No announcement yet.

Superman Reboot Casting Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman Reboot Casting Thread

This thread is for posting your ideal Superman reboot cast.

Obviously a reboot wouldnt include castmembers from Superman Returns and Smallville.

My reboot would simply be called "The Man of Steel." I decided to go the Batman Begins/TDK route with my cast and use established actors for a more sophisticated take:

Superman - Michael Trucco

Lex Luthor - Thomas Jane

Lois Lane - Charlize Theron

Jonathan Kent - Christopher Plummer

Martha Kent - Helen Mirren

Brainiac - Peter Weller

Jor-El - Daniel Day Lewis

Lara - Lena Heady

Jimmy Olsen - Anton Yelchin

Perry White - Powers Boothe

US President - Jon Voight

Also Starring:

Vice President - Ed Harris

General Lane - Alan Dale

[IMG]http://images4.*****.nocookie.net/24/images/thumb/9/93/Alan_Dale.jpg/200px-Alan_Dale.jpg[/IMG]

Amanda Waller - CCH Pounder

Last edited by Superman of Krypton; 08-13-2008, 08:22 PM.

Those choices are pretty good. I could see these actors actually being casted. Although, I really liked Routh as Superman.

Comment

Pretty good choices! I'd love to see Lena Headley as Lara.

Personally I want to see Bruce Willis as Lex Luthor.

Comment

thats some good choice except I would use Zoey Deschanel for Lois Lane and someone other than Micheal Trucco. personally i think routh is great but he didnt get a chance to show off his acting ability too well because of that idiot singer!

Comment

You can't do a reboot with Routh attached unfortunately.

The only way to use Brandon is with a sequel; I thought Brandon was great as well.

But Trucco is great in a totally different way; he has the low voice, commanding presense and badass vibe for a Jim Lee Superman. It takes the character in a different direction from the silverage boyscout.

Zoey Deschanel is a better fit with Routh. She's pretty much a better looking Margot Kidder and Routh is Reeve II.

Comment

charlize theron would make a great lois lane. plus shes hot. good choices. not sure aout the lex luthor though. wasnt he the punisher?

Comment

The former Punisher.

Punisher: Warzone has a new guy in the role.

Thomas Jane loves villians more than heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman of Krypton
                The former Punisher.

Punisher: Warzone has a new guy in the role.

Thomas Jane loves villians more than heroes.
                Punisher: Warzone is gone tank, I personaly don't know why they didn't use Thomas Jane as the punisher again. He did a great Job with punisher. I am one of those few that actually liked The Punisher.

Comment

^ i never liked the punisher. ever. he's a nut with a gun killing those that do wrong. it doesnt solve the problem. and Charlize theron doesnt seem like the electable choice for lois lane to me. i dont know why i just cant explain why she isnt. Zoey is a better pick to me.

Comment

I really like your casting decisions, Superman of Krypton. If I were in charge of this movie, I'd probably hire you as Casting Director or something! I love the Lois Lane you chose, but could this Michael Trucco pull off the Clark Kent disguise?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiltak
                      I personaly don't know why they didn't use Thomas Jane as the punisher again.
                      He quit. In his own words, he said his reasons behind leaving was because the script was so bad he felt it did a disservice to the fans and didn't want to be a part of it.
                      Originally posted by Theshadow129x
                      Zoey is a better pick to me.
                      I haven't seen her in a lot of things. But in the stuff I have seen she's either lifeless, or has her eyes glazed, or comes off generally creepy.

I bet Charlize could pull off the spunk. The sexy kind.

Comment

Tomwelling for Superman

On October 16th, 2001, Tom Welling became this generation’s man of steel. Since that day, the epic superman television show “Smallville” has continued to be a new cornerstone for the Superman legend. Fans around the world already acknowledge the incredible talent and dedication that Tom Welling has given to the show and its fans for the last eight years, and now its time to reach that next step. The WB has announced that they will reboot their Superman franchise and now is the time to act and promote a dream that started back in 2001. It is time to see Tom Welling take on the final pieces of this iconic role and don the cape and tights of earth’s mightiest hero, Superman!

To show your support, please print out one of the following Superman/ Tom Welling manips from: (http://www.myspace.com/tomwelling4superman) and mail it in with a letter (maybe even fax it in if you want ) to the WB to show your support for Tom Welling as this generation’s Superman!

Alan Horn, President / COO,
                        Warner Bros Entertainment,
                        4000 Warner Blvd.,
                        Burbank, CA 91522
                        [email protected]

Jeff Robinov, President,
                        Warner Bros Pictures Group,
                        4000 Warner Blvd.,
                        Burbank, CA 91522
                        [email protected]

Legendary Pictures
                        Thomas Tull, Chairman / CEO
                        4000 Warner Blvd, Bldg 76
                        Burbank, CA 91522
                        (310) 289-6677 fax

In addition, please mail them to Tom’s publicist as well. Make sure Tom knows that his fans want him to be the next Superman and that we support him!

PMK/HBH
                        Simon Halls, Publicist
                        700 San Vicente Blvd., Ste G910
                        West Hollywood, CA 90069
                        (310) 289-6677 fax
                        Last edited by Atomic girl; 12-22-2008, 12:39 PM.

Comment

awesome manip.

also vote for Tom in this online poll:

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

Comment

Tom Welling for Superman promotion video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOcSvgl04Ts

Comment

USA TODAY delivers current national and local news, sports, entertainment, finance, technology, and more through award-winning journalism, photos, and videos.

This is too cool. I had sent an email to Lorrie Lynch asking her to promote Tom Welling by making a new blog. We're gaining support every day

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎