No announcement yet.

Misty

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by protector91
    I have a habit of writing big cliff hangers myself. In practically every story I've written (most are on a different site though a few can be found here) I end the chapter on some sort of cliff hanger.
    It's a lot of fun isn't it?

On a side note, this is the 600th post in this thread (not counting the ones in the AFF). Yay me. *grins*

Comment

• Hi five!

Comment

• Originally posted by protector91
        Hi five!
        Thanks! *hi-five's back*

Comment

• oh my goodness gracious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark=Hot!
            oh my goodness gracious.
            Liked it huh?

Comment

• You know i'm far far behind right?
              those two were playing a very dangerous game in that car Superman is supose to protect life ha..ha... Reckless driving, very very naughty mr superman

Comment

• Originally posted by cathy14
                You know i'm far far behind right?
                those two were playing a very dangerous game in that car Superman is supose to protect life ha..ha... Reckless driving, very very naughty mr superman
                I do know that. Only kidding (sort of).

In Clark's defense, he was driving really slow and was stuck in traffic.

PS: Lois was also naughty.

Comment

• I just realized that it's been over a month since I updated this story - so since I couldn't sleep this morning, here is a brief snippet to tie you over until I can finish the next chapter. Enjoy.

"Are we there yet?" drumming her fingers impatiently on the edge of the armrest.

"Almost," not looking over at her.

"Good, because it feels like forever since we left the hotel," her arms folded against her chest.

"Well who's fault was that?" his hand reaching over to squeeze her knee.

Comment

• Originally posted by gem65
                    I just realized that it's been over a month since I updated this story - so since I couldn't sleep this morning, here is a brief snippet to tie you over until I can finish the next chapter. Enjoy.
                    Don't you just love when you can't sleep and you think of scenes for your stories? I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by superlc529
                      Don't you just love when you can't sleep and you think of scenes for your stories? I do.
                      I know what you mean - but right now I would pick sleep over stories because I am so emotionally and physically exhausted. *sighs*

Comment

• Originally posted by gem65
                        I know what you mean - but right now I would pick sleep over stories because I am so emotionally and physically exhausted. *sighs*
                        try Horlics babe. it works every time for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by lovinredkclark
                          try Horlics babe. it works every time for me.
                          Where do you get that from?

Comment

• well in i get it from my local UK shop, but i have seen it in Loblaws. now from memory you in the US, so i'm not sure where to get. i will ask my b-inlaw to look for some.

anyway this what its is;

The original malted hot drink that aids restful sleep. Just add hot milk or make in the microwave. No artificial colour, flavour or sweetener.
                            Ingredients: wheat flour, malted barley, dried whey, malt extract, sugar, vegetable fat, lactose, dried skimmed milk, calcium carbonate, milk proteins, salt, potassium carbonate, vitamins (C, niacin, B2, B1, A, folic acid, D, B12)

Comment

• Originally posted by lovinredkclark
                              well in i get it from my local UK shop, but i have seen it in Loblaws. now from memory you in the US, so i'm not sure where to get. i will ask my b-inlaw to look for some.

anyway this what its is;

The original malted hot drink that aids restful sleep. Just add hot milk or make in the microwave. No artificial colour, flavour or sweetener.
                              Ingredients: wheat flour, malted barley, dried whey, malt extract, sugar, vegetable fat, lactose, dried skimmed milk, calcium carbonate, milk proteins, salt, potassium carbonate, vitamins (C, niacin, B2, B1, A, folic acid, D, B12)
                              That sounds similar to Ovaltine.

Comment

• A/N: Sorry for the delay, but RL has been really hard on me and my family lately. I hope you enjoy this update.

Chapter 13

PREVIOUSLY:

"You're probably thinking about how you're going to get me back," his hot breath tickling her neck.

Her breath catches in her chest at his statement. "Now why would I think something like that?" her voice betraying her nervousness.

"Because I know you so well," his lips lightly pressing against her neck.

"Well you did start it," a small moan escaping from her mouth as his lips move down her neck.

"That's true, but it's my turn again," lightly nipping at her collarbone.

They're interrupted by a tapping on the passenger side window. They both look up to see a police officer standing there. "Move along, people," he tells them.

"Yes, officer," Clark replies as he releases the brake and slowly pulls back into the flow of traffic...

"Are we there yet?" drumming her fingers impatiently on the edge of the armrest.

"Almost," not looking over at her.

"Good, because it feels like forever since we left the hotel," her arms folded against her chest.

"Well who's fault was that?" his hand reaching over to squeeze her knee.

"You know darn well whose fault it is," pushing his hand off.

"You'll have to refresh my memory," his hand returning to slide up her thigh.

"Will you please stop that?" pushing it off again.

He put his hand back on the steering wheel and muttered under his breath. She looks over with a curious look. "Did you just say something?"

"Nope," he answers tersely.

"Liar," punching him lightly on the shoulder.

"Think what you want, Lois," shrugging his shoulder as he pulls the car up to the front of the hotel where the reception is taking place.

"Well it's about time we got here," quickly unbuckling the seatbelt. She's about to open the door when she feels a breeze on her face. She looks up to see Clark standing there with his hand extended. "I could have opened it myself," rolling her eyes slightly.

"I know," he remarks as she takes his hand and steps out of the car. "My mother raised me to be a gentleman," a smile on his face.

"Little did she know how much of a gentleman you're not when we're alone," winking at him as they walk towards the front door.

"She doesn't need to know that," pinching her rear end.

"Hey!" flinching slightly at his sudden action.

He lowers his head and whispers in her ear. "Preview of coming attractions," his breath tickling her neck.

"You really are a naughty boy," her fingers finding his backside and giving it a little squeeze.

"I am," softly kissing her neck.

"Well it's about time."

They both look up to see Oliver standing in the lobby with a big grin on his face. "I was just wondering what was taking you two so long and now I know," his eyes lingering on Clark and Lois' clasped hands. "It's about time you two admitted your feelings," giving Clark a pat on the back.

"She just couldn't resist the Kent charm anymore," earning a glare and a punch on the shoulder from Lois.

Oliver notices that her other hand was wrapped in an elastic bandage. "What happened to your hand?" he asks as they walk towards the elevator.

"She hit me before I could tell her that I'm invulnerable," Clark replies as they enter the elevator.

Oliver quirks his brows at him. "So you finally told her your secret?" he asks as the doors close.

"Some of it," taking her hand again and softly kissing it. "I'll tell her the rest when we get back to our hotel tonight."

"I'm glad to hear that," grinning once again. "I always thought that you could trust Lois with your secret."

"It was never a question of not trusting Lois," he says; turning to her.

"I made him realize that his excuse about protecting me was just silly," punching him yet again.

"Keep that up and you'll have two sprained hands," Clark quips.

She's about to make a retort when the elevator stops on their floor. They all exit the elevator and start walking down the hall towards the executive suite where the reception is taking place. "So have you met the bride and groom yet?" she asks as Oliver knocks on the door.

"I've met the bride, but not the groom," he replies as the door opens.

"Your names?" the man queries.

"Oliver Queen," he replies.

"Lois Lane and Clark Kent, Daily Planet," Lois speaking up.

The man checks his list. "You may come in," holding the door open. The three of them step inside while the man closes the door. "May I take your coats?"

"Thank you," Lois replies; taking her coat and handing it to him.

Both Clark and Oliver also hand their coats over to him, and the man walks away. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving," Lois declares; walking away from them and heading over to the buffet table.

"Starving, huh?" turning to Clark with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, Green Bean," a small frown on his face as he also heads towards the buffet table.

"You are such a Boy Scout," rolling his eyes and following Clark.

"There's nothing wrong with being one," he replies as he picks up a plate.

"Well if what I saw in the lobby is any indication, you're certainly not one in private," he quips as he places some food on his plate.

"All you saw was Lois and I holding hands," placing some salad on his plate.

"I saw more than that," a grin on his face as they walk towards the table where Lois was sitting.

"You saw what?" Lois asks as they sit down; Clark on one side of her and Oliver on the other.

"It's not important," giving Oliver a glare.

She eyes them both curiously. "O-kay," taking a sip out of her wine glass. "So," placing the glass back down. "When are we going to meet the bride and groom anyway?"

"You'll meet them shortly."

They all look up to see an older, slightly portly man standing there. "Hey, Franklin," Oliver standing up. "How's the father of the bride?" shaking his hand.

"More nervous than the bride," letting go of Oliver's hand and turning to Lois. "How was your flight?" he asks.

"It was fine," Lois replies as he sits down next to Oliver.

"Good," smiling at her, then turning to Clark. "And you?" he queries.

"It was certainly interesting," discreetly winking at Lois while his hand slips under the table and finds her thigh.

She fidgets ever so slightly in her chair. "Is it me or is it hot in here?" picking up her linen napkin and dabbing her forehead with it.

"I think the temperature in here is just fine," Clark says with a straight face as his fingers begin to caress her thigh.

Oliver rolls his eyes ever so slightly as he says, "So why are you having the wedding in London instead of Metropolis?" he asks.

"My future son-in-law is half-British and half-Italian," he replies.

"Well that's certainly an interesting combination," Lois remarks as she takes a bite out of her dinner roll.

"Don't I know it," chuckling a little. "I don't know about any of you, but I could certainly use a drink," standing up.

"I think I'll join you," Oliver also standing up and walking with him towards the bar.

Lois immediately turns to Clark and punches him on the shoulder. "Would you please stop that?"

Clark removes his hand from her thigh and looks at her curiously. "Stop what?"

"We're supposed to be working," she retorts. "We're not here to---"

"Not here to what?" moving his chair closer until his lips are only a few inches from hers.

She gulps thickly at how close he is. "Sex," the word slipping out.

"What about sex?" softly kissing her behind the ear while his hand once again slips underneath the tablecloth.

"Can you at least get a room?" Oliver frowning as he sits back down. "Scratch that. I forgot you're already in the honeymoon suite," taking a sip of his drink.

"Told you," pushing Clark away and turning to Oliver. "I don't know what's gotten into Clark anyway."

"Is there anything wrong with showing the woman you love some affection?"

"There are times and places for things," crossing her arms against her chest.

Clark starts to make a retort when they hear a little commotion. "What's going on?" he asks as they all stand up.

"It looks like the bride and groom are finally here," Oliver replies as they watch everybody greet a young couple coming into the room.

"I've seen him before, but I can't remember where," a thoughtful look on Lois' face. "Now it's going to bug me until I remember." She grabs Clarks hand. "Come on, Smallville," pulling him with her towards the couple. "Hello," Lois says as she extends her hand. "I'm Lois Lane and this is Clark Kent."

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 14
                                Last edited by gem65; 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎