Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Girl (FOX)

Official Description courtesy of Inside TV from EW:

NEW GIRL (working title)
    A new single-camera comedy from Liz Meriwether (“No Strings Attached”) that features a young ensemble cast and takes a fresh and outrageous look at modern male/female relationships. JESS DAY (Zooey Deschanel, “(500) Days of Summer”) is an offbeat and adorable girl in her late 20s who, after a bad breakup, moves in with three single guys. Goofy, positive, vulnerable and honest to a fault, Jess has faith in people, even when she shouldn’t. Although she’s dorky and awkward, she’s comfortable in her own skin. More prone to friendships with women, she’s not used to hanging with the boys – especially at home. Of the three male roommates, NICK (Jake Johnson, “No Strings Attached”) is the most grounded. He had big plans for life, but somewhere along the way, he stopped caring and became a bartender. Usually the smartest guy in the room, he has an uncanny knack for reading people and uses humor to deflect everyone and everything. SCHMIDT (Max Greenfield, “Ugly Betty”) is a hustling young professional who fancies himself a modern-day Casanova. Though his heart is usually in the right place, he’s always scheming ways to climb the social ladder and is driven by an immature and almost obsessive urge to be on “the scene.” Viewing Jess as a gateway into the elusive female mind, as well as a personal project, Schmidt encourages the guys to bring Jess into the apartment. The third roommate, COACH (Damon Wayans Jr., “The Underground”), is a former high school athlete who currently makes his living as a personal trainer. Set in his ways and with a take-it-or-leave-it attitude to dating, Coach is most comfortable when he’s in the gym. Though he’ll never admit it, Coach’s macho athletic exterior is actually a cover for his shyness around women, and he struggles to translate his personal confidence into conversation, preferring to speak in sports metaphors – or not at all. Rounding out this group is Jess’ childhood best friend, CECE (Hannah Simone, “Beautiful People”), a deadpan, somewhat cynical model who blossomed after outgrowing her promiscuous adolescent years. She has the street smarts Jess lacks and spends a lot of time doling out no-nonsense relationship advice that only a professional model could give. She and Jess balance each other well and accept each other despite their faults, making Cece the perfect complement to Jess. As their relationships progress, the five friends come to realize they need each other more than they ever thought they would and end up forming a charmingly dysfunctional family.

Airs Tuesdays at 9 P.M. EST.

Zooey Deschanel is so lovely! But unfortunately I will probably opt to watch Ringer live over this.

Comment

If you have Tivo the Pilot episode is up. Either at the banner at the bottom or go to the showcase section.

I thought it was pretty funny. Liked when they were making fun of Lord of the Rings. I looked the "douchebag guy" he kept saying a bunch of pervy things and everyone just looks at him like hes weird.

Comment

Ive seen people say you can also see the Pilot On Demand too.

I heard they are replacing Damon Waynes cause he is doing another show and only did this pilot incase his other show got cancelled
        Last edited by superhippie2000; 09-03-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I saw the pilot last night. I didn't know it was available On Demand though.

I thought it was okay, Jess (the main character) is really funny, but some of the show was kind of generic to me. I did NOT need to see Deputy Leo taking his shirt off all the time. The ABC pilot Apartment 23 is a lot funnier, but it doesn't premiere until midseason

I probably won't be watching because like someone else said in this thread, I'll probably be watching Ringer live.

Comment

^^^Thanks for the heads up....the pilot is on demand; too bad its the only one they did on the network.

----- Added 7 Minutes later -----

Yeah, I'm probably not going to be watching the rest of this series....Damon Wayne Jr.'s other show is much more entertaining; I didn't watch during the fall but, I've been catching up on those episodes.
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-05-2011, 10:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I'll definitely be checking this show out when it starts

Comment

I saw the pilot...it was okay. Nothing really different/special about it. Other than Zooey. I think she could have found something better. I don't know if the show will last long.

Comment

if you havent seen it yet Series Premiere tonight.

Comment

I'm curious to see how the show goes without Damon Wayans Jr... they get another new roommate next week!

Comment

The cynic in me feels like Zooey was thinking, "I always play the same character in every movie I do, but that's not often enough. I'm going to get on TV so I can play her every week." I'm sure that wasn't the case, but nothing about the pilot impressed me. Zooey's personality kind of grates on me after a while.

Comment

It was meh…typical trying to hard comedy show. It didn’t feel like it would have lasting power at least not with me. It had cute moments but not any laugh out loud moments. I want to laugh when I see a comedy show (what a concept). I think that aspect would go hand in hand.
                        Also, they promo this show so much that they gave away most of the tiny funny stuff already. If I have nothing to do on Tues. maybe I’ll catch it again, the girl was cutie pie.

Comment

I enjoyed it, but I do agree with some of what people have been saying about the character Zoey plays. She definitely plays a similar quirky character just about every time you see her. I thought this character was a bit much. She was almost a little too quirky. It was overwhelming, at times, bordering on annoying. If that were toned down a little, I would enjoy the show. For me, Wayans Jr was the funniest, so I am really disappointed he's leaving. Who they replace him with is going to be helpful in determining whether this is a show that I keep PVRing.

Comment

There's been so much hype surrounding the show but I thought It was nothing special when I watched it. I didn't feel the chemistry of the 3 guys as good friends, Zoey's character personality started to get on my nerves. The only time I chuckled was the way Wayans Jr character told told her to stop crying.

Comment

I wasn't really planning on watching this show but I kept hearing good things. And glad I finally watched it, I thought it was absolutely adorable! I really dig this type of comedy.

I thought all of the guys and Zooey great chemistry, and I love how they cheered her up in the end!

Schmidt (what a lovely name ) was on Veronica Mars.
                              Last edited by LuthorKent90; 09-25-2011, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎