Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lane-Kent Bunch (The Brady Bunch - Clois style)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LariCherry
    Great start!
    Can't wait for more!

I don't how can you write many stories at the same time! Congratulations
    I'm unemployed - that's why. I do have a temporary seasonal position. At least that's something. Thanks for the congrats!

Comment

I'm so excited for this one! Lovin it! Mary Ellen, it is always wonderful to add another story to my list of readings!

Comment

Mary Ellen, I have to say when I saw the title of this thread i was a little sceptical, i kept having visions of a 1970's clois hehe. but once i read the prologue i was sold. It was sad yes, but necessary, i so can't wait to see lois and clark meet. i really like this idea, its interesting so PPMS

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou26
          Mary Ellen, I have to say when I saw the title of this thread i was a little sceptical, i kept having visions of a 1970's clois hehe. but once i read the prologue i was sold. It was sad yes, but necessary, i so can't wait to see lois and clark meet. i really like this idea, its interesting so PPMS
          I'm glad you understand about the Prologue being sad. It was necessary. And I can understand the 70's thing, but trust me when I say it won't be. It's definitely an up to date version. I will use some of the ideas for stories but with a Clois twist - which you know will be fun. Glad you like the idea. It just popped into my head. And it made me laugh. I guess that's a good sign.

I'm so excited for this one! Lovin it! Mary Ellen, it is always wonderful to add another story to my list of readings!
          I'm glad you're so excited. I have a lot of great ideas. I can't wait to write the one where they first meet.

Comment

Oh, this seems like a really cool story! I can not wait until you post a new chapter!

I felt so bad for both Lois and Clark, even more for Lois becuase of what her husband was doing to her! Haha, I'm really looking forward to when they finally do meet.

Comment

Originally posted by lpzsalsaverde
              Oh, this seems like a really cool story! I can not wait until you post a new chapter!

I felt so bad for both Lois and Clark, even more for Lois becuase of what her husband was doing to her! Haha, I'm really looking forward to when they finally do meet.
              I have a fun idea for that one. I have a feeling you'll really like it.

Comment

Interesting ppms

Comment

Originally posted by lya24
                  Interesting ppms
                  It was one of those ideas that just stuck in my head. *shrugging shoulders* And I will post Chapter 1 sometime this week.

Comment

come on Mary Ellen, I'm eager here lol I really really like this idea and I need to read chapter one. I just know their meeting is gonna be so funny and awkward hehe PPMS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Loulou26
                      come on Mary Ellen, I'm eager here lol I really really like this idea and I need to read chapter one. I just know their meeting is gonna be so funny and awkward hehe PPMS!!
                      I will sometime this week. But it doesn't look like they'll actually meet in Chapter 1. Maybe Chapter 2. I'm going to update Can you read my mind? next. It's another milestone. Chapter 75 to be exact. You're eyes will probably bulge out of your head when you read it. And that's all I have to say about that. Now where is that damn box of chocolates???

Comment

Wowww!!! Great start!!! I can't wait to read Chapter 1. PPMS

Comment

Originally posted by dodorvis
                          Wowww!!! Great start!!! I can't wait to read Chapter 1. PPMS
                          I will PMS sometime this week. That's a promise.

Comment

I have an update almost ready for Waiting for tonight. This is my next one. And just a hint: [SPOILER]It takes place four years later.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Here is the amazing banner by Carol aka ctbn60. Thanks, Carol!

CHAPTER 1

Four years later...

Clark is busy typing up his latest story when his phone rings. "Clark Kent - Smallville Gazette," he answers. He listens for a minute. "He did WHAT?" his voice raised an octave. "I see," closing his eyes and rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Alright, I'll be right there. Goodbye," slamming the phone down.

"Something wrong?"

He looks up to see a woman standing next to his desk. "Hi Cat," he says. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, but you haven't answered my question," sitting down on the edge of his desk.

He frowns for a moment; leaning back in his chair. "I just got a call from my sons school. Apparently Peter decided that one of his classmates needed a haircut. I think you could guess what happened next."

"He did that? trying to stifle a laugh.

"It's not funny Cat," glaring at her.

"I'm sorry Clark, but I can't help it," now laughing openly.

"Well I have to go pick him up because he's been suspended for two days - AGAIN," getting up from his chair and putting on his jacket.

She gets up too. "I'm sorry for laughing," laying her hand on his shoulder. "I may not have kids, but I do know I would probably feel the same way if it were mine."

He looks down at her. "Thanks Cat," a small smile on his face. "I just don't know what to do with him."

"I wish I could give you some advice but I can't," shrugging her shoulders. "But anytime you want to talk about it, just pick up the phone and call me."

"I appreciate that." He leans over his desk and logs off his computer. "I better let our editor know I have to leave early," opening one of the drawers and pulling out his keys. "I'll see you tomorrow," he says as he starts to leave.

"I won't be here tomorrow," calling out after him.

He turns around to look at her. "Really?" looking curiously at her. "You never take a day off."

"I'm not taking a day off Clark," she replies.

"You're not?" he asks.

"Nope," she says. "I've accepted a job offer so today is my last day."

He walks back over to her. "Congratulations," giving her a brief hug. "So where are you going?" he asks as he lets go of her.

"I will be the new gossip columnist at the Daily Planet," a big smile on her face.

His jaw drops at her announcement. "Did I just hear you say that you got a job at the Daily Planet?" he says incredulously.

She looks at him curiously. "Yes. Why? Is there something wrong with that?" her eyes narrowing a little.

"No," he replies. "I didn't mean to imply that."

"Then what did you mean?" she asks him.

"It's just..." sighing for a moment. "I've been trying to get a job there for the last couple years. Not even so much as an interview. It's just so frustrating," shrugging his shoulders.

"I totally understand your frustrations. Believe me, I've more than paid my dues. And you just have to pay yours. I have a feeling you will make it there. And when you do, I will be the first one to welcome you with open arms. Deal?" extending her hand towards him.

He takes her hand and shakes it. "Deal," he says with a smile.

The Talon

"I am so sick and tired of working at the Inquisitor," Lois complains to her sister while having a cup of coffee. "If I have to write one more story about meteor freaks in Smallville I'm going to lose what's left of my mind."

Lucy calmly sips her coffee as Lois continues to complain. Lois stops talking when Lucy doesn't even make a response. "Are you just going to sit there and say nothing?" frowning at her.

"I was waiting until you shut up before I told you my good news," a sly smile on her face.

Lois looks at her curiously. "Okay. You look like the proverbial cat who swallowed the canary," Lois remarks. "So come on, spill it."

"Okay," Lucy replies. "You know that I've been dating a guy named Ron right?"

"I know," rolling her eyes. "You haven't been able to stop talking about him for months now. What about him?"

"Well what I didn't tell you was that he's a reporter for the Daily Planet."

"Thanks for rubbing it in. You know how hard I've been trying to get a job there," frowning yet again.

"Well if you let me finish," getting a little annoyed. "Ron put in a good word for you and guess what?"

"What?" Lois replies.

"You have an interview with the Editor-in-Chief at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon," sitting back in her chair with a big grin on her face.

Her eyes widen in disbelief. "NO!"

"YES!" Lucy shouts back.

"Seriously? I have an interview? At the Daily Planet?" her voice going up an octave.

"That's right," Lucy says; picking up her coffee mug and taking another sip.

"I can't believe it!" shaking her head in astonishment. "You have any idea how long I've been trying to get an interview there?"

"I know. I've been listening to you complain for the last four years," Lucy remarks. "I gave Ron a few of your articles and he passed them on to the Editor-in-Chief. He was very impressed with your writing."

"Wow," still shaking her head. Then she becomes serious. "Thank you so much Lucy," taking her sisters hand and grasping it tightly. "I could never make it up to you."

"You don't have to," she replies; putting her other hand over Lois'. "Just go to the interview and knock 'em dead Then we'll be even," smiling back at Lois.

Lois is about to respond when her phone rings. She pulls it out of her pocket and flips it open. "Hello?" she answers. "Yes this is Lois Lane-Keenan," she replies. "She WHAT?" she exclaims; listening for a moment. "Okay," rubbing her forehead. "I'll be right there. Goodbye," slamming her phone shut and shoving it into her pocket.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asks her.

"That was Janet's school. Apparently she got into an argument with one of her classmates and ended up punching him in the face. She's been suspended for two days," getting up from her chair and putting on her coat. "I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with her. This is the second time in the last two months."

"Is there anything I can do?"

Lois turns to her. "Could you could pick up Cindy at kindergarten for me?"

"Of course," also getting up from her chair.

"Thanks," Lois replies; rushing out the Talon door.

Smallville Grammar School

Lois hurriedly pulls into a parking space and practically leaps out of her car; slamming the door behind her and rushing towards the entrance. She's close to the door when a man rushes by her and opens the door; closing it behind him. "HEY!" she yells out.

He turns around and sees her; a look of surprise on his face. He comes back to the door and opens it. "I'm so sorry Ms.," he says; holding it open for her. "I didn't see you there," smiling at her as she walks through the doorway.

She looks up at him and notices the most beautiful blue eyes she's ever seen. Wow! she can't help but think to herself. I've never seen eyes like that.

He stares back at her in the same way; noticing the green and gold flecks in her hazel eyes. Wow! he thinks to himself. Then he gives himself a mental shake. "I really am sorry," he says.

"It's okay," she replies; smiling at him.

"Well," he says; "I really should be going. I have to pick up my son at the principal's office."

"I have to pick up my daughter at the principal's office," she replies.

"I guess both our children are in trouble then huh?" he remarks. "What did yours do?" he asks her as they walk down the hallway.

"Mine got into an argument with one of her classmates and ended up punching him in the eye."

He chuckles a little. "Mine decided to give one of his classmates a haircut."

"Kids," she says with a smirk. "What will we do with them?"

"I don't know," shaking his head. "But we love them anyway." They reach the door to the Principals office. "By the way, I'm Clark. Clark Kent," extending his hand towards her.

"I'm Lois. Lois Lane-Keenan," taking his hand...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Here's the link to Chapter 2
                              Last edited by gem65; 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Awesome update.

They finally meet. Wonder how long Lois will be keeping the Keenan hyphen.

Looking forward to reading more.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎