Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lane-Kent Bunch (The Brady Bunch - Clois style)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't forgotten about this story. I'm currently working on Misty, then I will follow him, then this one.

Comment

• I'm working on Misty right now - but in the meantime, here's a brief snippet of the next chapter:

She starts to head on over towards the table, but Jimmy grabs her arm and pulls her back. "I'm sure it's not what you think."

"Well I guess there's only one way to find out," yanking her arm away and makes her way over towards the table.

Comment

• I just finished the next chapter and will be posting it sometime today. I just want to go over it a few more times.

Comment

• Yay!!!!
          Last edited by darlenejbv; 12-01-2010, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlenejbv
            Yay!!!! :d
            I'm going over it right now and hope to have it posted by the time I have to leave - which is around another half hour or so.

Comment

• Here is the amazing banner by Carol aka ctbn60. Thanks, Carol!

CHAPTER 15

PREVIOUSLY:

Jimmy and Lois arrive at the cafe at the moment that Clark was resting his hand over Cat's. Lois stares at them in shock. What the hell? she thinks again to herself.

Jimmy notices the expression on Lois' face and looks over to see what she's looking at.

This can't be good.

She starts to head on over towards the table, but Jimmy grabs her arm and pulls her back. "I'm sure it's not what you think."

"Well I guess there's only one way to find out," yanking her arm away and makes her way over towards the table.

Clark happens to look up and notices Lois heading in their direction. He quickly lets go of Cat's hand and stands up. "Hi, Lois," his face lighting up at the sight of her. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm having lunch with Jimmy to celebrate my first day at the Planet. What are you doing here?" an edge to her voice.

"Having lunch with a old and new colleague to celebrate my first day at the Planet," eyeing her curiously. "Lois Lane," turning to Cat. "I would like to introduce you to Catherine Grant."

Cat gets up from her chair. "You can call me Cat," extending her hand to Lois. "It's very nice to meet you."

Lois eyes her for a moment. "Nice to meet you too," taking her hand and squeezing it firmly.

Cat pulls her hand away. "That's a firm grip you have," shaking her hand and flexing her fingers.

"Sorry about that. Must be the training I did for my black belt."

"You're a black belt?" his eyebrows cocked. "What degree?"

"Second," she replies.

"That's really impressive," an admiring tone in his voice. "Do you plan on going for your first degree belt?" he asks next.

"I would love to at some point, but I just don't have a lot of spare time to do it right now," shrugging her shoulders.

"I know what you mean about not having a lot of spare time," agreeing with her. "I have the farm, three kids, a new job..." his voice trailing off.

"I don't know how you manage it all," she remarks.

If only she knew; smiling inwardly.

While they continue to talk, Cat takes Jimmy's arm and pulls him over to the side. "Is it just me, or is there something going on between them?" she asks him in a soft voice.

"You could say that," he says coyly.

"So they're dating?"

"Well..." hesitating a moment. "They met last week and had their first date on Saturday," he says at last.

"I see," a thoughtful look on her face. "I must say that they make a good-looking couple," looking over at them again with a sigh.

"They sure are," also looking at them. He turns to her when he hears her sigh. "Are you okay?"

"I will be," sighing again. "It's just that I wish things had worked out with my boyfriend - so to see the two of them together makes me...well...a little wistful."

"That's understandable," briefly squeezing her hand. "If you ever want to talk, I'm an excellent listener. My wife will tell you that," smiling at her.

"That's really sweet of you," smiling back at him, then looking at Clark and Lois again. "Do you think they'll miss us if we take off?" a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Let's give it a shot," grinning at her. "How about we have lunch elsewhere?"

"Dutch treat?"

"If you want," he replies.

"Okay," the two of them walking away.

"So how did you punish your son for what he did to my daughter's hair?" Lois asks him.

"I made him do some extra chores around the farm and grounded him," he replies. "How did you punish your daughter for slugging my son in the eye?" he asks her.

"Pretty much the same thing," she replies. "What else could I do?"

"That's true," agreeing with her. That's when he realizes that Jimmy and Cat were missing. "Did you see them leave?" looking once again her.

"Nope," looking around but not seeing a trace of them. "I wonder why they left," a slight frown on her face.

"I don't know, but I'm kind of glad they did," smiling back at her.

What is it about his smile that makes me weak in the knees? "I think I need to sit down," proceeding to do just that.

He sits back down in his chair across from her; his super-hearing picking up on the fact that her heart was beating a little faster than normal. Yep. She's definitely attracted to me. Thank goodness for super-hearing; smiling to himself.

"What are you smiling about?" she asks.

He gives himself a mental shake and rests his elbows on the table; his fingers linked together and his head resting on top. "I was just wondering if you wanted to have that lunch now," still smiling at her.

"I would love to," finding herself blushing a little. Stop that, Lane. You're acting like a school girl with a crush on the handsome and sexy quarterback. "Were you on the football team in high school?" she asks him suddenly.

"I was the quarterback in my senior year," looking curiously at her. "How did you know?"

"I just figured you were," she replies quickly. "You seem to have the body type for it."

"I do, huh?" leaning forward a little. "Exactly what is my body type?"

She swallows thickly at how close his face is to her. How do I answer that? I just can't come out and say that he has a well-toned muscular body that I would just love to glide my fingers all over and---

"Lois? Are you okay?" interrupting her daydream.

"I'm fine," picking up a napkin from the table. "Is it me, or did it get hot all of a sudden?" dabbing her forehead with it and rubbing the back of her neck.

"You seem a little tense all of a sudden," getting up from his chair and stepping behind her. "How about a nice shoulder massage?" resting his hands on her shoulders and beginning to massage them.

"Umm," a soft moan escaping her lips. "That feels sooo good," her eyes drifting shut.

I would love to make her moan from more than just a shoulder massage; he can't help but think to himself as he continues to rub her shoulders. "Better?" eventually removing his hands and sitting back down at his chair.

She opens her eyes at last. "Oh, yeah," rolling her head from side to side. "That was the most amazing shoulder massage I've ever had."

"That was nothing," a satisfied grin on his face. "You should have one of Clark Kent's famous all-body massages," winking at her.

She squirms in her seat from the tingle she's feeling all of a sudden. "I would absolutely love one of those," her eyes widening as she realizes what she just said.

"You can count on it," he says teasingly. "So how about we have that lunch now?"

"You better believe it," picking up the menu and perusing it.

He's about to make a reply when he feels his phone vibrate. He pulls it out and sees a text message from Jimmy.

There's a building on fire a block away from the Ace of Clubs.

He frowns to himself as he quickly types his response.

I'm on it. Thanks.

"Would you excuse me for a moment?" getting up from his chair. "I have to make a call. If the waitress comes, can you tell her I want a club sandwich on wheat and an decaf iced tea?"

"Of course," looking up at him as he walks around the building into the alley. Once he's out of sight, he leaps into the air and immediately flies over to the building and puts out the fire. He comes back to the alley and brushes himself off, then casually strolls back over to the table.

"Everything okay?" she asks as he sits down.

"Everything is fine," picking up his iced tea.

"That's good," looking at him curiously.

He looks up and notices the way she's looking at him. "Something wrong?"

"You just have a spot on your cheek," dipping a napkin in her water glass and dabbing at the spot on his cheek. "There. All gone," removing the napkin from his face. She looks down at it and sniffs it. "Huh," sniffing it again.

"What is it?" he asks.

"This smells like soot," she replies.

"It does huh?" a trace of nervousness in his voice.

She notes the change in his voice. Why does he seem nervous all of a sudden?

Before she could ask him about it, the waitress comes to the table. "Here is your corned beef sandwich on rye," setting down the plate in front of Lois. "And here is your club sandwich on wheat," placing the plate in front of Clark.

"Thank you," Clark says as the waitress pours some more water in their water glasses.

"Did you just hear the news?" she remarks as she's pouring the water.

"What news?" Lois' ears perking up.

"There was a fire a block away from the Ace of Clubs and it was mysteriously put out in seconds - just like that," snapping her fingers. "I bet it was that flying man that saved that guy this morning."

"I was there," Lois casually remarks as she takes a bite out of her sandwich.

"You were?" her eyes widening.

"In fact, he said hello to me and kissed my hand," she says next.

"You are sooo lucky. I saw a picture of him on the internet. He is so damn sexy," she says with a sigh. "Maybe he should be called Sexy Man," winking at Lois.

Lois is about to answer when she notices the slight frown on Clark's face. "I was thinking of Superman instead," resuming eating her sandwich.

"I like that," she replies. "That's perfect."

Clark is about to speak up when somebody from another table is calling for her. "Will you excuse me?" she says; walking away from the table.

"He really made an impression on you didn't he?" a slight edge to his voice.

"He sure did," noticing the change in his voice. Could it be that he's jealous? "You're not jealous now - are you?"

"Me? Jealous?" scoffing at the notion. "Why would I be jealous?"

"I don't know," she admits. "You had a slight frown on your face when the waitress was going on and on about him."

"Well I'm not," taking another sip of his iced tea.

"You know," pausing a moment. "I was wondering about something."

He puts down his glass. "What were you wondering about?"

"I couldn't help but notice how cozy you and Cat were when Jimmy and I showed up," raising an eyebrow.

He looks at her quizzically. "Don't tell me you were jealous?" his eyes twinkling.

"Of course not," she replies rather quickly. "I don't get jealous," taking a sip of her water.

He picks up her hand and stares into her eyes. "We're just friends, Lois. That's all," softly kissing her fingers. "Okay?"

I can't feel my fingers; staring down at her hand. "Okay," reluctantly pulling her hand away.

"Good," taking another sip of his iced tea.

His lips felt just like Superman's lips; staring at him for a moment, then back at her hand. Nah. That's crazy; giving herself a mental shake as she picks up her sandwich...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 16
              Last edited by gem65; 12-14-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Wonderful update. Well done. Now, if only I could have one of Clark Kent's full body massages..........

Comment

• Just read the first chapter.. so now that I am hooked I am gonna have to find time to catch up. thanks a lot!

Comment

• Great update!

Comment

• I'd like to get in line for one of Clark's full body massages, hehe.

Great update, Lois and Clark are really bonding.

Comment

• Oh,Lois if you knew!! Man, did Clark just said they were only friends?? HAHA, I want to see how long this ''friendship'' will last? In other words, I can't wait for another update. Can you add me to your list of the posters who are announced when there is an update/? Thank you!!

Comment

• Originally posted by superjude
                          Wonderful update. Well done. Now, if only I could have one of Clark Kent's full body massages..........
                          Me too.

Originally posted by FWvidchick
                          Just read the first chapter.. so now that I am hooked I am gonna have to find time to catch up. thanks a lot!
                          Now my job is done.

Originally posted by CloisShipper
                          Great update!
                          Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by phoenixnz
                          I'd like to get in line for one of Clark's full body massages, hehe.

Great update, Lois and Clark are really bonding.
                          Me too. I'm going to try and get 'S' to give me one when I visit him at Christmas.

Originally posted by Isabel14
                          Oh,Lois if you knew!! Man, did Clark just said they were only friends?? HAHA, I want to see how long this ''friendship'' will last? In other words, I can't wait for another update. Can you add me to your list of the posters who are announced when there is an update/? Thank you!!
                          That's what he told her - and yes I will put you on my list of posters.

Comment

• great update lois is figuring it out

Comment

• Originally posted by bigvillir001
                              great update lois is figuring it out
                              Maybe she is and maybe she's not. Glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

• XD!!! it was funny how the two of them got all of sudden al jealous...
                                Yes Lois Clark lips = Superman lips
                                Come on girl link the pieces, your delectable Clark is Big Blue
                                Loved the update, PPMS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎