Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lane-Kent Bunch (The Brady Bunch - Clois style)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well that was an interesting chapter maryellen.

That was a heck of a time to learn he had superhearing during the big fight. i liked that clark reflected on the argument and we got to see why she left him.

i had to laugh at greg calling out his daddio when he caught him blushing and the clarkman going on the defensive

looking forward to the next update

Comment

• Originally posted by cygnusx1
      well that was an interesting chapter maryellen.

That was a heck of a time to learn he had superhearing during the big fight. i liked that clark reflected on the argument and we got to see why she left him.

i had to laugh at greg calling out his daddio when he caught him blushing and the clarkman going on the defensive

looking forward to the next update
      Long time no see my friend.

Having a flashback about the night Lana left was always in my plan for this story. I might do a flashback about Lois and Wes. I love it when you refer to Clark as the Clarkman. I think I'll use that in a future chapter. Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

• Sorry but this isn't an update. It is the next one I'm working on though. Hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by gem65
          Long time no see my friend.

Having a flashback about the night Lana left was always in my plan for this story. I might do a flashback about Lois and Wes. I love it when you refer to Clark as the Clarkman. I think I'll use that in a future chapter. Glad you enjoyed it.
          Oh yes please do a Wes/Lois scene that would be awesome. I would love to see how their relationship was like.

Comment

Sorry but this isn't an update. It is the next one I'm working on though. Hopefully I'll have it done by the end of the weekend.
            Sounds good Can't wait

Comment

• Originally posted by darlenejbv
              Oh yes please do a Wes/Lois scene that would be awesome. I would love to see how their relationship was like.
              I will be doing one, but I'm not sure which chapter it'll be in.

Originally posted by Nastassjia
              Sounds good Can't wait
              I'm hoping to have it done for tomorrow, but RL has been kicking my ass this year so...
              Last edited by gem65; 02-15-2011, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• Here is the amazing banner by Carol aka ctbn60. Thanks, Carol!

CHAPTER 17

Metropolis International Airport - five days later

Clark and Greg are at the terminal waiting for Martha's plane to arrive. He checks his watch again and frowns. "Shouldn't grandma be here already?" Greg asks him; looking up at his father.

"She should be," agreeing with him. "I hope everything is okay."

Greg is about to say something when he happens to glance at the arrivals board. "Is that her flight number?" pointing to the board.

Clark checks the scrap piece of paper in his hand, then looks up at the board. "Flight 88 from Washington, D.C. That's it," frowning again. "Looks like her flight was delayed another hour," shoving the paper into his pocket. "I better call Ava to let her know that we'll be late in picking up your brothers," pulling out his PDA.

"What's Grandpa's flight number?" Marcia asks her mother as she parks the car.

"Flight 88," she replies as they both get out of the car.

"I can't wait to see him," a smile on her face as they walk towards the terminal.

Lois doesn't answer as the doors to the main entrance slide open and they step inside. They continue walking in silence until they reach their destination. She looks up at the board. "That's just great!" a scowl on her face.

"What's wrong?" Marcia asks.

"His plane has been delayed for another hour," she replies. "I better call Chloe and let her know that we're going to be late in picking up your sisters," pulling out her PDA. After she talks to her, she turns to her daughter. "How about we get a snack?" pointing at the McDonalds sign.

"Sounds good to me," smiling up at her mother.

"Good," taking her daughters hand and leading her towards the counter.

On the plane...

Martha is so absorbed in her book that she doesn't hear the voice at first. "Senator Kent?"

She looks up and removes her glasses. "General Lane?" laying her book down across her lap.

"You can call me Sam," he replies with a smile. "May I sit?" indicating the empty seat next to her.

"Of course," moving her purse from the seat and stowing it beneath her own. "As long as you call me Martha," smiling back at him.

"Thank you, Martha," sitting down. "So you're going back to Metropolis for business?" he asks as he flags down the flight attendant for a drink.

"Pleasure, actually," she replies. "I'm visiting my son and grandsons. What about you?"

"I'm visiting my daughter and granddaughters," he answers; taking a sip of his drink. "So how many do you have?" he asks. "Grandsons I mean?"

"I have three," she answers. "What about you?"

"I have three too," he replies.

"Do you visit them often?" she asks as she sips her bottled water.

He hesitates for a moment. "Not as much as I would like," he answers at last. "I can't believe I'm telling you this, but my daughter and I don't have the best relationship," leaning back against his seat with a sigh. "What about you and your son?" he asks in an attempt to change the conversation. "Do you get along okay?"

She notices how he changed the subject and decides not to say anything about it. "We get along wonderfully," she replies with a smile. "I can't wait to see him."

He nods his head as he finishes off his drink and sets it down on the tray table. "You know," beginning to speak. "We're avoiding the white elephant in the room."

She purses her lips for a moment. "I know," putting down the bottle. "I am firmly opposed to the VRA bill passing and will vote against it with no hesitation on my part - so if you're going to try to change my mind, you won't succeed," she replies in a firm voice.

"Don't you understand that we can't just have these so-called vigilante's running around and taking the law into their own hands?"

"That's not what they're doing," her eyes narrowing.

"Of course that's what they're doing," his voice rising slightly. "Take this 'Superman' character for example."

"What about him?" an edge to her voice.

"He just appears out of nowhere and now everybody looks up to him as if he were a God among men."

"Superman sets an example for how all people should behave," she answers quickly; putting her glasses back on and picking up her book. "This conversation is finished," turning her head away from him and beginning to read again.

He gets up from the seat in a huff and goes back to his seat. What a stubborn woman she is, sitting down in his seat.

What an arrogant son of a b*tch, she thinks to herself as she continues reading.

Back at the airport

"I won again!" Greg exclaims with a smirk. "Pay up," grinning at him.

"I still can't believe you beat me," pulling out his wallet and extracting a five-dollar bill. "When did you get so good at gin rummy anyway?" handing it to him.

"Uncle Jimmy and I play sometimes," pocketing the money. "I'm actually much better at poker," winking at his father.

"Your Uncle Jimmy taught you how to play poker?" looking at his son with astonishment.

Greg looks curiously at him. "You don't think he should have taught me?"

"Well," hesitating briefly before replying. "You are ten years old after all."

"It's not as if we play for money," he answers quickly. "How else do you think I was able to get those tickets to the Metropolis Sharks that one time?" the hint of a smile on his face.

"You told me that your Uncle Jimmy gave them to you. Now you're telling me that you won them in a hand of poker?" his eyes widening.

"He did give them to me," he replies. "I just didn't tell you that he had to give them to me." He goes on to say, "Poor Uncle Jimmy had a straight, but I had a full house. You should have seen his jaw drop when I laid down my cards," the smile growing wider.

"I think I need to have a little chat with your Uncle Jimmy and find out what else he's teaching you," shaking his head. "I just hope he's not teaching you stuff that you're too young to know about yet," taking a gulp out of his bottle of iced tea.

"You mean like sex?"

Clark does a spit-take and stares at his son in shock. "Please don't tell me that he's talked to you about that?" glaring at his son.

"Of course not," trying to reassure his father. "I just wanted to see the reaction on your face when I said the word," grinning again.

"You kids are going to be the death of me," rolling his eyes as he uses a napkin to wipe the iced tea from his shirt. He gets up and walks over to the trash barrel to throw out the napkin and accidently bumps into someone who was also throwing something away. "I'm sorry," looking up to find a pair of hazel eyes staring back at him. "Lois?"

Lois stares at him with surprise. "Smallville?"

"What are you doing here?" they both ask at the same time.

"I'm waiting for my mother's plane. Remember I told you she was coming to town?"

"That's right," a sheepish look on her face. "I forgot. That's why you left work early."

He can't help smiling back at her. "So what are you doing here?" he asks as he finally throws away the napkin.

"My father called right after you left and said he was coming for a visit," she replies with a sigh.

He notes the change in her voice. "I take it you're not happy about it?" arching an eyebrow.

"Let's just say that my father and I don't have the best relationship - and that's on a good day," sighing yet again.

"I'm really sorry to hear that," taking her hand in his. "Would you like to talk about it?"

"Maybe another time?" smiling back at him.

While they continue to talk, Greg walks over to where Marcia is standing. "Is that your Mom talking with my Dad?" he asks her.

"Yep," turning her head. "I'm Marcia."

"I'm Greg." They continue to watch their parents. "You know," lowering his voice, "I think your Mom is smitten with my Dad."

"Well I think your Dad is smitten with my Mom," she counters.

"Why don't we just agree that they're smitten with each other. Deal?" extending his hand.

"Deal," shaking it.

Meanwhile, Clark and Lois are still talking. "I guess I won't be having dinner with you and your Mom after all," a hint of disappointment in her voice. "I was really looking forward to it."

"Who says you have to miss dinner?" he replies.

"What exactly are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you can bring your father," a smile on his face. "I'm sure that my mother won't mind. She always loves having people over for dinner."

"Well," hesitating a moment.

He cocks his head and looks curiously at her. "Do you have a problem with it?"

"It's just that I haven't told him about you yet, and he has this habit of putting any man that I'm interested in to a test."

"So you're interested in me huh?" he says teasingly.

"Stop that," lightly punching his shoulder. "We've barely known each other two weeks and I just don't want him to---"

"Scare me off?" finishing her sentence.

She stares at him with astonishment. "How did you know I was going to say that?"

"I can read minds. It's one of my powers," his eyes dancing with mischief. "Just so you know," wrapping his arm suddenly around her waist and lowering his mouth near her ear. "I don't scare easily," his breath tickling her neck.

She gulps thickly at how close their bodies are. "I thought we agreed to take things slow?" her voice betraying her nervousness.

"Actually, you are the one who wanted to take things slow," he counters. "If it were up to me, I would have kissed you on our first date," whispering in her ear.

"But you didn't," her pulse beginning to speed up.

"That's right," he replies. "I didn't want to pressure you into anything - but I will promise you this: When I kiss you for the first time, you will not see it coming. It'll happen when you least expect it."

"It will?" turning her head to look up at him.

"Absolutely," smiling down at her. "I can also promise you that I'm going to want to kiss you more than once," softly kissing her behind the ear, then letting go of her. "I'll see you and your father at seven o'clock tomorrow night," winking at her as he walks away.

"Okay," calling out to him as Marcia comes over to her. "So that's the guy, huh," she remarks.

She continues to stare as Clark walks away; a dreamy expression in her eyes.

"Mom?"

"Yes?" coming out of her daze when she hears her daughters voice.

"Grandpa's plane just landed," pointing to the arrival's board.

Greg runs to catch up with his father. "So that's the lady huh?" he asks.

He doesn't answer him; a dreamy expression in his eyes. He gives himself a mental shake when he finally notices his son standing next to him. "Looks like your grandmother's plane just landed," looking up at the arrival's board. "There she is," spotting Martha coming through the door and waving at her.

A minute later, Marcia points at the same door that Martha came through. "There he is," Marcia seeing her grandfather come through the door.

This should be an interesting weekend, Clark thinks to himself as he gives his Mom a hug.

I hope this weekend doesn't blow up in my face, Lois can't help but think as she greets her father.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 18
                Last edited by gem65; 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Ooh, the weekend's going to be interesting. Looks like sparks are already flying between Sam and Martha. Hope Lois and Clark realise what they'll be in for.

Comment

• Fantastic chapter Mary Ellen.

It will definitely be an interesting dinner. Looking forward to reading it.

Post soon.

Comment

Clark checks the scrap piece of paper in his hand, then looks up at the board. "Flight 88 from Washington, D.C. That's it," frowning again. "Looks like her flight was delayed another hour," shoving the paper into his pocket. "I better call Ava to let her know that we'll be late in picking up your brothers," pulling out his PDA.
                      I bet Ava is a great character... with a lovely name

He hesitates for a moment. "Not as much as I would like," he answers at last. "I can't believe I'm telling you this, but my daughter and I don't have the best relationship," leaning back against his seat with a sigh. "What about you and your son?" he asks in an attempt to change the conversation. "Do you get along okay?"

She notices how he changed the subject and decides not to say anything about it. "We get along wonderfully," she replies with a smile. "I can't wait to see him."
                      I've always felt for Lois with her relationship with her father... they both love one another deeply but it's been rough on her. I also love the contrast with Martha and Clark. I also love how motherly Martha is with Lois.

"Of course that's what they're doing," his voice rising slightly. "Take this 'Superman' character for example."

"What about him?" an edge to her voice.

"He just appears out of nowhere and now everybody looks up to him as if he were a God among men."

"Superman sets an example for how all people should behave," she answers quickly; putting her glasses back on and picking up her book. "This conversation is finished," turning her head away from him and beginning to read again.
                      Never, and I mean ever, put down someone's son (even though he doesn't know)... Mama Bear wasn't too happy about the way someone spoke about her cub. Love Mrs. K! Serves the General right for talking like that...

"I think I need to have a little chat with your Uncle Jimmy and find out what else he's teaching you," shaking his head. "I just hope he's not teaching you stuff that you're too young to know about yet," taking a gulp out of his bottle of iced tea.

"You mean like sex?"

Clark does a spit-take and stares at his son in shock. "Please don't tell me that he's talked to you about that?" glaring at his son.

"Of course not," trying to reassure his father. "I just wanted to see the reaction on your face when I said the word," grinning again.
                      Oh, he's funny!! Awkward family conversations FTW!

"I'm Greg." They continue to watch their parents. "You know," lowering his voice, "I think your Mom is smitten with my Dad."

"Well I think your Dad is smitten with my Mom," she counters.

"Why don't we just agree that they're smitten with each other. Deal?" extending his hand.

"Deal," shaking it.
                      Even the kids notice it! Gah! I love how just anyone and everyone can immediately recognize the epic love affair that is Clois!

"I can read minds. It's one of my powers," his eyes dancing with mischief. "Just so you know," wrapping his arm suddenly around her waist and lowering his mouth near her ear. "I don't scare easily," his breath tickling her neck.

She gulps thickly at how close their bodies are. "I thought we agreed to take things slow?" her voice betraying her nervousness.

"Actually, you are the one who wanted to take things slow," he counters. "If it were up to me, I would have kissed you on our first date," whispering in her ear.

"But you didn't," her pulse beginning to speed up.

"That's right," he replies. "I didn't want to pressure you into anything - but I will promise you this: When I kiss you for the first time, you will not see it coming. It'll happen when you least expect it."

"It will?" turning her head to look up at him.

"Absolutely," smiling down at her. "I can also promise you that I'm going to want to kiss you more than once," softly kissing her behind the ear, then letting go of her. "I'll see you and your father at seven o'clock tomorrow night," winking at her as he walks away.
                      Clark Kent is so damn sexy. I love the journey these two are taking to get together in this story. Once again, a marvelous update with my favorite story of yours. I can't wait to read the next update. I apologize for not commenting on any other stories. I have taken a break from all fanfiction reading and writing, but I saw the update in this one and just couldn't pass it bye. Hope you're doing well... and everything with 'S' is great

Comment

• Haha first let me say that I loved Martha cursing because she comes off as the sweetest person ever but I bet she thinks things like that when she doesn't like people. *cough Lana cough*

Also the comment about sex that Greg made was funny. Anyways I loved the update.

Comment

• I think there is a storm forming Martha and the General reaction to one another about their discussion of the VRA was funny.....
                          I was so expecting a kiss in some point in all the teasing flirting Clark had on Lois
                          And Marcia and Greg reaction with the way their parents were acting was hilarious

This update was fantastic, I can't wait for the next one and see how is that dinner going to go

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenixnz
                            Ooh, the weekend's going to be interesting. Looks like sparks are already flying between Sam and Martha. Hope Lois and Clark realise what they'll be in for.
                            Sparks may be flying, but they're not romantic ones. In this story, Martha is dating Perry White. Clark and Lois don't know what they're in for yet because they don't know that Martha and Sam already know each other - but they'll find out soon enough.

Originally posted by There Is No Spoon
                            Fantastic chapter Mary Ellen.

It will definitely be an interesting dinner. Looking forward to reading it.

Post soon.
                            It definitely will be an interesting dinner. I'm looking forward to writing it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by darlenejbv
                            Haha first let me say that I loved Martha cursing because she comes off as the sweetest person ever but I bet she thinks things like that when she doesn't like people. *cough Lana cough*

Also the comment about sex that Greg made was funny. Anyways I loved the update.
                            I've pretty much always thought that. Even Martha has her limits, so I'm sure that she thinks those things - even if she doesn't necessarily express them out loud. I got a kick out of the sex line too. It made me laugh. Glad you loved this update.

Originally posted by MariVe
                            I think there is a storm forming Martha and the General reaction to one another about their discussion of the VRA was funny.....
                            I was so expecting a kiss in some point in all the teasing flirting Clark had on Lois
                            And Marcia and Greg reaction with the way their parents were acting was hilarious

This update was fantastic, I can't wait for the next one and see how is that dinner going to go
                            There is a storm brewing - that's for sure. I pretty much knew when I got to the Clark and Lois part of this update that they wouldn't kiss. I'm saving that for another time. I already have an idea for it, but I won't say what it is or even give you a hint - just in case I change my mind. I got a kick out of writing Marcia and Greg. My thinking is that they'll get along pretty good. I already have Peter and Janet at odds. Not sure about Bobby and Cindy because they're still really young and don't know better. Glad you enjoyed this update - and I promise to try not and wait too long to update it.
                            Last edited by gem65; 02-03-2011, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by adoredclois
                              I bet Ava is a great character... with a lovely name

I'm sure that 'Ava' is a very lovely person.

I've always felt for Lois with her relationship with her father... they both love one another deeply but it's been rough on her. I also love the contrast with Martha and Clark. I also love how motherly Martha is with Lois.

It has been rough on Lois. You're right that they love each other, but it's been a difficult and somewhat strained relationship. Maybe seeing how Martha and Clark interact will help her and her father.

Never, and I mean ever, put down someone's son (even though he doesn't know)... Mama Bear wasn't too happy about the way someone spoke about her cub. Love Mrs. K! Serves the General right for talking like that...

That's right. Mama Bear was NOT happy about Sam's comments. I just love her character and am happy to hear that she'll be back in another episode this season.

Oh, he's funny!! Awkward family conversations FTW!

I made myself laugh when writing it.

Even the kids notice it! Gah! I love how just anyone and everyone can immediately recognize the epic love affair that is Clois!

That is so true. The kids are very observant.

Clark Kent is so damn sexy. I love the journey these two are taking to get together in this story. Once again, a marvelous update with my favorite story of yours. I can't wait to read the next update. I apologize for not commenting on any other stories. I have taken a break from all fanfiction reading and writing, but I saw the update in this one and just couldn't pass it bye. Hope you're doing well... and everything with 'S' is great
                              I just love writing a sexy and more mature Clark Kent. It's sooo much fun. Don't feel the need to apologize. I don't mind waiting a little longer for comments as long as I get amazing reviews like yours.

Everything with 'S' is fine. Everything else...well...is very difficult right now. Not sure if you heard this or not, but my father passed away on New Year's Day Eve.

Comment

• Great chapter!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎