Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The X Factor [U.S. version (FOX)]

Official Description courtesy of Inside TV from EW:

THE X FACTOR
    Simon Cowell returns to FOX in the award-winning international phenomenon THE X FACTOR. This new competition series, hosted by Nicole Scherzinger and Steve Jones, gives viewers the opportunity to help choose the next global superstar or breakout music group. THE X FACTOR judges will travel the nation searching for undiscovered talent 12 years old or over – both solo artists and vocal groups – who are willing to brave the panel for a chance to make their dreams come true.

Performance shows air Wednesday nights at 8 P.M. EST.
    Results shows airs Thursday nights at 8 P.M. EST.

season premire tonight

Comment

Some of those contestants were so awful, it was funny. And then there was the guy who took down his pants, that was just gross.

I liked the stories of some of the people - like the little girl who wanted to make money or the former drug addict. This could be fun. And like Idol, the auditions are a disaster... as they should be.

Comment

I only saw the first episode but, it was pretty good. With any audition you have people who are bad, terrible, good, great and everything in between

Simon surprised me. He seemed nicer and looked to be enjoying himself more on this series than in Al. "His series" being the key word.

Comment

The X-Factor Series Premiere Quarter Breakdown

THE X FACTOR 8:00-8:15 - 10.340 million viewers - 6.5/11 HH - 3.5/11 A18-49 8:15-8:30 - 11.388 million viewers - 6.9/11 HH - 3.9/12 A18-49 8...

8:00-8:15
          - 10.340 million viewers
          - 6.5/11 HH
          - 3.5/11 A18-49

8:15-8:30
          - 11.388 million viewers
          - 6.9/11 HH
          - 3.9/12 A18-49

8:30-8:45
          - 12.965 million viewers
          - 7.7/12 HH
          - 4.4/13 A18-49

8:45-9:00
          - 13.585 million viewers
          - 7.9/12 HH
          - 4.8/13 A18-49

9:00-9:15
          - 12.787 million viewers
          - 7.4/11 HH
          - 4.5/12 A18-49

9:15-9:30
          - 12.545 million viewers
          - 4.5/11 HH
          - 4.5/11 A18-49

9:30-9:45
          - 12.656 million viewers
          - 7.3/11 HH
          - 4.4/11 A18-49

9:45-10:00
          - 13.685 million viewers
          - 8.0/12 HH
          - 4.9/12 A18-49

Comment

So... Night 2. I liked it. Some of the contestants were hilarious. And I have to say - I would totally watch Xander Alexander on a sitcom. Him making fun of Simon was hilarious!

That redneck who sold his truck though... what was he thinking? And I'm really glad the guy who did music in the 80's got a second chance beyond the James Brown thing.

Comment

Random thoughts tonight (if anyone is reading, haha)...

That Brennan guy seemed like such a douchebag. But then he could actually sing! Hopefully he'll get over that ego if he continues.

That 525,600 Minutes kid sounded like a kazoo. That was pretty awful.

And Ausem... they should have said no to them. The girl was awful; she didn't even sing into the microphone. The guy deserved to move on, but also, he should have known better than to pair himself with a girl who honestly could not sing. :-/

It's too bad this show isn't doing better... I like it a lot.

Comment

So the final 17 are revealed, i'm glad Melanie is kept it. What were you thinking Simon?

Anyway looking forward to the live shows next Tuesday. We have our 3rd live show on Saturday here in the UK.

Comment

Melanie was my fav...when she sang that song during her first audition. She was robbed. Melanie was much better than the girl. I was like, there she is, the winner of the first season....but, than again like AI the clear star usually gets cut before they make it.

Simon should have at least told her to come back and try again next season.
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-19-2011, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Wow... so I get Astro is a kid, but he was a tool tonight. I think he kind of deserves to be in the Bottom Two from here on out.

Stacy, while not the best, at least sung her heart out and TRIED tonight. And was never rude.

I kind of hate these results shows though, I end up DVR-ing and zooming past at least half of it. It takes forever to get to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                      Wow... so I get Astro is a kid, but he was a tool tonight. I think he kind of deserves to be in the Bottom Two from here on out.
                      I didn't like him to begin with. You're absolutely right.

Comment

Astro was of course rude. But I thought it was ridiculous when the audience was booing him and shouting for Simon to vote him off. No matter how hard headed and annoying his reaction, he's still a kid.
                        Simon did the right thing by putting him in his place, and HE didn't do it in a rude way.

Comment

I happened to catch some of Xfactor USA last week lol just the part with Astro, i get it was out of his League saying that but Simons reaction was horrible - hes still a child with feelings, and hes ridiculed in from of millions lbeing told off like a naughty school kid!!

Though maybe thats just coz ive watched all these years on UK Xfacor and know how evil Simon really is.. Kidding, sorta.

Comment

Although childish, I still think Astro lost me as a fan. Even since then, he seems to make excuses for it, and on Twitter made it sound like the show was rigged, which I just thought was very uncool.

And then last night's performance, he made all about himself in ways I don't think the others did. Maybe people are forgiving him, but I don't really care for him anymore.

Compare his behavior with Rachel Crow, who is so gracious and appreciative of where she is right now. She's a class act.

Comment

^After his performance last night even I can't stomach him. I don't get why the judges loved that song. it was SOOO self absorbed. That did not send out a good message.
                              He's still a talented kid, and he'll go far when he grows up a little bit.

I'm glad Chris, Drew and Rachel are still in it!! Those will be the ones I'm rooting for. I wasn't a fan at all of the country groups Taylor Swift performance and I didn't understand why Simon loved that one. o_0 It sounded really bad imo. And I don't get how that song was meant for their fathers and grandmother, just saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎