No announcement yet.

Supergirl!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supergirl!?

I'm not sure where they get their info from but throwing supergirl in the mix just does not seem right. Kinda like mixing APPLES and ORANGES and then calling it BANANAS. Isn't Krypton supposed to be non-existent, and doesn't supergirl show up in the distant future??? And JOR-EL is starting to sound like LIONEL with that. If they do bring someone from the mythos i think it should be BIZZARO, he would be an awesome and more plausible addition. Don't really dig the Supergirl though. We are in SMALLVILLE right?

I think this info is prolly either confusion or wishful thinking based on the fact that Jeph Loeb's 'Supergirl from Krypton' story will appear in DC Comics soon. But who knows?

Comment

It's utter bollocks. The "repopulation" story has been done on Lois & Clark, Krypton was destroyed anyway, and I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed any other Kryptonians on the show either. Big fat red herring.

Comment

I agree. As mentioned above, it wouldn't be right to just throw Supergirl into the mix right out of nowhere, because the storyline for this season just doesn't swing that way to just allow Supergirl to all of a sudden show up in Smallville. But who knows, maybe the story will signficantly change in the next bunch of episodes

Comment

i agree with Huge........ how can you send a person to earth, if that person's planet is already destroyed???? AND how could Jor-El send her when he was destroyed with Krypton????? makes no since to me.

Comment

Hilary Duff as Kara. Helll no. I think of way better people

Comment

It's either an idealistic speculation by some fan, or a false leak by the WB to keep us from guessing what's going to really happen.

I'm all for Supergirl being on the show, but possibly later down the line. If this happens, it's totally illogical and would seem out of place, even with all that's going on, and even if this Kara isn't the real Kara, the name Kara is going to be associated with something bad, and that's not what Supergirl represents . . . I'm hoping it's just a rumor . . . .

Comment

how can you send a person to earth, if that person's planet is already destroyed???? AND how could Jor-El send her when he was destroyed with Krypton????? makes no since to me.
                We already saw time travel introduced into Smallville. Would be to far-fetched to think of travel into other dimensions? Alright, then you were able to do everything ...

Comment

From what I understand about the way Jeph Loeb is reintroducing Supergirl to the comics, she arrives as a teenager when Superman and Batman are already adults and full-fledged superheroes. Superman believes her story of being from Krypton - Batman doesn't. Much hilarity ensues.

Doesn't mesh with this rumor, not one little bit.

Comment

Originaly when she was introduced:

"Kara, Superman's first cousin, the daughter of the Kryptonian scientist Zor-El and his wife Alura. Born and raised on Argo City, a city of the planet Krypton which survived the death of its native planet when it was hurled into outer space, people and buildings alive and intact, by the force of the cataclysm that destroyed Krypton, she was - at the age of fifteen - launched toward Earth in a small rocket ship by her father Zor-El when the city faced extinction due to kryptonite poisoning"

Perhaps if she is infact introduced in smallville she mignt have been sent on a different rout or at a slower speed from krypton, meant with the purpose of makeing an army of supermen to concur the earth.

Comment

Is the Supergirl in Loeb's comic Superman's cousin as well, or is Kara a common Kryptonian name? Either way, this rumor sounds completely false. Look at the source listed on K-Site. "Someone" sent us this??? Sounds trustworthy to me. Yeah, right.

Supergirl, Clark's cousin or not, should not come onto Smallville until mid-fourth season, if at all. There's way too much going on this season for her to show up out of nowhere.

Comment

My daughter has always said Hilary Duff would be a great Supergirl.

That being said. I am not sure if bringing Supergirl into Smallville is a good idea. I can think of better people to bring in.

ps-Actually, Duff and Welling played siblings in Cheaper By the Dozen.

Comment

NO Hillary Duff in Smallville! There is no way she could pull of Supergirl, plus she doesn't look at all like Supergirl, other than the hair.

Comment

Hmmm...Speculation at it's best is what it sounds like to me.

How about this then, Lionel makes a clone,names it Kara,gives it some Krytonite Powers, sends it after Clark to obtain a pure specimen of Clarks genes. Tell him some crazy story about needing his DNA to reseed the Kryptonian population or something similar.

Hows that for a storyline???

Comment

Supergirl is one of those characters that should NEVER appear on the show. Kara arriving in Smallville of all places when Clark is still a teenager complicates things to no end.

And Jor-El sending her to retrieve Clark? Sounds like a bad mix between Lois & Clark and Abrams' new movie script.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎