Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic start Mary Ellen.

Looking forward to reading more.

Comment

Yay a new story from you! And dirty dancing inspired? I really like the movie and your writing, so I know I'll love this story. As for the writing style I really like it like this, but I'll be happy with whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Comment

Originally posted by FWvidchick
        This is great Mary Ellen and just do what you feel comfortable with. You have us as support. If you need to switch styles part way through I can live with that..I'm a loyal fan and your a great writer.. so its no worries.

PPMS!
        If I get any more compliments, my head will swell. Thank you sooo much.

Originally posted by angie_casas
        AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love Dirty Dancing!!! That movie rocks! Clois + Dirty Dancing= *brain exploding for the awesomeness of it*

Mary-El I bow to you! *worships*

You can get away with narrating and your usual style. I don't mind I can't wait to read more *fan girl screams into the night*
        You bow to me? That is sooo cool. Seriously though, you don't have to do that.

I think as far as the story is concerned, I'll probably do a combination of the two. If you recall, there were at least several montages in the movie where there wasn't really any dialogue. I think some narration in those spots would work. I'll see when I get to those parts in the story. Thanks for the imput everybody. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by There Is No Spoon
          Fantastic start Mary Ellen.

Looking forward to reading more.
          I will soon - after the dust settles from the big move. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

Originally posted by darlenejbv
          Yay a new story from you! And dirty dancing inspired? I really like the movie and your writing, so I know I'll love this story. As for the writing style I really like it like this, but I'll be happy with whatever you feel most comfortable with.
          I think there will be a combination of the two. Like I said in a prior post, there were several times in the movie where there wasn't really any dialogue and narrating those parts just might work. I'm glad you like it so far and I hope to post something in the next couple weeks. In the meantime, I do have an chapter for Call Me almost ready for posting. My sounding board aka the boyfriend has not been feeling good for the last week. Hopefully he'll be feeling good enough to go over it for me. *fingers crossed*

Comment

omg awesome!! be my baby is my favorite song too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by smallvillegirl9
              omg awesome!! be my baby is my favorite song too!!!
              I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully I'll be able to update within the next couple weeks. I'm at the library right now because we just moved and the cable and internet service won't be up and running at the new place until Tuesday afternoon. *sighs*

Comment

I have to say I don´t like fics based on movies bc they are not really Clois I think, but anyway, Dirty dancing is one of my favorities movies, so I guess I´ll give it a chance to this.

Besides, Mary ellen, you always write great stories.

and I also love Lana Lang being Vivian Pressman (this woman was pathetic, just like miss lang LOL)
                Last edited by Eleidich; 05-28-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eleidich
                  I have to say I don´t like fics based on movies bc they are not really Clois I think, but anyway, Dirty dancing is one of my favorities movies, so I guess I´ll give it a chance to this.

Besides, Mary ellen, you always write great stories.

and I also love Lana Lang being Vivian Pressman (this woman was pathetic, just like miss lang LOL
                  I understand that people have their preferences. I certainly do and appreciate that you're giving it a chance. Thank you so much for the compliment.

Comment

Sorry but this isn't an update. I do have chapter one partially done. I might be able to have it ready in the next couple days, but I'm not making any promises at this time. In the meantime, here is a very brief snippet.

"Are we there yet?" Lucy whines once more.

"We're almost there," Sam replies as he continues driving down the road.

Lois just rolls her eyes and returns her attention to the book she was reading. I had to give up tickets to see Elvis at Madison Square Garden for this?

Comment

Take your time, Mary Ellen. No one's going anywhere

Just one thing though... i know that Lois met Clark - the love of her life - in this family trip vacation but, serioiusly, why did you have to make her miss Elvis at Madison Square Garden?!?!?! Gosh what i wouldn't give to have a time machine just to see an Elvis Concert live!!!

* a hunk, a hunk of burning love *

Comment

Originally posted by cathy14
                        Take your time, Mary Ellen. No one's going anywhere

Just one thing though... i know that Lois met Clark - the love of her life - in this family trip vacation but, serioiusly, why did you have to make her miss Elvis at Madison Square Garden?!?!?! Gosh what i wouldn't give to have a time machine just to see an Elvis Concert live!!!

* a hunk, a hunk of burning love *
                        Seeing him in concert would have been AMAZING. *sighs*

*It's now or never, come hold me tight...*

BTW, that's my all-time favorite song by Elvis.

Comment

Originally posted by gem65
                          Seeing him in concert would have been AMAZING. *sighs*

*It's now or never, come hold me tight...*

BTW, that's my all-time favorite song by Elvis.

For me is absolutely impossible to pic a favorite because i love everything he does. Even the silly movies! Elvis IS the king!

Comment

Originally posted by cathy14

For me is absolutely impossible to pic a favorite because i love everything he does. Even the silly movies! Elvis IS the king!
                            He is the King and always will be!!!

On a side note, did you know that the only Grammy's he ever won was for his Gospel recordings?
                            Last edited by gem65; 06-09-2011, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Update!

Be My Baby banner (black & white version)

Be My Baby banner (color version)

Be My Baby (Clois video)

CHAPTER 1

"Big girls don't cry, Big girls, don't cry--they don't cry..."

"Are we there yet?" Lucy whines once more.

"We're almost there," Sam replies as he continues driving down the road.

Lois just rolls her eyes and returns her attention to the book she was reading. I had to give up tickets to see Elvis at Madison Square Garden for this?

"Baby?"

Why does everybody keep calling me that? She looks up at the sound of her Mom's soft voice. "Yes, Mom?"

"You've been so quiet. Is everything okay?"

"Fine. Never better," she answers. "I'm really looking forward to spending the summer playing horseshoes and taking dancing lessons," plastering a fake smile on her face.

"I know you're disappointed about the concert, but how often do we get to spend any time together?" she asks as her hand reaches out to touch her daughter's face.

"I know," laying the book down with a sigh. "So where are we moving this time?"

"We're moving to Metropolis for good," her father interjects.

Lois had to blink twice to make sure she heard him right. "Did you just say what I thought you said?"

"You heard right," he answers with a smile. "I'm retiring from the Army and will be setting up a medical practice in Metropolis."

She moves forward and wraps her arms around his shoulders. "That's great!" giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I don't wanna move again," Lucy pouts. "I'm tired of making friends and having to leave them."

"Me too, but at least we'll finally be in one place," Lois replies.

"That's true, honey," Ella turning her head to look lovingly at her youngest daughter.

"I guess," releasing a sigh as she leans back against the seat cushions of the back seat. "So when are we moving anyway?" she asks.

"The end of August," her mother replies.

"That's when I'm supposed to leave for the Peace Corps," Lois remarks. "Please don't tell me that I have to postpone my flight to Ghana," looking up at her mother.

Her mother's lack of response answers her question. "That's not fair!" she declares as she throws down her book. "You know how much I've been looking forward to it. It was bad enough I had to give up the Elvis tickets," a scowl on her face.

"I promise we'll make it up to you," trying to calm her daughter down.

"I don't see how," folding her arms across her chest and turning her head to look out the car window. Perfect. Just perfect. Just when this day couldn't get any worse.

"Cheer up, Sis," Lucy says as she picks up Lois' discarded book. "Maybe you'll meet some cute guy. I know I'm hoping to," a grin on her face as she begins to read.

Yeah, and he's probably going to be some scrawny nerd with glasses, still looking out the window.

Ten minutes later...

"There it is," Sam says as they pass the sign that says Kellerman's Mountain House. He turns off the main road and slowly makes his way down the long driveway.

"I still can't believe that Max sold the place," Ella says as Sam pulls up to the curb in front of the main house. "Who did he sell it to anyway?" she asks as he shuts off the engine.

"Another friend of mine bought it. You remember Perry White, don't you?" getting out of the car.

"He bought this place?" a surprised look on her face as he comes around to her side of the car. "How is he going to run both a resort and remain the Editor-in-Chief of an international newspaper?"

"He's going to take the summer off from the newspaper to run the place," opening the door for her.

"So why didn't he change the name?" she asks as she steps out of the car.

"He figured it would make things easier to keep the original name," closing the door behind her.

"Look at that," Lucy admiring a guy in tight black pants and a white long-sleeved shirt as he walks towards the main door. "I should have brought those coral shoes. They would have matched that dress," sighing as she adjusts her glasses.

"You brought ten pairs already," Lois retorts as she gets out of the car.

"That's true, honey," Ella replies.

"This is not a tragedy," Sam says. "A tragedy is police using dogs in Birmingham or three men trapped in a mine."

"Or monks burning themselves in protest," the hint of a smirk on Lois' face.

"Butt out, Baby," glaring at her older sister.

Lois was about to make a retort when a man about her father's age walking towards them with a young man about twenty by his side. "Sam," coming up to him and shaking his hand.

"Perry," grasping his hand. "It's been a long time."

"It sure has," smiling back at him.

"I kept the best cabin for you and your beautiful girls," taking Ella's hand and softly kissing it.

"You are the charmer," smiling back at him.

"I try," winking at her, then turning to the young man by his side. "James, why don't you---"

"Get the luggage," finishing his sentence and leaving his side to walk around to the back of the car where Lois was already opening the trunk.

"I can do that for you," smiling at her.

"I'm perfectly capable of lifting out a piece of luggage," she says as she pulls out one of the suitcases.

"I didn't say you weren't," looking curiously at her as she proceeds to remove every piece of luggage. "Can I at least help you bring it to your cabin?"

"I guess that would be okay," thrusting one of the heavier ones towards him. "You can start with that one," a grin on her face as she picks up the two lighter ones. "So which one is our cabin anyway?" she asks.

"That one," pointing to it. "It's the closest one to the main house."

"Lead the way," following him down the path towards the cabin.

"That daughter of yours is a spitfire all right," Perry remarks to Sam and Ella.

"She takes after her mother," Sam says while wrapping his arm around his wife's shoulders. "Isn't that right, sweetheart," softly kissing her cheek.

"I have to take care of a few things, but I'll see you later at dinner," Perry tells them. "In the meantime, you should check out the merengue class in the gazebo that starts in a few minutes. The teacher was almost a Rockette at Radio City Music Hall," he adds.

"Maybe the next one," Sam replies. "We just got here and I want to settle into the cabin first."

"Next one...what?" Lois asks as she walks up to them with James in tow.

"There's an merengue class in a couple minutes. You definitely should go," Sam tells his daughter. "You need to know how to dance."

"Exactly why should I bother?" leaning against the car with her arms folded against her chest.

"Every young lady should know how to dance," her mother interjects. "How else are you going to attract a nice young man?" arching an eyebrow.

"I have better things to do," she retorts as she opens the car door and retrieves her book.

"No, you don't," her father replies as he pulls the book out of her hands.

"I'll show you where the gazebo is," James tells her. He turns to Lucy. "Are you coming?"

"Absolutely," smiling back at him. "Lead the way," linking her arm with his.

"I really don't want---"

"Go," Ella pushing her daughter.

"Fine," rolling her eyes and reluctantly following James and her sister.

"You're definitely going to have your hands full with her," Perry remarks as he walks away.

"He's right, you know," turning to her husband. "How about we go to the gazebo for that dance class?"

"Maybe tomorrow," wrapping his arms around his wife's waist. "I would rather have some alone time with my wife right about now," softly kissing her lips.

"I think that could be arranged," she says coyly as he leads her towards the cabin.

An hour later...

"Now that was fun," Lucy declares as they both enter the cabin.

"Sure it was," muttering to herself as she plops on her bed. "You're not the one who kept getting her toes stepped on by James Olsen," taking off her sneakers.

"You were doing your fair share of stepping on toes," she counters as she stands in front of the bathroom mirror brushing her hair.

"Whatever," rubbing her feet, then putting her sneakers back on.

"Where are you going?" she asks as Lois gets back up from the bed.

"I just decided to go for a walk," opening the door.

"It's dark outside," Lucy replies. "What about dinner?"

Lois pauses in the doorway. "I'm not really hungry right now. I'll have something later," closing the door behind her. She starts walking towards the main house, but changes her mind and starts walking towards the lake. She pulls off her sweater; laying it on the ground and sitting down close to the water's edge. She wraps her arms around her knees and breathes in the cool mountain air.

This is more like it, she thinks to herself. Who needs dance lessons anyway? smiling to herself as she closes her eyes and enjoys the quiet. All of a sudden, she hears a noise coming from the direction of the lake.

She opens her eyes and stares at the figure emerging from beneath the water. His back is to her as he shakes the water out of his hair. She can't stop herself from staring at how the muscles in his back ripple as he moves. She continues to watch with fascination as he turns around and walks slowly towards the shore. Her eyes bulge out of their sockets when he reaches the water's edge and reveals himself in all his naked glory.

Look at his face, Lois. Look at his face.

He finally notices her sitting there with her eyes bulging out of their sockets. "See something you like?" he says teasingly as he picks up a towel.

"Not really," her voice betraying her nervousness.

"I think you're lying," drying himself off.

"Don't tell me what I think," rising to her feet with her hands on her hips. "You don't know anything about me."

"I would like to," throwing the towel down and putting on his pants.

"Don't hold your breath," abruptly turning around.

She's a spitfire all right, smiling to himself and watching as she walks away.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 2

BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY - FRANKIE VALLI AND THE FOUR SEASONS

Big girls don't cry, big girls don't cry
                              big girls don't cry--- they don't cry
                              big girls, don't cry who said, they don't cry
                              my---girl, said goodbye--- my oh my
                              my girl, didn't cry--i wonder why

silly boy...told my girl we had to break up,
                              silly boy, thought that she would call my bluff
                              silly boy, when she said, to my surprise

big girls don't cry
                              big girls, don't cry--they don't cry
                              big girls, don't cry who said they don't cry
                              maybe..I was cruel---I was cruel
                              baby, I'm a fool...I'm such a fool

silly girl, shame on you your mama said
                              silly girl, shame on you you cried in bed
                              silly girl, shame on you, you told a lie

big girls...don't cry---they don't cry
                              big girls...don't cry---that's just, an alibi
                              big girls don't cry, big girls don't cry, big girls don't cry (fade out)
                              Last edited by gem65; 06-27-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Great start!!!! yep this has potential alright!!!! Update soooon......

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎