Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dangerous Beauty

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the update.. can't wait for chapter 3.. and aww poor Clois!!

Comment

Nice, I'm really starting to enjoy this. Keep it commin

Comment

Loved it even more, I have a thing for the sad stories so a little angst is fine for me.

Poor Lois will be completely alone!

Looking forward for the up date!

Comment

I loved the update. I hope Chloe's husband dies soon poor Chloe and Jimmy. I love that Jimmy is in the story.Update soon.

Comment

I love that Lois and Clark are in love, but can't do anything about it right now. I hope Jonathan will be on their side eventually. I also love how rebellious Lois is even in the AU world. I'm very curious about Chloe and her marriage and what that has to do with everything else going on.

Comment

I for one am glad you did not put chimmy together she would have found a way to get him killed in this time to(Chloe hates shines through again) I loved that she married that man serves her right and i also love the clois aspect. it was hard in those days as it always is i felt my heart break for them but i know it will all be good.

Comment

I never thought that I could hate Mr Kent, but yes the man won my hate in matter of seconds ...... It's disgusting how love and marriage were treated in the past.
                Clark is going to regret that he choose society over Lois.
                Well things aren't very pretty, Chloe married a corpse, Clark ended things with Lois, Mr Kent is an ass and Lois father died..... that just great

You need to update soon I'm loving this!!!!!!!!

Comment

OH i feel so sorry for them... but we all knew they were doomed, i mean, the society rules and values, at that time were, very harsh. They'd bever get a chance, specailly with Clark being a Prince.
                  I don't mind theangst, Anne, but is good to know that thingwill get better from here
                  Can't wait for chp 3!!!

Comment

Good morning! What a beautiful day for an update? Hmmmm. Don't you agree? Well I'm off to harass...I mean encourage some other authors. I'll be lurking later

Comment

anne finally another fan fic of yours!!! thank you!! the story is amazing!!!!!! please update soon!!! i'm suffering right now

Comment

First of all, Thanks for the PM!

Second, I read the summary, I liked it. Then I read chapter one, and liked the Clois relationship and also where you are going with this.

And then I read chapter two and I was like WTH?? This story is so AWESOME!! I loved the angst in the second chapter, so don't mind writing it some more... But I still love me some Happy Clois! I love the story, still love the way you write and I can't wait until the next chapter!!

PPMS!!

Comment

Love it! A little sad, but beautiful! Can't wait for more!

Comment

Aww...this story is off to such a great start, Anne!

My heart absolutely broke into a million pieces when Lois returned Clark's "heart". I hope they can find their way back to each other and overcome the odds against them.

And YESSSSS...please PM me with update notices. I don't want to miss out on this story. With that said, update soon!

Comment

Originally posted by imhooked
                              Loved it...because I love the angst. It makes the romance that much more beautiful...at least for me. I guess I should not have begged for this update because I am totally greedy and want another. Thanks for accommodating me and my thirst for clois fic!
                              Haha I feel like I'm one of the few people that isn't a huge fan of angst, and I don't feel like I write it well. haha well I'm glad you're thirsty for this fic! I'm halfway through the next chapter right now, it's a long one

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                              I love the update.. can't wait for chapter 3.. and aww poor Clois!!
                              Yeah this was a bit of a rock bottom for clois

Originally posted by Bp906
                              Nice, I'm really starting to enjoy this. Keep it commin
                              Thanks so much for reading!!

Originally posted by Eleidich
                              Loved it even more, I have a thing for the sad stories so a little angst is fine for me.

Poor Lois will be completely alone!

Looking forward for the up date!
                              Okay good to know! People don't seem to mind a dash of angst=]

Originally posted by kena02
                              I loved the update. I hope Chloe's husband dies soon poor Chloe and Jimmy. I love that Jimmy is in the story.Update soon.
                              Ahh sorry but Chloe's husband isn't going to die. It'll make sense as the story goes on.

Originally posted by rockyshadow
                              I love that Lois and Clark are in love, but can't do anything about it right now. I hope Jonathan will be on their side eventually. I also love how rebellious Lois is even in the AU world. I'm very curious about Chloe and her marriage and what that has to do with everything else going on.
                              Jonathan will be on their side at some point... I just need to figure out how haha!!! Of course Lois is going to be a rebel... love that about her. Chloe's marriage will tie into the story=]

Originally posted by doodie8808
                              I for one am glad you did not put chimmy together she would have found a way to get him killed in this time to(Chloe hates shines through again) I loved that she married that man serves her right and i also love the clois aspect. it was hard in those days as it always is i felt my heart break for them but i know it will all be good.
                              oh... wow. Well I hope you're not talking about my Chloe hate? Because I don't hate Chloe, just for the sake of this story this was the type of character she had to be. ANd she didn't have a choice but to marry her husband.

Originally posted by MariVe
                              I never thought that I could hate Mr Kent, but yes the man won my hate in matter of seconds ...... It's disgusting how love and marriage were treated in the past.
                              Clark is going to regret that he choose society over Lois.
                              Well things aren't very pretty, Chloe married a corpse, Clark ended things with Lois, Mr Kent is an ass and Lois father died..... that just great

You need to update soon I'm loving this!!!!!!!!
                              Haha I'm glad I could accomplish the impossible There will DEFINITELY be a lot of jealous Clark in this story... hehe.

I'm halfway through the next update=]

Originally posted by cathy14
                              OH i feel so sorry for them... but we all knew they were doomed, i mean, the society rules and values, at that time were, very harsh. They'd bever get a chance, specailly with Clark being a Prince.
                              I don't mind theangst, Anne, but is good to know that thingwill get better from here
                              Can't wait for chp 3!!!
                              Exactly, there was no way they could have a happy ending continuing down the path they were... something needed to change. I'm glad to see that you guys don't mind a bit of angst so thanks for letting me know!

Originally posted by imhooked
                              Good morning! What a beautiful day for an update? Hmmmm. Don't you agree? Well I'm off to harass...I mean encourage some other authors. I'll be lurking later
                              Oh you shall get an update today! Possibly 2;-) I'm halfway through the next update<3

Originally posted by IMS86
                              anne finally another fan fic of yours!!! thank you!! the story is amazing!!!!!! please update soon!!! i'm suffering right now
                              Yes! It took me long enough right?? The next update will be up in a couple of hours. Keep an eye out!

Originally posted by AllSmallville
                              First of all, Thanks for the PM!

Second, I read the summary, I liked it. Then I read chapter one, and liked the Clois relationship and also where you are going with this.

And then I read chapter two and I was like WTH?? This story is so AWESOME!! I loved the angst in the second chapter, so don't mind writing it some more... But I still love me some Happy Clois! I love the story, still love the way you write and I can't wait until the next chapter!!

PPMS!!
                              No problem!! You've read all my stories and left comments so I figured I'd let you know about this one<33 yeah chapter 2 is a bit of a jaw dropper, especially with how sugarcoated things where in the first! Thanks so much for reading girl!!

Originally posted by Miray
                              Love it! A little sad, but beautiful! Can't wait for more!
                              Thank you so much!! It won't be sad forever We're getting to the juicy part of the story now

Originally posted by TeamClois
                              Aww...this story is off to such a great start, Anne!

My heart absolutely broke into a million pieces when Lois returned Clark's "heart". I hope they can find their way back to each other and overcome the odds against them.

And YESSSSS...please PM me with update notices. I don't want to miss out on this story. With that said, update soon!
                              Thank you!! Yeah I figured it was a bit cheesy to return his heart but I couldn't help myself! They will find their way back, very soon! I'll make sure to PM you when I update, which should be in an hour or two<3

Comment

Chapter 3

A week had past, Lois’ father had been buried two days prior and Chloe’s mother and father had taken in Lois. It was a much appreciated gesture since Lois was left desolate with no money to keep the house she called home. The money that was left of her dowry had to be used to bury Sam Lane. Lois felt completely numb, everything had happened so fast and suddenly she had nothing, no father, no money, and no Clark. She had stayed locked up in her new chamber, which had been Chloe’s old room, she hadn’t taken anything more than bread and water in a week.

Lois had woken to the sun streaming through the cracked window and immediately turned over in the bed so her back faced the warming sun, for nothing was warm anymore in her life. As she turned around Lois heard the handle on her door jingle before turning to reveal Chloe’s mother, aunt Moira with a large tray in her hand. “Lois you must eat something.”

Lois turned her back to her, reluctantly facing the sun once more. “No.”

Lois heard the tray make delicate contact with the table next to her bed, and then her aunts hand on her shoulder. “I know your fathers death saddens you. But I think there is another reason for such sorrow. I believe you are in love, with Mister Clark Kent, the Prince of Smallville.”

Lois tried to muffle a sob at his name being mentioned, she had thought about him constantly the past week but she had never dared utter his name. Her aunt continued, “You’ve reached too high young Lois. Giving your heart away to someone above your station.”

“A fact I’m very much aware of Aunt Moira.” Lois said bitterly. “I’d prefer to not hear of it again.”

Moira sighed, taking a deep breath she knew what she had to do. “But, there is a way you could still have Clark.” Lois head perked up and turned toward her aunt. “Never in wedlock. There is an alternative to marriage Lois. But it is one that is nearly impossible to come back from. If you want Clark, you’ll become a courtesan. Like your mother and I used to be.”

Lois’ eyes widened as she sat up in bed looking directly at her aunt. “My mother? You? But you hate the courtesans you always close the windows whenever the parade happens and you’ve kept Chloe as far away from their life style as much as possible.”

“I kept Chloe away from the courtesans because I knew she would not want such a life. Her father and I were able to provide Chloe with a proper respectable marriage, that was something I never had.” Moira explained.

“But Gabe is very wealthy and respectable?” Lois said confused.

“Gabriel is a rarity. A man that loved me and wanted to keep me despite what I did. As far as your mother, she was a courtesan longer than I, but when she met your father it was like no one else existed. They were both of low ranking so their marriage was not questioned. Together your mother and I ruled the courts for nearly ten years, we were two of the best.” Moira smiled softly. “I know that your father hoped to buy you a good marriage, and he almost did but your dowry wasn’t suitable enough for the man. Then he intended to wed you to one of his soldiers but it just never came to fruition. By becoming a courtesan you’ll be able to support yourself, buy your own home.”

Lois looked down at her hands, hands that had never done any sort of hard labor, she didn’t know the first thing about being someone’s maid, or working on a farm, as a single woman she was left with no options. But she knew becoming a courtesan meant giving her body willingly to those she did not love, and Lois could not bear the thought of that. “I can’t.”

“And why is that?” Aunt Moira asked.

“I can’t bear the thought of lying with a man who isn’t Clark, a man who isn’t someone I love.” Lois raised her voice slightly.

“Then what shall you become? A woman of the church?” Moira asked Lois raising a questioning brow.

“No.” Lois said not looking her aunt in the eyes. The realization dawned on her that she truly did have no other choice. She had to become a courtesan but she would do it on her own terms. Lois sighed, “Fine, but I will not lay with any man whom I do not love.”

“Then how do you expect to make money Lois?” Moira asked watching the slow smile raise on Lois’ face. One look at her and Moira knew she was already a force to be reckoned with. “Well, that’s your decision then and I can not stop you. But come on, up you go, eat something and meet me in the baths. We must start your training.”

“Training?” Lois questioned reaching for the sweets on the silver tray.

“You will never become a courtesan acting the way you do, you must be taught the ways of seduction.” Moira smiled at Lois. “I’ll expect you within the hour.”

Lois cleaned the tray of its food and washed it down in a matter of minutes. She hadn’t realized just how little she had eaten over the past few days. Lois was always one to enjoy food and her aunts cooks were among the best Lois had ever tasted.

Lois walked down to the baths in her night gown, various servants eyeing her as she passed. Had they known what she was about to become? What she had just agreed to? Could they sense it? Moira was waiting for Lois, she was sat next to a freshly drawn bath with rose pedals floating on the surface. Lois disrobed and got into the bath, allowing the warm water to surround her. “The first secret of the great courtesans Lois, is that you must know pleasure to give pleasure.”

Lois rolled her eyes at the statement. “A man will seek out your company to fill the gap of what he is not getting from his wife. It is your duty to satisfy him.” When Lois was finished her bath she didn’t even have time to dry herself off before her aunt was speaking again. “We need to get you a completely new wardrobe. You must be the epitome of lustful divinity. You may not have taken your previous etiquette lessons seriously but you will take these seriously, am I understood?”

Lois had never seen such fire in her aunts eyes before, she knew it was in her best interest to do everything Moira told her. Lois nodded her head, “Understood Aunt Moira.”

Over the next week Lois was soaking in new information like a sponge. She was pampered, pushed, pulled, and tucked by seamstresses. She walked in shoes that made her a foot taller to help her stand straight, walk gracefully, and learn to carry herself as if she floated on air. “The way you carry yourself creates the first impression with the men you will encounter.”

Lois was taught to dance effortlessly even to eat seductively, slow and teasing, as opposed to the unattractive almost masculine way she would eat before. Every aspect of Lois’ mannerisms had changed, she was slowly being molded into not only a woman, but a seductress.

One day however Lois got a surprise she wasn’t even expecting. Moira woke her in the early morning as the sun was rising through the windows. “I have a surprise for you.”

Lois still in a sleepy daze swung her legs out of bed following Moira though the large estate of the Sullivan’s. They went up to a wing of the estate that Lois had never even known had been there. Aunt Moira opened the large oak door and Lois immediately backed away, it was one of the largest libraries she had ever seen. “Aren’t we not allowed in the library Aunt Moira?”

“Ladies are not allowed in the library, but a courtesan is. I’ve seen you sneaking books into your stitching sessions for years, and I know that boy Clark has given you many books as gifts.” Moira pushed Lois further into the room. “It is said that Kings of Gotham and Star City receive more political advice from their mistresses than from their own army lieutenants. Courtesans are the most educated woman in the world, and they are desirable and dangerous because of it. An educated woman can bring a nation to its knees for her if she wishes. Any woman can take her dress off and lay down for a man, but your mind will be more attractive than your beauty.”

Lois was in absolute heaven, each day she finished a book and started a new read. She soaked in the forbidden knowledge allowing herself to have opinions about what she had read. She knew that if she wouldn’t give men her body she needed to be clever and witty. She would need to seduce a man immediately with her mind. She would have to work twice as hard as every other courtesan. Lois had learned that desire began in ones mind and as long as she could keep the men coming back and wanting more, each time hoping and praying that one day they would finally receive Lois body and soul. Their desire and lust would keep them coming and keep her well supplied with money.

Another night Moira entered Lois’ chambers as Lois studied herself in the mirror. “Are you ready for another exercise dear neice?”

Lois was startled at the sound of her aunts voice. She had not seen nor heard from her all day. “I thought our lessons were done, I have not seen you today.”

“I’ve been a bit busy.” Moira smiled mischievously before clapping her hands together. “Our lessons will never be over. Now are you ready?”

“Sure.” Lois pushed her long hair to one side as she watched her aunt in the mirror.

“A courtesan must be the most refined actress. You will be accompanying men who you may not find attractive but you must make them feel as if they are desired. You must be colorful, run through emotions as effortlessly as a bird flying through the air. It is a skill that requires practice. I know you know sadness, and anger. Think of Clark…” Moira said watching as Lois’ defenses immediately went up. “See that is what you can not do. I saw your walls build up instantly. We can not have that. Now again, think of Clark. Pretend I am Clark. I want to see you feel distain.”

Moira smiled as she saw Lois loosen up, take a breath and change her expression. “Now, amusement.” Again Lois changed subtly. “Submission.” Another change, this time Lois’ eyes glossed over with unshed tears. “Fulfillment.” Another change. “And now make him feel like he is the only man in your entire world.” All of Lois’ features softened and her tears slowly spilled onto her cheeks. It was something completely different for Lois, feeling emotions and allowing them to be worn for all to see. It would take her some practice to be completely comfortable with appearing so vulnerable but she was willing to practice and perfect her craft. Moira smiled at Lois, “There may be hope for you yet Lois.”

Lois sniffled and wiped the tears from her cheeks with a small smile. “Keep practicing.”

Another day found Lois and Moira out in the streets of Metropolis. Lois followed behind Moira in an emerald green dress with blue circles throughout the fabric, it was slightly off her shoulders and flared out at her narrow waist. It was definitely the dress of a woman of class. “The men you will share company with will all be different. In order for you to play them like puppets you must understand the male species.” Lois watched the large number of men walking around the busy Metropolis streets, one was staring appreciatively at her. “All men dream of the temptress, the siren, because she is someone who seems unattainable. Your job is to be the siren that men turn to after a hard day.” Men continued to pass by Lois’ confident form smiling and pointing her out, she was absolutely eye catching now. Lois continued to scan the crowd when her eyes landed on Clark, turning the corner, his eyes immediately locking with her own. Moira immediately pulled her back. “He is to come to you. And only when you are completely ready.”

Lois studied books, maps, history, geography, politics, everything that she possibly could, she was eager to learn and did so until she felt as though she could absorb no more. As if sensing this one day Moira entered the library where Lois’ nose was buried in a book. “Come with me.”

Lois looked up curiously at her aunt before she eagerly pushed her chair back and followed her aunt wherever she was going to take her. Moira led her to Lois’ chamber which caused Lois to be slightly suspicious. As they crossed the threshold Lois stopped dead in her tracks at what she saw. There was a man, naked, standing in the middle of her room. Moira grabbed Lois’ hand “Come, you can not be squeamish. Even if you are choosing to give yourself only to Clark you must know men. If you don’t enjoy it, he will know it.”

Lois stead directly in front of the naked man, who looked as if he was a statue he was so beautifully built. Lois had never seen a man naked, even a man without his shirt, and now here was one standing in front of her, his eyes not meeting hers. Lois could feel that she was in control, it gave her a boost of confidence. She took a step towards the anonymous man circling him, “What is there to be squeamish about?” Lois gave a glance to his very male appendage before stepping back allowing Moira to continue lecturing, Lois was shocked to say the least when her aunt grabbed him. “You touch here. Use your fingers lightly and then apply more pressure, your tongue as if you are licking desserts, teeth barely.” Lois was completely enthralled by what she was seeing. “Just enough to keep him coming back for more. Their desire will keep you alive.”

That night Lois sighed and laid down in her bed exhausted and anxious. In one day she would make her courtesan debut at a party that would be attended by the esteemed and wealthiest people in Metropolis and the surrounding areas. Lois rolled over, placing a hand under her pillow feeling something hard there. Lois shot up from bed and reached under to pull out a letter with a familiar seal. She couldn’t help how her heartbeat increased at the sight of that seal, she wanted to burn it, she wanted to show restraint, but she couldn’t. Eagerly Lois opened the letter.

Fair, kind, and true, have often lived alone,
                                Which three till now, never kept seat in one.

I have no right to write you such a poem, but when I saw you in the streets the other day you still took my breath away.~Clark Kent

___
                                Lois' Dress
                                Lois' Dress 2
                                Lois has learned the ways of becoming a courtesan, and a lot of time has passed. She's also going to her first outting, hmmm I wonder who will be there?? This will be the only chapter with so little Clois interaction (promise). Again the poem is not mine, it's an excerpt from Shakespeare's love sonnet 105=] What did you all think? Loved it? Hated it? Leave me a comment and let me know<333
                                Last edited by AnneBoleyn; 04-01-2011, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎