No announcement yet.

HIDDEN - Extended Edition

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is good!

Sins of the father...now Clark is going to have to put up with a super kid. Poor Lana, just an unlucky victim.

Is there even more?

Comment

• Oh, yes, there is much more. You may be right - there may be 20 short chapters before I'm done.

Comment

• YES!!... so shall I put it up to 30?? lolol

great update... How many kids do you plan on giving them.... A new one for each of the 20 updates? hehe

ppms
        Last edited by deanyouk; 04-27-2006, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• hmm... a pattern? 1 kid every 2 years?

So the fun begins!!!

Laura is cute...

Very good update... I guess I will have to read the story again... cause of prof Fine...

Well PPMS

how could i forget to add color... hmm... i was too tired this morning i guess
          Last edited by Nemu; 04-27-2006, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nemu
            I guess I will have to read the story again... cause of prof Fine...
            There is an index on page one, with links to the chapters. You can start with Part 38: Fine to refresh your memory on what happened concerning Brainiac, Lex, & Lionel so far.

Basically, when we last left them, Lex was still looking for the ship, which had disappeared - at the same time as Fine. Clark had impaled Fine at the FOS, & he disappeared. Clark had studied the knowledge in the FOS, modified the portal so no one other than he, Lana, & their descendants will be allowed through it, & invented a computer virus which can cause Brainiac to self destruct - IF he ever tries to use a splinter to obtain knowledge from Clark or Lana or their children (they have had the virus chip injected into them). Brainiac has been lying low, & Lex has still been searching for the ship. Brainiac still desires to free Zod & to collect the knowledge of the universe. Maybe I'll shed light on what has been happening with all of this, in one of the next epilogues....

Comment

• cool thanks for the info

Comment

• Awesome, playing throw and catch, what an amazing kid, PPMS

Comment

• I love this story. I'm usually a Clois kind of guy, but I started to think about Clana recently, and I must say, "Clana is just as good as Clois."

Comment

• Right on.

Comment

• Bumpity-bump-bump, bumpity-bump-bump, look at SV go...

PPMS!

Comment

• A Clana Future

Chapter 3: Super-hero

Still 4 years later, picking up where we left off

In the middle of the kiss, Clark suddenly pulls back, and grabs his ears for a moment. Then the ringing subsides.

Clark: (standing up) I’ve gotta go.

Lana: (also standing) Clark, it’s broad daylight. Please use the suit. I’m so worried when you go off to save the day without hiding your identity.

Clark: I can’t, Lana. I just can’t do it. The tights….

Lana: But, Clark, you know that suit will largely protect you from the effects of kryptonite too. I would feel so much better if you would start using it.

Clark: I really have to go. We’ll discuss this more later.

Lana: (frustrated) Later. Right. But “later” never comes.

Clark is struck by the tone in Lana’s voice. He realizes he cannot put off consideration of this any longer. He walks closer to Lana, gently grasps her upper arms, and looks seriously into her eyes.

Clark: I promise, Lana. We’ll discuss it seriously when I get back. Bye now.

He gives her a quick kiss and dashes away.

Lana sighs and plops back down onto the sofa in frustration. Her thoughts return to a day over four years ago, when she and Clark first discussed the suit at the Fortress of Solitude.

Lana: I’ll help you sort it out, Clark. I’ve long known that part of your destiny is to be a hero for Earth - just like you have always been for Smallville. But you’re more than a hero, Clark. You’re a Super-hero. You’re my Super-man. Superman. Yeah. That’s how you can be known to the world, Clark. You can adopt an identity as “Superman” - a Superhero who fights for justice and truth on Earth. “Superman”can use his abilities openly - like you did as Kal in Metropolis - only for good this time.

Clark: But, Lana, if I let my abilities be known and become “Superman” how can I stay married to you, and have our family & live our lives together?

Lana: Our marriage and “normal” family life will be a perfect cover, Clark. There will be no reason for anyone to suspect that Clark Kent is really Superman. We’ll go on with our plans and dreams, having our family, you going to college, and becoming a reporter, and being a regular guy. Clark Kent will not let his abilities be known. But Superman will.

Clark: So I keep two identities: Clark Kent and Superman. But won’t people recognize me? And I guess Superman won’t be allowed to hang out with you.

Lana: Right. That would be a dead give away. As for people recognizing you, well, I guess you’ll have to work on purposely creating two separate “looks” that are so completely different that people won’t be likely to see the resemblance between them. Lets’s see, Superman will be flying a lot, so he should wear something that won’t impede his flight - like tights.

Clark: Tights!!?? Oh, no. I’m not going out in public wearing tights.

Lana: That’s exactly why it’s perfect, Clark. No one would ever expect Clark Kent to be wearing tights. And no one except me will ever have seen your bulging muscles the way they’ll be seen in a skin tight suit. They’ll be so taken with Superman’s physique, they won’t pay much attention to his face. Meanwhile, Clark Kent can purposely become a bit dorkier - to the eyes of the world. No football jock in college. Just a nerdy reporter - maybe wearing glasses - and never tight fitting clothing - to mask how built you actually are.

Clark: Well, I’m not too keen on the tights and body suit, Lana, - or on purposely looking dorky - but your argument is rather convincing. You know, it just might work. At least it will work on people who haven’t known me all their lives. I’m still not sure that people who have known me will be fooled: my parents, Chloe, Lois, Lex, Pete.

Lana: Well, there will be no need to fool your parents and Chloe and Pete. They already know your secret, so may as well stay in on it. So that leaves a very few people who could possible put two and two together: Lois, Lionel, Lex. We’ll just have to keep our eye on them.

Clark: Yeah, but Lex is set to be my foremost enemy, Lana. If he deciphers the truth, the whole plan will blow up in our faces.

Lana: Well, we’ll have to deliberately strive to throw him off, then - just like you’ve done several times already when he thought he had figured out your secret - when you made sure he saw you bleed.

Clark: I guess that’s our only option, Lana. I can’t think of anything better.

Lana: Good. Then it’s settled. Superman you shall become. I’ll put my artistic skills to use designing your tights and body suit & put your Mom’s sewing skills to use making them.

Clark: Are you sure tights is the way to go, Lana. I’m so uncomfortable flaunting my body to the world. It’s different when it’s just for you, Lana. I’d think you wouldn’t really like it either - for me to have women everywhere gawking at my body.

Lana: Well, it’s for the cause of justice & truth. And besides, I’m still the only one who gets to do more than gawk.

Lana smiles for a moment at that last thought, then sighs again. Getting up from the sofa, she walks slowly up the stairs and into the master bedroom, closing the door behind her. Going into the walk-in closet, she sifts through Clark’s flannel shirts, sliding them to the other end of the rack. She does the same with his few dress shirts, and couple of sport coats. She slides back his two suits, and finally comes to his tuxedo - the one he wore for their weddings. Lana smiles as she sees the tux, remembering how handsome Clark looked in it at both weddings - the Kryptonian one, and the Earth wedding in the farmhouse. Then again, he’s handsome in just about anything - to me, she thinks to herself. Finally sliding the tuxedo along the rack as well, Lana reaches for the last garment stashed in the back of the closet: “the suit.” She lifts the hangar from the rod, then carries the garment into the bedroom. She lays “the suit” out on the bed carefully. I have got to convince Clark that he needs this suit. He promised to discuss it when he returns. And I‘m going to hold him to that promise this time.

Fingering the red and blue spandex-like material, Lana’s thoughts return to another day, not long after Jon’s birth.

Lana: Clark, we’ve already discussed the idea of you having a dual identity - one as Clark Kent, and another as Superman - so that your hands won’t be tied as you try to fight evil in the world - and beyond. I’ve got the design for the suit drawn up already. Your Mom hopes to start sewing it soon. What we need is the right kind of material. I was hoping you could draw upon some of your deep scientific knowledge from the Fortress to help us out.

Clark: How? What do you need?

Lana: Well, Clark, I was thinking that it sure would be great if you could develop a special material - maybe treat spandex with lead somehow - so that it might afford you some protection from kryptonite. Do you think that’s possible?

Clark: Maybe. That’s a great idea, Lana. I’m still not too keen on the spandex, but I guess it is for the best.

Lana recalls how diligently Clark studied and worked at the Fortress until he finally was able to successfully treat the spandex with lead in a unique process. She recalled the day he came enthusiastically into their house when Jon was only three months old.

Clark: Lana, I think I have it. We’ve got to test it. Come on. Let’s go!

Lana: Right now? Clark, I just put Jon down for a nap.

Clark: I’ll see if Mom can come stay with him then. We’ll be back before he wakes up. Please, Lana. I’m dying to try it.

Lana: Okay, Clark. Call your mom.

Before long, Clark and Lana were back at the Fortress. Clark had instructed Lana to bring the piece of kryptonite in the led box.

Clark: Okay. Now, Lana, without any protection, I want you to open the box near me, and time how long it takes for me to drop to my knees from weakness. Then close the box.

Lana: Are you sure, Clark?

Clark: Yes, Lana. I’ll be fine.

Lana takes her position near Clark. Lana opens the box. Within a few seconds, Clark has dropped to his knees, and Lana has closed the box.

Lana: Are you alright, Clark? Oh, I hate doing this. I can’t stand seeing you in pain like that.

Clark recovers in a few seconds, and stands back up, strong as ever.

Clark: I’m fine. Now, look at this.

Clark walks over to a corner of the Fortress, then returns to Lana with a bolt of blue spandex-like material. He unwraps several yards of it, and wraps it around his body tightly.

Clark: Okay, Lana, do it again, and time it.

Lana again opens the box, expecting to have to close it again in a moment. But Clark stands there for a minute, two, three. His face begins to show some pain, but his knees are steady. He walks around a bit, closer and farther away from the kryptonite, and closer again. After ten minutes his knees begin to get a little weak again, but not nearly like the first time.

Clark: You can close it, Lana.

Lana closes the box.

Clark: So it does work. It lessens the effect of kryptonite on me, so I can be around it longer. If I could cover my face, I suspect the protection would be even better. But I will NOT wear a mask. I despise them. Anyway, here is the material - the blue and the red, as you requested. I hope those colors work right. Seem kind of bold to me.

Lana: These will be perfect, Clark. Trust me. I’ve designed the suit myself, and your Mom will sew it. So lets get back and get those measurements, and she can begin right away. I’ll feel much better about you going off to save the world if you use the suit, and adopt the Superman identity. You can do so much more if you can openly use all of your abilities.

Sitting on the bed, beside “the suit” , Lana traced the “S” 1!1 with her finger as she now recalled the day “the suit” was finally ready.

Martha arrived at Clark and Lana’s, “the suit” in hand. Clark and Lana disappeared into the bedroom, where Lana helped Clark put “the suit” on for the first time. She stood back and admired her husband, so proud that he will now become the super-hero he is meant to be. She grabs a comb and spray bottle, and slicks down his normally unruly hair.

Lana: There. That makes a world of difference.

Lana smiles widely.

Clark: Does it really look good, Lana? These tights are going to take some getting used to.

Lana: You look awesome, Clark - like a real super-hero.

She walks close to him, and wraps he arms around him.

Lana: I’m so proud of you, Clark. And I want you to know that I will always be here to support you as you take on fully the task of protecting this world - and sometimes other worlds - from evil.

She stretched up to kiss his lips at length.

Lana: I love you, Superman. I had to say that now, because I know that Lana Kent won’t be allowed to be seen hanging out with Superman - and especially not kissing him.

Clark: I love you, too, my wonderful wife. Thanks for standing behind me, supporting me. You know, I’m still a bit uneasy about taking on this dual identity. But with you beside me, I know I’ll be okay.

He drew her into another long kiss.

Clark: Okay, well, I guess it’s tme for me to see how I really look. Lead me to the mirror.

Clark closes his eyes. Lana takes his hand and guides him into the large master bathroom, stopping in front of the full length mirror.

Lana: Okay. Open your eyes whenever you’re ready.

Clark slowly peeks out into the mirror, then quickly shuts his eyes again. Finally, he opens them fully, staring into the mirror at the image of a man he does not recognize. His eyes open really wide now, and his jaw drops, as he scans the image in the mirror from head to toe.

Lana: Well, what do you think?

Clark: Weeeeeell…… it's not the manliest suit.

Lana: You don’t like it?

Clark: You want to know what I honestly think, Lana. (She nods her head.) I look like a fashion-challenged wrestler.

Lana: No you don’t, Clark. You look like a super-hero. You ARE a super-hero.

Clark looks again into the mirror. He shakes his head.

Clark: I don’t think I can do it, Lana.

Lana: Do what?

Clark: Go out in public dressed like this - which feels more like UN-dressed.

Lana: You’re fully covered, Clark.

Clark: But it’s skin-tight, Lana - it just feels like a second skin - not much to help me feel clothed.

Lana: No one will know it is you.

Clark: I know. But still….

That was the first and last time Lana ever saw Clark in “the suit”. Every time he was sent a signal by Jor-El that he was needed somewhere urgently, Lana would remind him to wear the suit. But he never could bring himself to put it on again. So he went on, trying to save people when necessary, all the while still striving to hide his abilities from everyone else. Lana knew that Clark would never live up to his potential, would never fully become the hero he was meant to be, as long as he had to be so careful to hide what he can do. Over four years had gone by. She knew it was her duty to support and encourage him, to help him embrace all of his destiny. She knew that not wearing the suit was holding him back. Her resolve solidified as she sat there on the bed, recalling their history with “the suit”. Her determination grew; she was ready to do whatever is needed to give him a shove in the right direction. He MUST become Superman.
                        Last edited by SVsleuth; 06-08-2006, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• 1st?

ah yes... lead imbued costume.. thats the way to go with Smallville's Supes...

Hmm.. there might be ways to get him to wear the suit... I dunno...

PPMS
                          Last edited by Nemu; 05-05-2006, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Maybe Lana can let Clark know that only Superman will be getting any lovin' from now on.

At least the lead-impregnated suit is catching on!
                            Last edited by Cardinal; 05-05-2006, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• I think it is 'cute' that Clark is so embarassed about his tights

But yeah, I think there are a couple of pretty obvious things that Lana could do to ensure that Clark wears his suit...

After all, which one would know better...

Originally posted by SVsleuth You know, you can always go back & edit the typos, etc...
                              A question for you, Esvie...I think I remember reading on some thread somewhere when I first started on this board that it provided an edit function. Is there one?

Thanks, hc.

Comment

• Originally posted by happycamper
                                A question for you, Esvie...I think I remember reading on some thread somewhere when I first started on this board that it provided an edit function. Is there one?

Thanks, hc.
                                Yes. Look for the "edit" button in the bottom right hand corner of every post -- right next to the "quote" button...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎