No announcement yet.

Episode #10.12: "Collateral"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lori
    And here in lies the problem for me, the hints of the Dollie relationship on the show have been nothing but comical fanwinks in my view
    This is essentially how Clois started.

Comment

• Originally posted by spotteddog
      Finally, although "Luthor" looks like lots of fun, "Icarus" and "Collateral" are the eps I am really anticipating. After those epis I expect SV to be in full Darkseid mode, with the world against the heroes.
      Same here.

Comment

• Originally posted by spotteddog
        Am I making this up, or don't I recall scenes in the past where Ollie was complaining to Chloe that Dinah would not return his calls or texts? I am saying that Ollie and Dinah have already been an item on SV, so I would not be surprised to see it happen again.

I have a funny feeling that Chloe is going to have a "higher calling" when she gets back that will get in the way of the Chlollie relationship.

Finally, although "Luthor" looks like lots of fun, "Icarus" and "Collateral" are the eps I am really anticipating. After those epis I expect SV to be in full Darkseid mode, with the world against the heroes.
        It was a scene in AJ....where Ollie tells Chloe emails from Dinah are purely platonic.....that is all...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cloisdestined
          I'm not interested in seeing Dollie, Schollie, or Polly or whatever. For God's sakes no more triangles. Let the Green Arrow mythology stay in the comic books. This is a Superman show. Just let him sleep with whoever he wants.
          exactly

----- Added 45 Seconds later -----

Originally posted by ginevrakent
          This is essentially how Clois started.

And subsequently Lois was in 2 episodes...
          Last edited by Greenarrowjustice; 11-22-2010, 10:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
            And subsequently Lois was in 2 episodes...
            My meaning was that iconic relationships can be set up with a few anvils. Whether they're explored fully onscreen is another matter. When Lois was first introduced, it was as a guest star for 4 episodes; hence Erica Durance not being in the S4 credits even though she was later made a series regular. Anvils like, "I'd take a nerd with glasses any day of the week," "the best ones always start that way," and "See you around, Smallville" would have basically been the extent of Lois and Clark's development if DC hadn't given them the permission to bring Lois on as a regular character--something they had to renegotiate between S4 and S5.

In S7's Siren, TPTB weren't sure if that season was going to be their last. This is why they started setting up the iconic romances in Siren with Lois and Clark sharing the heart to heart in the Talon and Dinah and Ollie walking off into the sunset, so to speak. In the DVD commentary for Siren, the producers were clear that "Black Canary and Green Arrow are a couple. They're like Clark and Lois are to Superman."

While I don't presume to know what TPTB intend, I wouldn't put it past them to include some hints of Dinah/Oliver. These hints wouldn't be anything that would go beyond friendship, chemistry, and anvils. But they could include hints, nonetheless. Then all they'd need to do to align with the mythos in the end is say Dinah's headed for Star City in her last guest appearance (right now I believe that's Collateral) and then have Oliver head that way in his last appearance on the show, leaving the rest to our collective imaginations. This is pretty much all Al Gough and Miles Millar were thinking they'd be able to accomplish when they first brought Lois on the show, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by ginevrakent
              My meaning was that iconic relationships can be set up with a few anvils. Whether they're explored fully onscreen is another matter. When Lois was first introduced, it was as a guest star for 4 episodes; hence Erica Durance not being in the S4 credits even though she was later made a series regular. Anvils like, "I'd take a nerd with glasses any day of the week," "the best ones always start that way," and "See you around, Smallville" would have basically been the extent of Lois and Clark's development if DC hadn't given them the permission to bring Lois on as a regular character--something they had to renegotiate between S4 and S5.

In S7's Siren, TPTB weren't sure if that season was going to be their last. This is why they started setting up the iconic romances in Siren with Lois and Clark sharing the heart to heart in the Talon and Dinah and Ollie walking off into the sunset, so to speak. In the DVD commentary for Siren, the producers were clear that "Black Canary and Green Arrow are a couple. They're like Clark and Lois are to Superman."

While I don't presume to know what TPTB intend, I wouldn't put it past them to include some hints of Dinah/Oliver. These hints wouldn't be anything that would go beyond friendship, chemistry, and anvils. But they could include hints, nonetheless. Then all they'd need to do to align with the mythos in the end is say Dinah's headed for Star City in her last guest appearance (right now I believe that's Collateral) and then have Oliver head that way in his last appearance on the show, leaving the rest to our collective imaginations. This is pretty much all Al Gough and Miles Millar were thinking they'd be able to accomplish when they first brought Lois on the show, if I'm not mistaken.
              in a cameo appearance in one episode, and a full appearance in an episode that features a chloe return described as both fun and romantic - it does not seem likely - as likely as the predictions for dollie flirting in last season finale

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenarrowjustice
                in a cameo appearance in one episode, and a full appearance in an episode that features a chloe return described as both fun and romantic - it does not seem likely - as likely as the predictions for dollie flirting in last season finale
                It's not like I think it's over 50% likely. I'm just saying it's possible, and can be done. With Smallville anything is possible. And considering what they did to Jimmy (Henry) Olsen, the things TPTB seem willing to do to supposedly line up to the mythos seems to be limitless. In short, I'm keeping an open mind when it comes to Chlollie and Dollie, because I don't think anything is for certain when it comes to them.

Comment

It's not like I think it's over 50% likely. I'm just saying it's possible, and can be done. With Smallville anything is possible. And considering what they did to Jimmy (Henry) Olsen, the things TPTB seem willing to do to supposedly line up to the mythos seems to be limitless. In short, I'm keeping an open mind when it comes to Chlollie and Dollie, because I don't think anything is for certain when it comes to them.
                  Let's not also forget that the episode before Clois gets engaged they feel the need to have Clark and Tess kiss and in the past year it's been full Clois and they've been in a relationship but Clark will end up being kissed by three different women. So let's not forget that it is SV. .

As for if it occurs or not I'd rather it not just to save the drama. I wouldn't mind a wink or a nod but there really is no need for them to hook up or do anything right before Chloe returns in a romantic way.

Comment

• At this point the character Chloe serves no purpose, even in the SV universe. The actors RL obligations/choices(and maybe TPTB choices) have ruined it for the character. She should just be written off and done with it. Let Oliver move on and get on with his life. Last minute disappearance to account for the actors absence, along with some quasi-comeback are just gimmicks at this point.

They honestly should of ended it in s9, for the character. It's just way out in left field this season, and the characters comeback will probably be nothing different.Meshes with none of this season, no clue or mentions, besides mopey Oliver telling Tess every chance he gets that she will never be Chloe and that he loves her.

Be different if they had tied her appearance into the season and given glimpses and mentions besides quick 10 second moping by Oliver. But, because of the circumstances of the actor, the whole Chloe situation is so detached from the actual season and whats going on, it just has no place. Nothing against the character, just doesn't fit in with this season anymore.It's like a quest star at this point, coming out of no where , for a episode , does some stuff, then you forget about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supagirl
                      It was a scene in AJ....where Ollie tells Chloe emails from Dinah are purely platonic.....that is all...
                      And if I remember correctly, he referred to her as canary, so it doesn't seem like it was very personal - like they were calling each other Ollie/Dinah, etc. If you know what I mean...

Comment

yes if it wasn't the last season because it is I don't think they are going to make anyone mad at this point. chloe and olly should be safe...now whether they should be is another thing. i am not too fussed about dinah and ollie. They are not huge for me but I am sure a few people will be disappointed

Comment

• Originally posted by DiabeticDude202
                          And if I remember correctly, he referred to her as canary, so it doesn't seem like it was very personal - like they were calling each other Ollie/Dinah, etc. If you know what I mean...
                          Regardless of what Oliver called Dinah, if his dynamic with her was so impersonal I have to question why Oliver got so defensive about the content of his emails, as he rushed to clarify that they were "strictly platonic." YMMV.

Originally posted by aerdna
                          yes if it wasn't the last season because it is I don't think they are going to make anyone mad at this point. chloe and olly should be safe...now whether they should be is another thing. i am not too fussed about dinah and ollie. They are not huge for me but I am sure a few people will be disappointed
                          Would anyone include DC comics who have to approve of certain deviations from the mythos? See, I'm not so sure that TPTB have a choice in all of this. I'm rather ambivalent about any of Oliver's relationships because, while I find Oliver occasionally charming and admirable, I'm not too impressed with him; as such, I don't know if I care to pair any woman up with him. I'd probably find any upcoming Ollie romance related content to be boring, especially if it distracts from Clark and the main plots/themes of the season.

So if TPTB can't or don't want to keep Chlollie together until the end, and they decide to hint at Dollie as a result, it's fine with me because it wouldn't require that much focus on the show. If they can and do want Chlollie together in the end, then that's fine too. I'd just rather not have to watch too much of it onscreen.

Comment

Regardless of what Oliver called Dinah, if his dynamic with her was so impersonal I have to question why Oliver got so defensive about the content of his emails, as he rushed to clarify that they were "strictly platonic." YMMV.
                            Because he didn't want Chloe thinking it was something more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinge
                              At this point the character Chloe serves no purpose, even in the SV universe. The actors RL obligations/choices(and maybe TPTB choices) have ruined it for the character. She should just be written off and done with it. Let Oliver move on and get on with his life. Last minute disappearance to account for the actors absence, along with some quasi-comeback are just gimmicks at this point.

They honestly should of ended it in s9, for the character. It's just way out in left field this season, and the characters comeback will probably be nothing different.Meshes with none of this season, no clue or mentions, besides mopey Oliver telling Tess every chance he gets that she will never be Chloe and that he loves her.

Be different if they had tied her appearance into the season and given glimpses and mentions besides quick 10 second moping by Oliver. But, because of the circumstances of the actor, the whole Chloe situation is so detached from the actual season and whats going on, it just has no place. Nothing against the character, just doesn't fit in with this season anymore.It's like a quest star at this point, coming out of no where , for a episode , does some stuff, then you forget about them.
                              I won't even go there with you because there are characters on the show right now who actually serves no real purposes. Chloe is definitely not one of them. I actually think the way they're handling Chloe/Oliver storyline is realistic and I'm sure you no one would have done better. You're talking about a important character who has been on the show for 9 years...so no...no way we'll forget about her. If anything her love for her will get stronger. Some might not like it but this is how it's gonna be. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiabeticDude202
                                Because he didn't want Chloe thinking it was something more.
                                I don't think if the content was so obviously platonic that Oliver would feel in any way compelled to defend it as platonic, especially since he and Chloe weren't exactly in a committed relationship at that time. However, this is topic for another place, as it's old news.

Speaking of new news, I'm wondering if how much Dinah and Chloe's stories will intersect in Collateral. I liked the wordless scene Alaina and Allison shared at Jimmy's funeral in Doomsday, so it would be nice to see them share the screen again.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎