X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drabble #1: LOVE (Dominion)

Hi Ms. Mary Ellen,

This guy is funny huh?

cygnusx1

btw, i wonder if the needle of his compass was pointing north during the exploration?

Your "boy scout" allusion to Clark was a nice touch to draw attention to the exploratory nature of their new relationship and the "new" treasures they will discover about each other in all of their splendid glory.

I am in awe of how you guided this series of drabbles to the throwback of their earlier relationship to the latter development. These abbreviated works are a fabulous tease (who else but the President of Teasers Anonymous would appreciate the truth of that statement?) to my mind's movie maker. The brief content this time is definitely more.

The "YouTube" song video was so fitting, beautiful and moving. As I read and listened to the lyrics being sung while watching the video, I got a little teary-eyed as it revived poignant memories of my RL relationship with my own "LL." If we make it to our anniversary date this year in July, we will have been married 37 years.

Whichever story or drabble I am reading at the time, the cool thing for me is while I am enjoying reading your version of Lois and Clark's relationship in all of its various facets, my mind transforms me into the character's environment going forward or backward in time (as if in a "time machine" ) to where they are and experience what they do as it relates or has related to my own RL ...

You well know the feeling of having spent quality time with any of your loved ones. After reading these little creations of yours and returning back from my "trip" in time, I am left with a merry heart to carry with me into another day at the "salt mines." I think since I have started reading your fan-fics, that nowhere else have I been carried to so many different places. It has been an unforgettable and uplifting experience and I thank you so much for that!

You stated recently in one of your earlier posts that you are moving soon. I hope your move goes smooth and you will enjoy again spending quality time with your family as you settle into your new "digs."

The WE is here with the next to last episode of Smallville ! Enjoy! Until next time ...=}:-)

Comment

Originally posted by DLNCFAN1
      "I could think of worse places to be stuck in," abruptly turning around and glaring at her.

"I'd rather be stuck in the desert without so much as a canteen of water then to put up with you," she counters.

Hi Ms. Mary Ellen,

I just love these little drabbles. I highlighted this portion in context for you to easily locate, because I believe (correct me if I am wrong) you were wanting to use the conjunction "than" to create a comparison rather than use "then" to highlight a starting point.

Otherwise, this little drabble is just perfect!
      I guess I missed that one. I just corrected it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DLNCFAN1
        Hi Ms. Mary Ellen,

This guy is funny huh?

You want to know a secret? Here it is: [SPOILER]cygnusx1 is the mysterious 'Mr. S.'[/SPOILER]

Your "boy scout" allusion to Clark was a nice touch to draw attention to the exploratory nature of their new relationship and the "new" treasures they will discover about each other in all of their splendid glory.
        Leave it to you to think of all that.

I am in awe of how you guided this series of drabbles to the throwback of their earlier relationship to the latter development. These abbreviated works are a fabulous tease (who else but the President of Teasers Anonymous would appreciate the truth of that statement?) to my mind's movie maker. The brief content this time is definitely more.
        I guess you could say I'm filling in the blanks. You know, the off-screen stuff that might have happened or should have happened? And yes, I do appreciate the truth of that statement.

The "YouTube" song video was so fitting, beautiful and moving. As I read and listened to the lyrics being sung while watching the video, I got a little teary-eyed as it revived poignant memories of my RL relationship with my own "LL." If we make it to our anniversary date this year in July, we will have been married 37 years.
        You may already know this, but swans are known to mate for life. When I saw this video, I loved it. It's fitting for Clois. As for your 'LL,' I hope you do make it. *fingers crossed*

Whichever story or drabble I am reading at the time, the cool thing for me is while I am enjoying reading your version of Lois and Clark's relationship in all of its various facets, my mind transforms me into the character's environment going forward or backward in time (as if in a "time machine" ) to where they are and experience what they do as it relates or has related to my own RL ...
        I think to a certain degree that we all do that at some point. A lot of times I hear a song and I can relate to something going on in my life - or maybe to the feelings and emotions I'm having at that particular time.

You well know the feeling of having spent quality time with any of your loved ones. After reading these little creations of yours and returning back from my "trip" in time, I am left with a merry heart to carry with me into another day at the "salt mines." I think since I have started reading your fan-fics, that nowhere else have I been carried to so many different places. It has been an unforgettable and uplifting experience and I thank you so much for that!
        That really means a lot to me that I'm making you feel better - even if it's just a little bit.

You stated recently in one of your earlier posts that you are moving soon. I hope your move goes smooth and you will enjoy again spending quality time with your family as you settle into your new "digs."
        Mom closes on the condo next Tuesday, so we're in the process of packing up a three-story house into a four room condo with a storage unit. I can't wait for the next two weeks to be over with because we're also having an estate sale and a closing on our old house. *ready to pull out hair*

The WE is here with the next to last episode of Smallville ! Enjoy! Until next time ...=}:-)
        I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Drabble # 4: HATE (Exposed)

"I'll have a coke...straight up on the rocks"
          -Clark to waitress

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Smallville," Lois retorts as they head on towards downtown Smallville.

"I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about," feigning innocence as he pulls up to the Talon.

"You know damn well what I'm talking about," jumping out of the truck before he could come to a complete stop.

"Could you at least let the truck come to a complete stop before you jump out?" he replies in exasperation as he turns the engine off and climbs out.

She ignores him and proceeds to walk around the truck. She reaches in the back for a box. "Don't try to change the subject," thrusting it at him.

"I'm not changing anything," a barely disguised smirk on his face as he carries the box towards the front door.

"Yes you are," following him inside.

He continues to ignore her as he reaches the staircase. "I felt it, you know."

He stops short about halfway up. "What are you talking about?" a hint of nervousness in his voice.

"When I sat on your lap at the strip club," she replies. "Now do you remember?"

"What did you feel?" slowly turning around to face her. I shouldn't have asked that.

"Clark Jr. What else?" she says teasingly as she walks up to where he's standing.

His eyes widen at her words. "I don't think---"

"You have nothing - and I mean nothing to be ashamed of," she tells him. "I must say that I'm flattered," softly kissing him behind the ear, then going around him and laughing as she climbs the rest of the stairs. He stares at her retreating form until he hears the door to her apartment opening.

She's going to be the death of me, he thinks to himself as he trudges up the stairs with the box in his arms...
          Last edited by gem65; 05-02-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

That was awesome. So, was that a deleted scene from Exposed? I love the quote you chose for the beginning of this drabble. I just love how Tom delivered it. Nice job, Mary.

Comment

you know, constantly, in the Clois relationship thread we discuss about his reaction to her in the lap scene hehehe He's reaction is so funny. Of course Clark Jr was up to play (with pun intendend ) and when she's off his lap that is crystal clear.

Someone even mentioned that his line in the end "ay, ay, sailor" has a double meaning

I love to see how Lois is not afraid to tease him - whatever the reason - and she really goes for it

Comment

That was so funny Mary El¡¡ and that quote have me laughing so hard:

"You have nothing - and I mean nothing to be ashamed of

Great Work¡¡

Comment

Originally posted by superlc529
                  That was awesome. So, was that a deleted scene from Exposed? I love the quote you chose for the beginning of this drabble. I just love how Tom delivered it. Nice job, Mary.
                  It sure was. He's particuarly cute when he's embarrassed like that. Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by MrsWolverine
                  That was so funny Mary El¡¡ and that quote have me laughing so hard:

Great Work¡¡
                  Thanks, Carmen. It didn't even take me that long to write.

Comment

Originally posted by cathy14

you know, constantly, in the Clois relationship thread we discuss about his reaction to her in the lap scene hehehe He's reaction is so funny. Of course Clark Jr was up to play (with pun intendend ) and when she's off his lap that is crystal clear.

Someone even mentioned that his line in the end "ay, ay, sailor" has a double meaning

I love to see how Lois is not afraid to tease him - whatever the reason - and she really goes for it
                    I agree with you about the "ay, ay, sailor" line. I bet that for a moment there his mind drifted off to naughty Cloisland.

Comment

Ha, trust Lois to bring up the fact that Clark Jnr might have 'reacted' with the lap dance. Poor Clark - he probably never heard the end of it.

Comment

Lol I knew Clark gave her more than a 20 that time. And im sure he has nothing to be ashamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                          Ha, trust Lois to bring up the fact that Clark Jnr might have 'reacted' with the lap dance. Poor Clark - he probably never heard the end of it.
                          You can always count on her. She's sooo predictable.
                          Last edited by gem65; 12-02-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darlenejbv
                            Lol I knew Clark gave her more than a 20 that time. And im sure he has nothing to be ashamed about.
                            I'm sure he doesn't. *fans self*

Comment

I hope to have the next installment ready within the next half-hour or so. Just so you know, it's a 'love' drabble. *winks*

Comment

Drabble # 5 LOVE (Harvest)

“I want you to know me completely with no secrets, ‘cause you’re the one. You’ll always will be”
                                -Clark to Lois
                                He gives her a loving smile, then lowers his lips to hers. Their eyes slowly close as they begin to kiss.

The journal slips from her hand and falls to the floor with a thud, but neither one of them even notice. Her fingers link behind his neck while his arms wrap around her waist and he pulls her flush against his chest.

They stand there for a while wrapped up in each others arms as the kiss deepens.

His hands slowly move down from her waist down to her backside and cups it gently, then they continue on their journey downward until they find the back of her knees.

He lifts her up into his arms, then promptly super-speeds them back to the house. He sets her down, then the kissing resumes once more. They take their time undressing each other while leaving a trail of their discarded clothing from the kitchen, up the stairs, and into the bedroom.

He reluctantly pulls away from her and goes on to create a romantic atmosphere.

She leans against the doorway and watches as he lights dozens of candles with his heat vision, then he shuts off the lights. He opens the window to allow the cool evening breeze to come into the room, then turns around to face her.

Their eyes linger on each other for a moment before he walks over to her and takes her hand.

His lips crash down on hers once again while he pulls her flush against him once more and their unclothed bodies finally touching for the first time.

Skin against skin.

He begins to walk backwards without breaking the kiss until his knees hit the foot of the bed. He sits down and pulls her onto his lap. He lays down on the bed; his head hitting the pillow as she falls down on top of him.

His fingers thread through her long, wavy locks while his other hand gently caresses her back, then rolling them over until he’s laying on top of her. They take their time exploring every inch of each others bodies.

He opens his eyes and gazes down at her closed ones while his fingers lightly touch her hair. She opens them and looks up at him with questioning eyes when she doesn’t feel his lips on hers, but then he smiles and everything is okay.

She smiles back and his lips lower to hers once more. His hand slides down her arm and his fingers slip between her fingers and clasp them tightly as they continue to make love.

Forever and for always.

Clark and Lois making love
                                Last edited by gem65; 05-02-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎