Awake (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awake (NBC)

Official Description courtesy of Inside TV from EW:

Awake:When Detective Michael Britten regains consciousness following his family’s car accident, he is told that his wife Hannah perished but that his teen son, Rex has survived. As he tries to put the pieces of his life back together, he awakens again in a parallel reality in which his wife is very much alive — but his son Rex died in the accident.

Airings not posted on the schedule at this time. Most likely it'll be mid-season.

Interesting

Comment

I'm confused already

Comment

Sounds cool. I like AU storylines.

I only hope it manages to stay on longer than Life on Mars or Journeyman which were both shows that I LOVED that got the axe. Hell I am still reeling over John Doe being cancelled.

Comment

This is a show I'm really looking forward to since I heard of the concept a few weeks ago and saw the trailer on youtube. Besides the the main character wanting both realites because of his wife in one & his son in the other, he also learns things pertaining to solving crimes from one reality that he can carry over to slightly different 2nd reality.

Here is the trailer.
          Lots of people find themselves leading some kind of double life... but none quite like this.

Great actor they chose for the lead and what he says at the end of the trailer...I already can tell the show is going to be such an emotional pull on me.

----- Added 30 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by vyperman7
          Sounds cool. I like AU storylines.

I only hope it manages to stay on longer than Life on Mars or Journeyman which were both shows that I LOVED that got the axe. Hell I am still reeling over John Doe being cancelled.
          Totally agree with you on those shows that you mentioned.

That's one thing I'm worried about that this show is airing on a network so heavily depending on high ratings off the bat. I could see the concept seem confusing to the general audience or not take to it right away at first. IMO It looks like to me the show fits better on a network like AMC where it has more time to grow and find the right audience.
          Last edited by Clois/is/hot; 07-20-2011, 12:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I saw the trailer a few months ago, and I can't wait!

Comment

Sounds really interesting !

But I'm afraid it's gonna turn like Tru Calling and die because of low ratings.

Comment

Awake (NBC)

I saw an ad during the Super Bowl for a new show on NBC (premieres March 1). It's called "Awake". It really caught my attention because it's such a unique concept for a show. I've never seen anything like it. Apparently there's fatal accident and a guy looses his wife...or his son. We don't know which. Because when the guy sleeps, the one he lost is alive in his dreams. Unfortunately for him, his dreams are so life-like that he can't tell reality from dream. He knows he lost one but he'd not entirely sure which one. I definitely plan on checking it out. You may want to as well.
                Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-06-2012, 05:04 PM. Reason: Merged thread, and trailers are at KSiteTV

Comment

It debuts Thursday, March 1st at 10/9 Central!

This was originally supposed to debut midseason, but I think they delayed the premiere to re-write some of the scripts. Better late than never! I can't wait to see how it turns out. And with a 13-episode order, that means no breaks!

Comment

NBC has released the pilot online a few weeks early: http://www.ksitetv.com/awake/nbc-rel...ks-early/11828

Comment

One of the best pilots I've seen. I hope they can keep the concept interesting for the whole season.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                        NBC has released the pilot online a few weeks early: http://www.ksitetv.com/awake/nbc-rel...ks-early/11828
                        I think I'm going to hold off and watch it once it airs on TV.

Comment

I wished we saw them as a happy family first before the accident but other than that I thought it was a really good pilot.

Comment

It was a really great pilot! It'll be interesting to see where it goes. I think the story is moving too quickly, though. I understand wanting to fit as much into the first episode to hook the audience, but I think some of the storylines [SPOILER] (such as his wife wanting to move and wanting another child) [/SPOILER] could be used later on, instead of episode 1. But one of the executive producers worked on 24, so I think they can keep the interesting storylines coming. Even though I just saw it, I still can't wait to see it again on March 1st!

----- Added 2 Minutes later -----

Originally posted by Clois/is/hot
                            I wished we saw them as a happy family first before the accident but other than that I thought it was a really good pilot.

Yeah, me too. Even Smallville had about 2 minutes of happiness before the meteor shower in its Pilot. I was surprised it started with the accident.
                            Last edited by jsm; 02-16-2012, 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'll watching the pilot as I speak and one question comes to mind...What's the possibility that the guy is actually the one who died in the crash and he's simple in limbo going from one manifestation to the other?

And on a side note Wilmer was a bit unrecognizable at first until he spoke and realized it was him
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-29-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎