No announcement yet.

Misty

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great chapter mary ellen

i had to laugh at how they had to try and outdue each other with embarrassing stories when talking to ms stern.

seems lois can't stay too mad at clark once he turns on the charm

i wonder what you have planned for lucy but i think i know already

looking forward to the next action packed installment

Comment

• Originally posted by cygnusx1
      great chapter mary ellen

Thanks, Steve.

i had to laugh at how they had to try and outdue each other with embarrassing stories when talking to ms stern.

I enjoy writing stuff like that.

seems lois can't stay too mad at clark once he turns on the charm

If you were a woman, would you stay mad at Clark?

i wonder what you have planned for lucy but i think i know already

You do huh?

looking forward to the next action packed installment
      Get in line.

Comment

• ppms

Comment

• Originally posted by cookieblessed
          ppms
          I will soon.

Comment

• Just caught up!!! I've got a huge problem with catching up with stories these days!!! You know how much I love this story .... I love every chapter you post!!!
            Also...amazing banner!!! Oh, and I love Tess!!! She is terrific!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by devotedtoclois
              Just caught up!!! I've got a huge problem with catching up with stories these days!!! You know how much I love this story .... I love every chapter you post!!!
              Also...amazing banner!!! Oh, and I love Tess!!! She is terrific!!!
              That's really sweet of you to say. Thank you. As for the banner, Jovi did an amazing job on it.

Comment

• Believe it or not, I may have an update ready either tonight or tomorrow. I had an inspiration and just had to write it down. *winks*

Comment

• Originally posted by gem65
                  Believe it or not, I may have an update ready either tonight or tomorrow. I had an inspiration and just had to write it down. *winks*
                  i was watching the movie look whos talking last nite and i was thinking of a clark and lois version of the story lol!! i would love to write or read something like that!!! i wish i could have inspiration!!

Comment

• Originally posted by smallvillegirl9
                    i was watching the movie look whos talking last nite and i was thinking of a clark and lois version of the story lol!! i would love to write or read something like that!!! i wish i could have inspiration!!
                    That sounds like a cool idea, but I have too many stories to update right now. I have a story that's only partially finished and I have no idea when I'll finish it. I even have an idea for a Dirty Dancing adaption. So many ideas, so little time. *sighs*

Comment

That sounds like a cool idea, but I have too many stories to update right now. I have a story that's only partially finished and I have no idea when I'll finish it. I even have an idea for a Dirty Dancing adaption. So many ideas, so little time. *sighs*
                      i can write it i just need time and inspiration!!!!

Comment

• Chapter 15

PREVIOUSLY:

"Excuse me," tapping him on the shoulder.

The couple breaks the kiss; both of them turning to see Clark and Lois standing there. "Lois?" her eyes widening with shock.

"Lucy?"

Lucy stares back at her with shock. "What are you two doing here?"

"Believe it or not, Clark and I are here to do a story on his wedding," pointing at Charles.

"Wedding?" tearing herself away and glaring at him. "You bastard!" slapping him in the face with full force. "You told me that you broke it off before we met in Switzerland."

"Son of a b*tch!" his hand immediately moving to his cheek.

"That's nothing compared what I'm going to do to you," Lois declares; grabbing him by the collar.

"Come on, Lois," Clark interjects. "Violence is not the way to handle this situation."

"Are you sure about that?" staring intently into Charles' eyes.

"I'm sure," walking up to her.

"Alright," letting go, but not before she knees him in the crotch so hard that he drops to his knees. She turns around and sees the flabbergasted look on Clark's face. "So are you still sure that violence isn't the answer?" arching an eyebrow.

He doesn't answer at first, but then smiles at her. "That's my girl," pulling her into his arms and giving her a soft kiss on the lips. "Does that answer your question?" he asks after their lips pull apart.

"Oh, yeah," grinning back at him.

"What the hell is going on here?"

They all turn to see Rebecca standing there with a confused look on her face. "Charles?" rushing over to him and stooping down next to him. "Are you okay, sweetie?" softly kissing him on the cheek. "What happened?"

"She kneed me in the crotch," pointing to Lois.

She stands up and glares at her. "You have one hell of a nerve doing that to my fiancé," her eyes narrowing.

"She had a good reason," says Clark. "Show her, Lois."

"Absolutely," pulling out her phone and bringing up the pictures she took of Charles and Lucy kissing. "This is why," holding out the phone towards her.

Rebecca stares at the picture with a shocked expression on her face. "You bastard!" kicking him in the crotch and causing him to double over in pain once again, then turning to Lucy. "I want to know when this all started."

"We met in Switzerland," Lucy replies.

"Switzerland?" staring again at Charles. "We met in Switzerland," kicking him a second time.

"If she keeps that up, he'll never reproduce," Clark whispers in Lois' ear.

"Maybe he shouldn't," she whispers back; stifling a giggle.

"Please believe me when I say I didn't know he was still engaged," says Lucy. " He told me that he had broken it off."

"Why should I believe you?" taking out a tissue and dabbing her eyes with it.

"I've done a lot of stupid things in my life," turning briefly to look at her sister, "But if there's one thing I would never do is date another woman's man."

"That's actually true," Lois admits.

Rebecca doesn't say anything for a moment. "You know something? I believe you," she says at last; looking down at her now former fiancé. "Looks like I won't be getting married in two days after all," letting out a sigh.

Lucy wraps her arm around her shoulders. "You deserve better than a scumbag like him."

"You both deserve somebody better," says Lois; wrapping her arm around her sister's shoulder.

"Thanks, Lois," both Rebecca and Lucy answering at the same time.

"What do you say we go out and have some fun?" Lucy turning to Rebecca.

"Absolutely," smiling back at her. "I think that Charles should pay for it," stooping down and pulling his wallet out of his jacket and extracting some money. "Here you go, sweetie," tossing the wallet onto the ground. "Do you want to join us?" Rebecca asks Lois and Clark.

"Thanks for offering, but Clark and I already have plans," giving him a wink.

"That's right," smiling back at her. "How about we meet up for breakfast tomorrow morning instead?" he offers.

"Sounds good to me," says Rebecca.

"Me too," Lucy replies; turning to her sister. "I thought you were going to---"

"Give you a lecture?" she responds.

"Yeah," she replies.

"I was going to, but you seemed to handle things pretty well. That's a sign of real maturity."

"You weren't so bad yourself," giving her sister a brief peck on the cheek. "So you and Clark are together? When did that happen?"

"When we got to London."

"So the General doesn't know yet?"

"Not yet," Lois tells her. "Oliver is the only one that knows right now - with the exception of the three of you."

"My mother doesn't even know yet," says Clark; his arm wrapping around Lois' waist.

"We should tell her," looking up at him.

"We'll tell both our parents when we get back to Smallville - okay?"

"Sounds good to me," smiling up at him.

"I think I'll leave the two of you alone," winking at them. "See you at breakfast?"

"We're staying at the Kensington," says Clark. "Meet us around nine?"

"That sounds fine by me," says Lucy. "Let's go," turning to Rebecca.

"Okay," she replies. "I still have to break the news to my father though," a worried look on her face.

"We'll do that in the morning. Right now we're going to have some fun," Lucy replies.

"Good night," Lois calls out after them as Lucy and Rebecca start walking down the street.

Lucy turns around. "Good night, Lo," blowing her a kiss.

The two of them look down at Charles. "If I were you, I'd put some ice on your crotch to reduce the swelling," a hint of a smirk on his face, then turning to Lois. "What do you say we go for a walk?"

"I'd love to," she replies. "Let's go."

He takes her hand and they start walking down the street. After a while, they come to a small park. "Let's sit," guiding her to a bench. "It's such a beautiful night isn't it?" Clark remarks as they sit down and stare up at the full moon and the twinkling stars.

"It sure is," smiling up at him before laying her head on his shoulder. "I could get used to this," she murmurs.

"Me too," he whispers softly as he softly kisses the top of her head. They both look up when they hear the sound of a melodic voice wafting through the air.

"What was that?"

"I don't know, but it sounded like a bird call to me," he replies.

"It's a nightingale," a voice replies.

They both turn their heads to find an elderly gentleman walking up the path. "I didn't mean to intrude," he says with a smile as he comes up to them.

"You aren't," Clark replies with a smile. "That was a nightingale?"

He looks at them curiously. "You aren't from around here, are you?"

"No," Lois says. "We're from the United States."

"I thought so," coming over to them. "You've never heard of a nightingale singing in Berkley Square?"

"I've heard of a song by that name," says Clark. "What about you, Lois?" turning to her.

"Nope," she replies. "Is there a specific time when it sings?"

"There's no specific time," the man replies. "Although there is a legend about the nightingale singing whenever a couple in love appears in the park." He gives them the once over. "You must be in love."

"How did you know we're in love?" blushing a little.

"It's written all over your faces," smiling at them. He glances down at his wrist. "My wife is probably wondering where I am," adjusting the hat on his head.

"It was nice meeting you," Clark standing up and extending his hand.

"It really was," Lois also standing up.

"It was very nice meeting you too," first shaking Clark's hand, then raising Lois' hand to softly kiss it. "You have a wonderful evening," walking away.

They both stand there and watch until the gentleman disappears from their view. "That was interesting," she remarks.

"Yeah," a thoughtful look on his face.

She looks at him curiously. "What are you thinking about, Smallville?"

He doesn't answer her at first; instead pulling out his PDA.

"What are you doing?" she asks as he continues pressing buttons.

"You'll find out in a second," finding what he was looking for at last, then placing the PDA on the bench where they were just sitting. "Will you dance with me?"

"I'd love to," she answers as he wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her close to him. Her arms reach up to link around his neck; their cheeks softly resting against each others as they gently sway to the music...

I may be right, I may be wrong,
                        But I'm perfectly willing to swear
                        That when you turned and smiled at me,
                        A nightingale sang in Berkeley Square.

They continue dancing until the song comes to an end. Clark whispers in Lois' ear, "Would you like to go back to the hotel and pick up where we left off earlier?" pressing his lips against her neck.

"Mmm," a soft sigh escaping her lips. "I would like that," she whispers back. "But can you do one teeny tiny little thing for me first?"

"I would do just about anything for you," his lips moving down her neck. "What would you like me to do for you?"

Her lips move up to his ear and whispers, "Will you tell me the rest of your secret?"

He removes his lips from her neck and looks down at her. "Okay," lifting her up into his arms. "Hold on tight," he tells her just before he super-speeds away...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 16

A/N: I took a little liberty with the nightingale. You normally would find them only in the south, but I loved the idea of them in a park in the middle of London. I also made up the part about the nightingale singing whenever a couple in love appears in the park. It is my story after all. *winks*

A/N2: I LOVE Nat King Cole and really wanted to use one of his songs.

A/N3: On a side note, this is my 7,800th post. Only 200 more to 8,000.

A nightingale sang in Berkley Square - Nat King Cole

That certain night,
                        The night we met,
                        There was magic abroad in the air.
                        There were angels dining at the Ritz,
                        And a nightingale sang in Berkeley Square.

I may be right, I may be wrong,
                        But I'm perfectly willing to swear
                        That when you turned and smiled at me,

The moon that lingered over London town
                        Poor puzzled moon, he wore a frown.
                        How could he know that we two were so in love?
                        The whole darn world seemed upside down.

The streets of town were paved with stars,
                        It was such a romantic affair.
                        And as we kissed and said goodnight,

~interlude~

When dawn came stealing up, all gold and blue
                        To interrupt our rendez-vous,
                        I still remember how you smiled and said,
                        "Was that a dream? Or was it true?"

Our homeward step was just as light
                        As the dancing of Fr-ed Astaire,
                        And like an echo far away
                        Last edited by gem65; 03-07-2011, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Awww, that's very romanticˇˇˇ I love the nightingale story, I was in Berkeley square, but I didn't heard anything, but I went with friends not with a loverˇ
                          I love that they are in a more romantic phase, althought they are headed to the hotel....
                          Great Work Mary Elˇˇ
                          Pleeease Moreˇˇ

Comment

• Originally posted by MrsWolverine
                            Awww, that's very romanticˇˇˇ I love the nightingale story, I was in Berkeley square, but I didn't heard anything, but I went with friends not with a loverˇ
                            I love that they are in a more romantic phase, althought they are headed to the hotel....
                            Great Work Mary Elˇˇ
                            Pleeease Moreˇˇ
                            Thanks, Carmen. I'm glad you loved it. I will post soon, but I'm going to work on CYRMM? next.

Comment

"Alright," letting go, but not before she knees him in the crotch so hard that he drops to his knees. She turns around and sees the flabbergasted look on Clark's face. "So are you still sure that violence isn't the answer?" arching an eyebrow.

He doesn't answer at first, but then smiles at her. "That's my girl," pulling her into his arms and giving her a soft kiss on the lips. "Does that answer your question?" he asks after their lips pull apart.
                              Totally Lois. I'm really glad that Lucy didn't know.

"If she keeps that up, he'll never reproduce," Clark whispers in Lois' ear.
                              *snort*

He takes her hand and they start walking down the street. After a while, they come to a small park. "Let's sit," guiding her to a bench. "It's such a beautiful night isn't it?" Clark remarks as they sit down and stare up at the full moon and the twinkling stars.

"It sure is," smiling up at him before laying her head on his shoulder. "I could get used to this," she murmurs.

"Me too," he whispers softly as he softly kisses the top of her head. They both look up when they hear the sound of a melodic voice wafting through the air.

"What was that?"

"I don't know, but it sounded like a bird call to me," he replies.

"It's a nightingale," a voice replies.

[...]

"There's no specific time," the man replies. "Although there is a legend about the nightingale singing whenever a couple in love appears in the park." He gives them the once over. "You must be in love."
                              Sweet touch. Is the elderly gentleman just a random character to tell Clois about the "legend" or will he come into play more later?

They continue dancing until the song comes to an end. Clark whispers in Lois' ear, "Would you like to go back to the hotel and pick up where we left off earlier?" pressing his lips against her neck.

"Mmm," a soft sigh escaping her lips. "I would like that," she whispers back. "But can you do one teeny tiny little thing for me first?"

"I would do just about anything for you," his lips moving down her neck. "What would you like me to do for you?"

Her lips move up to his ear and whispers, "Will you tell me the rest of your secret?"

He removes his lips from her neck and looks down at her. "Okay," lifting her up into his arms. "Hold on tight," he tells her just before he super-speeds away...
                              Oooo! The most fun part to write and to read. Great job, Mary! I'm glad you were able to update. I can't wait to see the rest of the secret reveal.

Clois Forever!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by superlc529
                                Totally Lois. I'm really glad that Lucy didn't know.

Me too. I really didn't want her to know.

*snort*

Normally that would be something that Lois would say, but I couldn't resist having it be Clark.

Sweet touch. Is the elderly gentleman just a random character to tell Clois about the "legend" or will he come into play more later?

He's just a random character. I don't have any plans to bring him back. You never know though. *shrugs shoulders*

Oooo! The most fun part to write and to read. Great job, Mary! I'm glad you were able to update. I can't wait to see the rest of the secret reveal.

I originally ended it with the song lyrics, but decided to change it.

Clois Forever!!!!!!!!!!
                                I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎