. That is what should be going on here. He hasn't grown up one bit since the beginning of the show. It's about time he did. Whining about not being able to tell Lana is secret is getting old. If he would just tell her, then things would at least be out in the open and all of the damn angst would lighten up a bit.

I'm waiting for Lex to go bad. Having him be friends with Clark seemed contrived from the get go, but now it's just ridiculous. How in the world does he not know that Superman is Clark years later. Did he somehow forget what he looked like?

I wouldn't mind bringing in other super characters. "Run" was one of my favorite episodes of season 4 partially because Bart was completely different than anything we had seen before. Aqua-dude was lame though. Next time pick a better superhero.

Was season 5 better than 4? At the beginning, yes, but shortly before "Reckoning" things started going downhill. I would think that judging by the ratings it's pretty obvious that things aren't good now. I know there are a lot of people who stopped watching after "Reckoning" (myself partially, only watching a couple of episodes) and I don't see it changing for Season 6 unless they make some pretty big changes. Unfortunately it might already be too late since the season is almost over. I could see a significant drop in viewership for Season 6 and it wouldn't be because they're on a new network.

Comment

As many said before the first 3 episodes were amazing.Watching the Clana angst free was so exciting.The introducing of Brainiac was great and maybe the best plot they´ve ever made.Reckoning was the best and the worst episode at the same time.They had a great opportunity but they screwed it with the time reversal.Everything after Reckoning besides of Cyborg were just worse and worser.I want to mention Hypnotic,the Clana breakup was horrible,i think they handle this better.Please cut off Lexana its totally out of character for Lana to hook up with someone she mistrusted in the beginning of the season and now out of nowhere she has feelings for him?Lana is a good one not evil.Whats the purpose of Lois in this show?Just to forshadow the Clark/Lois relationship in the future?I am tired of it please get her off the show.And i have another question who is the hero of this show Clark or Chloe?Please let Clark solve problems on his own,so decrease her screentime.The Lana character is used and abused too much.I´d like to see her more into the mythology.Her ancestors have a connection to kryptonians right?Please use that!And finally give the Clana relationship a real chance with Lana knowing the secret.This couple is the heart of this show they deserves it.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎