Collapse
No announcement yet.

Band of Blue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great update! I cannot wait for the next chapter! PPMS ASAP!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCloisLover
      This is great!
      Ppms
      Thank you.

Originally posted by MariVe
      Yea!!!!!! Kara is free, I thought she was going to stay with Lex.....
      And you brought MM ... now they only thing left to get is Clark alive and kicking, and also him getting married with a fierce reporter with a tendency to misspell words

Great update!!!!
      Read on for all your suggestions to come true.

Originally posted by s01itaire90
      You updated fast... I just got to read the last 3 chapters... but I am SOOOOOO not opposed to another chapter .

And now Jor-El is working on Clark... good good.

Fantasterrific job... Looking forward to the next update!!
      Thanks. Here comes some more.

Originally posted by Miray
      Great update! I cannot wait for the next chapter! PPMS ASAP!!!!
      Thank you.

So. Here's what you've all be waiting for. The finale.

Chapter 40:

Clark awoke to a bright light. He had to squint until his eyes adjusted. He held his hand in front of them for a few moments as he tried to open them a little wider.

His last memory was of closing his eyes while resting in Lois’s arms.

Doomsday … is he … is he …?

Down. You stopped him. You saved us all!

As he finally managed to open his eyes fully he was expecting to see Lois’s face, or the Daily Planet building. He sat up in confusion. I’m in the fortress. How did I get here? He stood to his feet and scanned around.

“Kara!” he shouted in shock. She was encased in a beam of light. She must have brought me back here to continue the training. Clark felt his heart break again. Seven more years. At least I got to see Lois again. To tell her that I love her.

“Jor-El!” he called. “I’m awake now. I’m here to continue the training. Is Doomsday gone?”

“Yes, my son. Doomsday will no longer trouble this world, but you do not need to train.” Clark’s heart skipped a beat and he felt a rush of excitement. “You have proved yourself worthy to be Earth’s protector. I give you a different task.”

“What task, father?”

“You must train Kara. She needs to understand this world. She must learn to fit in; to make a place for herself. Take her Kal-El, and protect her. Teach her about human emotions and how they affect the people of this Earth. Help her to fit in but never to forget her Kryptonian origin.”

Clark turned to look at his newest family member. The light around her shut off immediately and she dropped to the ground and onto her knees. “Why father, why?” she sobbed quietly. “I’m so sorry uncle. I never knew.” He watched as she rose slowly. When she noticed him her eyes widened.

“Kal-El,” she smiled. “You’re alive.”

“Of course I’m alive Kara,” he laughed lightly.

“But you weren’t. You died.” She stepped forwards and touched his chest. “Jor-El. He did it. We thought that he could.”

“I don’t understand.” Clark stepped back away from Kara’s touch. He felt a little disturbed. She must have seen that he was uncomfortable so she stepped back and then clasped her hands in front.

“You and Doomsday ... You fought to the death. You collapsed and no-one could revive you. There was a memorial.” She turned away. Clark could hear emotion in her voice. She sounds upset, but I thought Kryptonians didn’t have emotions, or is that just Jor-El? “J’onn J’onzz came to me and convinced me to leave Lex.” J’onn J’onzz? Lex? “He also put together the idea of bringing your body here once he knew the fortress existed. Apparently your wounds had healed even though you were dead so it seemed possible that you could be revived ... somehow.”

Clark shook his head in confusion. “I’m still not sure I understand but I know I’m glad.” He smiled again and stepped back towards Kara. He put an arm on her shoulder and turned her back around. “Come on. Let’s go home. I think you should meet my parents.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chloe sat in the crook of Oliver’s arm. She rested her head on his shoulder and sighed.

“Should we have told her?” she asked, for the hundredth time.

“Chloe, we’ve been through this. I would have broken her if nothing came of it. This way she never needs to know if ...”

Chloe pushed up and out of his arms. “Go on Ollie. You can say it.” When he remained silent she continued. “If it doesn’t work. If he stays dead.” She stood up from the couch and wandered away. Coming to a stand-still at the other end of the room she hugged herself with her own arms and swayed. “I understand why we didn’t tell her. But why did you tell me. This is going to break my heart to. He was my best friend.”

Ollie stood and came to stand behind her. He wrapped his arms round her and covered her own arms encircling her in his embrace. “We needed Watchtower on the job. I’m sorry Chloe. I know he meant everything to you, but I’m here ... if you need me. I’ll help you through this.”

She tilted her head back and he brought his down and buried it in the crook of her neck. She was half way to turning round into his arms when a sudden breeze blew her hair around her face. She drew away from Ollie and turned to the open door to the balcony of Ollie’s apartment.

He was stood on the ridge of the wall edging the balcony. His cape was billowing out behind him. Her mouth dropped open in shock. He smiled at her then nodded at the man behind. She turned to look at Ollie and found him smiling. When she turned back to the balcony he was gone.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Clark knew that many people were desperate for news of his return so he made quick stops round the city. It had been wonderful to see his parents and to introduce them to Kara but he hadn’t been able to hide his impatience to be off and his mother had eventually looked him in the eye and spoken her mind.

“Kara will be fine, Clark. Go. And take this.”

She had pressed something into his hand and then he had known that she understood where exactly he wanted to go. He knew that once he was there he would find it difficult to leave, which is why he did his ‘fly-by’ of the city before heading for her apartment.

And now it was time.

He alighted on her balcony and looked through the glass doors into her living room. The light illuminated her walking round the couch holding a glass of water and a sandwich on a plate. She turned and looked through the glass back at him. Clark saw her still and then the glass and plate dropped, smashing at her feet.

“Clark,” she mouthed and he was through the doors in an instant.

His boots crushed the glass fragments as he stood in front of her. Neither said a word for a few seconds and then they were kissing.

Clark brought his hands up to her face then buried them in her hair. He crushed his mouth down onto hers pouring out all his frustration, his despair and his joy at returning. He felt her arms come round his back and up to his shoulders. She pulled him down, further onto her mouth.

When they broke apart they were both breathing heavily. Clark rested his head on Lois’s forehead and smiled.

“I missed you,” he said, lightly, as if he had only been gone for an hour.

“Clark!” she wailed. “How can you reduce what we’ve been through to those three words?”

“How about these three then? I love you.”

She smiled and he saw her eyes glistening with unshed tears.

“Or maybe five words. I don’t have to leave.”

She caught her breath in shock and brought her hand up to cover her open mouth. He watched a tear escape her eye and travel down her cheek.

“But I think I’ll go with four words.” She frowned and he reached out his hand showing her a small box. “Will you marry me?”

She took away her hand from her mouth and he could see her lip trembling. She nodded slowly. “Yes.” The nodding increased. “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.” She jumped into his arms and he held onto her tightly. She pulled away and he slowly placed his mother’s engagement ring onto Lois’s finger. When he looked up she was smiling so widely. It was infectious and he couldn’t help the grin which stole over his own face.

His eyes dropped to her lips and he decided that he couldn’t wait another moment to taste them again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Anyone want an Epilogue? I'm working on one now.

Comment

• That was awesome!
        And hell yeah to an epilouge!

Comment

• Wonderful! Yes, I must have an Epilogue!

Comment

• *releases a contented sigh* that was beautiful! It reminds me of their reunion in the comic. Lois notices the familar 'S' symbol hovering outside her window and without a second thought leaps through her window into Clark's arms. It still remains one of my favorite scenes from the comics.

Thank you so much for a incredible story. Can't wait for the epilogue (hint, hint... putting my second post to good use )

Comment

• Yes!!!!!!!!! That was perfect
              When Lois and Clark saw each other again was just breathtaking *sigh*
              I'M IN FOR AN EPILOGUE !!!!!

Comment

• I love Clark making light of the situation... it makes me happy!!

I never say no to more of a story I like... so bring on the epilogue!!

Awesome job... looking forward to the next update!!

Comment

That was awesome!
                  And hell yeah to an epilouge!
                  Awesome ... good word, thanks.

Wonderful! Yes, I must have an Epilogue!
                  Wonderful ... thanks.

Originally posted by spin11
                  *releases a contented sigh* that was beautiful! It reminds me of their reunion in the comic. Lois notices the familar 'S' symbol hovering outside her window and without a second thought leaps through her window into Clark's arms. It still remains one of my favorite scenes from the comics.

Thank you so much for a incredible story. Can't wait for the epilogue (hint, hint... putting my second post to good use )
                  Darn, you caught me out. It's one of my favourite comic kisses too. I was DEFINITELY going for that vibe.

Yes!!!!!!!!! That was perfect
                  When Lois and Clark saw each other again was just breathtaking *sigh*
                  I'M IN FOR AN EPILOGUE !!!!!
                  Perfect .. wow, thanks.

I love Clark making light of the situation... it makes me happy!!

I never say no to more of a story I like... so bring on the epilogue!!

Awesome job... looking forward to the next update!!
                  Another Awesome ... great.

Thanks so much for your comments. Epilogue is ready to go but I just want to say a few words first.

This is the first time I've written such a long story AND completed it. It really challenged me. I used to be uncomfortable writing in depths conversations, going for 'and they talked about it for a while', but I made myself write them out more and more. I was also uncomfortable with fight scenes but challenged myself to create exciting scenarios and I hope I managed it.

I really appreciate all the comments that you have made. They have encouraged me to keep this going and I'm so pleased that I did. The story travelled in a direction I did not expect, sometimes because of comments made by you, the readers, and sometime when my hubby actually came up with some surprising ideas. This resulted in it being much longer than I originally expected. But, after all this I must say I'm extremely please at how it turned out.

Thanks to everyone for reading, especially to those who posted comments and the epilogue to follow is specifically dedicated to you.

I've only just finished the epilogue so I'm going to think on it for a short while and make sure I'm happy with it. Hopefully I'll post later on today (or tommorrow at the very latest.)

Comment

• Ok here it is. The Epilogue. Hope you like it.

Epilogue

Lois stood in front of the full length mirror. She held her breath in shock. Reaching up to her hair she tested the strength of the comb keeping her curls up. She forced herself to continue breathing and brought down her hand to her stomach to try and calm the butterflies. As she rubbed soothingly she felt the bumps of many tiny pearls stitched into her dress. Fingering a few in nervousness she gave herself a swift pep-talk.

“You can do this Lane. Tomorrow you’ll be living in a whole new world.” She grinned at herself. She’d used that pep-talk on herself once before. It was more true than she could ever imagine.

The world was new. It was brighter and better than ever before. All due to Superman.

Her
                    world was brighter and better than ever before. All due to Clark Kent.

She reached up to her neck and grasped the heart necklace in her palms. She smiled to herself and then turned away. Reaching down to the bed she picked up the bouquet of flowers and brought them up to her nose. She sniffed in the beautiful scent and then blinked her eyes to hold back a sneeze.

She was continuing to blink furiously when the door opened and Chloe strode in.

“Ready for the march of death?” she said cheerfully. Lois grinned then laughed.

“Chloe, you should know better than anyone not to joke about death around me.” She lifted her flowers and began to strike at Chloe in jest then realised her mistake. “Oops, I nearly destroyed my bouquet. Get a grip Lois.”

Chloe laughed and stepped forwards with her arms open. “Come here,” she said and enfolded her cousin in a hug. “Oh Lois,” she said as they rocked side to side. “I’m so happy for you, I can’t really express it.”

Lois pulled back and glared at Chloe. “You did perfectly fine at the engagement do.”

“I’m sorry,” she said, a little loudly, and turned away. “How many times do I have to apologise. I drank a little too much and got a little carried away.”

“Hmm,” Lois admonished. “Carried away is definitely the word. Although I think you enjoyed getting ‘carried away’ by a particular blonde billionaire.”

“It was sweet of him to come to my rescue.” Lois saw the blush creep up Chloe’s face and wondered if she should deliberately aim the bouquet at her when it came time to throw it.

“Well,” she gave a dramatic twirl, “do you think I’m ready.”

Chloe smiled and nodded.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Clark stood at the front of the church and paced. He stopped and adjusted his jacket, then continued. He stopped and adjusted his tie, then continued. He stopped and adjusted his buttonhole, then continued.

“Stop, Clark. You’re making me dizzy.” Ollie firmly put his hand on Clark’s arm. Clark looked down at the hand which had stilled him then looked up at Ollie.

“I’m sorry, Ollie,” Clark sighed. “I’m just nervous. Something always seems to go wrong for me and Lois. I mean, our rehearsal dinner was a disaster. Lois spent the whole time coming up with pathetic reasons for me to be missing.”

“Clark, you were digging out a bunch of miners trapped in Mexico.” Ollie looked at him sternly, reprimanding him for doubting himself.

“And our engagement do. I was seriously late. And then had to leave early.”

“No-one cared. It was a great party.” Ollie waved his hand, as if to wave away Clark’s worry.

Clark lifted his eyebrow in question. “Yes, I hear you had a great time.”

Ollie coughed. “Mmm.”

Suddenly everyone stilled and the organist began to play loudly. Clark caught his breath and ran his fingers through his hair to slick it back. “Ok, everything looking ok?” he asked.

“Um, you got a smudge on your glasses,” replied his best man.

Clark mouthed ‘Oh’ and turned away from everyone to quickly clean them out of sight. When he turned back he saw a commotion at the bottom of the aisle. When the guests began to rise the miniature crowd parted to reveal a vision of loveliness.

Clark’s heart was in his throat as she walked steadily down the aisle to him. After only two steps she looked up and captured his gaze. She looked into his eyes all the way, never leaving his gaze even once she made it to his side. He smiled down at her as she turned to face him.

“Hi,” he spoke softly and she smiled at him.

“Dearly beloved ...” came the minister’s voice but Clark was lost. He hardly paid attention to the words until it came time to repeat his vows. He just gazed into Lois’s eyes.

“And now the Bride and Groom have a little time to say something personal.” The minister stepped back a little and Clark turned fully to face Lois.

“Lois, I feel so honoured to be here. I’m humbled that someone as passionate, beautiful ... wonderful as you would love someone as simple as me. I have loved you in a thousand lifetimes.” His training in the fortress flickered through his mind. “I will love you for a thousand years ... and longer.” He took a deep breath and took hold of her hands. “I promise to stand with you through difficult times and to share joy with you in happy times. I will be your best friend, your lover, your inspiration, your husband ... if you will be my best friend, lover, inspiration ... and wife.”

Clark felt his breath shudder as he finished speaking. He smiled, embarrassed and then dropped his head a little indicating that it was her turn. Lois smiled brightly and her eyes sparkled.

“There is nothing simple about you Clark Kent. I thought it would be too complicated to love you. I was sure it would be hard so I tried to keep away because I didn’t think I would be able to deal with the difficulties that come with your life. But I was wrong. It’s easy.” She lifted a hand up to his face. “Oh it’s so easy to love you, but that doesn’t mean you are simple. You are full of such depths, Clark, and I want to travel them. I want to uncover more and more of your compassion, your devotion to truth and justice. I want to be your friend, your lover and your inspiration. I want to be your wife ... for a thousand years ... and longer.”

Clark lost concentration again after that and just followed instructions from the minister, taking rings, reciting words, until ...

“You may now kiss the bride.”

He took her in his arms and lowered his head very slowly. Brushing his lips across hers tenderly he refused to deepen the kiss yet. He pulled back ever so slightly. “I love you, Mrs Kent.” Then he took her mouth fully.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“You do know I’m keeping my maiden name, Clark,” Lois spoke brightly as he carried her over the threshold to their honeymoon suite.

Clark smiled down at her. “I know. You’ve made a name for yourself as Lois Lane. It’s important.” Once inside the room he put her down but she kept her hands tangled behind his neck.

“It’s not a reflection on you, or our love, Clark.” She looked him directly in the eyes and spoke earnestly.

“I know, Lois.” He reached up and took her hands from behind his neck. He brought them down in between their bodies and then held them up to chest height. “A name isn’t what’s important. This,” he kissed her wedding ring, “is what’s important.” He put a hand to her heart. “This is what’s important.”

Her heart burst with love and joy inside her chest and she blinked her eyes to avoid shedding embarrassing tears. “Oh Clark. That was the perfect thing to say.”

“You do know, Lois,” he tightened his eyes mischievously, “that I’m gonna insist on calling you Mrs Kent whenever you are in my arms though.”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way, Smallville.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So, please leave a comment. I'd really like to know how much you enjoyed my whole story. Comments are the dangly carrot on the end of the stick ... they keep me coming back for more. And now that the story is finished they'll be my 'break-up' ice cream as we are all done here *sobs*

So, if you really enjoyed it then look out for more from me coming soon.

Comment

• Loved it!
                      Can't wait until your next fic

Comment

• Fantasterrific ending. They are just too cute together.

Definitely will be on the look out for your next fic!!

Comment

• Perfect ending I loved your wonderful story so so so sooooo much!!!

I hope there is a next one to enjoy Can't wait

Comment

• That was lovely! I loved every chapter of this wonderful story, and I can't wait to see what you'll do next!

Comment

• That was perfect THEY MARRIED FINALLY!!!!! I thought I will get old before those two would get their things straight.... LOL
                              *sigh* That was truly lovely, I'm going to miss this fic

Comment

Loved it!
                                Can't wait until your next fic
                                It's up now ...

Fantasterrific ending. They are just too cute together.

Definitely will be on the look out for your next fic!!
                                Thank you. Next fic is already on the go.

Originally posted by Nastassjia
                                Perfect ending I loved your wonderful story so so so sooooo much!!!

I hope there is a next one to enjoy Can't wait
                                Glad you loved it. My next story is now started.

That was lovely! I loved every chapter of this wonderful story, and I can't wait to see what you'll do next!
                                Thank you so much. I can't wait to see where my next one goes ...

That was perfect THEY MARRIED FINALLY!!!!! I thought I will get old before those two would get their things straight.... LOL
                                *sigh* That was truly lovely, I'm going to miss this fic
                                I knew I had to end it on the wedding. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for all your replies again. I'm sure most of you have seen my next fic started. Hopefully you will frequent that thread too.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎