Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternate CLANA Scenes - (Companion to The Clana Journals)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet, sweet, sweet!

I'm looking forward to both surprises...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal
      Good update! You are obviously trying to take the title of "Writer Whose Stories Are Most Likely to Cause Diabetic Comas" away from Minnesotagirl!
      So true!!

That was a very nice update. I can't ever imagine SV's Clark singing at a karaoke-night. It's awesome that he’ll do it for Lana. PPMS!

Comment

• Aww they gonna sing for eachother, how cute LOL PPMS!!

Comment

• Alt. CLANA: Pariah Part 8

*(This update contains a bunch of songs. I know many of you are not familiar with some of them, but I hope you can enjoy the update anyway as you read the lyrics. The more adventurous can try to find a way to listen to some of these songs. Enjoy!)*

Thursday passed quickly, with everyone busy rehearsing their songs after school. On Friday it seemed to Clark that school would never end - but finally it did, and he dashed home to rehearse his songs again. Six p.m. found Clark knocking on Lana's apartment door. Instead of the door opening, Clark just heard Lana’s voice calling for him to come in.

Clark opened the door and walked nervously into the apartment, closing the door behind him. He just stood there, looking around, not going more than two feet into the apartment. After several minutes, Lana came out of the bedroom, dressed casually in jeans and a stretch top. She stopped walking when she saw Clark just standing there, right by the door.

Lana: What’s wrong? Why didn’t you come on in?

Clark: Well, Lana , it’s been a while since I’ve been in here - and, I don’t know - somehow it just feels like I shouldn’t be… I just want to be careful to stay in safe territory - you know?

Lana walks over to him.

Lana: Yes, I understand, Clark. But I hardly think anything is going to happen right now - when we are about to head downstairs for the big night. We don’t have to get rigid about the boundaries we’ve set when they don’t make sense. It’s okay for you to come in for a few minutes, when there isn’t much chance of anything happening. Okay?

Lana reaches up to kiss him lightly. Clark stiffens and turns quickly toward the door.

Clark: Let’s go, then.

Lana places a hand on his arm.

Lana: Clark, wait. Look at me.

Clark turns back hesitantly and looks at Lana.

Lana: Clark, relax. I’ve never seen you so uptight. Are you okay?

Clark: I’m just kind of nervous - about this whole singing thing and all. And all these romantic songs we’ve been listening to and all - well…

Lana: Clark, you don’t have to sing if it’s getting you uptight. This night is just for fun. If you’re not going to enjoy it, then just don’t do it. I never meant to push you into doing something you weren’t comfortable doing.

Clark: You didn’t push me, Lana. I want to try this. I’m excited about it - but also nervous. So I have enough to be nervous about without adding the stress of being alone with you in your apartment - even for a few minutes. So, can we just go. I’ll be able to relax better downstairs, I think.

Lana: Okay, let’s go, then. I’ll get my kiss downstairs.

Lana opens the door, pulls Clark out the door, then heads down the stairs.

Clark follows her down. When he reaches the first floor, Lana, standing on the bottom step, reaches her arms around his neck and pulls his lips toward hers. She kisses him rather heavily, deliberately, in full view of everyone gathering at the Talon. When she releases him, Clark is stunned, and his face is flushed.

Clark: (whispering) Lana - what are you doing? Not in front of everyone…

Lana: Not in my apartment…not in front of everyone…Clark, surely you’re not saying I can’t ever kiss you?

Clark grins and shakes his head.

Clark: Of course not! But you’re embarrassing me, Lana.

Lana: Well, now that you’ve already been thoroughly embarrassed, getting up on stage should be a piece of cake.

Before Clark can respond, Chloe walks up to them.

Chloe: What is going on with you two? It’s not like either of you to call attention to yourselves like that. What’s up?

Clark: Nothing. Just…. umm… never mind. Come on, girls, let’s go join Brian and Alicia over there.

Chloe: I can’t. I’m up first on stage. Catch up with you later. And, Clark? - Behave!

Chloe walks off.

Clark: Me? (he turns to Lana) I’m the one who was trying to behave - you…

Lana: Come on, Clark. Brian and Alicia are waiting for us.

Lana grabs his hand and pulls him along to where their friends are already seated, waving to them. Soon they are seated, and the foursome enter into lively conversation, as they sip their lattes and munch on nachos.

Before long, Chloe takes the stage.

Chloe: Welcome, everyone, to Oldies Night at the Talon! We’ll travel back in time to the 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s as many of you share your talents with us. So let’s get things started, as we Rock Around the Clock!

Chloe sings:

One, Two, Three O'clock, Four O'clock rock,
          Five, Six, Seven O'clock, Eight O'clock rock.
          Nine, Ten, Eleven O'clock, Twelve O'clock rock,
          We're gonna rock around the clock tonight.

Put your glad rags on and join me hon',
          We'll have some fun when the clock strikes one.

We're gonna rock around the clock tonight,
          We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'till broad daylight,
          We're gonna rock, gonna rock around the clock tonight.

When the clock strikes two, three and four,
          If the band slows down we'll yell for more.

We're gonna rock around the clock tonight,
          We're gonna rock, rock, rock, 'till broad daylight,
          We're gonna rock, gonna rock around the clock tonight…..

Clark and Lana clap along, enjoying the song as Chloe hams it up on the stage. As the song comes to a close Clark whistles loudly and everyone claps. Someone yells out, “Way to go, Chloe!”

Chloe: Thank you. Next we have a special treat for you. We have a third grade student from Smallville Elementary, who will sing a special song to give the rest of you the courage to get up here. I give you Amanda Morris!

Amanda takes the microphone confidently. She’s obviously not shy about singing on stage, and must have done it before at school. The music plays and the little girl sings confidently:

Sing, sing a song
          Sing out loud
          Sing out strong
          Sing of good things not bad
          Sing of happy not sad.

Sing, sing a song
          Make it simple to last
          Your whole life long
          Don't worry that it's not
          Good enough for anyone
          Else to hear
          Just sing, sing a song.

Sing, sing a song
          Let the world sing along
          Sing of love there could be
          Sing for you and for me.

Sing, sing a song
          Make it simple to last
          Your whole life long
          Don't worry that it's not
          Good enough for anyone
          Else to hear
          Just sing, sing a song.

Amanda gets a standing ovation. Clark leans over to Lana.

Clark: I guess she’s right. We just have to not worry about if it’s good enough. Just sing. If she can do it, we can.

Lana: You’re right. But I don’t want to be next. Let’s wait a bit.
          As Clark and Lana turn their attention back to the stage, they see that Brian has volunteered to sing next. As he begins to sing and move, it seemed to everyone that Elvis himself had taken the stage, singing All Shook Up:

A well I bless my soul
          What's wrong with me?
          I'm itching like a man on a fuzzy tree
          My friends say I'm actin' wild as a bug
          I'm in love
          I'm all shook up
          Mm mm oh, oh, yeah, yeah!

My hands are shaky and my knees are weak
          I can't seem to stand on my own two feet
          Who do you thank when you have such luck?
          I'm in love
          I'm all shook up

Please don't ask me what's on my mind
          I'm a little mixed up, but I'm feelin' fine
          When I'm near that girl that I love best
          My heart beats so it scares me to death!

She touched my hand what a chill I got
          Her lips are like a volcano that's hot
          I'm proud to say she's my buttercup
          I'm in love
          I'm all shook up

My tongue get tied when I try to speak
          My insides shake like a leaf on a tree
          There's only one cure for this body of mine
          That's to have the girl that I love so fine!

The crowd erupts in shouts and applause for Brian’s performance, demanding another Elvis tune. Brian complies, starting Fever:

Never know how much I love you
          Never know how much I care
          When you put your arms around me
          I get a fever that's so hard to bear

You give me fever when you kiss me
          Fever when you hold me tight
          Fever in the morning
          Fever all through the night.

Lana squeezes Clark’s hand and ventures a look at him. She finds his gaze steady upon her. He tightens his grip on her hand. Lana leans closer to him.

Lana: No fires allowed, Clark.

Clark grins.

Clark: I’m okay, Lana. Don’t worry.

He leans over and kisses her lightly on the cheek.

After Brian’s song, a young couple gets up to sing a duet. The song is All I Have to do is Dream:

Dream, dream dream dream, dream, dream dream dream

When I want you in my arms, when I want you and all your charms
          Whenever I want you, all I have to do, is

Dream, dream dream dream

Clark and Lana look at each other and roll their eyes, as they hear another song they had rejected being sung.

When I feel blue in the night, and I need you to hold me tight
          Whenever I want you, all I have to do, is dream

I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine, any time, night or day
          Only trouble is, gee wiz, I'm dreamin' my life away

I need you so that I could die, I love you so, and that is why
          Whenever I want you, all I have to do, is

Dream, dream dream dream, dream

Clark and Lana cannot resist staring into each others’ eyes as the song continues, their hands still clasped together tightly. As the song ends, Clark leans close to her ear.

Clark: Lana, if we’re going to sing, maybe we should do it now. If we have to sit through too many of these kind of songs, I won’t be able to do it at all. I won’t even be able to look at you.

Lana: Okay, then, I’m ready.

Clark and Lana stand up and make their way to the stage. They take their places, each with a microphone in hand. His eyes are on hers, and hers on his, as the music begins - Let it be Me:

Clark:
          God bless the day I found you
          I want to stay around you
          And so I beg you
          Let it be me

Lana:
          Don't take this heaven from one
          If you must cling to someone
          Now and forever
          Let it be me

Clark & Lana:
          Each time we meet love,
          I find complete love
          Without your sweet love
          Tell me, what would life be?

Clark & Lana:
          So never leave me lonely
          Tell me you love me only
          And that you'll always
          Let it be me

As the song ends, Clark and Lana smile with relief, set the microphones down and return to their table, hand in hand. After they are seated, Clark leans over and gives her a small kiss, then whispers in her ear.

Clark: I love you, Lana.

She smiles into his eyes, then they turn their attention back to the stage. Several other singers take the stage, and then Brian again goes up.

Brian: This song I dedicate especially to Alicia.

He looks at her and gives her a nod and a wink. He moves to the edge of the stage and sings directly to Alicia:

Well, I know it's kinda late.
          I hope I didn't wake you.
          But what I gotta say can't wait,
          I know you'd understand.

Every time I tried to tell you,
          The words just came out wrong,
          So I'll have to say I love you in a song.

Yeah, I know it's kinda strange.
          Every time I'm near you,
          I just run out of things to say.
          I know you'd understand.

Every time I try to tell you,
          The words just came out wrong,
          So I'll have to say I love you in a song.

Yeah I know it's kinda late.
          Hope I didn't wake you,
          But there's something I just gotta say.
          Know you'd understand.

Every time I try to tell you,
          The words just came out wrong
          So I'll have to say I love you in a song

Alicia is beaming, as Brian returns to the table. He leans in and kisses her. She whispers back to him.

Alicia: I love you too, Brian. Thanks for the song.

They gaze into each others’ eyes, as Clark leans close to Lana.

Clark: Time for my surprise.

He makes his way to the stage, picks up the microphone, and moves to the spot from which Brian just sang. His eyes seek out Lana’s. He begins to sing from the heart:

Earth Angel,
          Earth Angel,

Lana gasps and covers her mouth with her hand, surprised. Her heart races as Clark continues to sing:

Will you be mine?
          My darling dear,
          Love you all the time.
          I'm just a fool,
          A fool in love with you.

Lana’s eyes are locked on Clark’s.

Earth Angel,
          Earth Angel,
          The one I adore,
          Love you forever
          And evermore.
          I'm just a fool,
          A fool in love with you.

I fell for you
          And I knew
          The vision of your love, loveliness.
          I hope and I pray
          That someday
          I'll be the vision of your hap, happiness.

Oh, Earth Angel,
          Earth Angel,
          Please be mine?
          My darling dear,
          Love you all the time.
          I'm just a fool,
          A fool in love with you.

Clark returns to his seat, amidst the applause. Lana immediately pulls him into a hug and kisses him the way she had done on the stairs earlier. She leans close to his ear.

Lana: You lovable fool. I’m sure no one else caught what is implied by your choice of that particular song; but I did - Kal-El…Clark…I love you… all of you. Now I have a surprise for you, just so you’ll know how much I need you and how long I’ll love you.

Lana makes her way to the stage, and soon she is standing in the spot Clark had just vacated. She keeps her eyes on his, to help calm her nerves, as she begins to sing The Twelfth of Never:

You ask how much I need you.
          Must I explain
          I need you oh my darling
          Like roses need rain.
          You ask how long I'll love you
          I'll tell you true
          Until the twelfth of never
          I’ll still be loving you

Hold me close, never let me go
          Hold me close, melt my heart like April snow.

I'll love you ‘til the blue bells forget to bloom,
          I'll love ‘til the clover has lost it's perfume,
          I'll love you ‘til the poets run out of rhyme
          Until the twelfth of never and that's a long long time.
          Until the twelfth of never and that’s a long long time

And that's a long long time

As Lana returns to the table, Clark stands up, takes her by the elbow, and guides her to the back corner of the room. There, he wraps her in his arms, holding her close to his heart, stroking her hair gently. He whispers in her ear.

Clark: Lana, thank you. You don’t know how much it means to me that you sang for me.

He pulls back enough to look into her eyes, his hand stroking her cheek tenderly.

Clark: I will love you forever and ever, Lana. A love like ours will never die.

Clark draws her lips to his in a tender kiss that lingers. He doesn’t care if anyone is watching this time. Pulling back, he gazes into her eyes once again.

Clark: I know I said I’d never sing something I hadn’t prepared, in front of everyone, but… I just got an idea for another song to sing. So come on.

Clark leads Lana back to her seat, and makes his way to the stage to sing one more song, And I Love Her:

I give her all my love
          That's all I do
          And if you saw my love
          You'd love her too
          I love her

She gives me ev'rything
          And tenderly
          The kiss my lover brings
          She brings to me
          And I love her

A love like ours
          Could never die
          As long as I
          Have you near me

Bright are the stars that shine
          Dark is the sky
          I know this love of mine
          Will never die
          And I love her

Bright are the stars that shine
          Dark is the sky
          I know this love of mine
          Will never die
          And I love her

Clark returns to his seat. He takes Lana’s hand in his as they continue to enjoy the music - and each others’ company - sometimes exchanging glances, or small kisses, other times exchanging long gazes or a lingering kiss. Finally, the singing comes to an end, and most of the patrons leave the Talon, including Brian, Alicia, and Chloe. Clark walks Lana to the stairs and pauses. He looks down at her lovingly. She looks up at him, not wanting the night to end. She steps onto the first step, and a second, then reaches back for his hand, guiding him to follow her to the top. Clark follows her. They pause in front of her door. The Talon is deserted below, except for the clean-up crew. Clark pulls Lana into the shadows at the far end of the upper landing, beyond her door. He draws her into his arms, and her lips to his own.

Clark: Good-night, my love.

Lana: I wish this night didn’t have to end. It’s been so perfect.

Clark: Yes, it has. But it would be irresponsible of me to step one inch inside of your door right now - as much as I want to.

Lana: You’re so right, Clark. So I’ll let you go now. See ya tomorrow?

Clark: Yeah, definitely. Why don’t you come for breakfast?

Lana: Okay. I’ll be there. See ya in the morning, then. Good-night.

Clark and Lana share one more tender kiss, before Clark heads for the stairs. He watches from the bottom as Lana enters her apartment, then makes his way out and back home, thinking, “I can’t wait till breakfast.”

Here are the songs used in this update, and one group or person who sang the song. I hope you enjoyed Karaoke Night:
          Rock Around the Clock (Bill Haley) - Theme Song for "Happy Days"
          Sing! (The Carpenters) - You might have even heard this on Sesame Street
          All Shook Up (Elvis Presley) - See Elvis dance!
          Fever (Elvis Presley) - hear Elvis' deep sexy voice
          All I Have to do is Dream (The Everly Brothers)
          Let it be Me (Elvis Presley)
          I’ll Have to Say I Love You in a Song (Jim Croce)
          Earth Angel (Chuck Berry) - You've heard this in "Relic" on SV, & in Back to the Future
          The Twelfth of Never (Elvis Presley) - some may remember Donny Osmond's version
          And I Love Her (The Beatles) - Classic Beatles

(I plan one more update for Alt. Pariah.)
          Last edited by SVsleuth; 04-20-2006, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• 1st??

Well I knew a few of those songs...

That was good!!!!! and sweet...

what else to say... hmmm....

Great work!!!

PPMS
            Last edited by Nemu; 04-20-2006, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• With that much fuel, I'm surprised Clark didn't burn down the entire downtown area!

Lana should know better than to lay a hot and neavy kiss on Clark in front of a crowd. He'd never go for that normally, he's too shy.

After the way you've reworked Pariah, you'll have to change the title, because there isn't a pariah in the story anymore.

Comment

• Hey I knew almost all the songs! I think Lana's is the only one that escaped me....oh well it was still a sweet update! I'm with Clark can't wait til breakfast!

PPMS!

Comment

• Great job SV, i knew most of the songs Yay me! LOL cant wait for more! PPMS

Comment

• Oh, good! If NYC & akuma knew most of the songs, that is a relief. I was afraid your generation hadn't heard them....

Comment

• I couldn't help smiling to myself through almost all of your post...great job!

I do have to comment, though, that your Lana and Clark are very responsible and clear-thinking...

PS Loved all the songs!

Comment

• Originally posted by happycamper
                        I do have to comment, though, that your Lana and Clark are very responsible and clear-thinking...
                        Well, maybe that's because they were only drinking coffee, not alcohol, AND they had a good moral upbringing.
                        Last edited by SVsleuth; 04-20-2006, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Heh. Great stuff so far--the songs were a real boost.

PPMS!

Comment

• SV...WOW! That was absolutely awesome. I knew a lot of the songs... I really like the Jim Croce one, my parents listen to it a lot... Great writing...PPMASAP!

Comment

• Bumpity, bump, bump!

Comment

• Alt. CLANA: Pariah Part 9

Next morning, as Clark awakens, he remembers right away that Lana is coming to breakfast. A wide smile spreads across his face as he rolls out of bed. I should let Mom know Lana is coming, he thinks to himself. Exiting his room, Clark takes the stairs two at a time. As he nears the bottom, he calls out to Martha.

Clark: Mom…Mom… I wanted to let you know that La -

As he rounds the corner he stops, seeing that Lana is already there, seated on a bar stool.

Lana, hearing his voice, looks up in time to see Clark round the corner into the kitchen - shirtless, wearing only pajama pants, and in his bare feet. Her eyes scan him from head to toe and back again, finally focusing on his bare chest. Wow! is all she can think. After a few moments, her eyes meet his in a long gaze. Martha, observing Lana’s reaction, clears her throat, snapping Clark out of the gaze. He finally finds his voice.

Clark: Lana - you’re early. I wasn’t expecting you quite yet.

Lana: Obviously. (She scans him again.) If you’d rather I leave and come back later…

Clark: No!… No, stay. Um… I better go up and change. I’ll be back in a few minutes. Okay?

Lana: Take your time, Clark. I’ll help your mom with breakfast.

Clark dashes back up the stairs, and superspeeds through his shower, then dresses quickly. In no time, he again descends the stairs into the kitchen. This time, Lana is at the stove, cooking omelets. Clark comes up behind her, slides his arms around her from behind, and kisses her on the cheek.

Clark: Good morning, beautiful.

Lana flips the omelet, then turns around, wraps her arms around Clark , and lifts her face for a kiss. Clark obliges gladly.

Lana: Good morning, handsome.

She smiles into his eyes for a few moments, before turning back to the omelet, lifting it from the pan onto a plate. She hands the plate to Clark.

Lana: Hope you’re hungry. You get started on that. The biscuits will be done in a minute.

Martha: The biscuits are ready now. Clark, will you take them out of the oven for me, while I go find your dad?

Clark: Sure thing, Mom.

Clark sets the plate on the table, then opens the oven and takes out the biscuits, using his bare hands.

Lana starts to react, then recalls that he won’t be burned and smiles.

Lana: That must be a convenient ability to have. Never have to search for potholders.

Clark dumps the biscuits into a wicker basket and sets them on the table.

Before long Jonathan and Martha return, and the four of them enjoy a delicious breakfast together. Clark’s parents are shocked to hear from Lana that Clark actually sang two songs alone at Karaoke night, in addition to the one he rehearsed with Lana.

Jonathan: I never realized you could sing Clark.

Lana: He’s a man of many hidden talents, Mr. Kent.

Lana smiles at Clark and he reaches out to grasp her hand . Their eyes lock for another long moment, before the conversation continues…

Before long, breakfast is over. Clark speedily cleans up the kitchen, then takes Lana’s hand and leads her out to the porch swing. They sit on the swing, Clark’s arm around Lana, her head on his chest, swinging slightly, in a peaceful silence. Lana fingers her bracelet absentmindedly as she rests in Clark’s arms. Clark’s eyes are drawn to the bracelet.

Clark: Lana, do you still wonder about that bracelet, and the legends that Professor Willowbrook told us about?

Lana: All the time, Clark. I wonder if it really is the bracelet he thinks it is. I wonder if it really has a secret power - and if so, if we will ever find out what it is. I wonder about the prophecy - that the woman on the cave wall is the one Naman is destined to be with. I wonder if you really are Naman, and if I really am the woman you are destined to be with.

Clark: Lana, I don’t know the answers to most of those questions. But the one thing I do know is that you are the woman I choose to be with. No matter what the prophecies say - no matter whether they refer to me or not - I desire to be with you, Lana - I intend to be with you - only you.

Clark kisses Lana’s forehead and tightens his arm around her shoulder. She tips her head back to look up at him. He smiles at her and leans down to kiss her gently.

Lana: I feel the same way, Clark. But I’m still curious about those prophecies and legends - and also about how those Kryptonian symbols ended up on a tomb in Paris & on my back. I mean, did Isobel have some connection to Krypton? I’d still love to solve that mystery, Clark - although I’m hesitant too. I certainly don’t want to risk being possessed by Isobel again.

Clark: No, I would hate that. But I’d like to know what was really going on too. Maybe Chloe could help. She’s the expert sleuth around here. You know, we promised Chloe that we’d fill her in on the rest of my story - about the caves, the bracelet, the stones… & your tattoo. Maybe we could do that today. She could meet us here, and we could take her to the caves to fill her in.

Lana: That would be great, Clark. Why don’t you call her now?

Before long, Clark reaches Chloe, and proposes the idea. Chloe is excited about the trip to the caves, and agrees to come as soon as she can.

An hour later, Clark is guiding Lana and Chloe into the caves. They reach the place where the octagonal keyhole is. Chloe looks around at the symbols and pictographs on the walls.

Chloe: So where are those pictographs of Naman and Segeeth you told me about?

Clark: Over here.

Clark points out the images to Chloe. She climbs part way up the wall to get a better look.

Chloe: How did you know what it meant, Clark?

Clark: Kyla told me. The story had been passed on among her people for generations.

Chloe: What’s this picture here?

Chloe points to the face of the woman on the cave wall, then climbs carefully down.

Clark: Kyla said that is the woman Naman is destined to be with.

Chloe: Oh - so….if you are Naman, then that would be…

Clark: Lana. Yes. That’s right.

Lana shows Chloe the bracelet that Clark gave to her - the one Professor Willowbrook had given to him. She shows Chloe the design on the bracelet and how it matches the one beneath the pictograph. She tells Chloe about the similar bracelet she had inherited from her mother.

Lana: These bracelets were passed down in both families through the women of the family - and both of them have come to me.

Chloe: But where did the bracelets come from?

Clark: The visitor from the stars who is the ancestor of the Kawatche people is said to have brought a special bracelet - which we believe to be this bracelet. It is said to possess a unique power, which can only be unleashed by Naman and the woman he is destined to be with.

Chloe: So, you believe that this “visitor” was from Krypton - and that this bracelet is from Krypton - and has some special Kyptonian power attached to it?

Clark: Yes.

Chloe: What about Lana’s other bracelet? Where did it come from?

Clark: We don’t know, Chloe. We only know it was passed down through the women of her family - and that her ancestors were from a place in France called Castlenau de Montmiral. You actually researched that for Lana, Chloe.

Chloe: And you were intrigued that a Countess Marguerite Isobel Theroux was your ancestor from there - right, Lana?

Lana: Yeah. I was intrigued - until she possessed me.

Chloe: What? She possessed you? When? What are you talking about?

Lana: Well, I don’t really remember it either. Clark had to tell me all about it. And her two friends possessed you and Lois too.

Chloe: Wait! You’re telling me I was possessed by someone from the 16th century? When? I don’t remember anything.

Clark: It was on your 18th birthday, Chloe. What do you remember?

Chloe: My birthday? Well, I had figured out that Lois was planning a party for me at your barn; but I played dumb, so she’d think she had surprised me. So Lois and Lana and I were together, but Lana led us into the woods to have a drink - she got some wine from Lex. Well, I don’t know what was in that wine, but the next thing I remember, I was waking up on my bed, dressed in some really slutty clothes. I don’t remember ever having the party.

Clark: Well, here’s what really happened. Lana bought a book. She had found it on e-bay - it was the “Spell book” of Countess Marguerite Isobel Theroux, her ancestor. Lana was hoping she’d learn something about her ancestors - maybe even something about where her bracelet came from. But, when she touched a certain symbol on a page in the book - a page splattered with blood - Isobel possessed Lana. Then Isobel created a potion, which she had you and Lois drink - and you were possessed by her two friends from the 16th century. You all seemed to have magic powers or at least some very unusual abilities. You all used them to create a really wild party in my barn. The next day, when I figured out what had happened, I went to Lana’s apartment to see the book. Isobel used a kind of telekinesis power to get the book from me - so I used my heat vision to burn the book. It was then that Isobel left Lana, and her friends left you and Lois. And the tattoo on Lana’s back disappeared.

Chloe: Tattoo? What tattoo?

Lana: Well, that’s the part of the story that involves my secret, Chloe.

Chloe: You have secrets too, Lana? Holy cow!

Lana: When I was in Paris, I visited the tomb of Isobel. The same symbol from the spell book was on her tomb - that symbol.

Lana indicates the L.L. symbol on the cave wall. Chloe looks, intrigued.

Lana: When I touched it, something happened to me. There was a bright light, and the next thing I knew, I was waking up in my apartment, naked. And that symbol was engraved on my lower back. When I saw it, I remembered seeing it in these caves. I came home to try to find the connection. But I still don’t understand it all. And that tattoo disappeared when Clark burned the book.

Chloe: Wow! This is fascinating!

Clark: There’s more. Lana made a rubbing of the image on Isobel’s tomb.

Clark opens the cardboard tube he had brought along, removes the art project, and unrolls it. He shows it to Chloe, who immediately sees the likeness to the woman on the wall - and to Lana. She notices the similarity of the necklace and the design on the bracelets.

Chloe stares at all of it, incredulously.

Chloe: It’s as if it is Lana’s face on the wall & on the tomb - or else her ancestor looked exactly like her. Do you think it is pointing to your necklace, Lana? Whatever became of your necklace - the one you always used to wear - that was made from a fragment of the meteor that….

Lana: It’s okay, Chloe. Well, the last I had it, I gave it to Whitney - or at least I thought it was Whitney. Turns out it was Tina Greer, pretending to be Whitney. I never got it back.

Clark: Lana, I know where it is. Tina used it against me - she somehow knew my weakness to the meteor rocks. My spaceship neutralized it. I still have it, Lana. Remind me to give it back to you. It can’t harm me anymore, so you could wear it again, if you like.

Lana: Wow! I never realized that had happened, Clark! Thanks. Yes, I would love to have it again.

Chloe: Wait - guys, it seems these clues are pointing not only to Lana, but also to her necklace. There may be a reason for that. Maybe it has some special power - or maybe it is just to help identify her as the one Naman is destined to be with - or the one descendant of Isobel who is somehow important.

Lana: But Chloe, how could anyone know enough about me hundreds of years ago to know that I would wear a necklace made of meteor rock? Could someone really see into the future?

Chloe: Maybe. Or maybe someone was able to travel into the future.

Clark: Time travel? I don’t know, Chloe.

Chloe: Come on, Clark. From what you’ve told me about Krypton, it had a highly advanced technology. Why couldn’t they have developed and used time travel? Or maybe whatever power was used to allow Isobel and her friends to possess us - maybe that power was somehow used.

Clark: The transference.

Chloe: What?

Clark: Chloe, remember the stone I told you about - the one that caused Lionel and me to switch bodies? Well that stone had the same symbol - it means transference. The stone - or maybe the symbol - had the ability to switch us. Maybe a similar thing happened with Lana and Isobel - they switched bodies temporarily.

Lana: Clark - I never told you this, but once - I had a nightmare. It was as if I was being burned at the stake. It was the most terrifying nightmare I’d ever had. Could that have been Isobel’s memories - or my memories of being in her? I dismissed it as a nightmare based on the research we had done about Isobel’s past. But it felt so real.

Chloe: This is really weird, you guys. How can my two best friends have all of this mysterious stuff going on in their lives. I am overwhelmed!

Chloe looks again at the symbol and the image of the woman on the wall. She looks to Clark, and to Lana. Se looks at the art project image again. She then focuses on Lana’s bracelet. Her mind is spinning.

Chloe: Lana, were you wearing one of those bracelets when you touched Isobel’s tomb - and her book?

Lana thinks for a long moment.

Lana: Yes - the one from my mom that was passed down from my ancestors - maybe even from Isobel. Why?

Chloe: I don’t know. Just a hunch, I guess. Maybe the bracelet had something to do with the things that happened to you - a power or a spell was attached to it, that was activated by that symbol on the tomb and in the book.

Clark: That makes a lot of sense, Chloe. That would explain why, of the many descendants of Isobel, Lana was the one she possessed - she had the bracelet - the bracelet was somehow drawn to the symbol on the tomb and in the book.

Chloe: All of these spells, or this technology, or whatever it is - it seems to have ties to Krypton, Clark. The symbols are Kryptonian.

Clark: I know. And there is more mysterious stuff too. That stone I took from Lex when I was Kal-El? It is now in a slot in a special table - behind that wall.

Clark indicates a certain wall in the cave.

Clark: There are two more slots in the table, Chloe, for two more stones. One of the symbols matches the transference symbol we’ve been discussing. I don’t know who now has that stone. I had it when I switched back with Lionel, but then it dropped, and I lost it. The other symbol matches the crest of the House of El, which Jor-El had burned onto my chest before I went to Metropolis. I told you about that the other night. I don’t know where that stone is either. But it seems that Isobel sought the stones; and Lionel sought them. Maybe others are seeking them too - maybe even Lex. Lex has an old manuscript with Kryptonian writing on it. There is a map. I have the feeling that maybe it is a map to the location of the third stone.

Chloe: Why do so many people seek these stones? What can they do?

Clark: I’m not sure, Chloe. Edgar, my cellmate when I was in Lionel, said that uniting the three stones will lead to a trove of knowledge greater than that in the great library of Alexandria. And I get the feeling that Jor-El wants me to unite the stones. He seems to think they are meant for me or something. I don’t know why - but I still don’t trust him.

Chloe: Mind-boggling! All of this! I mean, geez - my best friend is an alien with lots of superpowers, my other best friend has some strange connection to an ancestor of hers who went so far as to possess her, everyone is looking for three stones of power - and even Lionel & Lex may be seeking them. My brain is on overload! I hate to ask, but is that finally it? Any more secrets?

Clark: No more that I can recall at the moment, Chloe. So now you are in on all of the truth about me - and about Lana. And hopefully, you can even help us as we continue to try to understand what is going on, and how all of this is connected to Krypton.

Chloe: Clark, you know I’m always ready to investigate a good mystery. So if you want my help, I’m ready to investigate away. BUT… I want to make it clear to both of you, that I will reveal my findings only to you. So you don’t have to worry about me writing a story or anything about this. Your secrets are safe with me. I promise you.

Clark: Thanks, Chloe. We really appreciate that.
                                Clark hugs Chloe, then Lana does too.

Lana: Well, I think we’ve been down here long enough. Anyone else ready to head back and find some lunch? I’m starved!

Clark: Lunch sounds great to me! Come on, girls. My treat.

Clark wraps an arm around Lana as the three friends exit the caves and head off to lunch, happy that their friendships are more solid than ever before.

(End of Alt. Pariah)
                                Last edited by SVsleuth; 04-24-2006, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎