Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love it!
    I also almost I pulled a funny bone!

So its going to a double date?

This is going to be awsome! Where is the red K?

You realy have to update soon!

Maybe she is going to regeret it?!

Comment

Honey im home lol

Hope you guys are enjoying this so far

So i leave you with the final part of the chapter with the question on evreyone's mind

What is the one condition Clark had in mind?

So here you go enjoy....

Chapter 1 Part 3

A few minutes and tense negotiating later Lois and Clark approached the table with the round of drinks. They sat down and started to drink in silence, Clark slowly coughed getting Lois attention as she let out a moan of annoyance as she looked straight into her opposition eyes.

“Adam…” Lois said hesitating and immediately noticed Chloe cringe and Adam looking to her slowly with a face full of fear. Lois still couldn’t understand why she always brought that look out in men.

Oh, that’s right you’re a Lane she thought to herself.

Clark nudged her in the back making her snap out of her train of thought.

“I’m sorry iff I have upset you…” Lois felt sick apologizing it just felt so forced and not the Lois Lane no nosense attitude she was use to dishing out.

“I am only being a protective cousin” she concluded.

Thank god that’s over her thoughts spoke out again in her mind.

Adam took a quick glace to his brother who tried to give a nod of “go along with it” so he did.

“Its ok Lois…Your doing a great job” Adam replied giving an shy smile at the end which without Lois noticing got a thumbs up from Clark and a sigh of relief from Chloe that this tension had been lifted.

But Lois realized another nudge from Clark in the small of her back gave indication that she now had to put up her part of the deal the so called “one condition” that Smallville had put it.

“Then I was wondering if you two would like to join me and Clark to go see Whitesnake on Saturday night.” Lois asked as none sarcastic as she could and immediately saw Chloe’s face light up.

Clark on the other hand saw his brothers complete confusion at what was being asked of him.

Adams thoughts were on what Whitesnake was but looked to his brother for guidance but noticing time was passing by it was Chloe who intervened and saved the day.

“We would love to go…Right Adam?” she said as her hand once again fell on top of his. Even though Adam had finnaly mastered his heat vision problem he still felt hot under the collar when he was in these moments with her. He had yet to understand how she had this much control over him as he immediately replied.

“Yeah…Of course” he said looking from Chloe to Lois. Lois tried to show a whisk of a smile but it was what her blond cousin said next that made her smile quickly fade.

“Great it’s a date!” Chloe said with a jump of excitement as she threw Adam the best smile of the day and Adam forced one in return.

Lois with all that was left of her restriction then began to walk to there apparment as she grabbed the bags from under the table.

“Come on Chlo, these bags aren’t going to move themselves” Chloe did as she was told reluctantly getting up from the table.

“Ok…Ill talk to you later” she said touching Adams shoulder in which he slowly nodded with a smile. She walked away and Clark then brought her attention.

“Bye Chloe…”

“Sorry Clark…see ya” she said rolling her eyes in disbelief she had forgotten to say goodbye to her best friend.

As a few moments passed and the two brothers of krypton sat quiet a moment the mood had changed as Adam started the conversation in the confused tone in which they had started this evening.

“Clark?”

“Yeah”

“What has just happened here?”

“You my friend have just got yourself a date with Chloe Sullivan”

“Oh…”

A few moments past and Adam then started up the conversation again.

“Clark?”

“Yeah”

“…What’s a Date?”

Chapter 2 Coming Soon

Hope you guys enjoyed this let me know what you think

Comment

OMG! That was just what I thought was going to happen! I'm a mind-reader! LOL! That was AWESOME!!!

Comment

What's a date? I almost fell of my chair!

Looking forward to teacher Kent! Clark is going to explain with lots off "uhhh..." 's right?

I thought Lois was going to skin Clark for making her apologize... Lois isn't got at it is she?

I bet Chloes heart was doing flipflops when she heard its a date...

You have to continue

Comment

Gary where are you? I need my Clois and Chlo&adam ( forgot ship, what is it again?) fix!

Comment

Sorry Gabriela got caught up with work and that lol

I will make it up to you later tonight cos i will update the next chapter to keep you going

Comment

Hey, don't forget me!

Comment

Hey guys back again with the first part of Chapter 2

I'm sorry to keep bringing the chapters in parts but they are indeed really long and i want to break them up to keep the story fresh without big long chapters and also the fact i liked to introduce little cliffhangers in mid-scenes as iff we were going to the commercial break...i know i have become very cruel lol

But anyways this chapter is a two parter and sadly gabriella this part has no sniffs of Chlodam and Clois im afraid sorry but what it does show what the kent residence athmosphere is with a new face in the mix...

I hope you enjoy part 1

Chapter 2 Part 1

The Kent farm was in a subdued atmosphere. Martha Kent missed the days when she baked dozens of apple pies and placing orders for the talon which felt like a lifetime ago since her duties as Senator of Kansas began. But now as she was taken an extended vacation at home she cooked a thick vegetable stew. She kept forgetting at times she was cooking for 3 again.

Her thoughts trailed to Jonathan her late husband and thinking if he were still here he would have been a great help to Clark assisting Adam embrace life on earth. But also there were times in the past month were she believed that he was looking down and watching over them and the back of her mind she felt as if Adam was sent to them as one of her wishes was to have another child. But Adam, yes he was almost a adult now but he still had a lot to learn.

Her thoughts dwelled on Clark, she had never seen Clark this happy and upbeat before. She remembered 3 years ago when Ryan a boy who had the power to read peoples minds had stayed for a short time and Clark was so happy because it was like having a brother around in that time. But when Ryan died so suddenly Clark went back into the self guilted shell for along time.

But now that Adam was here, Clark has come out of the shell and maybe he could finally move on from the pain over the years and the roadblocks in his life and just live.

She heard a familiar gust of wind approach her from behind.

“Hey mom” Clark said cheerfully kissing her cheek.

Martha tried to cut some slack but her instinct kicked in as she turned round and replied.

“You said you two were going to be home half an hour ago” she then noticed to see Adam was no-were in sight.

“Clark where is your brother?” Martha spoke that sentence feeling weird in saying it but her thoughts were broken by another gust of wind and Adam appeared on cue.

Clark laughed hard as he noticed Adam was out of breath.

“Well at least we know your braked work” Clark chuckled remembering the instances of Adam not stopping in time and smashing through the door on more than one occasion.

“What happened…to…a…brisk jog” Adam replied breathlessly, he hated that Clark was fine and he wasn’t but his brother explained that due to the fact that Adam was still developing his powers and he had only been around the red sun for a short time and he would get tired using his powers quicker until his body had adapted.
                  Martha smiled as she gestured to the both of them towards the stairs.

“Well why don’t you speed yourselves upstairs and go wash before dinner”

After ten minutes had passed the three of them were eating at the table. Martha was more than relieved that Adams eating arrangements had improved. After the first week of chaos when Adam was found chasing chickens round the barn after being told they were having it for lunch that day. She realized that he was only trying to help she laughed to herself.

“This…erm…stew is good Mrs Kent” Adam said as he picked up his glass of milk very gently again to Martha’s relief. She after all was into her four set of kitchen ware since his arrival.

“Thank you…sweetheart” she replied but Clark noticed her hesitation.

“Everything ok mom?” he said worryingly.

Adam looked at Clark’s mother closely and then try to show comfort toward his brother.

“All her organs are in perfect working order”

Clark looked over to his brother who looked so sincere with his words that he couldn’t help but smile.

“Good to know” he replied.

Adam nodded and continued eating his stew. Martha then decided to clear the air and reveal something she had been waiting for the right time to tell them both.

“Well…as you know Adam has been here for a month now and people are starting to ask questions” she looked to Adam who looked up to her gaze as she continued.

“Right now the best way to describe Adams current situation to the locals that Adam is a orphan.”

Adam immediately puzzled by this asked them both.

“What is an orphan?”

“Its when you grew up without a mother or farther” Clark replied softly, Adam just nodded in expectance realizing that it was not far from his situation in the short memories he had in the phantom zone.

Martha realized Adam’s distraction and decided to change the mood by giving her better side of the news.
                  “So…because Adam has no last name, no date of birth and no social security number. I’m worried that the law will get involved especially due to my position that certain people will be looking to scrutinizing my position”

Clark had the foresight to realize that his mother was about to drop a bombshell.

“So…” she said taking a sip of her coffee.

“I’ve spoke to Lionel.” She stared at Clark waiting for a reaction.

His reaction was of course a burst of annoyance and a hint of anger.

“Mom?!” Clark snapped as he got out of his seat and went to the window.

Adam merely looked at Clark then to Martha and had no alternative but to ask.

“Who is Lionel?”

“Lionel Luthor…he wants to help us, help you” Martha explained. Clark grunted but she could understand Clark’s uncertainty with Lionel with being a Luthor but also being the emissary of Jor-El which Clark for the time being decided to keep from Adam.

Martha then spoke towards Clark’s direction trying to grab his attention.

“Lionel has offered to re-open Metropolis United Charitys…” grabbing Clarks attention had worked as he slowly turned as he saw her smile could not be escaped as she concluded.

“So that once the paperwork is filled I…can adopt Adam” she said with a tear of joy running down her face.

Adam however couldn’t understand what was so relevant in the matter at hand.

“What would that mean Mrs Kent” he asked trying to understand her happiness in her face and soul.

Martha put her hands on top of Adams as she slowly explained.

“It means that you don’t have to call me Mrs Kent anymore…” as she noticed Clark approach the table and placing a securing hand on both Martha’s and Adam’s shoulders as she concluded.

“You can start calling me mom”

TO BE CONTINUED

Hope you guys liked the start Part 2 should be up soon

Comment

OMG! Buddy! What can I say other than that I absolutely loved it? It rocked!!!
                    Last edited by lauraforever; 03-08-2009, 12:49 PM.

Comment

You perfeckly caught Clark opinion on the matter of Lionel... And I love how Adam is clueless! I bet Adam is going to be so happy!

I say its full of *stars* in my book. Keep up

Comment

Originally posted by 17GABRIELA17
                        You perfeckly caught Clark opinion on the matter of Lionel... And I love how Adam is clueless! I bet Adam is going to be so happy!

I say its full of *stars* in my book. Keep up
                        Thanks Gabriela im hoping to reveal Clark's feelings on certain situations especially with what he has to deal with further along in this story...

I know i can see how people would fall in love with his character as he is very inocent but i cant guarantee that he will be all the time

Chapter 2 Part 2 will be up later tonight

Comment

Originally posted by lauraforever
                          OMG! Buddy! What can I say other than that I absolutely loved it? It rocked!!!
                          Thanks dude your storys rock to im trying to keep up myself

Comment

Speaking off, if you were to let Adam get played by an actor, who would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by lauraforever
                              Speaking off, if you were to let Adam get played by an actor, who would it be?
                              As a present to you Jan i will awnser your question with a little cover i made in a spare 5 minutes i had.

But i will confirm the actor in the fan-art i would love to play my character Adam has to be Thomas Dekker who is best known for playing John Conner on TSCC (Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles)

I watch TD as John Conner and see what emotions he has to bottle up as there is so much pressure and weight of the world on his shoulders even so he locks his emotions away and in alot of ways i see alot of Adam when i see Thomas Dekker and not to mention he does have alot similar attributes to Tom welling which helps them being pulled of as brothers....

Whenever i picture my story running through my head i see TD as Adam in all the scenes

To give you example here is a quick fan art of the two brothers of krypton side by side

Comment

And i almost forgot here is the second part of Chapter 2 lol

Hope you enjoy,,,

Chapter 2 Part 2

Adam blinked a couple of times before it sank in.

“I…I don’t know what to say” he said in a whisper. Martha looked to Clark even with his retentions with Lionel he gradually smiled as he squeezed his brother shoulder a little tighter.

“Now we can be a proper family” Clark said in more relief than reason.

“Family?” Adam replied with a little recognition of that word as it meant more to the fact that he would not be alone which brought a smile within his soul but it still didn’t show on his face he merely nodded.

Martha watched as Adam was trying to process it all and couldn’t even imagine how hard it still would be for Adam as all his emotions have been locked away all his life and all he truly knew was how to be afraid.

“Well Lionel said he would bring the paperwork with him tomorrow” Martha then interjected.

“He’s coming here?” Clark replied cautiously sending his mother of look that said in one term this wasn’t a good idea but his mother pushed the look to one side and nodded.

“Yes…he wants to meet Adam in person”

Clark tried to ignore the sense of danger in his gut and also trying to hide the bolt of tension in his body language but tried to reassure himself that Jor-El had not taken hold of Lionel’s body for nearly a year now and maybe the hold on him had disappeared. All he needs now is to Jor-el through Lionel’s body to have a confrontation as Adam’s trust would be all but gone for there true farther.

Adam just needed time Clark thought only to have his thoughts interrupted by his brothers voice.

“Its ok Clark I would like to meet this…Lionel he sounds like a interesting huma…”

Adam haulted himself and let out a vent of annoyance through his nose.

“…person” he corrected himself.

Adam tried to ignore the glance between Clark and his mother about that remark. But Clark just sighed and finnaly decided that this could wait till tomorrow and they could deal with whatever comes off Lionel’s visit.

Adam got his plate and stood up still quite perplexed at what was happening in his everchanging circumstances he called a life. Only 4 weeks ago he was all alone with no-one there for him and now he had people who cared about him and wished to take care of his well being but the feelings he had in his stomach that he couldn’t describe at all but it felt like somehow his life was starting to have a purpose and meaning after all this time.

Clark broke his train of thought as they washed the dishes together, Adam of course trying to make sure he didn’t have a spike of strength and didn’t break anything.

“So…you have had an eventful day” Clark said cheerfully.

“What makes you say that?” Adam replied but Clark decided to be a bit of a tease.

“Well your got a adoption and a date all in one night” but Clark was shocked to notice his mom sneaking ability to eavesdrop.

“Did someone say a date?” Martha walked into the kitchen.

Adam remained silent for a moment then noticing Clark wasn’t going to help him out this time he was indeed back on his own to his annoyance.

“Mrs Kent..” he hesitated his sentence as he realized there circumstances were soon to change.

“…I don’t understand this ritual and Clark is being very secretive about it”

Martha turned immediately and glared at her son.

“Clark Kent, I’ve told you to stop teasing your brother” coming from her sounded very weird.

“What is it?” Adam showing a mix of confusion and agitation in his words.

Martha gave a reassuring grip on Adams shoulders which were very brawn now. She was shocked how quickly Adam’s strength was increasing by every passing day soon she thought Adams strength would be equal to Clark’s but she did not worry about that coming between them yet but boys will be boys after a while.

“Adam…a date is something very special between two people, when they have certain feelings for each other” but Martha tried every resilience but couldn’t help to ask.

“So who’s the lucky girl?” she noticed Adam face immediately began to blush as he said bashfully.

“Chloe…” as he spoke Martha watched as a small smile she hadn’t seen all day appear on his face at the mention of her name and all she could do is smile back as she replied.

“Adam that’s great you finally realize how you feel about Chloe like the way she feels about you…” but then Martha noticed that look Adam gave when he hit an mental roadblock making his smile quickly fade away in a flash as this roadblock was what always stopped him from connecting to his true feelings.

“I don’t know how I feel Mrs Kent…” Adam said frustratingly letting his head fall as he concluded his voice aimed to the floor

“…maybe I never will”

Adam walked out the back door. Clark went to follow but Martha stopped him with a grip to his upperarm.

“I think he wants to be alone sweetheart” she said softly as she waited for her son to reply.

“I know mom but I wish there was a way I can help him” he sighed in defeat.

“I know you do Clark but this is one battle Adam has to face and fight on his own”

(Authors Note: I dont want to try and make Adam mopy it is more to make you understand how frustrated he is that he is struggling to embrace his feelings that are locked away in his mind)

Hope you enjoyed please R&R...I know you always do

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎