The Playboy Club (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Playboy Club (NBC)

Official Description courtesy of Inside TV from EW:

Wow, NBC's OD's are a lot...skimpier. (Pun intended)

The Playboy Club: The drama is set in the early ‘60s, and focuses on the famed Playboy Club in Chicago.

Airs Monday nights at 10 P.M. EST.

http://www.ksitetv.com/7663/smallvil...-playboy-club/ Cassidy Freeman is going to guest star!

Comment

Originally posted by KryptonSite
      http://www.ksitetv.com/7663/smallvil...-playboy-club/ Cassidy Freeman is going to guest star!
      That is so Cool. Thanks for posting.
      Cassidy will be playing a [COLOR=#ffffff !important][COLOR=#ffffff !important]Chicago[/COLOR][/COLOR] socialite named Frances Dunhill who takes on a "for show"-only relationship with Eddie Cibrian's character of Nick Dalton. TVLine's article states that "the arrangement benefits both parties, as Nick runs for public office and Frances labors to please her father (while also concealing a secret)."
      A Socialite? We'll we be seeing CF in a bunny suit anyway? I think I know few people on here who will be hoping for that. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Clois/is/hot
        A Socialite? We'll we be seeing CF in a bunny suit anyway? I think I know few people on here who will be hoping for that. lol
        I'm 1 of those people!

Comment

I hadn't planned on watching The Playboy Club although taking place in the 60's sounds interesting since I lived through that era. I might have to catch the episode Cassidy is in.

Comment

I wasn't planning on watching this show as it doesn't appeal to me, but I'll tune in to the episode Cassidy appears in.

Comment

The premiere is on RIGHT NOW! It started a few minutes before the start of the hour, so it didnt record the very beginning for me, thankfully I checked to see if that would happen... not sure what exactly I missed...

Comment

This show has major competition. It's up against 2 awesome shows. Hawaii Five-O and Castle.

Comment

^^^
                  Yeah I guess the competition was too tough for this show. It didn't do well at all.
                  Things were much gloomier for NBC. The Sing Off didn't crack a 2.0 rating and the premiere of The Playboy Club managed only a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. By comparison, last season's premiere of the now cancelled Chase scored a 2.5 adults 18-49 rating in the preliminary numbers

Comment

I gave this one a shot on the off chance that it might be enjoyable, but I just got nothing from it. Didn't care about the characters. The acting was spotty. It seemed generic, through and through. There was really nothing that would make me watch again. The best I could say was that it's okay. Not atrociously bad, just not good. Frankly, I'm not surprised at the ratings.

Comment

I wasn't going to watch, but it came on again on Bravo so I gave it a shot. Surprising, I thought it was pretty good. I'm not a fan of the lawyer guy's acting, but I did like the chemistry between him and the blonde. I might check out the second episode. I just wish it wasn't on at the same time as Hawaii Five-O and Castle.

Comment

Parents Television Council is calling for a boycott of the series. I Googled the story and it appears some advertisers are pulling their ads. This is not looking good unfortunately for the series.

Comment

Wow! I didn't know that. I wonder if that will get the show more attention?

Looks like Cassidy will be in this week's episode...

Comment

7 sponsors have pulled ads from the show. Some of them include Subway, Sprint and PF Chang's. I think this is the 2nd time this yr Subway has pulled ads from shows. They were doing ads on Skins but distanced themselves by dropping all ads from that series too. Playboy Club is having a tough start.

Comment

Yeah, it's probably not going to last long.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎